• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Vercimber

Clever Pun said:
Just to follow up - I confirmed with support that they will ship it as soon as they get them as long as you don't explicitly tell them to cancel the order, so you can safely ignore the "Processing Refund" status it currently has on the site.

I appreciate this, CP. Thanks.

ronito said:
That'd be a dumb move. Everyone that will really want to play it in the US will already have a European copy and not only that they'll be pissed they had to import on top of that. There's virtually no chance for an NA release now. And even if they did release in the NA they just told their European BU to cannibalize the NA market for the game, sales will be weak and NoA will be like "See? We told you it was a bad idea!"
Ya Xenoblade is a lost cause at this point. Though if Xenoblade does well I think we will see The Last Story over here in NA.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
Ignore the quality of the pictures, please.

http://i.imgur.com/wXTDs.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Y2KgB.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/S8YfG.jpg[img]

The poster looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

Nice, how does the manual look?

ronito

Shalashaska161 said:
Ya Xenoblade is a lost cause at this point. Though if Xenoblade does well I think we will see The Last Story over here in NA.
Yeah there's still a chance for Last Story. But I'd say Xenoblade NA release is dead.

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
Amazing.

Inside the game box there's a full colour English manual, but inside the CE box there's another full colour manual for all the Europe languages.

How many pages is the one in the case?

CruxisMana said:
The GAME store in Newcastle had very limited numbers of posters so I was only able to get one. They literally only had 1 titans piece, 1 character piece and 3 of the games cover.
Now we know why no online orders got them. Wonder if NOE under estimated the posters popularity. Then again its probably under-produced in general.

ronito said:
That'd be a dumb move. Everyone that will really want to play it in the US will already have a European copy and not only that they'll be pissed they had to import on top of that.
You would think so but last I checked OP Rainfall was advising people not to import (their reason was getting a second Wii was expensive and if you modded your Wii Nintendo wouldn't repair it) but instead write letters to Iwata (still addressed to the NOA HQ so it will work just as well as letters to Santa, I mean Reggie) and also to buy FF1 on VC as that shows there is an RPG market apparently...

Plus on some other places people are like "Europes we're countings on you, you betters nots ruins this" and seem to be disgusted when you even suggest they import it and come up with all sorts of excuses about why they can't.

RPGCrazied said:
Character bios? About the world?

Unfortunately, not.

It just explains the controls and all of the games different features and how they work.

However, it does go into a far amount of depth detailing all of the games different systems etc.

bubnbob

Banned
I dunno if anyone knows this right yet, but around Colony 9 there is a unique monster. Veritas Hufflepuff or something. It's one of the first uniques you can fight. When you initiate combat, the music was awesome.

What track is this, and provide a youtube so I can re-enact this moment.

RPGCrazied said:
Character bios? About the world?

Yes I love manuals. :) Specially jRPG ones!
not bathroom material from what i heard.

i consider this the 4th day since ASDA shipped since BlazingDarkness got his 2-5 days and it was second day when it dropped off to him. lol.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
not bathroom material from what i heard.

i consider this the 4th day since ASDA shipped since BlazingDarkness got his 2-5 days and it was second day. lol.

Aww :( Well, least its in color.

RPGCrazied

Not having a tracking # is annoying. Having no idea where it is, or how close it is. I know it was shipped on Monday, cause that is when I was charged for $48 and the same day got a $1.50 charge.

Zafir

Welcome to the world of importing. I import tonnes and I've rarely ever gotten a tracking number that works. USPS tracking only works nationally, so it just continues to say "Shipping Info Recieved" even when you've received it.

Mudo

Any word on how the game runs in Dolphin? My man just built a new computer that has a 6 Core AMD 3.4 (or something like that) and 2 ATI 6970 cards in it and 16 gigs of Ram - is that enough to run it without slowdown? I know on my old computer we tried some games I own and they ran OK but had some slowdown/glitches so I decided not to play them using it. But wow, if this can be run hi-res in Dolphin it will look incredible.

RPGCrazied

Pretty soon, mostly everyone will have their copy, while I wait ages for mine to cross the pond. :( Maybe a new Lets Play video will be today. That would be nice.

RPGCrazied said:
Pretty soon, mostly everyone will have their copy, while I wait ages for mine to cross the pond. :( Maybe a new Lets Play video will be today. That would be nice.
I'm worried for you, what if after all the hype you don't like the game lol

RPGCrazied

TenaciousNorth said:
I'm worried for you, what if after all the hype you don't like the game lol

I do like it. What little I played of the Japanese import ages ago. I've listened to the full soundtrack before, all the screens and videos look lovely. I don't think its possible for me to not like the game.

chris-013

Mudo said:
Any word on how the game runs in Dolphin? My man just built a new computer that has a 6 Core AMD 3.4 (or something like that) and 2 ATI 6970 cards in it and 16 gigs of Ram - is that enough to run it without slowdown? I know on my old computer we tried some games I own and they ran OK but had some slowdown/glitches so I decided not to play them using it. But wow, if this can be run hi-res in Dolphin it will look incredible.

Overkill !

Diffense

RPGCrazied said:

You're not alone. I have not even gotten a 'shipped' notification from GAME.
I only assume it's shipp(ed/ing) because I was charged.

RPGCrazied

Diffense said:
You're not alone. I have not even gotten a 'shipped' notification from GAME.
I only assume it's shipp(ed/ing) because I was charged.

If you were charged, not pending, then yes it has to be shipped. They can't charge you without sending out your product.

I did get an email confirmation on mine though, though I went with Zavvi. Just cause it was the cheapest.

Diffense

RPGCrazied said:
If you were charged, not pending, then yes it has to be shipped. They can't charge you without sending out your product.

I did get an email confirmation on mine though, though I went with Zavvi. Just cause it was the cheapest.

K. I went with GAME based on the good things people said about their service.
I am slightly nervous that I ordered over the phone..hope the shipping info is all correct.
*crosses fingers*

Reknoc

bubnbob said:
I dunno if anyone knows this right yet, but around Colony 9 there is a unique monster. Veritas Hufflepuff or something. It's one of the first uniques you can fight. When you initiate combat, the music was awesome.

What track is this, and provide a youtube so I can re-enact this moment.

Is it a particularly good finder?

RPGCrazied said:
i won't tell you when i get my copy until you get yours. i'll just secretly play it.

RPGCrazied said:
Aren't you kind. ;D

We should get ours around the same time I think.
you sure? ASDA shipped theirs out early since last friday i think lol. but they could have held it for this monday to ship out overseas. so yeah. you're probably right. but i'm still hoping for a friday delivery.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
you sure? ASDA shipped theirs out early since last friday i think lol. but they could have held it for this monday to ship out overseas. so yeah. you're probably right. but i'm still hoping for a friday delivery.

When were you charged? I don't know if UK mail works weekends or not. Mine was shipped Monday, so yours is one day ahead of mine?

RPGCrazied said:
When were you charged? I don't know if UK mail works weekends or not. Mine was shipped Monday, so yours is one day ahead of mine?
BlazingDarkness Bought it. I think he got charged end of last week. unsure.

ronito

Starwolf_UK said:
You would think so but last I checked OP Rainfall was advising people not to import (their reason was getting a second Wii was expensive and if you modded your Wii Nintendo wouldn't repair it) but instead write letters to Iwata (still addressed to the NOA HQ so it will work just as well as letters to Santa, I mean Reggie) and also to buy FF1 on VC as that shows there is an RPG market apparently...

Plus on some other places people are like "Europes we're countings on you, you betters nots ruins this" and seem to be disgusted when you even suggest they import it and come up with all sorts of excuses about why they can't.
Yeah well, if you ran business strategy by fanboy demand you'd be broke in a year.

Diffense

ronito said:
Yeah well, if you ran business strategy by fanboy demand you'd be broke in a year.

OpRainfall has been a failure ever since Nintendo confirmed 'no plans' to release.
The preorder campaign wasn't a bad idea but ultimately held little water since you could preoder without paying.

So if they're discouraging importation while *still* hoping to change Nintendo's mind on the matter I think they're doing the game a disservice.
But movements can be like that; they often want to exist for their own sakes.

Lucentto

Banned
My copy from game.co.uk shipped, surprised it didn't have any trouble getting through. I still need to mod my Wii, luckily that letterbomb method showed up.

A friend is asking me if it will be registered if he registers the CE to get the artbook before the 19th.

He fears that it would not be taken into account.

Any info on the matter ?

Peff

WRDJQ.jpg

Yay! Pretty cheap too.

JonStark said:
A friend is asking me if it will be registered if he registers the CE to get the artbook before the 19th.

He fears that it would not be taken into account.

Any info on the matter ?

It's usually not even allowed until the day itself. I'll try registering the code later but it should show as invalid until Friday.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems you can register the game... I don't think think there would be any problems, but I can't say for sure. Seems odd that they'd let you register if it won't count.

Top Bottom