• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

jesusraz

Great to see that Xenoblade is riding high in the French and German Amazon charts, whilst it's creeping up the UK one!

Franchuzas87 said:
Ugh... I didn't like that game neither. Serious pace issues in my opinion. Still interesting, but I think Monolith should keep doing what they do best: RPGs.

By the way, when can we read the review? :p
3,200 words in and I'm just trying to tie it all together, making sure there's lots of detail, but no spoilers. It'll be finished tonight, but it's up to the reviews editor when it goes live...maybe tomorrow :)

RPGCrazied

Not having a tracking # kinda stinks. I have no idea where it is, or how close it is. :( Is just going to magically appear on my doorstep a week or so from now?

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. I didn't get that. This should get at least 8.5 in graphics. I don't think it would be able to run on PS3/360 systems without major technical problems. Probably not possible.

:lol

RPGCrazied

Yeah. If you guys don't have one, get a CCPro controller. The Wiimote for this game isn't good. Sure you can play that way, but it really does stink. I have a white one, so I'm kinda jealous of the people getting the red one.

mclem

schennmu said:
rpgcrazied said:
Yeah. I didn't get that. This should get at least 8.5 in graphics. I don't think it would be able to run on PS3/360 systems without major technical problems. Probably not possible.
:lol

Well, yeah. I'm pretty sure they couldn't even run a rudimentary port of Dolphin.

got Dolphin configured and ready to go..

Clearly the only way to play Xenoblade.. at 2560x1440 resolution.

My body is ready.. my computer is ready. Bring on Xenoblade!

I also have a Wii to rip the game to ISO and to play the game if the emulator doesn't give me a satisfactory experience.. but I think it will be fine.

For those following at home:

"Xenoblade is hands-down the Wii’s best JRPG, and arguably the most competent and refreshing example of the genre this generation."
- Games™ (9/10)

"Xenoblade Chronicles is the best Japanese RPG of this generation."
- IGN (9/10)

"The best Japanese role-player of the current generation and a big step forwards for the genre in terms of accessibility and ambition."
- Metro (9/10)

RPGCrazied said:
Come on guys, quit beating a dead horse. :p I'm not a fanboy of any console and purely my own opinion.

Doesn't have anything to do with fanboyism or opinion. But whatever, let's enjoy the game ;)

xtrasauce said:

"Xenoblade is hands-down the Wii’s best JRPG, and arguably the most competent and refreshing example of the genre this generation."
- Games™ (9/10)

- IGN (9/10)

"The best Japanese role-player of the current generation and a big step forwards for the genre in terms of accessibility and ambition."
- Metro (9/10)

Damn!

RPGCrazied

schennmu said:
Doesn't have anything to do with fanboyism or opinion. But whatever, let's enjoy the game ;)

I'm going to. :) I would play it on my computer, cause I have a nice one. But with the Japanese import I had major sound issues, plus I couldn't get my controller to work with or did I know how to emulate a Wiimote controller on PC.

weeaboo

xtrasauce said:

- Games™ (9/10)

- IGN (9/10)

- Metro (9/10)

And don't forget "Graphics are bad! lol Wii!! Need more Final Fantasy XIII!!!"

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
xtrasauce said:

- Games™ (9/10)

- IGN (9/10)

- Metro (9/10)

Can someone send these to NoA?

RPGCrazied

Maybe the EU version will like Dolphin better than the Japanese did. It sure did look pretty. Would love to play it with some antialasing. :)

RPGCrazied

Diprosalic said:
how well does the game run in Dolphin?

I had sound issues(static and popping) and I couldn't get the controller to work. Of course each system will be different of course.

I don't know if the EU version will do any differently.

wrowa

It's really nice to see that the thread is already 20 pages long(*), even though Xenoblade hasn't been released in Europe yet and isn't planned for a US release.

I was already half-expecting a devastating OT with 3 participating people and 10 pages total.

(*) Yes, 20. 50ppp is the right way to use GAF

UberTag

aidan said:
Can someone send these to NoA?
Xenoblade is only going to be the best-reviewed Wii game of the year. Clearly nobody in North America wanted it. All we want is ZELDA. Give us ZELDA, Nintendo. We love ZELDA.

Gemcrafting seems confusing. Fever? HEAT? Purity? I don't think HEAT is even possible with the cheap little crystals I have. Maybe I shouldn't bother for a while...

Mudo

edit : Nevermind! Apparently my boyfriend ordered Xenoblade from a GAF-Banned site - great!!! And I gave him a list of places to order from that I had seen on this thread. Oh well, I guess I should try and give them a call or something

RPGCrazied

wrowa said:
It's really nice to see that the thread is already 20 pages long(*), even though Xenoblade hasn't been released in Europe yet and isn't planned for a US release.

I was already half-expecting a devastating OT with 3 participating people and 10 pages total.

(*) Yes, 20. 50ppp is the right way to use GAF

Well, with how easy it is to softmod the Wii, I'm surprised there isn't that much more in here. I guess people just don't realize how easy it is to make your Wii region free.

mjc

The Hut just shipped out my copy, should be getting to me in two/three weeks. Let the waiting commence.

mclem

RPGCrazied said:
Well, with how easy it is to softmod the Wii, I'm surprised there isn't that much more in here. I guess people just don't realize how easy it is to make your Wii region free.

It'd be nice if, once people realise how easy it is and maybe spread the word, perhaps we could get a small boost in Disaster sales too.

Hey, I can dream.

RPGCrazied

mclem said:
It'd be nice if, once people realise how easy it is and maybe spread the word, perhaps we could get a small boost in Disaster sales too.

Hey, I can dream.

Well, if I can do it, anyone can. :p All you need is an SD card, brawl and a search from google.

Took me 10mins.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
RPGCrazied said:
Well, if I can do it, anyone can. :p All you need is an SD card, brawl and a search from google.

Took me 10mins.

You don't even need SSB:B if you're using the letterbomb technique. Super easy and fast.

Mudo said:
edit : Nevermind! Apparently my boyfriend ordered Xenoblade from a GAF-Banned site - great!!! And I gave him a list of places to order from that I had seen on this thread. Oh well, I guess I should try and give them a call or something
If it was ShopTo they got banned from GAF due to credit card leaks happening a few years back and them denying all responsibility (they eventually said it was a leak with their payment processor). Apparently they've sorted the problems since and you can also use paypal.

RPGCrazied

aidan said:
You don't even need SSB:B if you're using the letterbomb technique. Super easy and fast.

Ah. My Wii is fairly young still, so it had the latest update on it, making most of those options obsolete.

Mudo

Ok well if that's all it was then I feel a little better about it. Guess I'll just wait and see since I've already paid for the game and all. Thanks for the heads up.

jesusraz

xtrasauce said:

- Games™ (9/10)

- IGN (9/10)

- Metro (9/10)
Add to that:

"Monolith Soft’s grand Xenoblade Chronicles has arrived, bringing with it a sterling soundtrack, a phenomenal visual impact, vast amount of customisation, intriguing story and massive value for money. With it definitely proving itself to be of the highest calibre on Wii it is time for RPG fans to take a stand and show their appreciation for this sublime classic."
- Cubed3 (10/10)

creid

It's pretty damning that NoA didn't want to bring this here despite it's quality, right? They're basically saying "Even we couldn't make a AAA non-franchise game sell." Essentially showing that they agree with everyone who says that the only thing that sells on Nintendo consoles are big franchises.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
I had sound issues(static and popping) and I couldn't get the controller to work. Of course each system will be different of course.

I don't know if the EU version will do any differently.
I managed to get the controller working. Also the music doesnt crackle anymore, just the voices.

Zafir

Well, it doesn't matter how glowing the reviews are if it doesn't sell well... They'll need to see the sales figures before they start kicking themselves.

RPGCrazied said:
I bet Nintendo of America is kicking themselves after all these stellar reviews this game is getting.

They'll only kick themselves if there are stellar sales to back up the stellar reviews..

They have decidedly lost my money on this one.. NoE wins..

RPGCrazied

Zafir said:
I managed to get the controller working. Also the music doesnt crackle anymore, just the voices.

The voice crackles for you? I have onboard sound, so that is probably my issue. Oh well, I'll play it on the Wii I guess. Maybe later on I'll get a good sound card and try again.

RPGCrazied said:
The voice crackles for you? I have onboard sound, so that is probably my issue. Oh well, I'll play it on the Wii I guess. Maybe later on I'll get a good sound card and try again.

Using LLE clears up a lot of the sound issues..

Alrus

Robobandit said:
They'll only kick themselves if there are stellar sales to back up the stellar reviews..

They have decidedly lost my money on this one.. NoE wins..

I'm confident the sales will be good. Obviously won't be anything stellar though.

Top Bottom