• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

TDLink

Found this posted on gamefaqs; the guy's account is "365games" and is likely legit:
Hi all,

I am an official rep from 365games.co.uk.

Just to clarify the situation with Xenoblade... Our stock is due to arrive tomorrow however we have had a few of orders from North America which we have put on hold (unfortunately this has updated the website to say "processing refund", this is not the case as we will only refund people who explicitly ask us to). With this being a PAL game, it won't play on native NTSC consoles and so we have emailed everyone who has ordered it just awaiting for confirmation that they do in fact want the game.

If you're happy with a PAL version of the game, we will send it out to you no problems :)

Cheers,

Rob
365games.co.uk

RPGCrazied

Man, I just can't stop watching the opening cutscene battle. If the whole game has cutscenes like this, my eyes will bleed with awesomeness.

Halfmunch

Just saw two nice emails from GAME, reduced selling price of Xenoblade Chronicles to 29.99 GBP, and your order will be dispatched in time to reach you for the day of release!

can't wait!~

Aeana

Man, what a buncha jokers.

What I've heard of the English voices is actually much less annoying than the Japanese ones.

weeaboo

Well this is a surprise, besides the huge open world fields the caves and "dungeons" are also very well designed. This game is so good <3

RPGCrazied

weeaboo said:
Well this is a surprise, besides the huge open world fields the caves and "dungeons" are also very well designed. This game is so good <3

Someone told me it has quite a lot of "zones"(areas) in the game.

Halfmunch said:
Just saw two nice emails from GAME, reduced selling price of Xenoblade Chronicles to 29.99 GBP, and your order will be dispatched in time to reach you for the day of release!

can't wait!~

Suddenly the pack with the controller I've ordered seems like a total rip-off. £20 for a classic controller. Cheers Game :/

Played an hour so far, i'm reveling in the classy British voices, though it can seem kind of weird coming out of the mouth of some chap who looks like Hulk Hogan...

LProtag

I'm still debating on if I'll use English or Japanese. The fact that there's the ability to pick for once kinda makes me want to go with the Japanese voices, even if the English ones are good.

Zafir

Really the posters should have been included for everyone in the CE. Ridiculous that they weren't considering the price.

Peff

So far so good! The beginning of the game is surprisingly to the point despite how dense the game seems to be with plenty of subsystems/achievements/etc, which is nice. It definitely looks like it's a meaty game, plus the dub is good so far even if the battle quotes are a bit grating. I guess they'll turn into background noise eventually. Can't wait to play with more time to spare.

Also, Aeana, do you remember if this is one of those games where the loot is better left unsold? The tutorials made it seem like there's no other use for it, but a couple of sidequests are already asking for enemy materials. Is this common later on?

Reveirg

It's fair to say I haven't been this hyped about a game since...FFXIII I guess...and FFXII before it! I can't stop listening to the soundtrack.

At least El Shaddai is keeping me busy, I strongly recommend that game to everyone... it's a shame it'll end up being so overlooked. Now I'm just worried that Xenoblade's visuals are going to look ordinary after the fantastic visual experience that El Shaddai offers.

Between these two games and Catherine, this is turning out to be one really nice summer for gaming. With Dark Souls, FFXIII-2, Tales of Graces F, Tales of Xillia, ICO/SOTC HD, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower all coming relatively soon, is it too son to speak about a Japanese gaming revival? Things are looking great at least.

My order on 365game went from "paid, awaiting release date" to "processing refund". Hope this is just some weird error, but I sent them an email to see what's going on. Did any other importers use 365game, and if so are you having any problems.

Aeana

Peff said:
So far so good! The beginning of the game is surprisingly to the point despite how dense the game seems to be with plenty of subsystems/achievements/etc, which is nice. It definitely looks like it's a meaty game, plus the dub is good so far even if the battle quotes are a bit grating. I guess they'll turn into background noise eventually. Can't wait to play with more time to spare.

Also, Aeana, do you remember if this is one of those games where the loot is better left unsold? The tutorials made it seem like there's no other use for it, but a couple of sidequests are already asking for enemy materials. Is this common later on?
Some of the loot is used for quests, yeah. If you're low on money, selling loot isn't a big problem because it's not like you can't get the stuff back, especially since the named townspeople often have some of the stuff available if you choose to trade with them. Although, that's the other thing. Some of the loot, especially the collection items, are worth quite a lot of money and can be used in townsperson trades for good stuff later on. (The way the trade system works, you can trade for an item using an item that's worth equal or greater value than what you want.) But again, it's not like the loot is hard to find. It's all over the field.

Zafir

By the way, to those who've played it. People have been saying it's a lot like XII. I didn't like XII for a few reasons, battle system was one but since I played the japanese version I already know I like Xenoblades battle system more, however the main reason was the pacing. How does the pacing of the main story cope with the size of the map? Basically does it have the same problem of having to go through 5 big areas to get to the next plot point?

Question for those playing or who have already played:

Is there a bottomless inventory, or do you have to manage/sell items to make room?

I've always hated having to sell things I fear I might need in the future.

Aeana

SecretMoblin said:
Question for those playing or who have already played:

Is there a bottomless inventory, or do you have to manage/sell items to make room?

I've always hated having to sell things I fear I might need in the future.
The inventory is not bottomless, no. It can become an issue later in the game.
But selling stuff usually isn't too bad because of the fast travel system in the game.

Reveirg

Peff said:
the battle quotes are a bit grating. I guess they'll turn into background noise eventually.

There's been contradictory reports about this : can we adjust the voice volume?? Is it the same volume for battle and cutscene voices?

My order with 365games says "Processing Refund" on the website but I haven't gotten any email yet. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I'm so excited for this game.

Peff

Some of the loot is used for quests, yeah. If you're low on money, selling loot isn't a big problem because it's not like you can't get the stuff back, especially since the named townspeople often have some of the stuff available if you choose to trade with them. Although, that's the other thing. Some of the loot, especially the collection items, are worth quite a lot of money and can be used in townsperson trades for good stuff later on. (The way the trade system works, you can trade for an item using an item that's worth equal or greater value than what you want.) But again, it's not like the loot is hard to find. It's all over the field.

I see, I won't worry too much about it then. Thanks!

There's been contradictory reports about this : can we adjust the voice volume?? Is it the same volume for battle and cutscene voices?

Hm, let me check.

TDLink

hosannainexcelsis said:
My order with 365games says "Processing Refund" on the website but I haven't gotten any email yet. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I'm so excited for this game.

I swear, people don't even read this topic, just post in it. Look on the previous page...or even a few posts up.

Reveirg said:

No different volumes.. battle voices are there to stay.. unless you cut off voices altogether..

CoolS

played the beginning, about 45 minutes. Man I already really like it.

One question for the other guys who already have it though:
Is it normal that the menus take some time to load? For example if I go into the character screen and then to the equipment screen, I'm staring at least a second at the background before the equipment menu comes up.

Peff

I can't see any volume sliders at all...

EDIT: Yes, because it's a DL-DVD.

EDIT2: Or not! But yeah, don't worry.

Aeana

CoolS said:
played the beginning, about 45 minutes. Man I already really like it.

One question for the other guys who already have it though:
Is it normal that the menus take some time to load? For example if I go into the character screen and then to the equipment screen, I'm staring at least a second at the background before the equipment menu comes up.
Yes, it does that even from the hard drive.

Diffense

InsertNameHere said:
I'm still debating on if I'll use English or Japanese. The fact that there's the ability to pick for once kinda makes me want to go with the Japanese voices, even if the English ones are good.

When I was watching playthroughs of the Japanese version I got used to the voices.
(Liked how Fiorung said 'Shuruku!'...for some reason that stuck with me...lol)
But I quite like the english voices too so I'm facing the dilemma of what to choose as well.
And my knowledge of Japanese ends at "Arigato Gozaimasu" so I will not be able to understand anything that's not subtitled (like battle gab).
So I'll probably choose English and peek on someone else playing in Japanese.

TDLink said:
I swear, people don't even read this topic, just post in it. Look on the previous page...or even a few posts up.

I read your earlier post; it was that that made me concerned because of the phrase "we have emailed everyone who has ordered it just awaiting for confirmation that they do in fact want the game." I was wondering if I needed to specifically email them confirmation for them to mail Xenoblade out, but I'll wait and see for now.

Reveirg

Robobandit said:
No different volumes.. battle voices are there to stay.. unless you cut off voices altogether..

But is there a volume at all to control both? I wouldn't mind the cutscenes' voices to be lower if it means I can enjoy the battle music without annoying voices overpowering them.

TDLink

Zwei said:
So, it appears 365Games are causing importers the most trouble?

Not really problems, just a bit longer till they ship it. Their customer service's response on the matter so quickly is pretty telling though and reminds me why I went with them.

hosannainexcelsis said:
I read your earlier post; it was that that made me concerned because of the phrase "we have emailed everyone who has ordered it just awaiting for confirmation that they do in fact want the game." I was wondering if I needed to specifically email them confirmation for them to mail Xenoblade out, but I'll wait and see for now.

No, you don't need to e-mail them. You only need to e-mail them if you want it cancelled, otherwise you will get a copy shipped to you on Monday.

Aeana

Reveirg said:
But is there a volume at all to control both? I wouldn't mind the cutscenes' voices to be lower if it means I can enjoy the battle music without annoying voices overpowering them.
It's been a while but I don't think you can even turn voices off, let alone change volumes.

LProtag

Mannnn I think the spoilers I stumbled across are some of the biggest ones.

At least I'm the kind of person that still enjoys knowing how things play out even if I know what's going to happen. Anyone want to tell me if these are basically the biggest spoilers of the plot?

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME

Shulk is dead and being possessed apparently, I know the identity of the final boss (though just his name I have no idea his place in the plot), and apparently the human god-person is a jerk.

I'd appreciate it if someone could clear that up. Hopefully I can put it in the back of my mind while playing.

Duderz

Banned
If it helps anyone, I just got an email from 365games saying that they recognize that I'm from NA, and unless I tell them not to they will ship the game out on August 22nd.

Top Bottom