• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

Ledsen said:
Dude, do you seriously not have anything better to do than wait for this game? I understand that you're probably very young, but try to contain yourself. Do something Else with your time, hang out with family and friends, spend time in anothe hobby, anything but keep obsessing over xenoblade. It's just à game.

Then sell me your copy.

Varion

bubnbob said:
lol, I see the spoilers are flying. Glad I beat it already.
Thread was doing so well up until a few days ago, then suddenly bam they're everywhere. Sucks.

InsertNameHere said:
So all these timed quests really just mean after a point in the game I can't do them anymore? Will it be obvious?
For most of them reasonably obvious. You're asked if you're sure you want to proceed to the next area (which will be when you're fighting monsters around level
60 or so
, so when you get that you'll want to take care of all the timed ones. There are some that expire before then, though none of them as far as I remember are in towns, they're in fields and dungeons, so try and take care of timed quests in fields and dungeons as soon as possible. Towns, take that question as your final warning.

Codeblue

RPGCrazied said:
Nice. Labor Day weekend ruined confirmed.

You could spend it with family and friends you care about, especially those that are usually super busy.

Edit: you need an intervention not a game.

MicH

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! @ M. Forest:
I just accidently got a LVL 97 TYRANNOSAURUS REX on my tail and I could NOT escape that thing. It was GIGANTIC and I only got rid of it when I entered some water. Hot damn that was scary

Also that forest is INCREDIBLE. And the town nearby is, too. Cutesy stuff.

wsippel

Banned
MicH said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! @ M. Forest:
I just accidently got a LVL 97 TYRANNOSAURUS X on my tail and I could NOW escape that thing. It was GIGANTIC and I only got rid of it when I entered some water. Hot damn that was scary
One of those things got me once while I was wandering around aimlessly, enjoying the scenery. I came back a few hours later to beat the whole bunch to a bloody pulp. Was quite satisfying. :D

McNum

wsippel said:
Nice theory. Wrong, but nice.
Yay! I'm wrong! Good, I was worried the game was getting predictable.

Story related spoilers for enemy levels 45-50,
I'm now finally rid of Mumkhar. When the boy who you KNOW can see the future and just said he doesn't want you dead yells "STOP!", you stop! Or you get impaled by a giant spike and fall into an abyss and explode. Mumkhar chose... poorly. There was much rejoicing. (Especially since I've never won the first try against him in any of his boss fights.)

Next up: Fiora falls to her death. Re-death. Whatever. Shulk has a bad vision about her mech falling into the abyss. (LOOPHOLE: Her MECH, not her.)

I also took (semi-early character spoiler)
Melia
out for a spin at the controls today. She's fun.
Finally got Starlight Kick with her, I knew it was going to be awesome, but I did not expect it to be a sliding soccer tackle. Very nice, if slightly odd for someone like her.
I got a fun trio of attacks for a Chain now if
Melia is party leader. Spear Break, Chain Attack(Starlight Kick, Shaker Edge, Head Shot). Instant Topple to Daze to chance of instant death. I need to see if Starlight Kick can topple in a chain without Spear Break first, though.

Is it excessive to keep on spoiler tagging that party member, by the way?

Dascu

Revisited all the older locations and picked up two pages of new quests. End-game is gonna be fun!

Also:
Did I blindly miss it, or did a large new area of Tephra Cave suddenly open up?

And some help on finding an NPC:
Vidian post-Alcamoth. I read she's supposed to be at the Ether Plant in Eryth Sea, but I can't find her. Day/night, on the platforms or on the island.

Haha, I just found out that you don't actually lose the affinity coins you use for linked skills... That could have been useful earlier.

MicH

Okay, I have a question influenced by AndyMoogle. I know you get Affinity Coins in various ways, but what are they? How do you use them? How can you see how many you have?

Thanks!

MicH said:
Okay, I have a question influenced by AndyMoogle. I know you get Affinity Coins in various ways, but what are they? How do you use them? How can you see how many you have?

Thanks!
About 8-10 hours in you can use them to link skills between your characters.

You press - on the skill tree screen to link skills.

You can see how many you have in the lower left corner on the skill screen.

bubnbob

Banned
MicH said:

Thanks!

- They let you "borrow" skills from your team mates

- Go to the Skills menu (where you normally upgrade Arts), then press 1 (on wiimote)

- The rest is self explanatory

Varion

Dascu said:
Revisited all the older locations and picked up two pages of new quests. End-game is gonna be fun!

Also:

Vidian post-Alcamoth. I read she's supposed to be at the Ether Plant in Eryth Sea, but I can't find her. Day/night, on the platforms or on the island.
Obviously end game spoilers don't highlight anyone not there (though I've tried to keep them to an absolute minimum):
1. No you didn't, it just opened up after plot events.
2. You need to do some other quests before she appears. You accept a quest to kill 5 enemies from a Nopon in Frontier Village (on the bridge by Nopon Tower if I remember rightly), then when you've done that you'll get a surprise quest, then deal with that line of quests. Then she'll be at Ether Plant (you'll know why when you see the quests)

Dascu

MicH said:

Thanks!
Levelling up and beating unique monsters. So, you can actually miss out on a few Affinity Coins by not beating uniques in temporary areas (there's a few).

Thanks for the info Varion.

Dascu said:

Also:

1st one : Yup
When the Bionis moved, the hidden sections opened up

2nd one :
She's trapped somewhere, you need to rescue her first via a multi-part quest

Zwei

JumpingTheGun said:
Best JRPG Ive played since Chrono Cross back in 2000 confirmed.

No_Cash_No_Credit_Investing.jpg

mugwhump

AndyMoogle said:
I've started avoiding quests that give me exp because I am 3-4 levels higher than I wish I was. I'm further into the game than you, and it hasn't balanced itself out at all.
You guys should just try the xp reduction code I posted last page. I'll put together a dl of the files for it tonight.

mugwhump said:
You guys should just try the xp reduction code I posted last page. I'll put together a dl of the files for it tonight.
I tried it with cfg USB loader, but I only got a black screen when I started the game.

Oxx

My most recent excursion to sidequest-land wasn't particularly fun, so back to the main quest.

Scouring the landscape for quest rewards does highlight how much of the world I missed when I was just following the story action. I've managed to gain more XP by finding new landmarks and locations than I have completing quests.

Finished the amazing Catherine today. Finally I can dedicate all my free time to Xenoblade. Seriously, this game single handedly vindicated my Wii purchase.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
The more I play this game I have to say it is easily in the top 5 RPGs I have ever played. I can definitely see this entering my yearly replay list!

Hiltz

I'm over 42 hours in at level 41 and have a few question.I just got
Rikki to join the party. I've become used to playing as Sharla with Shulk and Dunban on my team. However, it would be nice to change things up a bit. I plan on taking control of Melia (based on how powerful she apparently is) but who else would you suggest should be join on the team with her?

McNum

Sadist said:
OMG

The story gave me a lol whut experience
Yeah, it does that. Go ahead and try to predict it, it makes it more fun when it proves you wrong.

Also, it just hit me that Shulk might be a hypocrite in that last part I played. (Enemy level 45-55 story spoiler)
"We can't kill Mumkhar, he's another Homs!" Okay, fair enough, lets rewind 20 hours or so, then. To when Shulk's standing on a pile of dead High Entia hitwomen. That Shulk killed. I'm thinking Shulk should be very happy that Melia didn't think this far, or he might have been in trouble. Oh, wait. She wasn't there. Good for Shulk. Dunban could have celled him on it, though.

Edit: (Gameplay spoilers for where I am.)
By the way, is the game kidding? "You must defeat this Mechon to activate a lift. It is surrounded by so many Mechon that the Wii will lag when you try to fight it. They're all aggro linked. So have fun with that." I'm taking there's a trick to it?

I actually the voice acting is pretty great. So far, everyone's voice fits pretty well. I really can not see why NoA would have a problem with this localization.

Anyway, is it only three in an active party?

AndyMoogle said:
I tried it with cfg USB loader, but I only got a black screen when I started the game.

I had this issue too at first, I fixed it by updating to version 70 of Configurable USB loader (was previously running version 69) and then when you turn on ocarina make sure the hook type is set to VBI.

RPGCrazied

Kagari said:
Next time I would definitely pay for faster shipping. Trust me, it's worth it.

Yeah. The red flag should have went up when I saw free shipping. My bad. If I have to import Last Story, which I'm hoping comes to America so I don't have to, will be somewhere else. Seems like either GAME or 365 games is the best. Well from people getting Xenoblade in this thread anyways.

Hiltz

I have read that
Dunban is at his best without any armor so his agility increases. However, does he actually have to learn the labeled skill tree move first before being able to take take advantage of this ability?

desu

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. The red flag should have went up when I saw free shipping. My bad. If I have to import Last Story, which I'm hoping comes to America so I don't have to, will be somewhere else. Seems like either GAME or 365 games is the best. Well from people getting Xenoblade in this thread anyways.

Can you please get one day signed shipping? We dont need you again with trashing the thread all day with your uncontrolled whining.

Top Bottom