• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Almyn

My copy just arrived from shopto! Horray.

Now I am attempting to load in onto an 8gig USB stick, With configurable USB loader. I tried to run the disc normally, But it won't let me play without updating my wii :(

My Wii disc drive is about to collapse anyway, I'm not sure if it could play the game without spitting out errors every once in a while. HDD or USB loading is the best option.

Almyn said:

Now I am attempting to load in onto an 8gig USB stick, With configurable USB loader. I tried to run the disc normally, But it won't let me play without updating my wii :(

My Wii disc drive is about to collapse anyway, I'm not sure if it could play the game without spitting out errors every once in a while. HDD or USB loading is the best option.

I may have to go this route as well. Hopefully not but I'll see.

Would any 8 GB flash drive work, like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041Q38NK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, how much space would ripping Xenoblade and putting it on this drive take up?

Almyn

Bel Marduk said:
I may have to go this route as well. Hopefully not but I'll see.

Would any 8 GB flash drive work, like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041Q38NK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, how much space would ripping Xenoblade and putting it on this drive take up?

I'm ripping it to the USB stick at the moment. It's 6.5 gig. I've never tried loading from a USB stick before, Only a portable HDD. I've no idea if it will work as well as loading from the HDD does.

I'll update if it works or not.

Diffense

Almyn said:

My original Wii disc drive died as well and I've been in fear of sending it to Nintendo due to potential loss of save files.
I actually went and bought a second Wii only to discover afterwards that game saves with online components cannot transfer (arggh).

Now that I've committed to homebrew to play XB (I have two Wiis people, no way I'm not playing this game) I'm thinking of ways to work around the failed drive on Wii 1.
It took your post for me to realize than homebrew can probably solve my problem there as well.
Either by finding a way to transfer the saves or ripping the discs on the second Wii and bypassing the disc drive on the first one by using USB loader.
The thing is, I have quite a few VC games on the first Wii so I worry a bit about whether they could stop working.

My friend just called me to say that he can get me my copy of the CE early from GAME TODAY while he's at work!

Going into town in an hour to pick it up!

K444WSR

Hearing about all the people getting it early makes me sad. Just two more days and I'll have my CE....gonna be a long two days :sigh:

Diffense

I haven't heard a thing from game.co.uk about my order :(
The game isn't officially out yet but damn all you who are getting it early.

I don't know how much you know about RPG (I'm an expert)...

Joke aside, I'm a big RPG fan, played a lot of them, 15h in Xenoblade and this ranked in my top 3 RPG ever, and easily best RPG this gen.

Codeblue

Kjellson said:
Is it worth to buy a black CC Pro with this game? I have a normal CC but the Pro looks so much better.

I haven't played the game but a CCPro is probably worth picking up anyway if you're still using your old one at all. It's way more comfortable.

Pietepiet

GasProblem said:
I see no chance of me getting this today, or tomorrow. Stupid stores actually respecting street dates *twitches*

Try Mediamarkt tomorrow afternoon. That's where I usually pick up stuff a day before release. Gamemania and Bart Smit can also be a good bet at times.

The Mediamarkt I always buy my stuff early is the one in Utrecht. Not sure where you're at.

Zafir

Post came, and the only thing which arrived was Samurai Warriors for the 3DS, doh. Mind you since it's a box it'll be the van rather than the postwoman. Still doubt it'll arrive today though. Which is a shame.

Pietepiet said:
Try Mediamarkt tomorrow afternoon. That's where I usually pick up stuff a day before release. Gamemania and Bart Smit can also be a good bet at times.

The Mediamarkt I always buy my stuff early is the one in Utrecht. Not sure where you're at.

I have it preordered at Gamemania, they sent you a sms when you can pick it up. I'm in Delft, think the closest Mediamarkt is in Rotterdam.

Pietepiet said:

Yeah, the clerks there usually put that shit right up one or two days before release. You could also check the E-plaza next to them, they break street dates a lot too. Gamemania will always ring you up one/two day(s) before official release if you pre-ordered.

weeaboo

Also I'm going to stick with the wiimore+nunchuk controls, the camera is a little more difficult to adjust but it's more comfortable than the CCPro to me.

Fomalhaut said:
Welp, I got an e-mail from my local retailer this morning. My Xenoblade CE order was cancelled due to "circumstances beyond our control." Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Dimension Plus, I presume? Me too. :(

On the plus side, it only took me a minute to place an order at another local shop. What a relief!

vitacola said:
Still no mp3-OST news on the Nintendo DE page and still no "Versand in Kürze" :(
Yeah, it's a little frustrating how Amazon is always so random about processing their orders.
And their warehouse is barely five kilometers away from me, too. So close, yet so far.

RPGCrazied

Day 3 of the big wait! Looks like more and more are getting the game. But I don't think someone from the states in this thread has yet? Just UK or overseas folks.

I just received an email from 365games saying they won't be shipping it out until Monday. I was hoping they would get it out sooner, but I guess I can wait a little longer at this point.

Mael

RPGCrazied said:
Technically it's not suppose to be sold until the 19th. :p Have you tried your stores around you?

Fuck that, every store received it last week I'm told...They still don't want to sell it till a day or 2...

vitacola

slaughterking said:
Yeah, it's a little frustrating how Amazon is always so random about processing their orders.
And their warehouse is barely five kilometers away from me, too. So close, yet so far.
160km for me. Just a little drive on the A4 away :(

Vercimber

Just got this from 365games for those interested in the US:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR XENOBLADE CHRONICLES ORDER

We can see from our records that you have ordered Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii but are located in North America. We are a UK-based store and sell PAL games which will not work on standard North American (NTSC) consoles.

If you would like to cancel your order, please reply to this email. Otherwise we will ship your item on Monday August 22nd.

Many thanks,
The team at 365games.co.uk

Zafir said:
GAME shipped the CE yesterday.

UK retailers typically offer release day delivery so they post them early so that they arrive on time.

It just so happens that for some people they arrive earlier than expected.

jRPG

pickup58.jpg

The renaissance of the JRPG in Europe begins here! Tales of Abyss, Tales of Graces f, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, I'm ready :D

Sadly my Wii remote had a little bit of an accident, so I'm going to have to go out and buy a new one :(

RPGCrazied

Vercimber said:

We can see from our records that you have ordered Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii but are located in North America. We are a UK-based store and sell PAL games which will not work on standard North American (NTSC) consoles.

If you would like to cancel your order, please reply to this email. Otherwise we will ship your item on Monday August 22nd.

Many thanks,

Wow. I'm glad Zavvi didn't give me trouble ordering from them. They shipped no questions asked.

Someone take a pic of the reverse cover! Or did they scrap that idea?

jRPG said:
The renaissance of the JRPG in Europe begins here! Tales of Abyss, Tales of Graces f, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, I'm ready :D

Tales games have a special place in my heart so I literally can't wait for either of them.

The Last Story is also a definite purchase, but Pandora's Tower does not interest me in the slightest.

It's been so long since I've had such a long list of must buy titles.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Clever Pun said:
I just received an email from 365games saying they won't be shipping it out until Monday. I was hoping they would get it out sooner, but I guess I can wait a little longer at this point.

I got the samemail just now. Suck, but I'll just have to bear with it.

jRPG said:
Sadly my Wii remote had a little bit of an accident, so I'm going to have to go out and buy a new one :(
Battery acid leak? If its not corroded the metal connections or damaged the circuit board it might be salvagable with the right cleaning applied...well thats what I hear anyway.

mclem

Vercimber said:

Many thanks,

I have a hunch this is "We don't have enough stock yet to cover everyone, let's find an excuse to ship some later" *disguised* as "here's a helpful safeguard to you so you can make sure you're able to run the game". Perhaps I'm being unfair.

chifanpoe

RurouniZel said:
I got the samemail just now. Suck, but I'll just have to bear with it.

I just got mine as well. Stinks we have to wait a little longer at least shipping was free. Gives me a few more days to get caught up on my massive back log of games.

Zafir

CruxisMana said:
UK retailers typically offer release day delivery so they post them early so that they arrive on time.

It just so happens that for some people they arrive earlier than expected.
I realise that, didn't we have this conversation the other day? xD

I generally get stuff either the day before, or 2 days before.

Top Bottom