• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

I honestly don't remember, lol. I'll try both and see what happens. But then I have to get my PS2 controller to work with the game. It works with others though.

I have to re download dolphin and try it with the EU copy, no longer have the Japanese Import.

Found a Youtube video showing it running flawless

Dolphin SVN r6900
--------------------------

HLE sound plugin Xaudio2 options enabled :
- HLE Audio
- DTK Music
- Audio Throttle
- 48,000 Hz

Direct3D11 plugin options enabled :
- Load Native Mipmaps
- EFB Scaled Copy
- Copy EFB (texture)
- Accurate Texture Cache (Fast)

Hope my i5 750 @ 3.6ghz + 4890 is enough to run it like that.

RPGCrazied

I normally run pretty good too on games.

I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T(6 cores at 3.2)
6gigs of DDR3 1333mhz
5770 1gig HD Radeon

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If I can run it perfectly in Dolphin then I'll play it on there for sure. My poor CPU probably can't handle it though, and I'm not waiting until my Ivy Bridge upgrade next year to play this.

LProtag

Picked and packed... and money taken out of my bank account, haha. Or at least, in processing. No conversion fees that I can see though!

RPGCrazied

Zavvi didn't charge for conversion or anything either. Was only like $48. Haha, cheaper than buying it if it came out here in the states.

RPGCrazied

DownLikeBCPowder said:
I just got another e-Mail claiming it was "despatched". Hm. Keeping an eye on it - I'm ready.

Too bad we don't get tracking numbers. :( We have no clue where it is, or when to expect it! Watching the door like a hawk now.

RPGCrazied said:
Too bad we don't get tracking numbers. :( We have no clue where it is, or when to expect it! Watching the door like a hawk now.

Yeah really, I realize looking at it as "order history" that it's over for them. Time for me to just wait and be hopeful...

RPGCrazied said:

GuEol.jpg

Zafir

The sound is fine, until the FPS drops, and thats when the problem starts, that's the reason why that video is fine, it stays constantly at 30fps. Can't use LLE or whatever because I haven't bothered to rip what it needed from my console.

Doesn't matter eitherway, I can't play it that well anyway thanks to my CPU. 2.66GHZ quad core.

LProtag

RPGCrazied said:
Zavvi didn't charge for conversion or anything either. Was only like $48. Haha, cheaper than buying it if it came out here in the states.

It's your bank/credit card company that would charge for conversion, not the retailer.

RPGCrazied

InsertNameHere said:
It's your bank/credit card company that would charge for conversion, not the retailer.

I meant, I didn't see one on the bank statement. Just the one charge. Unless they put another charge later, I have no idea.

Zafir

FreeMufasa said:
So what do you guys think would be considered a good chart debut for Xenoblade? top 10? top 20?
I'd love to see it kick Zumba bloody fitness out of the top spot in the UK. Fat chance of that though! Bah!

FreeMufasa said:
So what do you guys think would be considered a good chart debut for Xenoblade? top 10? top 20?
In the UK? I think good would be a Top 10 debut considering the time of the year and everything.
I don't think that's very likely, though.

jesusraz said:
Our reviews editor said mine should be posted later today :)
But you spoiled the ending already! :p

RPGCrazied said:
What site are you from?
http://www.cubed3.com/

weeaboo

slaughterking said:
Eurogamer will publish their review tomorrow morning.

Nice, looking forward to it.

This whole thing is very interesting because west reviewers tend to hate even the good JRPGs this gen (yes, there are good ones) and looks like eveyone is in love with Xenoblade.

jesusraz

slaughterking said:
In the UK? I think good would be a Top 10 debut considering the time of the year and everything.

But you spoiled the ending already! :p

http://www.cubed3.com/
The game has been climbing up the Amazon UK chart each day since early last week, so it may well break the Wii Top 5.

Review's incoming quicker than expected...but I'm going offline as my wife's not seen me for quite some time, haha ^_^ I'm sure someone will oblige with the link when it's up in around 10 or so minutes :)

M_Night said:
Its a standard clone. Reading reviews of these on the Internet (I've had no first hand experiance) it seems, plastic parts are identical to official so looks same on outside. Inside is where its different. Circuit baord isn't put together as well and quality control is far worse. Generally they suffer from stiff buttons and a tendancy to suddenly stop working for no real reason. Also they tend not to work with homebrew for some reason.

wrowa

slaughterking said:
I have the feeling that the UK sales will be the worst. At least if you don't take imports into consideration (and I don't think that the online stores are reporting their numbers?). It makes the impression that mainland Europe is more inclined to buy Japanese games.

Vamphuntr

Well Game.co.uk just shipped mine (I'm in Canada). The tracking number is currently not working but I guess it should be updated tonight. Really glad they've shipped it before the release date. So it seems you guys living in Europe might be able to find an early copy in stores.

Go_Ly_Dow

Thanks for all the replies.

I will probably only ever use the controller for Xenoblade so I will take the plunge with it.

Really cant afford to spend any more money!

wrowa

M_Night said:

I will probably only ever use the controller for Xenoblade so I will take the plunge with it.

The CCPro is just £3,50 more expensive at Amazon, I really don't understand why you would cheap out at the controller. Having a good controller is so fundamental to the enjoyment of a game imo, don't save at the wrong end.

Reveirg

Vamphuntr said:
Well Game.co.uk just shipped mine (I'm in Canada). The tracking number is currently not working but I guess it should be updated tonight. Really glad they've shipped it before the release date. So it seems you guys living in Europe might be able to find an early copy in stores.

Good to know, I'm in Quebec and still waiting for game.co.uk to ship mine. Is yours the CE??

It's becoming clearer and clearer with all the reviews that this game shines in pretty much every department.

However, the story doesn't get a lot of talk... I'm a genre fan and enjoyed many of the current-gen JRPGs despite the hate they more-or-less deservedly get. However, for most of them, the story bored me to death...

How is the story for Xenoblade, really? I've heard comments such as "not as bloated as Xenosaga, but nice" but nothing really concrete...

Vamphuntr

Reveirg said:
Good to know, I'm in Quebec and still waiting for game.co.uk to ship mine. Is yours the CE??

It's becoming clearer and clearer with all the reviews that this game shines in pretty much every department.

Yeah the one with the red CC. I'm in QC too ;) . I preordered it as soon at it was avaible (30/6/2010). What's your order tracking saying? I first got an email saying they were packing it. Went to my order status page and it's marked as shipped.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
M_Night said:

If you're looking to save then don't buy any controller at all dude, it's not like having a d-pad instead of a second stick for the camera will ruin the gameplay. Monster Hunter is an action game designed around the PlayStation setup to begin with yet the remote + nunchuck setup works absolutely fine (actually, it works brilliantly, but that includes the gestures that Xenoblade probably doesn't have as it doesn't need them). It's not shoehorning fps functions on a d-pad or something to feel you really need a classic pad for it.

There are few Wii games (outside VC) I'd recommend a Classic Controller for and most if not all of them are conventional beat 'em ups. Xenoblade will work fine regardless.

MicH

I'm jealous. My CE from GAME still hasn't shipped :( Still getting picked and packed. I don't live in Canada though, but in Europe, so perhaps they ship the NA orders first?

wrowa said:
I have the feeling that the UK sales will be the worst. At least if you don't take imports into consideration (and I don't think that the online stores are reporting their numbers?). It makes the impression that mainland Europe is more inclined to buy Japanese games.
They do actually.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/retail/index.jsp

And now that I think about it that could actually make a difference. Will be interesting to see.

M_Night said:

I would think twice about that. You want to play a (potentially) +100 hours RPG with it after all. And we are not talking about a big investment here. Three more bucks for reliable equipment is not so bad. :p

MicH said:
I'm jealous. My CE from GAME still hasn't shipped :( Still getting picked and packed. I don't live in Canada though, but in Europe, so perhaps they ship the NA orders first?

I'm in the US and mine is at the same status as yours..

I'm not in a big hurry as this will be waiting until after I finish Deus Ex 3.. but it would be nice to have it this week or early next.

Robobandit said:
Hoping that my GAME order will ship by the end of the day.. my order status still says "was picked and is being packed"..

It's 7pm in the UK right now, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow unfortunately.

Kickass, my order from Zavvi has been dispatched! They're already doing a lot better than they did with my Shadow's Tale order, that one took them around 2 weeks after the release date before they even shipped it.

weeaboo

Reveirg said:

However, the story doesn't get a lot of talk... I'm a genre fan and enjoyed many of the current-gen JRPGs despite the hate they more-or-less deservedly get. However, for most of them, the story bored me to death...

How is the story for Xenoblade, really? I've heard comments such as "not as bloated as Xenosaga, but nice" but nothing really concrete...

Epic jRPG journey. Maybe generic but still good and enjoyable. From what i heard the game really shines in the characters who are really likeable and nothing cliche

RPGCrazied

It's pretty awesome reviewers citing this is the best jRPG this gen. I can't wait for this. The last jRPG that I thought was awesome of the awesomest was Tales of Vesperia.

Top Bottom