• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

TDLink

Also got the 365games email. I noticed the status in "my orders" on their site is now "Processing Refund" though. Everyone else have the same thing? Should I be worried?

chifanpoe

TDLink said:
Also got the 365games email. I noticed the status in "my orders" on their site is now "Processing Refund" though. Everyone else have the same thing? Should I be worried?

Mine says the same. Not worried, just don't replay to the e-mail and it will ship on Monday.

TDLink said:

Hmm...mine says the same thing. I hope I don't have to go through the hassle of getting a refund and ordering it from somewhere else. I think I'm going to contact customer support.

RPGCrazied

Wow @ gamefaqs. They banned my ip just for saying you have to softmod your Wii in order to play this game. I gave no links or howto's in order to do it. I didn't even say search for it on google and they do this?

I've had an account over there since 2002. Just Wow. Where do I go for faqs now? ;/

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
Wow @ gamefaqs. They banned my ip just for saying you have to softmod your Wii in order to play this game. I gave no links or howto's in order to do it. I didn't even say search for it on google and they do this?

I've had an account over there since 2002. Just Wow. Where do I go for faqs now? ;/
That's interesting, since the last time I went to GameFAQs board near the release of a game, people were openly talking about pirating games.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
RPGCrazied said:

Unplug your modem and plug it back in. Most ISPs don't use static IPs and they will assign you a new one when the modem restarts. Even if your account is gone you can at least still use the site functions.

Although if you do have a static IP I guess you're screwed.

RPGCrazied

I unplugged it for 10mins, but it changed it but by 1 digit, didn't work though. I might try overnight and see what happens.

I have U-Verse.

Zafir

Aeana said:
That's interesting, since the last time I went to GameFAQs board near the release of a game, people were openly talking about pirating games.
Really? In the threads I've seen, people jump and cry that the topic creator is a pirate without even getting the facts straight. Like for example if loaders have a problem with a certain game, people always seem to assume that means that the person is a pirate, and not actually just using the loader to get around region locking.

Mael

Zafir said:
Really? In the threads I've seen, people jump and cry that the topic creator is a pirate without even getting the facts straight. Like for example if loaders have a problem with a certain game, people always seem to assume that means that the person is a pirate, and not actually just using the loader to get around region locking.
Am I ever so glad I left that place....

Aeana

Zafir said:
Sounds like things have changed. I haven't been there for much in a while. Not since the PS2 was popular.

Although I do remember when DQ5 DS came out in Japan, there were tons and tons of threads about people not being able to get past the ship at the start, which was the game's method of copy protection. Sooo many people were posting about that problem; I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Zafir

Course it is. There's also programs you can use to hide your IP address too, that'll probably get round it as well.

RPGCrazied said:
Any other site that has faqs/walkthrus for games? I really don't mind not even bothering and using somewhere else.
You can't even view the page? That doesn't make sense. Clear your cache and try again. The banning should only be for logging in.

RPGCrazied

Dang. That was easy. Using a proxy now. I guess I dare not log into my account huh? Though I think I did nothing wrong.

But using a proxy I can't post on neogaf.

wrowa

Neo C. said:
Amazon DE as well, mine isn't shipped yet. :(
I'm using Prime, maybe that's the reason mine has been shipped already?

Btw. it seems like Amazon.de isn't offering the special edition anymore. They are sold out and the listing for the special edition redirects automatically to the listing for the standard edition (instead of offering mail notification for the availability of the special edition). Was it ever announced that it's going to be limited? As in "limited" and not as in "limited on paper but we are actually flooding the market"?

Mael

RPGCrazied said:
Dang. That was easy. Using a proxy now. I guess I dare not log into my account huh? Though I think I did nothing wrong.

But using a proxy I can't post on neogaf.

Huh you can't view it at all if you're banned there?

Sadist

DAMNIT

My store just canceled my pre-order because of some issues. Fuck that sucks. Guess I'll need to go to GameMania (ugh) as my only hope.

RPGCrazied

I guess using a proxy changes your ip to something else, but it won't let me post here while using it, but I can view gamefaqs now.

RPGCrazied

This is the error I get.

You are trying to use a node of the CoDeeN CDN Network. Your IP address is not recognized as a valid PlanetLab address, so your access to CoDeeN does not include all HTTP types.

The hell?

RPGCrazied said:
This is the error I get.

You are trying to use a node of the CoDeeN CDN Network. Your IP address is not recognized as a valid PlanetLab address, so your access to CoDeeN does not include all HTTP types.

The hell?
oh. don't use codeen proxy. they tend to not work in most places.

bubnbob

Banned
There are many other sites out there. I just posted an example.

If you have FireFox, look into "FoxyProxy"

I'm sure there's a Chrome equivilant too.

NoE's decision to confirm The Last Story and Pandora's Tower two days before Xenoblade's release is interesting. I guess they are happy with Xenoblade's pre-order sales.

Alrus

Lord Ghirahim said:
NoE's decision to confirm The Last Story and Pandora's Tower two days before Xenoblade's release is interesting. I guess they are happy with Xenoblade's pre-order sales.

I'd say it's more because of Gamescom :)

wrowa said:
Was it ever announced that it's going to be limited? As in "limited" and not as in "limited on paper but we are actually flooding the market"?
All editions are limited technically speaking but IIRC the NOE PR said while stocks last for the CC Pro bundle. IIRC it was reported that France got 8000 copies of it.

Plus usally, how these sorts of editions work is you get one of the limited edition for every x of the standard edition you order. Which can be problematic when the limited edition is more popyular than the regular edition.

FreeMufasa said:
I chose free delivery on Amazon. When can I likely expect to get it? I'm thinking Monday.
Depends on where you live. If the dispatch is Thursday you might get it Friday or Saturday. Then again my recent experiance is whenever Ace Attorney Investigations came out...and I can not remember if that was Friday or Saturday to be honest (I can remember before that; Let's Tap was Friday).

Lord Ghirahim said:

Honestly, Nintendo of Europe has kept a steady stream of information and confirmation going; even if they've screwed up some of the details (like XC posters), they're constantly giving out new info on upcoming games. They really are on the ball.

Xenoblade was the one I really, really wanted, but I'm definitely going to import The Last Story and maybe Pandora's Tower as well.

Plus, I'm continuing to learn Japanese. Sadly, I think it's probably better to hope for region-free consoles in the future than English-localized Japanese games.

chifanpoe said:
What, how is it not going to work? They are shipping it on Monday.

Just to follow up - I confirmed with support that they will ship it as soon as they get them as long as you don't explicitly tell them to cancel the order, so you can safely ignore the "Processing Refund" status it currently has on the site.

TDLink

Clever Pun said:
Just to follow up - I confirmed with support that they will ship it as soon as they get them as long as you don't explicitly tell them to cancel the order, so you can safely ignore the "Processing Refund" status it currently has on the site.

Great. Thanks for contacting them and getting an answer.

MicH

Just went back to Vesperia in hopes of completing it before Xenoblade arrives. Currently in the last third of the game. Just discovered the
elemental spirits. Got both Belius/Undine and Phaeroh/Efreet.
Such a great game.

chifanpoe

Clever Pun said:

Thanks for the follow-up!

Boogybro

RPGCrazied said:
I guess using a proxy changes your ip to something else, but it won't let me post here while using it, but I can view gamefaqs now.

The place ain't even worth viewing, dawg. Anything you want from there you could probably find on youtube anyway.

Top Bottom