• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
aett said:
I think I found a quest that I can't complete (endgame).
A mechonis in Colony 6 wants two energy aubergines, which can only be found in Mechonis Field or from trading sacred panthers (only found in Central Factory) to Bozatrox. The only aubergine I had I used in my collectopedia long ago, and I only had one sacred panther to trade, so there's no way for me to get any more.

Not a big deal, but it's gonna bug me having that one unfinished quest!
If you can't finish a quest I think it disappears from your quest log. And item trading is based on value, you should be able to trade anything of the right value for the item.

Dascu

aett said:
I think I found a quest that I can't complete (endgame).
A mechonis in Colony 6 wants two energy aubergines, which can only be found in Mechonis Field or from trading sacred panthers (only found in Central Factory) to Bozatrox. The only aubergine I had I used in my collectopedia long ago, and I only had one sacred panther to trade, so there's no way for me to get any more.

Not a big deal, but it's gonna bug me having that one unfinished quest!
I'm fairly sure that the blue item drops in Colony 6, gotten from upgrading the Special areas, can contain items from the inaccessible Mechonis areas.

Oh, and what chaosblade said.

Man, 42 hours in now, just got to the Snowy area. Won't say anything more than that :D

Liking it a lot but kinda worried I won't finish before Zelda comes out. =0

thefro

About 80 hrs in and on the final dungeon now. Decided to go past the 5th point of no return instead of finishing up all those timed sidequests in the one area (there's about 35 or so I have left). I've got a save file from before then so I'll go back there and work on those after I beat the game.

aett

There's only one item that's the right value, apparently, and it's the one that I mentioned. It's possible that there's a high level enemy drop that would work, but I don't know what it would be.

Totally forgot about the
Colony 6 collectables
. I'll keep trying my luck.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
aett said:
There's only one item that's the right value, apparently, and it's the one that I mentioned. It's possible that there's a high level enemy drop that would work, but I don't know what it would be.

Totally forgot about the
Colony 6 collectables
. I'll keep trying my luck.
The only item in the game that has a hard trade limit is the Love Source, because only one item in the game is valuable enough to trade for it. And that item happens to be a drop from the level 100+ monsters.

There should be several items you can trade for the one you're looking for, even if they might come a bit later in the game. Don't sweat it yet, try again once you've gotten some collectables from the last couple dungeons.

aett

chaosblade said:
The only item in the game that has a hard trade limit is the Love Source, because only one item in the game is valuable enough to trade for it. And that item happens to be a drop from the level 100+ monsters.

There should be several items you can trade for the one you're looking for, even if they might come a bit later in the game. Don't sweat it yet, try again once you've gotten some collectables from the last couple dungeons.

I'm at the very end of the game and have collected everything from the last dungeons, and none of the items show up on the trade list, even with the trade bonuses. For the record, the quest is called
Finding the Unfindable
, so it's SUPPOSED to be difficult to get. :)

Thanks for your help, guys, I'm just gonna keep trying to find the item (or the one I can trade it for) in
Colony 6

Dead

well not really...yet
Just found out you can warp to locations through the main menu map...28 hours in...lol

Ive been warping to the entry points of every map and moving to the previous ones every time so far from the - map -_-

Oxx

I guess the 'OMG I didn't know you could warp anywhere in the world!' realisation is Xenoblade's version of Dragon Quest IX's 'OMGI didn't know you could create three more party members!'.

aett

After running around
Colony 6
for over an hour, I finally got a
Sacred Panther that I used to trade for the last Energy Aubergine
I needed to complete the quest.

The best part is, after I did that, I got the World Hero achievement and saw that I passed 100 hours. I'm really gonna miss playing this game when I'm finished.

I asked this in the stupid questions thread, but I figure it won't hurt to ask here as well:

Am I better off playing Wii games on an SD, tube (Sony Wega/Trinitron, or whatever) TV? I have fairly mediocre HDTV/Monitor that Wii games (even in 480p with component cables and proper settings) look like shit on. As its looking like I'm going to import Xenoblade, I'm wondering whether I'd be better off playing it on this TV I found in my parents' house.

The problem with using an older CRT is the game is 16:9 only (4:3 just renders borders, making it letterboxed; its odd as some parts of the HUD seem to fit in 4:3 almost like they abandoned support partway through devlopment) which could mean the picture is very tiny.

I played through the entire game on a 22 inch monitor sitting about 6 feet away. It was more "this would look better if..." rather than "thats it. Dolphin now, crashes and bugs be damned"; I had to remember to turn sharpness down to zero though.

But really the main issue is the Wii outputting anamorphic widescreen (16:9 is 640*480 using rectangular pixels) which is why the Wii has more jaggles than it should.

Jintor

30 hours in, just got to
Frontier Village
. Game is so good. So amazingly good. I think it's going to fuck up all my exams.

Starwolf_UK said:
The problem with using an older CRT is the game is 16:9 only (4:3 just renders borders, making it letterboxed; its odd as some parts of the HUD seem to fit in 4:3 almost like they abandoned support partway through devlopment) which could mean the picture is very tiny.

I played through the entire game on a 22 inch monitor sitting about 6 feet away. It was more "this would look better if..." rather than "thats it. Dolphin now, crashes and bugs be damned"; I had to remember to turn sharpness down to zero though.

But really the main issue is the Wii outputting anamorphic widescreen (16:9 is 640*480 using rectangular pixels) which is why the Wii has more jaggles than it should.

Damn, that's very disappointing. I just know that on this SDTV the image itself will be a great deal sharper, so that may be a worth having to deal with letterboxing.

Any strategies or level recommendations to beating the Breezy Xolos? I'm level 36, and I die without ever inflicting much damage on him. I only have Shulk, Sharla, Dunban, and Reyn right now. Should I wait until I get another character to do this quest?

Jintor

If we're looking for tips, that Ignas king holed up in the Exile Fortress in the swamp is giving me hell. He does an average of 500-600 damage per-hit, keeps doing double-hits, and that's just his autoattack. I can easily take down his cadre of guards but he hits like a goddamn truck.

Let's not lose our heads though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
PigSpeakers said:
Any strategies or level recommendations to beating the Breezy Xolos? I'm level 36, and I die without ever inflicting much damage on him. I only have Shulk, Sharla, Dunban, and Reyn right now. Should I wait until I get another character to do this quest?

If you do not want to overpower him by leveling, the only way to win is using Monado Purge as much as you possibly can, so do not leave Shulk to the AI but make him the lead. Sharla is a must if you wish to have a battle of attrition against him.

Also, just a reminder: lure the Breezy Xolos away from its first original location before you fight it. If you cannot defeat it fast enough, you WILL have a level 90-ish T-Rex joining in the fight since the original location of Breezy Xolos is on the T-Rex's patrolling path.

So does anyone play this on Dolphin (sorry, I don't want to look through the entire thread to find out)?

I imported this, and am wanting to play it, but my Wii is hideous in HD (obviously), and have been looking into playing this on Dolphin with my new computer that should be built by Friday.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Mana Legend said:
So does anyone play this on Dolphin (sorry, I don't want to look through the entire thread to find out)?

I imported this, and am wanting to play it, but my Wii is hideous in HD (obviously), and have been looking into playing this on Dolphin with my new computer that should be built by Friday.

It's GAF... of course a lot of people was/is/will be playing it in Dolphin.

I am all over that!

I've got it!

All righty!

There we go!

Whoo!

To me!

To you!

To me!

To you!

To me!

To you!

To me!

Whoo!

Nice one! Thanks a lot!

Jimmy Stav said:
Damn, that's very disappointing. I just know that on this SDTV the image itself will be a great deal sharper, so that may be a worth having to deal with letterboxing.
Another thing to be wary of: On my old (PAL) CRT TV, the game had pretty severe flickering issues to the extent that I couldn't stand to play very long, it seemed especially bad with text. Not sure why that is, if it has to do with interlacing, I thought SDTVs sort of needed an interlaced signal. Or maybe the game always outputs in progressive scan, which older TVs can't deal with? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I ended up upgrading to an HDTV because of this.

P.S.: F-f-f-freezinate!!!!

please help (L90 spoilers)

I need to find the
emergency provisions
in the tephra cave. It's the 2nd part of some
"find the key for location X in the tephra cave"
-quest, some guy named "Dullan" gives you in
colony 6
I have the key but can't find the food. where the hell is it? I searched the entire cave like 10 times :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
iamaustrian said:
please help (L90 spoilers)

I need to find the
emergency provisions
in the tephra cave. It's the 2nd part of some
"find the key for location X in the tephra cave"
-quest, some guy named "Dullan" gives you in
colony 6
I have the key but can't find the food. where the hell is it? I searched the entire cave like 10 times :(

I am surprised you do not know this :eek:

Teleport to Tephra Cave, Villa Lake. It's behind a waterfall (Emergency Warehouse)

eFlNc.jpg

Top Bottom