• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

DMPrince said:
don't outfits add stat? would be hard to play in undies. guess i'll just wear accessories only lulz.

I heard Dunban has good evasion and evasion artes and if you remove his armor his evasion goes up, so probably not entirely useless :p

It's ridiculous that Euros are getting this game over Americans.

I thought we had more fans here of wild, wacky cult japanese games here.

Thanks Nintendo!

wsippel

Banned
Bel Marduk said:
I heard Dunban has good evasion and evasion artes and if you remove his armor his evasion goes up, so probably not entirely useless :p
Evasion might go up, but attack would suffer greatly, and that's the only thing he's good at. So it is entirely useless.

sfried

Corleth the Fey said:
NBb3w.jpg
"Abs...Don't talk to me about abs..."

Has anybody in the US gotten it to work on their system yet? Hopefully its all 60Hz/fps and not the wierd 50Hz/fps thing PAL has.

Alrus

BanditKing said:
It's ridiculous that Euros are getting this game over Americans.

I thought we had more fans here of wild, wacky cult japanese games here.

Thanks Nintendo!

Well France, Germany and Benelux are pretty receptive when it comes to Jrpg. They actually sell pretty well most of the time there. (Heck, Monster Hunter is "big" in germany. Tri sold more than 200k there).

You get more niche stuff because it's cheaper to localize them in one language. (compared to Five in Europe).

RPGCrazied said:
Getting this on Friday would be great, but Monday - Tuesday of next week isn't so bad.

Where in US are you?
I'm in CT, so I'll most likely bet getting it a couple of days before you (you're in TX, right?). If I get it Friday, you should be good to go Monday or Tuesday, otherwise bet on Wednesday or so.

sfried said:
"Abs...Don't talk to me about abs..."

Has anybody in the US gotten it to work on their system yet? Hopefully its all 60Hz/fps and not the wierd 50Hz/fps thing PAL has.

From what I understand, if you're using component cables and a 480p signal, compatibility shouldn't be an issue. If you're using composite video or a CRT, then it's a matter of luck and playing with various "fixes".

RPGCrazied

eLZhi said:
I'm in CT, so I'll most likely bet getting it a couple of days before you (you're in TX, right?). If I get it Friday, you should be good to go Monday or Tuesday, otherwise bet on Wednesday or so.

Yeah. Stuck in Hell. :( Better than waiting a month+ though.

M-PG71C

ASDA sent my stuff out today apparently. Since its coming Stateside though, I expect it here in the next three weeks. :/

Some point in the next month or so I'll be playing Xenoblade so its all good in my eyes. I got some other stuff to kill time with anyway.

Feep

Banned
Is it too late to cancel my Zaavi order? My friend Christy is coming back from the UK on the 23th, and I think she'll be able to have it here faster than Zaavi can...? I got that E-mail that you all got...

Zafir

timetokill said:
Nah! :p

Actually, what's funny is the title of the email says "Despatched," but the body of the email says "dispatched." I wonder if they localized it? ;)
GAME has the same problem. The order status will always say "Despatched". However in the log at the bottom it says "Your order has been dispatched."
Feep said:
Is it too late to cancel my Zaavi order? My friend Christy is coming back from the UK on the 23th, and I think she'll be able to have it here faster than Zaavi can...? I got that E-mail that you all got...
If it's started processing, then generally yes. Check your order on the website, and see if the cancel button is still there.

Zwei

timetokill said:
Actually, what's funny is the title of the email says "Despatched," but the body of the email says "dispatched." I wonder if they localized it? ;)

Then they've accomplished far more than NoA has. :)

Feep

Banned
Zafir said:
GAME has the same problem. The order status will always say "Despatched". However in the log at the bottom it says "Your order has been dispatched."

If it's started processing, then generally yes. Check your order on the website, and see if the cancel button is still there.
It's gone ; ;

Then again, I have a few friends who were interested but didn't want to mod their Wii's. I could probably sell them the extra copy at cost if I come over and spend two seconds to LetterBomb...

When should I expect Zaavi's copy to get to California?

Game sent me an email saying i should have my game on release date, is that just a common thing they say or do they only tell you that if they mean it? Like amazon release date delivery?

For the record im in the US (New Jersey)

Zafir

Common thing they say. I'm betting they probably just have the same email template regardless of whether they're international orders.

I'm not sure how long games take to get from the UK to America though. The otherway round it takes anything from 5 to 14days usually with stuff I've ordered. 7 days is the norm.

robotzombie said:
Game sent me an email saying i should have my game on release date, is that just a common thing they say or do they only tell you that if they mean it? Like amazon release date delivery?

For the record im in the US (New Jersey)

I think it's just a blanket quote that they put on everyone's e-mails. But you never know - just don't get your hopes up.

Corleth the Fey said:
I think it's just a blanket quote that they put on everyone's e-mails. But you never know - just don't get your hopes up.

yeah, not planning on it, I got other stuff to play in the meantime anyway.

thanks guys

RPGCrazied

Just remember to watch your door! They don't give out tracking #'s for international orders, so I have no clue when to expect it.

mclem

Second said:
JRPG of the generation? Don't think that's a tough battle.

Tales of Vesperia? Valkyria Chronicles? And if you open it up to handhelds, there's a lot more competition.

That said, I would say that bar those two console titles (and maybe Lost Odyssey, which I've not got around to playing yet), nothing's really *shone*.

RPGCrazied said:
Just remember to watch your door! They don't give out tracking #'s for international orders, so I have no clue when to expect it.
depends on the edition you bought but for me they will put it in the mailbox (regular edition)

Sophia

mclem said:
Tales of Vesperia? Valkyria Chronicles? And if you open it up to handhelds, there's a lot more competition.

That said, I would say that bar those two console titles (and maybe Lost Odyssey, which I've not got around to playing yet), nothing's really *shone*.

I don't think Tales of Vesperia is quite on the same level as Xenoblade, although Valkyria Chronicles is close. Xenoblade still edges out for best JRPG

RPGCrazied said:
Some say it might be UPS, who always leaves mine by the doorstep.
aw. so far they changed my delivery schedule to end of day which is like 8pm so they ring the front or drop it at my backdoor. ;3 and if it's UPS then it has a chance of coming next week early!

Alrus

Codeblue said:
Looking at Amazon UK's best sellers. What is up with Europe and Zumba Fitness?

Dance game are really popular... When Just Dance 3 comes out you're going to see it top the chart for a while. Zumba isn't even that low on the US chart either (#9...)

OT but checking the US chart, I noticed the first Layton game is #15, what?

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
aw. so far they changed my delivery schedule to end of day which is like 8pm so they ring the front or drop it at my backdoor. ;3 and if it's UPS then it has a chance of coming next week early!

That's when I get from UPS. Like 8pm. I have a feeling that day I get will have to be an all nighter! :p I haven't played a game all night in a long long time.

Alrus said:
Dance game are really popular... When Just Dance comes out you're going to see it top the chart for a while. Zumba isn't even that low on the US chart either (#9...)

OT but checking the US chart, I noticed the first Layton game is #15, what?

amazon summer sale

matmanx1

Count me in to the folks that got the Zavvi shipping notification. I'm surprised at how early they are sending this game out but also pleased. I live in Ga. so hopefully it will not be to terribly long of a wait.

mclem said:

It's like Resonance of Fate never happened. ;)

LProtag

I wonder if Zavvi will beat GAME? I feel like this thread has turned into a race for us importers, haha.

I'm loving the reviews, even if IGN is a little "what" worthy with their graphics score. I'm excited for the story, even if it isn't as 'deep' as Xenogears it sounds like the world that's been built and the characters that live in it are what make it a good story compared to just the plotlines.

Sort of like comparing Evangelion to Eureka 7 but that's just a random anime comparison that may or may not be correct and people will probably disagree with, haha.

Reveirg

RPGCrazied said:

Any idea who will deliver around here? Purolator?

InsertNameHere said:
I wonder if Zavvi will beat GAME? I feel like this thread has turned into a race for us importers, haha.

I'm loving the reviews, even if IGN is a little "what" worthy with their graphics score. I'm excited for the story, even if it isn't as 'deep' as Xenogears it sounds like the world that's been built and the characters that live in it are what make it a good story compared to just the plotlines.

Sort of like comparing Evangelion to Eureka 7 but that's just a random anime comparison that may or may not be correct and people will probably disagree with, haha.
why not include ASDA? ;( i will laugh while you guys fight to come in second ;P

Lexxon

I believe most PAL games can be forced into NTSC, but a couple key ones (including Pikmin 2 Wii) don't have 60Hz capabilities at all for interlaced input (standard SD input). I have an HDTV and component cables, and I'm fully able to play Pikmin 2 without issue using the HD Loader, no extra options at all.

I'd guess this game should be fine on HDTVs, but we'll see about 480i.

I fought the 七一式機神兵
M71?
without leveling up beforehand. It took me hours of trying and my eyes are now bloodshot.

No regrets.

Has anyone else ever had problems with a CC Pro's face buttons? (A, B, X, Y)

Ever since I got mine with the Monster Hunter 3 bundle, I haven't used it much because it feels like the buttons always let off while being pressed. Even when I don't vary the pressure on the button, just holding it causes games to react like I've pressed the button several times. It's super annoying in Smash Bros; it often won't let me charge attacks, or it doesn't even recognize me pushing the button. The buttons feel like they roll back and forth too much rather than just pressing downwards.

I don't know if it's me or the controller, so I'm going to order another one to see if it behaves the same way. I don't remember having a problem with my original Classic Controller. :/

Top Bottom