• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Let me in

MicH said:
Sooo many quests in Colony 9 I'm having trouble with.
Lake Mag-something I need to beat. Can't find it :(
I know this one off the top of my head.
You need to go underneath that park area that you can get to with stairs (can't remember the name but it's right outside the colony entrance). You'll have to jump in the water and go around to get there, and I think the monster appears at night.

Out_Of_Ammo said:
You have to register your game on the club nintendo website with the code you get with your game. Then you can find the OST sample in the "treasures" section on club nintendo, ready to download ;)

Thanks, but this is true just for UK or for all other countries?

Noooooooo I was fighting the ultimate boss of the game, at first just to see if now that I gemmed and linked myself accordingly, and seeing I was actually hitting, the fight went on.

He was down to maybe 1/3 of his life, Vision when he prepares an AoE Burn...all my arts are in cooldown and can't do shit, everyone died in the attack.
And to say I just had a really long chain attack, for up to 191000 damage...

Funny thing is, I actually lasted longuer and did a lot more damage to that ultimate boss, than I did on the other ones...LV105 is owning me, LV108 I could do some damage but he still owned me in less than 2 minutes, LV114 owned me too. But of course it's only on LV120 guy that I was actually at my best =D

Damn now I'm worn out from that fight, I'll put down the controller for an hour.

MicH

Question: I have: How do I get to the highest point in Makna Forest? I have a quest that needs to be fulfilled up there, and I can see the exclamation point up there (lol), but I have no idea how to get up there? Anyone know what I'm talking abut and can help me?

thomaser

Peru said:
In that case the GAME employees didn't tell me the truth.

Perhaps they have a central storehouse to get things from? I don't think they or Gamestop order from Bergsala at all, but directly from Nintendo.

If a distributor sells out of a game and orders more from NOE, it takes ten weeks before they get them. At least with DS games. It's probably a little quicker with disc-based games.

windfish

Reveirg said:
Where's Ruthan???

Finding people in
Alcamoth
is really driving me crazy =/

he appears in the evening/night from 6pm till sometime in the morning, he is walking near the "bridge" on the left side, not far from the entrance.. you should see him with no problems by just walking left towards the landmark in the west

Turns out to complete the collectopedia
the only material valuable enough to trade for the last others item (when stacking with all the bonus you can) drops off the 5 superbosses. Now only problem is the bosses won't drop that material the whole time. Anyway, the drop rates are; Final Marcus (L101) has a 15% chance of dropping it, the Level 120 one a 55%, L114 43%, L108 31% and L105 25%.

Dascu said:
Question about a late-game quest:
How do I enter La Luz Church in Valak Mountain?
You need the
High Entia Emblem (this also opens other doors locked by the High Entia crest; see later)
you get it by
a quest Scarlen gives you. He is found near Oath Sanctuary in the Satori Marsh.

Other things you can do with that:
Two doors in the Royal Tomb, one door in satori marsh, another place in Valak Mountain and two doors in Eryth Sea
if you need a few more pointers then the misc sheet on this spreadsheet

Finalow

Sadist said:
Okay, somebody help me out:

Only for people who reached the end.

I'm fighting the Kallian/Minister Chick Tellethia and I can't beat it. She pushes me in the water and I can't destroy the elemental defense surrounding her. What to do?
i'm in the same situation, i can't beat her. I'm at level 70.
and who's the best between
melia and fiora?

Dascu

Starwolf_UK said:
You need the
High Entia Emblem (this also opens other doors locked by the High Entia crest; see later)
you get it by
a quest Scarlen gives you. He is found near Oath Sanctuary in the Satori Marsh.

Other things you can do with that:
Two doors in the Royal Tomb, one door in satori marsh, another place in Valak Mountain and two doors in Eryth Sea
if you need a few more pointers then the misc sheet on this spreadsheet
Ah, I was doing that quest, but the boss is too difficult for me right now.

Finalow

wsippel said:
Yes. He's the most powerful of the Elite Five. I only managed to beat the first one (Final Marcus at Three Sage Summit, Valak Mountain: level 100).

The other four are:
- Ancient Daedala at Wreckage Beach, Fallen Arm: level 104
- Despotic Arsene at Glowing Obelisk, Satorl March: level 108
- Blizzard Belgazas at Great Glacier, Valak Mountain: level 114
- Avalanche Abaasy at Three Sage Summit, Valak Mountain: level 120
i would like to see them, but i'm not going to max all at level 99.
do you know where can i find some videos? On you tube i'm not finding anything.

wsippel

Banned
Dascu said:
Question about a late-game quest:
How do I enter La Luz Church in Valak Mountain?
Go to Saren or whatever he's called south of the High Entia ruins in Satorl Marsh. Do the quest he gives you. This will allow you to enter all sealed High Entia installations.

Sadist said:
What a horrible, horrible battle. I can´t seem to win :(

Thinking of restarting lol
Did it with Shulk/ Dunban/ Fiora (Speed), but it would have been a lot easier with Melia instead of Fiora. Make sure you kill the small enemies surrounding her, as they serve as a shield. Monado Cyclone and Melia's flare AoE spell really help in this fight.

Apenheul

I couldn't play much this weekend, but today I managed to explore the snow area. I must admit that I didn't particularly enjoy this part, IMO it's way too large and not very detailed. I think I'm going to do some sidequests before I continue.

Is there any way to easily spot fallen team members? Usually I can't revive them because there's too much shit going on to find them.

McNum

Look for the empty blue health bar? Other than that, I don't know. Had the same problem against a boss yesterday.

sublimit

Banned
McNum said:
Simple enough: You can't fight while swimming.

Really?I thought i could do it before when i was in Colony 9's waters but maybe i was wrong.
Here's what happened:i was at a lake in Bionis leg,i targeted a piranha,Reyn goes in the lake and fights it himself while i couldn't enter it and all my arts were unavailable...

schennmu said:
Is there any way to easily spot fallen team members? Usually I can't revive them because there's too much shit going on to find them.

Heh, I usually just run around the boss frantically mashing the B button. This method has served me well so far.

finalozzo said:
i would like to see them, but i'm not going to max all at level 99.
do you know where can i find some videos? On you tube i'm not finding anything.
Kouli put up some videos of the Elite Four (Marcus is a pussy so I'm not counting him as Elite), you can watch them on his youtube account:

LV120 http://www.youtube.com/SnKouli#p/u/0/oIc7BKH0y6I
LV114 http://www.youtube.com/SnKouli#p/u/1/bpeGi6dtj8Q
LV108 http://www.youtube.com/SnKouli#p/u/2/DXBmnOK26nQ
LV105 http://www.youtube.com/SnKouli#p/u/3/8gIbIrrdXNw

On my side, I'll retry LV120 tonight after some tweaking, because it's the first time tonight I was even close to beat him and my defeat is hard to swallow.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
sublimit said:
Can anyone guess why all of a sudden i can't attack with Shulk when i'm in the water?

Deep water swimming = no fighting.
Shallow water (where the water comes up to about mid-torso when standing/running) = ok to fight.

Oxx

After 20+ hours and after picking-up every single drop I came into contact with, I just saw my first 'Your Inventory is Full' message.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Well, 60 hours in, level 50-something and I still think this game is a true marterpiece. Every time I sweep a zone, do all the sidequests, clear the map, etc, I get this nervous feeling of "what will the next zone be like? what wonders await me?" Seriosly, this is the kind of magic I believed lost in jRPGs.

I am currently about to enter G
alahad Fortress
. Could someone give me an spoiler-free estimate (a percentage would be nice) of how far I am into the story? I plan to do all the side-quests I can find and kill uniques etc. Since I am 60 hours in I have the feeling the game is not far from ending, but I don't know what to expect anymore from Xenoblade :p

The soundtrack to this game is so refreshing, even after hours in the same spot I'm still whistling along to the songs, they never seem to get old yet they are very memorable. I generally prefer the night time versions of the song, it's a shame Nintendo didn't include them in the OST sample they gave us.

Phenomic

Dr. Ecco said:
Well, 60 hours in, level 50-something and I still think this game is a true marterpiece. Every time I sweep a zone, do all the sidequests, clear the map, etc, I get this nervous feeling of "what will the next zone be like? what wonders await me?" Seriosly, this is the kind of magic I believed lost in jRPGs.

I am currently about to enter G
alahad Fortress
. Could someone give me an spoiler-free estimate (a percentage would be nice) of how far I am into the story? I plan to do all the side-quests I can find and kill uniques etc. Since I am 60 hours in I have the feeling the game is not far from ending, but I don't know what to expect anymore from Xenoblade :p

I was around the same place only a little farther ahead. Someone last night said I had around 30% left in the plot. So I would say probably 65% for your current location based on that number.

mugwhump

Xenoblade hard mode files, all in one convenient download!

Includes Gecko OS, so all you need is the homebrew channel (or a USB loader). By default, reduces XP obtained by 30%, though it explains how to modify this value.

DIRECTIONS:
1) Put contents of 'SD Root' on root of SD card. derp
2) Launch Gecko OS via the homebrew channel.
3) Set Gecko to use cheat codes, then launch the game.

To use it with configurable usb loader, just put the codes in the same place, go to game options and set Ocarina codes to 'On'. If it doesn't work, update your USB loader.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Phenomic said:
I was around the same place only a little farther ahead. Someone last night said I had around 30% left in the plot. So I would say probably 65% for your current location based on that number.

Thank you kind sir. So, it truly IS a 100-hour game. It will be the first in this gen for me.

Oxx

20-hour-ish spoilers:

Forest
area is so good. Did anybody else just jump
straight off the bridge and see what happened where the river ended?

So much fun to explore. I must have gained 2 or 3 levels just seeking out 'hidden' areas.

Hiltz

Sadist said:

Oh btw, the last quest for now on Colony 9.

I need a Small Scale, where can I find one?

You can find that item by killing the piranha fish enemies on the beach near Anti-Air Battery 1.

Oxx said:
20-hour-ish spoilers:

Forest
area is so good. Did anybody else just jump
straight off the bridge and see what happened where the river ended?

So much fun to explore. I must have gained 2 or 3 levels just seeking out 'hidden' areas.

I got there before realising that getting all the locations and landmarks in an area filled out the map completely, and swam all the way around the perimeter of the waterfall.

Phenomic

Looking for a specific monster in an area about midway through the game.

Entma Kings for their shells on Valak Mountain. Anyone know where these things are? It's for Reyn's 4th skill tree and I don't feel like walking around the whole place looking for them ... lol

Chaos

Anyone know how the heart to hearts work ?
Only seen the first one and every other one I don't meet the requirements.

Chaos said:
Anyone know how the heart to hearts work ?
Only seen the first one and every other one I don't meet the requirements.

You don't have the characters necessary for most of the heart to hearts. If you have the characters, it'll show you what affinity level they need to be at to see it unless you already meet the requirements. You'll have to wait a while.

Top Bottom