• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Feep

Banned
Does anyone do that nunchaku (like, actual nunchaku) kung-fu thing, where you grab the wire around one of your elbows?

I don't know, I'm weird.

BlazingDarkness said:
Oh nice, guess what I have in my hand? ;D

ASDA delivered my copy of Xenoblade just now, 2 day delivery FTW

/jealous

No Dutch store is selling it yet. I guess they're all being good boys and selling it on the 19th, sigh.

Pietepiet

GasProblem said:
/jealous

No Dutch store is selling it yet. I guess they're all being good boys and selling it on the 19th, sigh.

18th, probably. Most Dutch stores I go to always put it up the day before release. Try places like Mediamarkt and Bart Smit. They're usually early :)

KarmaCow

BlazingDarkness said:

What the what, did you import it? Not having a tracking number sucks.

squall23

I like how the cubed3 review used a picture of the unfinished Bionis shoulder area. In fact, most of the screenshots from that review are from the non-finished version.

MYE said:
*checks mail: nothing*

The hell is PLAY.com doing with my copy of Xenoblade?
D:

Guess their employees couldn't resist the greatness and are now playing your copy and will sent it over when they're done with it.

MicH

AWWW YEEAH!

GAME has shipped my collector's edition! Finally! (Also: haven't gotten the email yet, only the status log on the website says it).

Let the waiting begin :D

Sophia

squall23 said:
I like how the cubed3 review used a picture of the unfinished Bionis shoulder area. In fact, most of the screenshots from that review are from the non-finished version.

Holy shit. All their screenshots are from the old E3 Monado trailer! :lol

syoaran

MicH said:
Just got the email aswell. However, no tracking? /cry

Unless you ordered next day delivery, its just normal 1st class posting.

if you did order next day, and they actually released it for sale today - then you should of got a tracking number

First impressions are;
+Good cinematics, presentation is good, nice opening menu and stuff
+Characters look less fugly in motion, which is good
+Awesome music
+Great looking environments
+Reminds me a lot of FFXII (battle system, loot, boss mobs, quests etc)
+The (english) voice acting is well done, but I don't know if it really fits yet, maybe it's a grower
-I couldn't find an option to turn off the battle voices, so there's a shit load of yelling and banter throughout all of the combat, really could do without that
-The camera is kinda iffy to control, hold the c button and then press the directional buttons to rotate it, only it doesn't respond very well. It's nice we can zoom in/out though

Basically I can't wait to dive in later :D

vitacola

SOLDIER said:
2 more questions:
1. Can you install Wii games onto a USB flash drive? How many GB is needed for Xenoblade for it to take advantage of USB Loader?
Yes, you can install the games on an USB flash drive. I think somebody said that it's 6,5GB big.

SOLDIER said:
2. Is there a way to change that awful USB Loader theme, or at least disable the music?
Which USB loader are you using? If you are using the cfg you can change the theme in the options, but you'll have to download them first.

Marrshu said:
Holy shit. All their screenshots are from the old E3 Monado trailer! :lol
Did NOE ever release any English screenshots in the end, I forgot. So the Monado screenshots are the most easily accessed for the press.

BlazingDarkness said:
-I couldn't find an option to turn off the battle voices, so there's a shit load of yelling and banter throughout all of the combat, really could do without that
I recall someone saying earlier the sound settings had a setting for voice but that was global (so cutscenes etc).

But yeah voices in combat...I seem to remember Baten Kaitos would always have voices in combat even if you turned voices off so maybe its just a Monolith problem in general (can't figure out right control).

BluWacky

Bah, I hate you all. Ordered from Amazon when their price dropped (I like Amazon, so sue me) as I don't want the collector's edition, and now Game have dropped their price and shipped out incredibly early :(

Oh well, I don't have the time to play this before the weekend anyway. Am moving house on Saturday and have all of next week off (plus it's a Bank Holiday Monday the following week!) so hopefully I'll be able to get some juicy playtime in with this.

BlazingDarkness ordered my copy along with his the same day. maybe ASDA's copy already went on the plane right.... RIGHT?! do want it at least friday or monday lol ;(

vitacola

slaughterking said:
Chill out. They will ship it
in not sooner than two days because they are the most obedient adhere to street dates out there.
Nah, a guy in another forum recieved the game yesterday from Amazon.de.

Zafir

Yeah I don't believe I've ever had games come early from Amazon. Dvds on the other hand, they always seem to come a week early.

Edit: Oh I mean .co.uk not .de

RPGCrazied

BlazingDarkness said:

No way you live in the states! ;/ I guess you paid for the fast shipping? Lol, free shipping does have its downsides I guess.

LevityNYC

Banned
"Your order has left the building and will be with you soon! Your credit/debit card will now be charged in accordance with your instructions and if you are a Reward Member your points will be added to your card."

6a0120a6dde087970b0148c6a9b89c970c-800wi

Zafir

Although I'm in the UK, I doubt my copy will arrive till thursday. Usually for GAME shipping on the tuesday generally means arriving on the thursday. I hope I'm wrong though!

Fritz

vitacola said:
He ordered it with something different which was already available. Sometimes Amazon messes such orders up ...

So tempted to give it a shot and order Tina Fey's Bossypants now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck fuuuuck I need to be in my new apartment now so that my rent will be a hundred dollars less a month so that I can afford thiiiiiiiiis auuuuuuugh

FUUUUUU I completely forgot about this game's release. My brother is the one holding the Wii and I JUST left his place on Saturday (should have taken it with me). Meaning I won't get to play Xenoblade for months. I need to go somewhere and cry my eyes out.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
MicH said:
AWWW YEEAH!

GAME has shipped my collector's edition! Finally! (Also: haven't gotten the email yet, only the status log on the website says it).

Let the waiting begin :D

Doomstercool said:
I got the email from GAME saying it has been shipped!! Woo!

Out of curiosity, at which GAME did you guys preorder? I have my CE preordered at GAME.es and I haven't received any mail yet :(

Zafir

Dr. Ecco said:
Out of curiosity, at which GAME did you guys preorder? I have my CE preordered at GAME.es and I haven't received any mail yet :(
The UK one. I got my shipped notification this morning.

Top Bottom