• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
I have that exact same Samsung TV at my Uni flat.

Since I'm at home at the moment I'm stuck using the enormous TV in the front room, which is currently playing host to my Wii, 360 and PS2.

Nice TV, huh? Though for Wii games isn't so great sometimes. Do you have a good picture? I'm still messing around with mine. I know to keep sharpness down but thats about it.

RPGCrazied said:
Do you have a good picture? I'm still messing around with mine. I know to keep sharpness down but thats about it.

I have no idea about any of that stuff. lmao.

I'd be inclined to try getting the best picture possible to play Xenoblade though if anyone has any general Wii tips.

Seik

Banned
This hype+waiting is killing me! D:

TenaciousNorth said:
Haven't been this hyped for a Wii game in so long, hope this game doesn't disappoint. Though after seeing reviews it looks like it won't.

I agree, last Wii game that really hyped me like this was Sonic Colors and it came out like what, 8-9 months ago? I did it in two days, then Wii started collecting dust again. :(

But this will be so much more longer to complete, it will be ridiculously good.

Zafir said:
Hmm, played the next stage as well and that seems fine, going to take that as a "it works". Getting a bit sick of SSBB story levels...

Just noticed that I never redeemed my SSBB club nintendo code, hah. Should probably do it soon, runs out at the end of the year.

As for BK Origins. I heard of some problems when playing it using loaders to get round region locking as it would occasionally give errors, any idea whether that's fixed?

Sorry for not getting back to you in time. I don't know specifically what is on the extra layer, but I know that folks who have issues with their Wii reading dual layer discs will often not be able to play the SS *at all*. They just get a blank screen. So it sounds like you're probably in the clear.

Bel Marduk said:
You don't need a save from the first BK to do that quest (I should know, I did it before I played the first one).
I'm not certain, because I played the first one before Origins, but I remember a bunch of forum discussion at the time about needing a save file from EWatLO, and it's listed on GameFAQs as being necessary.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
I have no idea about any of that stuff. lmao.

I'd be inclined to try getting the best picture possible to play Xenoblade though if anyone has any general Wii tips.

I've noticed turning off Dynamic Contrast to low or off helps a lot.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
RPGCrazied said:
Post your setup your going to be rocking this game on. :)

Heres mine.

Sorry for the bright TV screen, shit cam. Wish I still had my old CRT for my Wii though. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RPGCrazied/Picture603.jpg[img][/quote]

We have similar TVs.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/GameGuy24/IMAG0003.jpg

RPGCrazied

A Human Becoming said:
We have similar TVs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/GameGuy24/IMAG0003.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, mines 32" Yours looks like 26 or 27"? Is yours 720P? Mine is, no 1080P for me. :(

Ideal size for Wii games, your is.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, mines 32" Yours looks like 26 or 27"? Is yours 720P? Mine is, no 1080P for me. :(

Ideal size for Wii games, your is.

26" and yeah, does 720P and 1080i. I hope to upgrade within the next couple years. I bought it back in 2007.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
i'll be playing on a 46" LCD. does the game have progressive scan and will it fit my whole tv? monster hunter has borders on the side.

From the Japanese import, yes, its 16x9 and progressive scan.

No bars! Still, jaggies everywhere. :( I can't imagine playing on a 46".

f5aao0.jpg

CRT! Shitty pic courtesy of 3DS camera.
I figured out why I couldn't beat Zord... I had to keep ATTACKING even after the chain-attack ended. I thought he went back to invisible mode immediately after the end of the chain attack...

RPGCrazied said:
From the Japanese import, yes, its 16x9 and progressive scan.

No bars! Still, jaggies everywhere. :( I can't imagine playing on a 46".
Monster hunter is bad lol. i need to set up usb loader to rip the game and play on pc.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just read the Eurogamer review and this game sounds amazing.

I read the OP, and read several pages so far in this thread, and still it isn't exactly clear... so sorry I have to ask:

The publisher has gone on record saying that there is no way there will ever be a North American release? Or is the publisher simply moot on the issue? Are they waiting to see what European sales are like?

Again, sorry for asking the most obvious question, but it just seems inconceivable given the quality of this title.

RPGCrazied

Lord Ghirahim said:
http://oi55.tinypic.com/f5aao0.jpg[IMG]
CRT! Shitty pic courtesy of 3DS camera.
[spoiler]I figured out why I couldn't beat Zord... I had to keep ATTACKING even after the chain-attack ended. I thought he went back to invisible mode immediately after the end of the chain attack...[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Nice. Bet it looks great. It looks awesome on mine, until I move and its in motion. :P

Aeana

Twilight Princess said:
Aeana you've played the game in japanese, right? i remember you weren't very impressed with it?
Xenoblade? Yes, I played it. And no, please don't misunderstand. I liked the game, it's quite good - I just feel like people have been letting the hype go unhinged and I've been worried that their expectations can't possibly be met in some cases. I was just cautioning people to temper their expectations, is all.

Tucah

you speak so well
Just noticed that my order shipped this morning, rad. My Wii hasn't gotten any use since DKCR, I believe, poor thing. I haven't been this excited for a JRPG in a long, long time - not in an overly hyped way, just in a solid JRPG way. Hell, I haven't even played a JRPG in years (Valkyria Chronicles).

RPGCrazied

I'll try the PC thing again too. I have a nice 23" 1080p monitor, and using some antalasing this game would look glorious.

I'm sporting a 5570 HD Radeon 1gig

you? I'm sure my 6core 3.2 will be great.

anaron

Aeana said:
Xenoblade? Yes, I played it. And no, please don't misunderstand. I liked the game, it's quite good - I just feel like people have been letting the hype go unhinged and I've been worried that their expectations can't possibly be met in some cases. I was just cautioning people to temper their expectations, is all.
It's especially ringing true going from some of the responses in this thread, claiming it the "best JRPG of the generation" without actually having played it.

FlyinJ said:

I read the OP, and read several pages so far in this thread, and still it isn't exactly clear... so sorry I have to ask:

The publisher has gone on record saying that there is no way there will ever be a North American release? Or is the publisher simply moot on the issue? Are they waiting to see what European sales are like?

Again, sorry for asking the most obvious question, but it just seems inconceivable given the quality of this title.

The problem is that the publisher is Nintendo. In short: Nintendo showed the game at E3 in 2009 under the title "Monado". It wasn't at E3 2010 or 2011, and the Wii's lineup for 2011 and beyond looked very slim. Fans began wondering about several games that were released in Japan - Xenoblade Chronicles being one of them - and why we hadn't heard anything about a North American release. The fan outcry became newsworthy, and Nintendo of America released an official statement: "We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time."

So the whole thing is up in the air, but if you want to play this game your safest bet would be to import and hack your Wii, like several of us have.

Read the first post in this thread for extra details.

Zafir

FlyinJ said:

They did say they were waiting to see what the EU sales were like. Whether that'll change their minds I don't know though. They may still not bother even if it sells reasonably well.

Aeana said:
if it's just slightly better than ffxiii, i will be pleased. to be honest, i haven't played a decent jrpg in years, the last one was ffxii. (demon's souls was too dark and stressful to enjoy)

BlazingDarkness said:
Oh god, this camera man, I'm constantly fighting against it :/

Is it mapped to the right stick? Is there an option to recenter it?

If the answer to those two questions is "yes", then I'll be fine.

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
Oh god, this camera man, I'm constantly fighting against it :/
I take it you're using the wiimote then?

The camera was pretty horrible on the wiimote+nunchuck combination.

Sophia

SecretMoblin said:

Yes, it's mapped to the right stick on the classic controller. I'm certain you can probably recenter it as well; You can on the Wiimote + Nunchuck setup.

anaron said:
It's especially ringing true going from some of the responses in this thread, claiming it the "best JRPG of the generation" without actually having played it.
Whilst you're correct that hype can be a killer - I don't think any JRPG fans are going be disappointed with this.

I will point out that the "best JRPG of the generation" quotes are from reviews. Those reviewers having - you know - played the game and all.

Zafir said:
I take it you're using the wiimote then?

The camera was pretty horrible on the wiimote+nunchuck combination.
Yeah, hold C button on the left and move it around with the right directional pad, it's just not very responsive at all, I've put the setting up to fastest but it still feels a bit clumsy, oh well

Aeana

Corleth the Fey said:
Whilst you're correct that hype can be a killer - I don't think any JRPG fans are going be disappointed with this.

I will point out that the "best JRPG of the generation" quotes are from reviews. Those reviewers having - you know - played the game and all.
Oh, it's definitely been coming from people who haven't played the game. Read the Operation Rainfall thread sometime.

BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah, hold C button on the left and move it around with the right directional pad, it's just not very responsive at all, I've put the setting up to fastest but it still feels a bit clumsy, oh well
yeah bro. buy a CCPro.

Sophia

felipepl said:
So, I really like to play this in HD and with some AA... how did the japanese version ran on Dolphin?

Requires a really good PC, from all the videos I've seen on YouTube/threads on NeoGAF.

Borman

felipepl said:
So, I really like to play this in HD and with some AA... how did the japanese version ran on Dolphin?

Im hoping the Euro version runs well. Time to wait for my copy to come though :| Stupid NoA

Varion

SecretMoblin said:

Yeah, Marrshu already confirmed the right stick, and ZL centres the camera. Never tried the Wiimote but I had zero problems using the CC Pro back when I first played it.

As far as all the best RPG of generation comments go, just go in expecting to enjoy the game and you likely will. It isn't my favourite RPG of the generation, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing it nonetheless (it's pretty high up though certainly). No need to get hung up on ranking it before you've even played it.

Varion

Robobandit said:
I'll try the english dub first.. as long as battle voices can be turned off.. I believe I remember hearing about a setting for that.
There isn't one in the Japanese version at least. Don't know about the English version, I suppose they might have added it when they added the option to switch languages.

Robobandit said:
I'll try the english dub first.. as long as battle voices can be turned off.. I believe I remember hearing about a setting for that.
There is no option for that :/ And it's pretty damn annoying in both languages

Top Bottom