• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Let me in said:
Why doesn't your username wrap? It's throwing the tables all out of whack.

I've sent a message to a mod about it, they said only an admin can fix it. It's supposed to be on the list of shit to do around here. He told me it could take a while before an admin gets to it. It's been like a month, so some day.

What does it look like exactly? It looks alright to me, but you're the third person to mention it. Curious what it looks like to you guys.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Melia
is awesome, especially against large group. Her Fire Elemental for Blaze damage and Ice Elemental for Chill damage are awesome for crowd elimination. Gotta stick
Dunban
in to absorb Aggro though... Reyn for some reason couldn't seem to do it effective enough.

Earth elemental: poison the enemy. Fire elemental: blaze the enemy. Ice elemental: chill the enemy. And stick a few Electric elemental for awesome, awesome damage while poison, blaze, and chill sap the enemy's HP like nobody's business. Her free-topple move is awesome too. Topple the bastard and then launch the Chain Attack!

One thing that I hate about this game though, is many of the enemy attacks ignore distance. Even if you position yourself to move towards the northpole when the enemy is on the southpole, no matter where you are in regards to the positioning the enemy's attacks/arts will still hit you regardless--when they should have not. Very annoying for characters with relatively weak constitution such as her.

Does her elemental buff stacks or is it replaced after she summons a new one? And what's this about her can summon three elemental summons at the same time? O___________O I don't know this... I always discharge after I summon an elemental O________________O

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
I've sent a message to a mod about it, they said only an admin can fix it. It's supposed to be on the list of shit to do around here. He told me it could take a while before an admin gets to it. It's been like a month, so some day.

What does it look like exactly? It looks alright to me, but you're the third person to mention it. Curious what it looks like to you guys.

hcCUo.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with it..........?

KarmaCow

Laughing Banana said:
One thing that I hate about this game though, is many of the enemy attacks ignore distance. Even if you position yourself to move towards the northpole when the enemy is on the southpole, no matter where you are in regards to the positioning the enemy's attacks/arts will still hit you regardless--when they should have not. Very annoying for characters with relatively weak constitution such as her.

That actually works both ways. When an attack is initiated, the attack will hit the enemies in the range at the time even they move out of the way during the attack animation/start up. The same applies to stuff like back attacks and the enemy turns around.

Laughing Banana said:
Does her elemental buff stacks or is it replaced after she summons a new one? And what's this about her can summon three elemental summons at the same time? O___________O I don't know this... I always discharge after I summon an elemental O________________O
As far as I know they do stack, so you can (for example) summon wind, fire, and earth and have agility, strength, and physical protection buffs at the same time.

But I think if you use the 'copy summon' art to summon the same element twice, it won't stack.

Gvaz

Banned
So I was playing around trying to run dolphin on my laptop i7 2ghz (unsuccessfully) and had an old save. Apparently I was at a part where I had just unlocked
Sharla but hadn't saved juju yet
and i was 15 hours in and lvl22. o_O

Vamphuntr

Sword Valley and Galahad fortress
are the best areas in the game so far. Next to no fetch quests to do. I know you had a heart Monolith.

Gvaz said:
So I was playing around trying to run dolphin on my laptop i7 2ghz (unsuccessfully) and had an old save. Apparently I was at a part where I had just unlocked
Sharla but hadn't saved juju yet
and i was 15 hours in and lvl22. o_O
remember you left the game running for a bit?

Dragon

Banned

Perhaps if they put spaces instead of underscores in your name it'd wrap correctly. I requested a change awhile ago and I haven't received it yet, takes time.

TheBranca18 said:
Perhaps if they put spaces instead of underscores in your name it'd wrap correctly. I requested a change awhile ago and I haven't received it yet, takes time.

Yeah, I asked if they do that or make it all one word, or just get rid of the year. Whatever makes it so it doesn't make some peoples pages look shitty. I'm sure it'll get done at some point.

Let me in

I'm at 47 hours, lvl 56 and just left
Machina Village. How am I doing? Seems like the enemies have finally caught up in terms of level, but I've had no difficulty progressing.
I'm a little burnt out on quests. Especially considering that many of the later ones in Colony 9 give next to no EXP or $$$. I'm at 3 stars there and 1 everywhere else. Completed about 115 quests.

Oh, and:
unhero_of_the_tables.png

Just for reference ;)

Gvaz

Banned
The hell is that? It's beautiful.
RE:GAF. It's a stylish script

Let me in said:
Well, if you've already manipulated the CSS and tables it's not really relevant to the discussion, now is it?
Not my fault the default theme is feature lacking and ugly :p

I just got the game today and haven't been able to put it down. I'm about five hours in and I can't believe that they already
killed off a party member. No one is safe!

Seik

Banned
Fellow GAFers, I got four words:

ABOUT-DAMN-FUCKING-TIME!

Vq4pW.jpg

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I'll post soon about my first impressions of the game.

By the way, did RPGCrazied got his copy now?

Oxx

I didn't get to spend much time of the game yesterday. Too much Jersey Shore.

I should probably just move the Colony 6
reconstruction
quest forward. I don't know why I'm desperate to finish all the refugee quests, I'm not usually a completionist at all (apart from DQ9).

Oxx

RPGCrazied must have the record for most posts in an OT without having a copy of the game. He still has more than double the number of posts as the second most prolific poster in here.

ramyeon

20 hours in and just finished Makna Forest
the Telethia was the hardest fight yet - and I was surprised to see it was a level above me, I thought I'd been levelling pretty consistently although I guess I did stop doing most side quests. I'm at a point where I just can't FIND any side quests to do? I'm at two stars in Colony 9 and nothing new is opening up at all. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I'm going through really fast and missing a lot of stuff...

Xelinis

ramyeon said:
20 hours in and just finished Makna Forest
the Telethia was the hardest fight yet - and I was surprised to see it was a level above me, I thought I'd been levelling pretty consistently although I guess I did stop doing most side quests. I'm at a point where I just can't FIND any side quests to do? I'm at two stars in Colony 9 and nothing new is opening up at all. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I'm going through really fast and missing a lot of stuff...

Weird, I just got to Manka Forest and Colony 9 is already at four stars.

ramyeon

Xelinis said:
Weird, I just got to Manka Forest and Colony 9 is already at four stars.
Yeah, I've literally finished every quest I've got from there but I can't find any new ones. I've been running through day and night to see if anything pops up, but no luck.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ramyeon said:
Yeah, I've literally finished every quest I've got from there but I can't find any new ones. I've been running through day and night to see if anything pops up, but no luck.

Don't worry about it too much. The point of no return for quests is marked pretty clearly and even I, after 77 hours of playing with my characters all around level 63 or so, still have not reach it yet.

Dascu

ramyeon said:
Keep talking to named NPCs, even if they don't have any quest markers. Sometimes they'll talk about other NPCs, which will change the affinity charts and possibly cause new quests to pop up.

Just completed this a few minutes ago. Hands down the best RPG I've played in a long time. Officially the longest time its ever taken me to beat a game, too. 75 hours. FF XII was the previous champ at 52 hours.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I really wish there was a website with a map or something.. is there?

Because I keep getting quests telling me to go somewhere i've never been before.. and it's really damn hard to work out where that is bar just wandering aimlessly in the area until you find it

Gvaz

Banned
DQ8 took me 100+ hours to beat (completionist run and post game bosses) so 100 hours is pretty meaty to me.

So I'm like level 47 or so, how overleveled am I for
Prison Island
? I still have a bunch of quests to turn in.

HolyCheck said:

Because I keep getting quests telling me to go somewhere i've never been before.. and it's really damn hard to work out where that is bar just wandering aimlessly in the area until you find it

Somebody needs to make a Quest Helper like mod to put on your SD card that runs when you play the game so that the yellow arrow appears for any quest, not just story ones, and you can pick what the active quest is.

After 70 hours of gameplay, I finally figured out how to
properly use Melia, lol. The whole time I would just load an elemental and blast immediately not realizing I can stack and save to actually keep one of the status effects active. So stupid, I am. Also, the Fiora and Dunban combo are wicked against Mechon.

Oxx

I'm even enjoying the butt-rock parts of the soundtrack.

'You Will Know Our Names' and 'Engage the Enemy' <3

Dascu

HolyCheck said:

http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/index.html

The maps are not translated, but it's not too hard to use them. Brown dots mean landmarks and the white text indicates named areas. Quest-related items are marked with a red dot. So say you've got a quest in Satorl Marsh, and the quest mentions a named area that you don't recognize, look up that map and see if there's any white text that's on the picture but not on your in-game map. You could of course also look up the quest on that site, check the original Japanese, and compare the kanji/katakana/gibberish.

GAF! Noooooooooo! I was being so patient! What happened??? :'(

My order shipped from Zavvi on August 15, so today is 19 working days later. I emailed them a couple of days ago just to touch base, and this is what I got back!

http://i.imgur.com/0nLqf.png

I don't want a refund. I want Xenoblade. :(

Oxx said:
I'm even enjoying the butt-rock parts of the soundtrack.

'You Will Know Our Names' and 'Engage the Enemy' <3
I love "You Will Know Our Names" when fighting Uniques. When it comes on, you know shit just got real.

CoolS

Gvaz said:
So I'm like level 47 or so, how overleveled am I for
Prison Island
? I still have a bunch of quests to turn in.

I was at the same level as you are at that point and yeah, you are quite overlevelled. No enemies ever attacked me and it's like 5 levels more than the boss. So turn those quests in before, since it won't matter anyway ^^

UltimateIke said:
GAF! Noooooooooo! I was being so patient! What happened??? :'(

My order shipped from Zavvi on August 15, so today is 19 working days later. I emailed them a couple of days ago just to touch base, and this is what I got back!

As we do not have the stock for this for another month
I don't want a refund. I want Xenoblade. :(

NoE's incompetence is staggering.

mclem

HolyCheck said:

Often if you speak to the quest giver a second time they'll give you a little more guidance.

Top Bottom