• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

TDLink

jump_button said:
Wait I just got a new Power for Monado
from a quest in the fallen hand
about 55 hours in are they others like that?

Yes. There's one in
Makna Forest
as well.

I'm really driving myself nuts reading all the post. What the best way to play ? CC or wiimote and nunchuk? Is the CC pro any better than the CC?

Dascu

Gvaz said:
You mean other than aura remove?
There's the Monado Eater art, which does a decent bit of damage and also takes away enemy buffs. You can get it by repairing bridge 3 and then getting a quest from one of the Frontier Village NPCs (on the Archeology level, I think) that involves checking out Agni's Tomb. The art is in a chest inside that tomb.

Hazanko

Banned
Affinity chart help (might be slight spoiler)

I have every character linked except Perrine, I didn't invite her to colony 6 cause I picked another person. I just can't get any links for her though. Does anyone have her linked to people in colony 9?

[edit]

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Ledsen

Gvaz said:
The problem with him is reduction tank < avoidance tank

What happens is he'll dodge a lot but then get hit for quite a bit, and with no clothes theres nothing to gem for the extra HP VI instead of Agility VI in his weapon.

With Reyn, there's much less damage spikes because of all the high armor, hp and block, compared to the other guy who when he gets hit, it's hard.

Then you have mobs/bosses later on with spike damage on attack, that it's better off to use your avoid tank for dpsing the trash mobs and using reyn for bosses.

Fixed! Just max out his first skill tree, you'll see.

Ledsen said:
Fixed! Just max out his first skill tree, you'll see.
Wizdom is serverely overated if you ask me (not really spoilers but you might like to come to the thought on your own)
+30% will be less than what you can get from gems for much of the game. As for putting agility gems on the weapon...its a bit of a waste of the weapon abilities (double attack will do more for damage prevention in quicker deaths than a few more % of dodging...unless its phyiscal spikes in which case it leaves you dead quicker). The point really is when an attack is unavoidable its best to have some armour on and later in the game there are lots of ether based attacks like that. I didn't really ever find any need to go naked as using gems I had enough dodge (I suppose naked is easier to draw agro though). Plus some of the armour looks cool. Sure when I'd maxed other skills I used Wizdom to give me +15 agility but that was it.

wrowa

Dascu said:
Agility increases your chance to dodge an attack. One particular character's entire playstyle is based on high agility and just dodging everything the enemy throws at him.
What's a good number for his agility?

At level 68 or 69 he has round about 185 agility with equipment equipped, but he doesn't seem to dodge many attacks.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh believe me, I did some testing, but if you have him you need a real healer, not an offhealer to deal with the high amounts of damage he'll take on hit.

Reyn's damage will be more even and you can just use an offhealer if you also have shulk in the party You could probably switch out shulk with the other tank and just have him dps and be fine too.

Hazanko

Banned
Gvaz said:
Oh believe me, I did some testing, but if you have him you need a real healer, not an offhealer to deal with the high amounts of damage he'll take on hit.

Reyn's damage will be more even and you can just use an offhealer if you also have shulk in the party You could probably switch out shulk with the other tank and just have him dps and be fine too.

I didn't have a main healer with him and managed to take on very high level bosses (level 100) just fine. I used him as my main through most of the game.

LayLa said:
ahaha i'm 45 hours in and just realized that you can
level up the Monado's abilities
. feel so stupid :/

Yeah, I didn't realize you could do this until (Prison Island spoilers)
you get the Monado II and there's a tutorial window saying you can raise the arts to level 10 now.

Sardello

I've got a D1 console...

Damn dual layer DvDs... can the Wii cleaning Kit solve FOR REAL the problem?
I'll try tomorrow even if it woul be a temporary solution :(

Finalow

wrowa said:
What's a good number for his agility?

At level 68 or 69 he has round about 185 agility with equipment equipped, but he doesn't seem to dodge many attacks.
actually 185 is pretty good, be sure to have agility up at 50 from gems.

Oxx

I'm back on the story bandwagon. 34 hours on the clock, level 40, just arrived at
Eryth Sea.

I might be a bit over-levelled. The battle at the end of the previous area barely left a scratch.

ronito

So I just left colony 9 and I have an ungodly amount of items. I had read somewhere earlier that it was a good idea to only sell equipment and leave the rest. Is that true?

bubnbob

Banned
ronito said:
So I just left colony 9 and I have an ungodly amount of items. I had read somewhere earlier that it was a good idea to only sell equipment and leave the rest. Is that true?

Sell equipment, sell loot drops that arent part of any active or future quests. Keep the collectable (blue orbs). Sell Crystals.

bubnbob said:
Sell equipment, sell loot drops that arent part of any active or future quests. Keep the collectable (blue orbs). Sell Crystals.
I'd add that for crystals you could craft them into gems. As soon as you get higher level crystals you should probably think about ditching the lower level ones though.

Materials you can keep until your inventory gets full then sell the lowest value ones.

So I'd say the advice of sell equipment, buy skill books and put off everything else is true.

Damn, it seems 365Game is sold out of this and WKC:O, so i'll have to wait until they are back in stock, or check out another site that can do imports. Anyone know of any other good RELIABLE sites to import from EU?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if there is a way to go back and look at previous posts you have made here? I was looking for a post i'm sure i made, but couldnt find it. And it wouild be easier to find this specific post when i check again and another hundred or more posts have been made...these forums move so fast!

RPGCrazied

LionFranco said:
Damn, it seems 365Game is sold out of this and WKC:O, so i'll have to wait until they are back in stock, or check out another site that can do imports. Anyone know of any other good RELIABLE sites to import from EU?

It's out of stock everywhere dude. Either buy it on eBay for $100+ or wait for restock. Let us hope they will restock. I want to play so bad.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
I didn't play this week because I didn't want it to end, but I finally gave in because I have Deus Ex and Bastion waiting for me. Urgh, I hate that empty feeling you get after finishing a fantastic video game. I must now acquire more Xenoblade merchandise. Loved the OST by the way, after finishing the game, I'd say it's on par with Chrono Cross.

Probably my favorite song (warning: there's a location name spoiler in the title):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pdCgnnudy8

RPGCrazied, dude, I hope you get your copy soon!

RPGCrazied

BocoDragon said:
He doesn't have it yet ?!

No. Apparently I have to wait a month or more. What people tell me free shipping overseas takes. But I got a refund. Someone in this thread got a refund from Zavvi and didn't even ask. Doesn't bode well for our copies.

darkjedi187 said:
Excellent. Was hoping I din't need to get a new controller.
I'd have probably cramped out and died if I wasn't using the pro. Never used the pro before (granted I haven't played a long period of time in a game that needs it), but loving the grips. It's more comfortable than I thought, but I picked it up on the cheap from the GE bundle.

RPGCrazied

A glimmer of hope? From GAME's twitter.

Gamedigital GAME.co.uk
@
@RPGCrazied Still no luck over in the US yet?! Erm I think we have some more stock on it's way next week. Keep your eyes peeled!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RPGCrazied said:
No. Apparently I have to wait a month or more. What people tell me free shipping overseas takes. But I got a refund. Someone in this thread got a refund from Zavvi and didn't even ask. Doesn't bode well for our copies.
Odd... Zaavi shipped here to Vancouver in 1.5 weeks :p

wrowa

RPGCrazied said:
A glimmer of hope? From GAME's twitter.

Gamedigital GAME.co.uk
@
@RPGCrazied Still no luck over in the US yet?! Erm I think we have some more stock on it's way next week. Keep your eyes peeled!
No surprise Zavvi gave you a refund that easily. Everyone knows your story, they are afraid that you are going to badmouth them on the whole internet :D

Carlisle

For some reason The Hut says to wait 30 days for int'l orders before bitching, but Zavvi says, what, 19 days? I thought they were the same company for all intents and purposes.

I was fully expecting to get mine in this week. I'm saying today at the latest before I start fretting over it. Wednesday is day 30 for me, so if it's still not here by then I'll write them and ask what's going on.

Apenheul

JumpingTheGun said:
About to head off to
Eryth Sea
at Lvl 42 or so. How far along am I?

I haven't fininshed the game yet but I'm a couple of areas ahead of you, haven't reached the point yet where timed quests expire.

I never asked for this.

1F5o6.png

Any time I really want a refund, I have a lot of trouble getting one. I just wanted to play the game. :(

Carlisle said:
For some reason The Hut says to wait 30 days for int'l orders before bitching, but Zavvi says, what, 19 days? I thought they were the same company for all intents and purposes.

I was fully expecting to get mine in this week. I'm saying today at the latest before I start fretting over it. Wednesday is day 30 for me, so if it's still not here by then I'll write them and ask what's going on.
19 "working" days. Wednesday will be 30 days for me same as you (and RPGCrazied and many others who preordered). I only wanted to know their take on the situation; I expected them to tell me to keep waiting and everything was normal. I wasn't trying to bitch.

RPGCrazied

How much to ship to US? I don't see anything for that.

This?

UK and International Delivery Charges

· All UK Orders - delivery FREE on a minimum order value of £2.50

· Europe - delivery £30

· Rest of World – delivery £50

lol, is that $100 to ship here?

Chaos

RPGCrazied said:
How much to ship to US? I don't see anything for that.

This?

lol, is that $100 to ship here?

Think with the exchange rate around $80
Told you it was expensive :)

Prob get a better deal on ebay.

Top Bottom