• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Hiltz

Lvl 90
214 hours

Tried to explore and do some quests in
Tephra Cave
but some of the monsters are guarding entrances and their too high level to attempt to fight... and why did they have to be big spiders ? Major grossness! It's creepy enough having to carefully walk around groups of sound -sensitive insects.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hiltz said:
Lvl 90
214 hours

Tried to explore and do some quests in
Tephra Cave
but some of the monsters are guarding entrances and their too high level to attempt to fight... and why did they have to be big spiders ? Major grossness! It's creepy enough having to carefully walk around groups of sound -sensitive insects.
You should be able to kill at least some of them with just one more level. Don't remember what level the spiders are since I only ran through it like once (at level ~72 or so!), but the Slobos (including the unique) are 96 IIRC.

The (near end-game spoiler)
small Telethia in Alcamoth
aren't giving 20000+ experience per kill anymore, so I'll probably graduate to something in there soon.

Also, anywhere that gives level 4 or 5 sleep resist reasonably quickly? I tried the unique in the final dungeon, but it takes too long and doesn't even seem to have a good chance of dropping a shard due to the adds that come along with him.

Oh, and thanks Man God for letting me know, wouldn't have been happy if I had missed that.

Zwei

Wiseblade said:
Melia: Don't you feel guilty making selfish requests of others?

Dotothy: Well, Excuuse me, princess!

Best. Localisation. Ever.

this convo reminds me of Chinner, oddly enough

chaosblade said:
You should be able to kill at least some of them with just one more level. Don't remember what level the spiders are since I only ran through it like once (at level ~72 or so!), but the Slobos (including the unique) are 96 IIRC.

The (near end-game spoiler)
small Telethia in Alcamoth
aren't giving 20000+ experience per kill anymore, so I'll probably graduate to something in there soon.

Also, anywhere that gives level 4 or 5 sleep resist reasonably quickly? I tried the unique in the final dungeon, but it takes too long and doesn't even seem to have a good chance of dropping a shard due to the adds that come along with him.

Oh, and thanks Man God for letting me know, wouldn't have been happy if I had missed that.
Sleep resist isn't need, you can use Debuff resist, which drops from
Deino Saurus in Makna Forest

EDIT

Oops, wrong monster, will fix soon. No, actually it's the right monster. Although I just realised your level might be too low to fight it.

Hiltz

Gvaz said:
So Hiltz, when are you gonna start on your New Game+? Lol 400+ hours eh?

Not anytime soon, that's for sure. Kinda wish I bought a guide for this game because constantly looking up info online is getting to be a chore.

Did some quests today in
Colony 6 and Frontier Village
and am back in
Alacamoth
to find some hidden item near one of the fountains on the first floor. As for
Tephra Cave
,I can handle some of the monsters there like the bunnivs, owls, and small bats and spiders. The main problem is that most of the enemies are in groups and most don't seem like they can be lured away without attracting the others nearby. Still need to find Trader's Stopper and Forgotten Cave areas.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aveyn Knight said:

EDIT

Oops, wrong monster, will fix soon. No, actually it's the right monster. Although I just realised your level might be too low to fight it.

In any area where you can fight super low level monsters near giantic beasts you can use dunban and beat the high level mob without breaking a sweat.

so after finishing Colony Six (word of advice for those who want to zip through it...you can't complete the reconstruction until literally the last room in the last dungeon) I get the final Defense quest :
fighting the Demon King Dragonia

I say yeah man, that berk is going down, my team is unstoppable. I mean, I can smash those level 85 Gogols with ease

I go there and it's
a level 99 giant demonic dragon, as seen in the title

I look at my level 84 chaps and
1288022981192.gif

fortune and glory will wait for another day

Hiltz

Anasui Kishibe said:
so after finishing Colony Six (word of advice for those who want to zip through it...you can't complete the reconstruction until literally the last room in the last dungeon) I get the final Defense quest :
fighting the Demon King Dragonia

I say yeah man, that berk is going down, my team is unstoppable. I mean, I can smash those level 85 Gogols with ease

I go there and it's
a level 99 giant demonic dragon, as seen in the title

I look at my level 84 chaps and
1288022981192.gif

fortune and glory will wait for another day

I was wondering about the lvl 5 Colony 6 stuff. Those tough unique monsters are impeding my progress as well. At least it is easier to level up if you equip all of the EXP UP gems onto a character.

By the way, what level is your party and whose in it ?

Hiltz said:
I was wondering about the lvl 5 Colony 6 stuff. Those tough unique monsters are impeding my progress as well. At least it is easier to level up if you equip all of the EXP UP gems onto a character.

By the way, what level is your party and whose in it ?

like I said, level 84. I use Shulk, Sharla and Reyn/Riki according to the Uniques I've got to fight. For example, against
Veteran Yozel
in Satori Marsh Reyn is useless because the enemy and his three adds deal too much bleeding so I need something to stack AOE DOTS and finish them off quickly, so I used Riki and was smooth sailing

What issues are you having with the Uniques for reconstruction?

Hiltz

Anasui Kishibe said:
like I said, level 84. I use Shulk, Sharla and Reyn/Riki according to the Uniques I've got to fight. For example, against
Veteran Yozel
in Satori Marsh Reyn is useless because the enemy and his three adds deal too much bleeding so I need something to stack AOE DOTS and finish them off quickly, so I used Riki and was smooth sailing

What issues are you having with the Uniques for reconstruction?

I'm currently just having problems with the uniques in Tephra Cave. I can't get the red orb item in Trader's Stopper because there's a lvl 97 gogol guarding the door. Also, there's a big spider that needs to be defeated to get an item from, but it too is equally as high. With the Reconstruction, I still need to upgrade the last section to lvl. 5 but it requires an inferno element and something else which I think are only available in the "last dungeon" location you spoke of.

Maybe I should have increased affinity for the last character. He's the only one in my party who everyone still hates and also need to upgrade his arts too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hiltz said:
I'm currently just having problems with the uniques in Tephra Cave. I can't get the red orb item in Trader's Stopper because there's a lvl 97 gogol guarding the door. Also, there's a big spider that needs to be defeated to get an item from, but it too is equally as high. With the Reconstruction, I still need to upgrade the last section to lvl. 5 but it requires an inferno element and something else which I think are only available in the "last dungeon" location you spoke of.

Maybe I should have increased affinity for the last character. He's the only one in my party who everyone still hates and also need to upgrade his arts too.

You can grind affinity insanely fast in the endgame by abusing that named monster off the Kromar Coast in Eryth Sea.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aveyn Knight said:

EDIT

Figure that would be even harder to get. At least I wouldn't have to kill 8 other enemies just to kill the monster I need to!

Another 10 levels and I can tackle that, only 83. But I know exactly what Man God is talking about, might try that and see how long it takes to take down. I'll probably need to collect some Topple and Daze Plus for that, those look like they are easy to find around Eryth Sea.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In order of importance here is the list of stuff you need to easily handle/break the endgame.

Max Affinity: Raises chain attack rate, allows for more skill links, which in turn can raise the chain attack rate.

Level Six Gems: Agility, Topple, Night Vision, Heat Sink, Ether Up, Spike Defense, Double Attack, Divine Protect/Debuff Resist. Poison/Blaze/Chill up for Riki, Electric(Poison/Blaze/Chill) for Melia.

Lancelot Armour/Glory Gauntlets/7th Character Speed V Armour:

Topple Artes at level X, Monado Armour, Shield, Purge, Cyclone also at X

Level 95-99. I really wouldn't try taking on the last two before 99 as those misses will sting.

To get all that you'll need to have Colony 6 at max, be able to beat the first three 99+ bosses and a few of the other high 90 monsters.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man God said:
In order of importance here is the list of stuff you need to easily handle/break the endgame.

Max Affinity: Raises chain attack rate, allows for more skill links, which in turn can raise the chain attack rate.

Level Six Gems: Agility, Topple, Night Vision, Heat Sink, Ether Up, Spike Defense, Double Attack, Divine Protect/Debuff Resist. Poison/Blaze/Chill up for Riki, Electric(Poison/Blaze/Chill) for Melia.

Lancelot Armour/Glory Gauntlets/7th Character Speed V Armour:

Topple Artes at level X, Monado Armour, Shield, Purge, Cyclone also at X

Level 95-99. I really wouldn't try taking on the last two before 99 as those misses will sting.

To get all that you'll need to have Colony 6 at max, be able to beat the first three 99+ bosses and a few of the other high 90 monsters.
Fortunately that's most of the stuff I've been going for. Ever since I got Monado Armor I've been dumping a lot of points into that, it's extremely useful.

Right now I'm looking into raising affinity since I still have several weak links since I never used several combinations of characters together. And I thought the Attack V armor was generally considered better than Speed V, with the exception of the body armor part since that one has a 45% haste built in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Agility is the most important stat in the game. Plus she looks awesome.

I usually give her a different headwear though (Glasses usually)

Hiltz

Is that Talent Art gem worth using on characters like Shulk? If I remember correctly, it says that it cuts a character's auto-attack damage in half, but in exchange, apparently fills up the talent art gauge faster.

Hiltz said:
Is that Talent Art gem worth using on characters like Shulk? If I remember correctly, it says that it cuts a character's auto-attack damage in half, but in exchange, apparently fills up the talent art gauge faster.
I use it whenever I need to abuse Purge on an enemy, but other than that, there are better gems that can be used.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just defeated Avalanche Abassy last night. Halfway through the battle the night turned into morning and I said "OH FUCK" when my guys started to miss miss miss due to the Night vision gems went bye-bye. My party is Shulk, Dunban, and the last character.

Somehow I managed to scrape a win though, many thanks to Shulk's Monado arts.

...And now I think I am done.

With the strongest enemy defeated, I think it's about time I take a break from the world of Xenoblade. First walkthrough: 109 hours. Second walkthrough: 115 hours. Total time: 224 hours.

It's been so much fun, although there were plenty of frustrating moments as well, hahaha.

Thanks, Monolith and NOE. Many thanks.

Gvaz

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
Just defeated Avalanche Abassy last night. Halfway through the battle the night turned into morning and I said "OH FUCK" when my guys started to miss miss miss due to the Night vision gems went bye-bye. My party is Shulk, Dunban, and the last character.

Somehow I managed to scrape a win though, many thanks to Shulk's Monado arts.

...And now I think I am done.

With the strongest enemy defeated, I think it's about time I take a break from the world of Xenoblade. First walkthrough: 109 hours. Second walkthrough: 115 hours. Total time: 224 hours.

It's been so much fun, although there were plenty of frustrating moments as well, hahaha.

Thanks, Monolith and NOE. Many thanks.
I keep thinking FF10 when I see your avatar for some reason

Nert

So I'm about 20 or so hours into this game, and holy shit, I love it. Especially after finishing FFXIII earlier this year, it's really refreshing to not only be allowed to explore vast spaces, but to also be rewarded for doing so. No other game in recent memory has made me feel so compelled to just run around and fill out zone maps. The soundtrack certainly helps with that, of course.

With the exception of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I don't see myself putting more time into anything else this year.

Anabuhabkuss said:
Just got back to the mian story after 4 hours of sidequesting. I am now at lvl 42 and just followed
melia into the tomb

quite honestly, after those 4 hours, I've nearly forgotten what the story events are going on about. too many wheels turning atm, imo. worried about burn out here.

Not much has happened by that point, but anyway,
Party follows Melia in the tomb because Shulk has a vision that she dies there. Shulk saw Melia at the top of Prison Island with him so he wants to help her out because of that too and to try to get in.
The story picks up during Prison Island.

Also, just made it to
Sword Valley
at 65 hours. Gonna do some extra quests before moving on. Pretty sure I've done 200+ at this point.

Anabuhabkuss said:
Just got back to the mian story after 4 hours of sidequesting. I am now at lvl 42 and just followed
melia into the tomb

quite honestly, after those 4 hours, I've nearly forgotten what the story events are going on about. too many wheels turning atm, imo. worried about burn out here.

That part of the plot is probably the slowest/least interesting part (it was for me) plus there's an abundance of sidequests that can knock you off track - the part following those areas though, there's more focus on story and the sidequests are throttled for a good while so it does balance out
The story after there goes insanely awesome

this is completely random, but I thought it couldve been curious

these are Xenoblade's main actors

Adam Howden - Shulk
M00091713-0111.jpg

Carina Reeves - Fiora
Carina%20Reeves.jpg

Jay Taylor - Reyn
9vWYm.jpg

Wayne Forester - Riki
wayne_forester340x225.jpg

Rufus Jones - Dunban
jones-rufus.jpg

Kellie Bright - Sharla
kellieBright.jpg

Jenna-Louise Coleman - Melia
F3E0B182-AE0A-54E2-BB2247F780B66DE2.jpg

Richard Dean And...no, Anthony May- Dixon
WdyCm.jpg

Jonathan Keeble - Xord
jonathan_keeble.jpg

Peter Bramhill -
Egil
PeterBramhill.jpg

Nicholas Boulton - Gadolt. They kind of look alike
201663.jpg

Blake Ritson - Alvis
9776598_ori.jpg

Rufus Wright - Kallian
rufus_wright_0664.JPG

Oxx

The actors did well.

I was definitely expecting a 'cheap' localisation effort when it was confirmed that Xenoblade was going to be Europe-only, but it ended-up pretty good as far as JRPG voice-acting goes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oxx said:
The actors did well.

I was definitely expecting a 'cheap' localisation effort when it was confirmed that Xenoblade was going to be Europe-only, but it ended-up pretty good as far as JRPG voice-acting goes.
Voice acting is definitely better than I expected. Can't even play with the Japanese option, maybe I'm just used to the English but a lot of the voices don't seem to match the character. Especially Dickson.

Wiseblade said:
It's all about dat Jenna-Louise.
In other pictures I saw she looked like an older version of one of those girls creepy-GAF was going on about, I wasn't impressed. She looks pretty good in the airbrushed photo above though.

Anabuhabkuss said:
Just got back to the mian story after 4 hours of sidequesting. I am now at lvl 42 and just followed melia into the tomb.

Seriously doubt that's going to be an issue once you get a little further. :D

Wiseblade

chaosblade said:
In other pictures I saw she looked like an older version of one of those girls creepy-GAF was going on about, I wasn't impressed. She looks pretty good in the airbrushed photo above though.
¬.¬

That photo does nothing for me. It just feels so artificial.

Fritz

So I am having troubles with a boss fight. I am Lv 40 and catched up with Melia in
the Highentia Tomb. I am talking about the battle against that Highentia assassin and the Telethia
. I am just getting shred to pieces.

Edit: Oh, can somebody give me some hints?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fritz said:
So I am having troubles with a boss fight. I am Lv 40 and catched up with Melia in
the Highentia Tomb. I am talking about the battle against that Highentia assassin and the Telethia
. I am just getting shred to pieces.
You probably shouldn't use Shulk for that fight due to the issues with the Monado, obviously. Don't remember if either of the enemies has a talent art they use though.

I took out the telethia first and it seems most people recommend that. Not sure what I did (beat it on my first try) but Dunban with good agility with gems+skill links if possible and high ether defense armor will probably be enough to dodge most physical attacks and take any ether damage. If you can get aggro up on Dunban for both enemies you should be set since he'll dodge a lot, and have Sharla around to heal when he does take damage. Melia is the best choice for the last character if you're using her, otherwise Riki is probably the best bet since Reyn will screw up Dunban's aggro and eat damage, thus requiring more healing.

That's just kind of off the top of my head, can't really think of anything else other than just making sure your weapons and armor are up to date, your gems are set efficiently, and you're high enough level. Don't remember what level enemies you're fighting there.

Fritz

chaosblade said:
You probably shouldn't use Shulk for that fight due to the issues with the Monado, obviously. Don't remember if either of the enemies has a talent art they use though.

I took out the telethia first and it seems most people recommend that. Not sure what I did (beat it on my first try) but Dunban with good agility with gems+skill links if possible and high ether defense armor will probably be enough to dodge most physical attacks and take any ether damage. If you can get aggro up on Dunban for both enemies you should be set since he'll dodge a lot, and have Sharla around to heal when he does take damage. Melia is the best choice for the last character if you're using her, otherwise Riki is probably the best bet since Reyn will screw up Dunban's aggro and eat damage, thus requiring more healing.

That's just kind of off the top of my head, can't really think of anything else other than just making sure your weapons and armor are up to date, your gems are set efficiently, and you're high enough level. Don't remember what level enemies you're fighting there.

Okay thanks! Will check that out. I am just not up for any grinding.

ymmv

Banned
Mauricio_Magus said:
I'm 44 hours into the game, I'm level 70... and damn this whole game has been amazing.

can't wait to play more tomorrow, maybe I'll even finish it! :)

I hope you meant to say you're 70 hours in and now level 44. (I'm level 49 after more than 80 hours and endless sidequests ...)

Gvaz

Banned
Mauricio_Magus said:
I'm 44 hours into the game, I'm level 70... and damn this whole game has been amazing.

can't wait to play more tomorrow, maybe I'll even finish it! :)
How in the fuck?

ymmv said:
I hope you meant to say you're 70 hours in and now level 44. (I'm level 49 after more than 80 hours and endless sidequests ...)

nope, 44 hours and level 70... pretty sure about it.

Gvaz said:
How in the fuck?

I haven't really done sidequests, I'm in
The Bionis Interior, after Shulk comes back to life. I actually feel like I have to grind in there cause the weakest enemy is 72 :(

I assume I'm rushing the game, but you know... I still have enjoyed it a lot.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Mauricio_Magus said:
nope, 44 hours and level 70... pretty sure about it.

I haven't really done sidequests, I'm in
The Bionis Interior, after Shulk comes back to life. I actually feel like I have to grind in there cause the weakest enemy is 72 :(

I assume I'm rushing the game, but you know... I still have enjoyed it a lot.
Enemy levels go up pretty quick from that point in the game onward, so yeah, you probably have some grinding in your future.

But you're definitely rushing the game, and I'd say you're missing out on a lot of great stuff in doing so. Just more for you to see when you eventually come back to it, right? :D

Hiltz

Managed to beat that lvl 87 lizard monster at Kromar Island last night. It put up a good fight despite being at level 91 and had two characters equipped with debuff resist gems.

Currently trying to find the last high entei emblem location at
Satorl Marsh's Sororal Statues
area by taking the elevator and jumping to a small ledge with a high entei symbol on it before reaching the top platform.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm 36 hours in at level 42 now. I stopped playing for a while, but I've picked it back up in the last week and heading into
Prison Island

Gvaz

Banned
I don't understand why you're having any trouble fighting creatures lower than your current level Hiltz, not the first time you mentioned that.

Top Bottom