• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

MicH

RPGCrazied said:
It's pretty awesome reviewers citing this is the best jRPG this gen. I can't wait for this. The last jRPG that I thought was awesome of the awesomest was Tales of Vesperia.
I still have yet to beat this. Beat part 2 and stopped afterwards. Damn. I really should get back to this. Such an amazing game!

Reveirg

weeaboo said:
Epic jRPG journey. Maybe generic but still good and enjoyable. From what i heard the game really shines in the characters who are really likeable and nothing cliche
Sounds good. Although that's what people said about Tales of Vesperia, which story was somewhat of a mess IMO.

Vamphuntr said:
Yeah the one with the red CC. I'm in QC too ;) . I preordered it as soon at it was avaible (30/6/2010). What's your order tracking saying? I first got an email saying they were packing it. Went to my order status page and it's marked as shipped.
I preordered it 1 or 2 weeks later I think. Latest info on my tracking says:
15/08/2011 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

Just out of curiosity, in which town do you live?

EDIT:
RPGCrazied said:
It's pretty awesome reviewers citing this is the best jRPG this gen. I can't wait for this. The last jRPG that I thought was awesome of the awesomest was Tales of Vesperia.
I just noticed you mentionning the game too... Although I didn't like the story, I did really like the overall gameplay, battle system and presentation. Great and very addictive RPG.

Tales of Vesperia is the benchmark for JRPG's this generation for me.

Can't wait for Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Tales of Graces F next year.

CruxisMana said:
It's 7pm in the UK right now, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow unfortunately.

Yeah, I figured it was too late for today.

Unless they just didn't update the status to shipped..

Either way, can't wait.

nincompoop said:
Kickass, my order from Zavvi has been dispatched! They're already doing a lot better than they did with my Shadow's Tale order, that one took them around 2 weeks after the release date before they even shipped it.
Huh, that's strange cos I got that delivered on the day of release even though I was expecting it to be late due to it being a niche game (from my experience, The Hut group are a little slow at delivering niche / hard core games).

My copy from Asda has also been despatched!! So where do you guys think this'll rank for next Monday's UK chart? With the combined power of NA sales + UK sales, plus it being an RPG for the Wii, I still think it'll do poorly so I'll guess it'll hit the 30s in the Monday chart.

weeaboo

Reveirg said:
Sounds good. Although that's what people said about Tales of Vesperia, which story was somewhat of a mess IMO.

My thoughts exactly but MonolithSoft are the creators of Xenogears and the Xenosagas, they're in another level of storytelling so... get hype! :D!

Reveirg

Robobandit said:
Yeah, I figured it was too late for today.

Unless they just didn't update the status to shipped..

Either way, can't wait.

I have no experience with UK stores but Amazon often mark items as shipped as late as 9-10pm in the evening...

MYE

from the IGN review

Graphics

This is the best that the Wii can do, but it's not really up to modern standards. The artistic direction makes up for a lack of technical grunt.

lol fucking shit gamesite

Majmun

JRPG of the generation? Don't think that's a tough battle.

I'm so glad this game is somewhat like FFXII, judging by the gameplay. FFXII is a god-tier RPG.

But the exploration aspect in Xenoblade seems to be superior. Can't wait.

RPGCrazied said:
Wonder if my order made it to the plane today. :) How long in the day does EU delivery service work?
It's still in the warehouse in a post bag waiting to be dispatched to the post office tomorrow - along with everyone else's. It's common practice to charge and confirm, then actually send the next day here in the UK.

Codeblue

I actually preferred the Wiimote for MH3 because I felt it was easier to control the camera with the d-pad since you didn't have to take your thumb off the attack button to use it, unlike dual analog. If thr controls are more complicated I'll probably use a CCPro. The split controller design is more comfortable anyway.

ASDA shipped my order and they have a 2-3 day estimate for delivery, which is probably how fast I would get it if I lived in Europe. I can't believe I'm finally gonna play this.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Zavvi said:
Dear A Human Becoming,

Your order from zavvi has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!

Hells yeah!
3AQmK.gif

Zavii said:
Estimated Delivery Time 10-15 days*

* Most items arrive within the estimated delivery time. If you have not received your item in this time, don't worry as delays do occasionally occur. We ask you to wait 10 working days for UK deliveries and 20 working days for overseas deliveries before you contact us to let us know you have not received your item.

Hells no. :(

RPGCrazied

Corleth the Fey said:
It's still in the warehouse in a post bag waiting to be dispatched to the post office tomorrow - along with everyone else's. It's common practice to charge and confirm, then actually send the next day here in the UK.

Aww, but my order says shipped. Why would it say shipped if it was still in their warehouse? It should say picked & packed if it still was, shouldn't it?

Nix

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Aww, but my order says shipped. Why would it say shipped if it was still in their warehouse? It should say picked & packed if it still was, shouldn't it?

Mine still hasn't shipped =(. Why Zavvi WHY!?

Strife91

Thehut sucks. They haven't dispatched my game yet. I live in Sweden so it shouldn't arrive too early even if they dispatch it now.

RPGCrazied said:

It can still be classed as dispatched even if that just means it's sitting in a delivery pile due out the next day.

At that point it's still classed as being en-route.

MicH

I looked at my past orders from GAME UK and noticed that every single order took exactly 5 days to get to me (Denmark). If my copy ships tomorrow it won't be here until Monday. And I'm not even home Monday :( Probably not until Thursday as I'm visiting my parents in the other end of the country. At least that'll keep me busy.

Hopefully Game will surprise me anyway, even though it seems unlikely :D

RPGCrazied

schennmu said:
Zavvi usually takes 2-3 weeks even within Europe, so please be patient US people.

Yeah, but I'm hearing they have problems with EU orders, but not international orders. Weird I know. But someone in this thread from here bought from them and living in the US. It took like 5-6days.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Reveirg said:
However, the story doesn't get a lot of talk... I'm a genre fan and enjoyed many of the current-gen JRPGs despite the hate they more-or-less deservedly get. However, for most of them, the story bored me to death...

How is the story for Xenoblade, really? I've heard comments such as "not as bloated as Xenosaga, but nice" but nothing really concrete...

It's a pretty enjoyable story although nothing mind-blowing. In some ways it's a simple shonen-esque affair, and in some ways it is very deep. The history of the world, the setting, and of course the characters are what really carry the game story-wise.

Zornica

Banned
has anyone ever noticed that shulk and fiora/fiorung look completely different from what they looked in that 09 E3 video? just take a look...
maybe i am just imagening this, but the face textures look superior than what we got in the final game.
also the faces of dunban and dickson look better on this screenshot from the cubed3 review - maybe from an early built too?
monadowii6.jpg

Codeblue

nincompoop said:
Wow. Why exactly isn't IGN a banned site?

I think a mod answered this once a while ago by explaining that IGN hosts a ton of media on their site that gets used really often, so it would just be a pain to work around. It's easier to deal with their stupid lists than to totally eliminate that source of screenshots and stuff.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, but I'm hearing they have problems with EU orders, but not international orders. Weird I know. But someone in this thread from here bought from them and living in the US. It took like 5-6days.
Look son - for you're own good stop trying to convince yourself that it's going to drop through the letterbox tomorrow. It's not. Expect the wagon train to roll it into Texas at the end of next week.

kiryogi

Banned
Whelp. TheHut dispatched my order! Says 10-15 days. No big rush though considering I played it a year ago. Will still be watching thread for more impressions though.

I feel kinda bad knowing I could get the game as early as 2 days time and I'm not even a fraction as hyped as some of you guys who're going to have to wait almost three weeks lol

Ah well, supporting those localizations eh guys

Zornica said:
has anyone ever noticed that shulk and fiora/fiorung look completely different from what they looked in that 09 E3 video? just take a look...
maybe i am just imagening this, but the face textures look superior than what we got in the final game.
also the faces of dunban and dickson look better on this screenshot from the cubed3 review - maybe from an early built too?
monadowii6.jpg

You're not imagining it, Shulk's face looks amazing in that trailer. Damn.

vitacola

weeaboo said:
Can someone confirm if the game is Multi5 or not?
Should be Multi5 because the PEGI and the USK logo is on the cover of the Special Edition (the one with the CC Pro). Almost every PAL Wii game is Multi5, especially if it's from Nintendo ;)

Firebrand

MYE said:
from the IGN review

lol fucking shit gamesite
Buh? It's the "best the Wii can do", but that's not enough? How do they even review handheld games then? Unless there's an issue with frame rate, that they're pushing more detail than the system can handle, but I don't see any mention of that in the review text.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Zornica said:
monadowii6.jpg
They made them less detailed but more expressive:
2mi57w6.jpg

RPGCrazied

So. Anyone that has played much of the import, is there a lot of pop-ins textures? I noticed some while playing the Japanese Import, though I didn't get far, not even to the big open field, just the first town area.
-

The left Shulk looks miles better.

jj984jj

RPGCrazied said:
So. Anyone that has played much of the import, is there a lot of pop-ins textures? I noticed some while playing the Japanese Import, though I didn't get far, not even to the big open field, just the first town area.
It's always been there, they seem to have tried to work around it in cut-scenes but they weren't successful in removing it.

The left Shulk looks miles better.
But his mouth actually moves during the scene now, like he's actually being possessed/getting a vision.

RPGCrazied

jj984jj said:
It's always been there, they seem to have tried to work around it in cut-scenes but they weren't successful in removing it.

But his mouth actually moves during the scene now, like he's actually being possessed/getting a vision.

I didn't notice it in cutscenes, just trees & foliage/objects.

weeaboo

vitacola said:
Should be Multi5 because the PEGI and the USK logo is on the cover of the Special Edition (the one with the CC Pro). Almost every PAL Wii game is Multi5, especially if it's from Nintendo ;)

Nice, thanks.

jj984jj

RPGCrazied said:
I didn't notice it in cutscenes, just trees & foliage.
Yeah because they tried to cover it up, because even in the scene I'm talking about if you compare it to the scene in the E3 trailer you can see how they changed it so you don't really see the pop-in of Shulk's shadow.

RPGCrazied

After watching the lets play video on the bionic leg, I couldn't see very much, so I guess its more of a less annoyance then I saw.

Zornica

Banned
jj984jj said:
They made them less detailed but more expressive
that may was there intention, but i am not sure they succeeded.
just compare the screenshot from cubed3 (early built) with one i made 5 minutes ago using dolphin (no enhancements)

early version
monadowii6.jpg

final version
SX4J017.png

i just wonder why they went with the worse looking faces...
the only reason i can think of is to make the world look better, if that makes any sense ^^

Top Bottom