• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Zafir

I've been warned for ridiculous reasons on it. For example one guy was asking where to find a certain key sphere on Final Fantasy X. I said where the best place is, and my post got deleted by the mods. The posters after me, who said the exact same thing as I, didn't get deleted... Made absolutely no sense.

Fritz

wrowa said:
I'm using Prime, maybe that's the reason mine has been shipped already?

Btw. it seems like Amazon.de isn't offering the special edition anymore. They are sold out and the listing for the special edition redirects automatically to the listing for the standard edition (instead of offering mail notification for the availability of the special edition). Was it ever announced that it's going to be limited? As in "limited" and not as in "limited on paper but we are actually flooding the market"?

Mine's been shipped as well and I am not using prime.

jRPG

Starwolf_UK said:
Battery acid leak? If its not corroded the metal connections or damaged the circuit board it might be salvagable with the right cleaning applied...well thats what I hear anyway.

Yeah. I cleaned it up as much as I could, and it seems to work perfectly. I need to get a Motion+ controller for Skyward Sword anyway, so it didn't matter much if it didn't.

Need to get a component cable too >_<. I'm in blurro-vision atm. Even in blurro-vision it looks pretty stunning. Kudos to Nintendo for putting so much into the physical package. I hope physical media never dies.

RPGCrazied

I just don't understand it. If they ban here what they ban for over at gamefaqs, these forums would be barren.

I mean there is a big ass thread here that shows you in "detail" no less how to softmod your Wii.

RPGCrazied said:
I just don't understand it. If they ban here what they ban for over at gamefaqs, these forums would be barren.

I mean there is a big ass thread here that shows you in "detail" no less how to softmod your Wii.

Yup. Just stay clear from the GameFAQS forums.

I guess gamefaqs is trying to clean house..

Clearly I'm not going to be playing Xenoblade on my notebook.. processor just can't keep up.

despite being a quad, the low clock speed is an issue.. Desktop it is..

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:

They probably don't want to upset the companys. Although it's completely legal, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have made it clear they don't like people modding their consoles.

Just got an email from 365game saying "we noticed that you are in the USA, Xenoblade is a PAL game and will not work on a USA system. If you would like to cancel your pre-order, reply to this email, otherwise we will ship Xenoblade on Monday"

Haha, I wonder how many of those emails went out.

TDLink

26thletter said:
Just got an email from 365game saying "we noticed that you are in the USA, Xenoblade is a PAL game and will not work on a USA system. If you would like to cancel your pre-order, reply to this email, otherwise we will ship Xenoblade on Monday"

Haha, I wonder how many of those emails went out.

See the previous page.

RPGCrazied

Zafir said:
I don't even think it's that. The mods on gamespot itself aren't half as bad as the gamefaqs mods.

Just don't utter softmod over there, in any context, or you'll get your IP banned!

Also, I got a $1.50 charge on the card. I don't know if thats dollar conversion or a custom fee. I hope its from customs, that means its passed the border? :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If Xenoblade top tens in August in Europe, expect NoA to announce a release date for 1st quarter 2012. Just a feeling I have now.

RPGCrazied

truly101 said:
If Xenoblade top tens in August in Europe, expect NoA to announce a release date for 1st quarter 2012. Just a feeling I have now.

Unless there is some wild CE or something, I'll be passing, and I'm sure half the Americans in this thread will too.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
Just don't utter softmod over there, in any context, or you'll get your IP banned!

Also, I got a $1.50 charge on the card. I don't know if thats dollar conversion or a custom fee. I hope its from customs, that means its passed the border? :p
I find it hard to believe that it's customs. You'd be charged slightly more than that. Not to mention, how in the world would they get your card?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I wouldn't expect incredible sales numbers. It would be a nice surprise but the game didn't exactly top the charts in Japan where you'd think it would be more appealing. So while I think it will do well, I think it will do well for what it is, rather than compete with your average AAA top seller in the charts. Although that would be nice to see, fat chance.

RPGCrazied said:
Unless there is some wild CE or something, I'll be passing, and I'm sure half the Americans in this thread will too.

I certainly don't think a huge percentage of the folks who wanted the game imported it, but I think it's probably enough to lessen the sales impact over here if NoA were to publish it.

It's still baffles me, though. Why wouldn't they just sell the publishing rights to a third party? They could have easily written a contract that would allow them exclusive publishing rights in the future if it had done well over here. And that would have cost NoA next to nothing.

Gahhhhhhh now I'm angry all over again.

Alrus

Alextended said:
I wouldn't expect incredible sales numbers. It would be a nice surprise but the game didn't exactly top the charts in Japan where you'd think it would be more appealing. So while I think it will do well, I think it will do well for what it is, rather than compete with your average AAA top seller in the charts. Although that would be nice to see, fat chance.

It has a chance to top the chart in France and be close to it in Germany. There's no way it's gonna top the charts in the UK though.

MicH

Did anyone mention that Nintendo has confirmed The Last Story and Pandora's Tower for release in Europe in 2012?

Alexios

slaughterking said:
It did top the charts in Japan. :p
Only because sales of everything were low though... 80k #1 was hardly huge. Then the next week it was like 20k. Then it was off the top ten for good.

So we can assume what, 150k total as a best case scenario in its homeland? What would it have to reach in its first month to top a Europe-wide chart?

Just got back with the CE edition.

The GAME store in Newcastle had very limited numbers of posters so I was only able to get one. They literally only had 1 titans piece, 1 character piece and 3 of the games cover.

I chose the character piece since it's a nice piece of artwork whilst the titan piece isn't much and I already have the game cover on the front of both the CE box and the game case.

However, with my friends bonus I got the CE for £33 which is a bargain so I have no right to complain.

Will post pictures in a moment.

Mlatador

Banned
MicH said:
Did anyone mention that Nintendo has confirmed The Last Story and Pandora's Tower for release in Europe in 2012?

LOL!!! I just wanted to post the EXACT same thing!!! ^____^

Anyway, it's true - The Last Story and Pandoras Tower confirmed for 2012!! (at least in Europe as far as I know)

Zafir

yeah there's a few threads about that announcement. Very good news for us europeans. Makes me feel slightly better about the 3DS region locking...

Alextended said:
Only because sales of everything were low though... 80k #1 was hardly huge. Then the next week it was like 20k. Then it was off the top ten for good.

So we can assume what, 150k total as a best case scenario in its homeland? What would it have to reach in its first month to top a Europe-wide chart?
Nobody was talking about 'huge' numbers and those 80k would certainly be enough to make for some more than adequate chart positions across Europe.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
Just got back with the CE edition.

The GAME store in Newcastle had very limited numbers of posters so I was only able to get one. They literally only had 1 titans piece, 1 character piece and 3 of the games cover.

I chose the character piece since it's a nice piece of artwork whilst the titan piece isn't much and I already have the game cover on the front of both the CE box and the game case.

However, with my friends bonus I got the CE for £33 which is a bargain so I have no right to complain.

Will post pictures in a moment.

Reverse the cover please? No one has done that yet.

Alexios

Yes guys, there are threads for that...

slaughterking said:
Nobody was talking about 'huge' numbers and those 80k would certainly be enough to make for some more than adequate chart positions across Europe.
Yeah, I misread tops instead of top tens. So I was talking about not expecting "incredible sales" as I specifically said.

Zafir

CruxisMana said:
I will.

I'd like to complain that the CE box has those annoying clear stickers on that pull some of the colour off as they're removed.
I honestly just tend to leave those kind of stickers on.

This is one of the most beautiful RPGs I've ever played and the intro gets the blood going.

I wish this was on PS3 and 360 with even more enhanced graphics.

I guess dolphin will have to do.

Zafir

CruxisMana said:
You have to remove them to open it.

I could have just cut them I suppose, but nevermind.
Ah, those. Yeah, they're annoying. The 3DS box had them as well. Fortunately since the box was sort of glossy, they peeled off without taking any paint.

ronito

truly101 said:
That'd be a dumb move. Everyone that will really want to play it in the US will already have a European copy and not only that they'll be pissed they had to import on top of that. There's virtually no chance for an NA release now. And even if they did release in the NA they just told their European BU to cannibalize the NA market for the game, sales will be weak and NoA will be like "See? We told you it was a bad idea!"

Ignore the quality of the pictures, please.

wXTDs.jpg

Y2KgB.jpg

S8YfG.jpg

The poster looks amazing.

Top Bottom