• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

chris121580

RPGCrazied said:
A glimmer of hope? From GAME's twitter.

Gamedigital GAME.co.uk
@
@RPGCrazied Still no luck over in the US yet?! Erm I think we have some more stock on it's way next week. Keep your eyes peeled!
I'm in Indiana and got mine yesterday. I pre-ordered back on the 17th so there is hope for you

ksamedi

Finished it at level 80. I clocked 120 hours (which is the highest in any RPG I've played). Magnificant game. I'm still itching to finish off the higher level quests. Pretty satisfying ending too.

I really don't know any RPG that surpasses this game and I play a lot of RPG's. I enjoyed DQ8, DQ9 and together with Baldurs Gate 2 were my favorites but Xenoblade is better than those games IMO. Xenoblade is officially my favorite RPG ever.

Laekon

Quick question about importing this to the US. Someone told me that SDTV's might have issues with this game beyond the region lock on the Wii. Is this true or did it only apply in the PS2 era?

Laekon said:
Quick question about importing this to the US. Someone told me that SDTV's might have issues with this game beyond the region lock on the Wii. Is this true or did it only apply in the PS2 era?
I've tried out the game on three different SDTVs, and all of them worked using both the disc and Gecko and Configurable USB Loader. I haven't seen or heard anything about the game not working on SDTVs. All you should need to do is force NTSC in the options menu of the region-free app of your choice and you should be fine.

Though, you will want to enable 16:9 mode on both your TV and your Wii, if it's available. The game is letterboxed otherwise.

Mine just got here! Oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god

Icelight

All spoilers in this post are very late-game spoilers. (more specifically, they take place immediately after you return to [only a minor location name spoiler] the
Central Factory
)

Oh man, fighting
Egil after he merges with the Mechonis
was amazing. I love how
his movements corresponded to the movements of the Mechonis.

And then everything that came afterwards yet too...

While the depth of the characters and their motivations are nowhere near that of Xenosaga (which, in what is sure to be one of the most unpopular opinions ever, is one of my favorite games [the series taken as a whole, that is]), I've got to say that the story in this game is still really pulling me in :)

Vamphuntr

Icelight said:
All spoilers in this post are very late-game spoilers. (more specifically, they take place immediately after you return to [only a minor location name spoiler] the
Central Factory
)

Oh man, fighting
Egil after he merges with the Mechonis
was amazing. I love how
his movements corresponded to the movements of the Mechonis.

And then everything that came afterwards yet too...

While the depth of the characters and their motivations are nowhere near that of Xenosaga (which, in what is sure to be one of the most unpopular opinions ever, is one of my favorite games [the series taken as a whole, that is]), I've got to say that the story in this game is still really pulling me in :)

I have to agree with you on this. The story is starting to get really interesting but the characters are really weak compared to Xenosaga. It doesn't help that the dialogues are also pretty bland. How many motivations speeches does Shulk need?

Lucentto

Banned
Just beat the game in 71 hours. By far the longest JRPG I have ever played. There were several things that annoyed me in it, but overall a fantastic game. Fuck NOA.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Icelight said:

I love Xenosaga, but the more I think about it the more I realize I hate all of the characters (especially Shion, for being wishy-washy and loving abuse...) But I will admit that the characters in Xenoblade do not have as detailed a backstory or motivations. They didn't touch on them as much as they do in Xenosaga. I like the characters in Xenoblade more though.

RPGCrazied

chris121580 said:
I'm in Indiana and got mine yesterday. I pre-ordered back on the 17th so there is hope for you

If I get it, I get it, but I'm going for another copy. I already have my $$$ back from Zavvi. If I happen to get Zavvi's copy, I will just sell it and tell Zavvi to charge me again. At least this way I can have 2 copies coming to me. Just one of them has to arrive, right? :p

My copy from Zavvi just came in. Shipped on the 20th, I'm in Ontario. Perfect timing since I just finished playing OoT yesterday. Time to delve into Wii modification!

Well, that's it, I'm done with my second playthrough. Time invested in this amazing game, 190:27. (Not counting playtime on the Japanese release)

Thank you Monolithsoft.

InternHertz said:
Well, that's it, I'm done with my second playthrough. Time invested in this amazing game, 190:27. (Not counting playtime on the Japanese release)

Thank you Monolithsoft.

Where/how do you get the time to play for so long?

So...is anyone who has finished willing to sell their copy? I'm willing to do most anything, short of piracy, to get this game...at a reasonable price.

=o)

RPGCrazied

LionFranco said:
So...is anyone who has finished willing to sell their copy? I'm willing to do most anything, short of piracy, to get this game...at a reasonable price.

=o)

Get in line. :p i asked in the buy/trade/sell thread, no dice.

meppi

RPGCrazied said:
If I get it, I get it, but I'm going for another copy. I already have my $$$ back from Zavvi. If I happen to get Zavvi's copy, I will just sell it and tell Zavvi to charge me again. At least this way I can have 2 copies coming to me. Just one of them has to arrive, right? :p
Eum, I'm pretty sure when they refunded your money that you agreed to a little text box stating that if the game does turn up, you are obligated to return the item.

ivysaur12

Banned
What's the most secure place to buy this from? I don't care if I have to pay a little extra, I just don't to have to worry about it not coming 3 weeks later.

wrowa

Question regarding one of the Red Pollen sidequests:

Find the Kingpin: Where are the Nopon Merchants I have to take to?

Edit: Nevermind, got it. That truly was a terrible quest though.

Saroyan

My copy came today woot!
Ordered from Zavvi on the 19th, it shipped on the 22nd. So ~2.5 weeks to Minnesota, not too bad. The shipping label was from Belgium which I thought was a little odd but whatever.

RPGCrazied said:
Get in line. :p i asked in the buy/trade/sell thread, no dice.

LOL, well i wasnt going to cut in line. I'm a no body here, probably dont even have 20 posts yet, but i was just wondering, thats all.

Gvaz

Banned
meppi said:
Eum, I'm pretty sure when they refunded your money that you agreed to a little text box stating that if the game does turn up, you are obligated to return the item.
How are they going to enforce that (they wont)

OmegaErock

Neo Member
It's funny that even with the 365games shipping the game out late compared to GAME, I still got it about when everyone else did. The game shipped out on 8/22 and I got it on 8/31. Live in Portland, OR. Too bad I haven't had much time to play it yet. :(

Kerrinck

Need some help finding a certain location in tephra cave.
Late game quest spoilers:
I need to find a location called Soothsayer Tomb, regarding the coffin of Bafalgar Quest. I can see the red exclamation mark but I have no idea how to get there since there is no way to reach it

Found it, kinda easy to miss it.

Saroyan said:
My copy came today woot!
Ordered from Zavvi on the 19th, it shipped on the 22nd. So ~2.5 weeks to Minnesota, not too bad. The shipping label was from Belgium which I thought was a little odd but whatever.

wtf is thiiiiiiiis.

Mine shipped on the 15th..and I live in Philly.

The heck?

Meh..i can wait but this is laaaaaame.

RPGCrazied

Someone must be praying out there for me. Some gaffer is going to sell me his copy! Lives in the US and will ship tomorrow probably! Will get it by Tues - Wednesday! Thank you gaffer, you know who you are. And only $60!

EXCITE!

RPGCrazied said:
Someone must be praying out there for me. Some gaffer is going to sell me his copy! Lives in the US and will ship tomorrow probably! Will get it by Tues - Wednesday! Thank you gaffer, you know who you are. And only $60!

EXCITE!

Sweet. Now I'm one of the last of the Zavvi waiters

Zornica

Banned
Gvaz said:
Also where is Sleeping Dragon Isle?

hode lair is west of the ether plant, jump down and swim.
sleeping dragon isle is south east of rif #10. you can only reach it by swimming

edit: beaten ._.

RPGCrazied

I haven't been whining for awhile. :p

I see what you did thar.

Will be minez soon.

Xenoblade.jpg

Top Bottom