• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

slaughterking said:
The third Let's Play video is online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnARvrmYBY

I only skimmed through it, so I'm not sure what it's exactly about. I saw some of the crafting, though.

The whole video is just about gem crafting.

Some choice quotes;

Sharla: I could really do with a shower right now.
TO YOU
THERE WE GO
TO YOU
TO YOU
AWESOME
ALL-RIGHTY
ALL RIGHT
ALL-RIGHTY
TO YOU
THERE WE GO
IT'S OKAY I SUPPOSE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
My 365.game.uk order shows paid, awaiting release date :(. It was picked the step before. GIT THAT SHIT ONNA PLANE!

Yay! Game just sent the delivery e-mail to me just now. Two days and the CE is mine!

Plus my wife just texted me our new Panny plasma just got to our flat. So hype!

It is 2:41pm, so it should have been travelling for a good few hours now.

I'm trying to convince my friend at GAME to steal my copy when he's at work tomorrow.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
It is 2:41pm, so it should have been travelling for a good few hours now.

I'm trying to convince my friend at GAME to steal my copy when he's at work tomorrow.

Should be on a plane for like 16hours, right? Never flown overseas, don't know the exact distance. lol

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
Should be on a plane for like 16hours, right? Never flown overseas, don't know the exact distance. lol
8 hours for the east coast, 12ish for the west coast. Though that does depend on whether it stops along the way.

Reveirg

CE edition shipped!

I think it's weird everyone mentions Baten Kaitos Origins, yet I've never really enjoyed that game... I tried playing the first 2 hours but couldn't get into it. Very slow game, but I should probably try again.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the first BK, the 3 Xenosagas, and I'm currently playing Disaster and enjoying it!

Loto

Reveirg said:
CE edition shipped!

I think it's weird everyone mentions Baten Kaitos Origins, yet I've never really enjoyed that game... I tried playing the first 2 hours but couldn't get into it. Very slow game, but I should probably try again.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the first BK, the 3 Xenosagas, and I'm currently playing Disaster and enjoying it!
Just got the email, CE otw!

Zafir

I own BK origins, imported it last year, but since I haven't completed the first one I haven't touched it yet. (Yes I do realise it's a prequel, but still)

Fritz

Yeah, you guys should probably give it another try. I always thought it was way faster than the first one and actually to have one of the fastest rpg battle systems I know of.

FatCat

My copy from theHut has been shipped, should arrive in two weeks (which is fine because I have exams before then). Can't wait to get sucked in.

Woo! I reordered off Game after my card was declined the first time and I just got an email that it has shipped. Anyone know if we get the posters that were detailed in the Nintendo press release?

Zafir

Big Papa Husker said:
Woo! I reordered off Game after my card was declined the first time and I just got an email that it has shipped. Anyone know if we get the posters that were detailed in the Nintendo press release?
No, in store only.

RPGCrazied said:
Origins is better in every way than the first BK. I say give it another try.

True.

This is a bit off topic, but it would be nice to hear an opinion from someone who played through Origins, but has no experience with the first one. I always feel like recommending Origins to people, but it's hard to say if playing through the first game affects critically on how much you get out of Origins.

I don't feel like telling people they should sit through a merely "good" game in order to play another.

Neon_Icarus said:
True.

This is a bit off topic, but it would be nice to hear an opinion from someone who played through Origins, but has no experience with the first one. I always feel like recommending Origins to people, but it's hard to say if playing through the first game affects critically on how much you get out of Origins.

I don't feel like telling people they should sit through a merely "good" game in order to play another.

From what I remember, there's a big quest in Origins that involves having a save file from EWatLO. Plus, it's not like the first one is a bad game, it's just kind of uninspired and plodding.

Regardless, it looks like they learned a lot of lessons from their earlier RPGs for Xenoblade.

Zafir

Well, I wouldn't be able to do that big quest anyway, PAL copy of the original game, hah. Suppose I could find a NTSC save somewhere.

Zwei

Finally got the shipping email from GAME, and I am now in my house like this:

aT5oK.gif

Picked up my copy at my local games store an hour ago. I am looking at the title screen right now! I'm so happy, I have tears in my eyes...

The sad thing is, that I have a movie date with my girlfriend tonight :(

AkimbO_Arcana said:
Picked up my copy at my local games store an hour ago. I am looking at the title screen right now! I'm so happy, I have tears in my eyes...

The sad thing is, that I have a movie date with my girlfriend tonight :(

What local game store, where? D:

GasProblem said:
What local game store, where? D:

2nd Reality - Hamburg, Germany

The Limited Edition only if you preordered it. The standard version you can just walk by and pick it up as I did :)

Edit: The game looks way better in motion than I was expecting from everything I've seen so far on youtube.

SecretMoblin said:
From what I remember, there's a big quest in Origins that involves having a save file from EWatLO. Plus, it's not like the first one is a bad game, it's just kind of uninspired and plodding.

Huh, I did not know this. Which quest was this?

The first one is definitely not a bad game. I did enjoy it for the most part, though I wouldn't recommend it by itself to everyone.

Neon_Icarus said:
Huh, I did not know this. Which quest was this?

The first one is definitely not a bad game. I did enjoy it for the most part, though I wouldn't recommend it by itself to everyone.

I think (I'm too lazy to check) that it's called the "Heartflask" side quest... I know you get it from that guy in the Nihal Desert in the secret cave. I remember it taking a long time but not being very difficult at all.

Twilight Princess said:
i hate you guys =( i don't want to mod my wii ;_;

I was extremely wary about doing it, too. I just installed everything a two days ago. But I followed Clipper's guide and it works wonderfully. Plus, now that I've ripped my Wii games to a hard drive, they load faster.

If your only goal is to play an import copy of a game (like me), then it's safe, as long as you follow the directions carefully. If you have any questions, you should ask Clipper on this thread. Otherwise use the guide:

Top Bottom