• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ok so i'm about 20 hours in and i've decided to go back to colony 9 because I should get some affinity I guess? I'm at 1 star with everywhere ugh I dont want to do this lol.

And I'm speaking to desiree and shes talking about her father like she always does and
she mentions her dads shop was xords armour or something... is he THE XORD??

Gvaz

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Ok so i'm about 20 hours in and i've decided to go back to colony 9 because I should get some affinity I guess? I'm at 1 star with everywhere ugh I dont want to do this lol.

And I'm speaking to desiree and shes talking about her father like she always does and
she mentions her dads shop was xords armour or something... is he THE XORD??
It's likely they're the same person.

McNum

So I decided enough was enough with coaxing Desiree into giving me that quest and decided to press on
and on and on and ON!
with the story. I'm getting good at calling when the System Saves are going to happen, I can practically count down from 10 with it now. Calling the twists, though... not so much. (Level 60-ish story spoilers)
Zanza isn't daed. Called it. Zanza was the one who busted up Mechonis, not Bionis. Uh, okay? Also Totally-not-Alvis told Shulk to find the True Monado. I smell a shonen powerup scene (And a Monado III) in my near future! I hope Fiora gets some Lady Menayth (or how that's spelled) powers for use in battle. Whatever it is she does with her eyes, it's very effective.

Also, the game is very good at irony. I've been grinding for (big character and small skill spoiler)
Shulk's fourth skill tree for a few days, but then I get a random quest in Hidden Village and suddenly Fiora has her fourth.
Xenoblade has a good sense of comedic timing some times.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
RPGCrazied said:
I name no names. But he had two copies. Knew all about my story, and was really nice about the whole thing.

I bow down to him.
He even posted in this thread saying that he'd give you the copy if you never got yours, since he ended up getting two. Look it up!

Not sure if posted:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27745

Nintendo Working on Xenoblade Chronicles Stock

by Karlie Yeung, Content Editor - September 9, 2011 - 9:00 A.M.
Total Comments: 13

More copies of the game are on the way this fall to resolve unexpected shortages.

Nintendo UK are working on resolving the Xenoblade Chronicles stock shortage situation and will have more copies in stores this season.

Following reports online and from our readers that it is difficult to get hold of the game, and online stores including Amazon, Asda, GAME, and others listing the game as unavailable, it is thought that the shortages are caused by unexpected high demand.

Nintendo UK confirmed to us, "We are doing everything we can to get more stock of Xenoblade Chronicles into UK shops this autumn. We know how frustrating stock shortages can be for people, and we are disappointed when even one customer cannot get hold of one of our products."

Mudo

Ok so the fapping can stop, I'm the one who sold 1 of my copies to Rpgcrazied :p my BF and I each ordered a copy from (banned site - but they got my copies to me in like 10 days, it was crazy), and he does not *need* his anymore (was more to support the release of the game in an english speaking region). I've kept up with this thread since the game came out, and just couldn't take seeing the TORTURE RPG was going through on this. We mulled it over for a couple days and finally decided to sell him 1 of our copies.

Hope you like it (you're gonna LOVE it, promise!)

Instro

About 12-13 hours in now, although I feel like I haven't progressed very far in the story since I've just been wandering around exploring, doing quests and such. Walking into a level 70 monster was was a bit crazy though, interesting that they would put such high level monsters in early areas.

One thing I really like about this game is that the areas actually look and feel unique. It seems like in each area there are plenty of cool locals to check out if you feel like exploring. Often times in open world games like Fallout 3/New Vegas there is very little to actually see when you want to explore, so its nice to see that while the game world is expansive it doesn't feel like I am constantly looking at the exact same scenery.

Gvaz

Banned
Someone mentioned wanting me to get a picture of the Makna Falls rainbow and well

sx4p01-47yucn.jpg

Let me in

Unless someone's been on a media blackout, [late game spoilers]:
all the permanent characters have been pictured in promotional art for two years

Everyone is creating such nice armor combos and using sets. Most of my people look like they're wearing Halloween costumes gone horribly wrong.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Let me in said:
Unless someone's been on a media blackout, [late game spoilers]:
all the permanent characters have been pictured in promotional art for two years

Everyone is creating such nice armor combos and using sets. Most of my people look like they're wearing Halloween costumes gone horribly wrong.

to be fair I'd never heard of the game before 2 weeks ago and bought it.. but i'm at the point in the game now where i'm just getting that team member...

Let me in

At least the game's reaching new eyes who haven't been following it for so long.

Most games aren't shy about letting you know who's going to be playable, unless it's an unlockable.

Has anyone (in the U.S.) that preordered from Zavvi gotten their copy? (Meaning your order shipped out on August 15.) Several people who ordered around a week later got their copies, but many (all?) people who preordered seem to still be waiting. Did their entire first shipment to the U.S. get misplaced?

Hazanko

Banned
Finally finished the game. Took about 150 hours at lvl 99. I got everything on full stars and only have a few things left I want to finish. It's one of the best rpgs I've played.

Wooooah at the ending as well, very interesting lol.

epmode

So I just noticed those Ocarina codes to reduce XP/AP/SP gains and I made a file to cut everything by 30%. Can't decide if that's a good number yet but it's a huge improvement over the default don't-do-any-quests-or-you'll-be-OP. God I love homebrew stuff.

UltimateIke said:
Has anyone (in the U.S.) that preordered from Zavvi gotten their copy? (Meaning your order shipped out on August 15.) Several people who ordered around a week later got their copies, but many (all?) people who preordered seem to still be waiting. Did their entire first shipment to the U.S. get misplaced?
I preordered and mine arrived in about two weeks.

From the ship date.

Dmax3901

Gibbo said:
Hey Guys- I can't find a Dark Grape. Guides say its in Tehra Cave but can't seem to find it at all : (

I'm the same but with a Kneecap Rock. I got one and can't find another despite several trawls of Tephra Cave. Possible glitch?

polg

I've put another 5 hours of this game, on my way to
Colony 6
now.

I've spent the previous 7 or 8 hours of the game doing those timed quests. Before progressing and getting
Sharla
. Once I progressed with the story, all my characters seemed to be in the -correct- level. Does the rest of the game work in the same way? Where completing near all the side quests puts you in the appropriate level against mid bosses and bosses?

Chanser

Dmax3901 said:
I'm the same but with a Kneecap Rock. I got one and can't find another despite several trawls of Tephra Cave. Possible glitch?

No glitch, it's at the end of the corridor where the lizards are or near them.

Dmax3901

Chanser said:
No glitch, it's at the end of the corridor where the lizards are or near them.

Lizards? You mean Brogs? I can't think of any other lizard-like creatures in Tephra unless I'm missing something stupidly.

Ledsen

Rahxephon91 said:
Well I guess even Xenoblade has to have one annoying character. Thanks Riki.
I hated him at first, but then I played as him for a while and now I think he's adorable ^_^

"Heropon VERY COOL!"

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ledsen said:
I hated him at first, but then I played as him for a while and now I think he's adorable ^_^

"Heropon VERY COOL!"

His best line is "Riki's breath make monster SIIIIIIICK!"

Ledsen

Lissar said:
I love when sharla goes "all thanks to you,
dunban
", and riki's all like "wh-wh-what about rrriki?"

Edit: oops! Sorry guys

Chanser

Dmax3901 said:
Lizards? You mean Brogs? I can't think of any other lizard-like creatures in Tephra unless I'm missing something stupidly.

Look in
Mag Mell Ruins
, the soldiers along one of those corridors may contain Kneecap Rock.

Chanser

I noticed specific collectables are in specific locations, but most of the time they're randomized.
I found Kneecap Rock there twice, though that could be randomized.

Dascu

Lissar said:
He has a very nice bit with
Melia and Sharla
. Goes something like this:

Riki: Riki want Melly to be big sister!
Melia: Aww... But what about Sharla?
Riki: Sharla more like mama. One mama enough!

Feep said:
Wait, hold on. You mean the blue globes aren't randomized? Certain ones are always certain items?
i think it's randomized but fixed in your playthrough. because i told a friend about some orbs in the area i found but it was different when he got there.

jgwhiteus

Feep said:
Wait, hold on. You mean the blue globes aren't randomized? Certain ones are always certain items?

I thought they were limited by area (maybe even by section - e.g., you'll only find items on certain floors), but there was still an element of chance, with some items being rarer than others? I got a Kneecap Rock somewhere near the Arachnos (and I definitely had to make a pass or two through the cave to find it, along with Steel Silk), so I'd think it'd be in more than one location. Although, when I went looking for a Chewy Radish for a quest (and I hadn't picked up one in all the time I'd run around in the beginning of the game), I eventually found one at the mech. wreckage site, which was the only part of Colony 9 I hadn't revisited.

Am about 20 hours in, level 36 or so, just got Melia. I read earlier posts saying she eventually becomes a powerhouse with certain skills, but how is she when you first get her? Am thinking of using her instead of Sharla, but Sharla's the only decent healer at this point. And it seems like Reyn may eventually outgrow his usefulness? But then I'll miss his "Reyn Time!" shouts and his puppy-dog "Sharla! Did you see that?"

Top Bottom