• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

No problem.

Does the backside of the original cover have anything? Like a couple screens and a short synopsis on the story? Or is the full thing just art?

bubnbob

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Mannnn I think the spoilers I stumbled across are some of the biggest ones.

At least I'm the kind of person that still enjoys knowing how things play out even if I know what's going to happen. Anyone want to tell me if these are basically the biggest spoilers of the plot?

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME

I'd appreciate it if someone could clear that up. Hopefully I can put it in the back of my mind while playing.

Why would anyone want to confirm/deny that? Go away with this... stop reading. Now

LProtag

bubnbob said:
Why would anyone want to confirm/deny that? Go away with this... stop reading. Now

Because I know it's true, I'm just asking if it's the huge bulk of the plot or if I have more to see. I'm just curious, jeeze. I've resigned myself to the fact that youtube comments and the such have spoiled me. I'd just like to know. I'm going to enjoy the game either way.

Reveirg said:
But is there a volume at all to control both? I wouldn't mind the cutscenes' voices to be lower if it means I can enjoy the battle music without annoying voices overpowering them.
The only option is to change the dub language, you can't turn them down/off at all

RPGCrazied said:
No problem.

Does the backside of the original cover have anything? Like a couple screens and a short synopsis on the story? Or is the full thing just art?
The back is really sloppily put together IMO, there's a few images and tiny amount of text crammed together in the top half and then a big blank space in the bottom half of the cover, really weird

Boney

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Because I know it's true, I'm just asking if it's the huge bulk of the plot or if I have more to see. I'm just curious, jeeze. I've resigned myself to the fact that youtube comments and the such have spoiled me. I'd just like to know. I'm going to enjoy the game either way.
Spoiler tags are there for a reason

RPGCrazied

BlazingDarkness said:
The back is really sloppily put together IMO, there's a few images and tiny amount of text crammed together in the top half and then a big blank space in the bottom half of the cover, really weird

Can you take a picture? xD

Odd question, but does the cover of the actual game box inside the special edition have that awful USK logo plastered over it ala. the outer cardboard box?

LProtag

Okay, good. I thought I gave a fair enough warning that it was a question for someone who's already beaten it. Not sure why people are getting so upset.

RPGCrazied

It's a forum. :p

Got to have those types that get mad over everything. I spoiled the first half of the game, I watched the first 10mins of the game. Hope to keep it that way. I also played a couple hours of the Japanese import, but had no clue what was really going on.

LProtag

RPGCrazied said:
It's a forum. :p

Got to have those types that get mad over everything. I spoiled the first half of the game, I watched the first 10mins of the game. Hope to keep it that way. I also played a couple hours of the Japanese import, but had no clue what was really going on.

Right. It's just my curiosity getting the best of me. I don't know any details, so I'm fine with the fact that I got some plot elements exposed, in fact, I'm really interested to see how it works. If I go off looking to see if I've gotten like, completely everything spoiled, then I'll clearly get completely everything spoiled because I have to wade through all the spoilers. I thought this would be the easiest way. Shrug.

InsertNameHere said:
Right. It's just my curiosity getting the best of me. I don't know any details, so I'm fine with the fact that I got some plot elements exposed, in fact, I'm really interested to see how it works. If I go off looking to see if I've gotten like, completely everything spoiled, then I'll clearly get completely everything spoiled because I have to wade through all the spoilers. I thought this would be the easiest way. Shrug.

Is it going to change whether or not you play the game depending on whether or not a potential spoiler you read was true?

If not, then why not just play the game and find out for yourself :)

CoolS

Good god, I won't go near any youtube videos anymore now that I have the game. All I know so far is that Shulk will end up with the Monado for some reason :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I still haven't played nearly any of my backlog, but since Xenoblade looks like it's not coming out here I guess I'll import.

Zornica

Banned
InsertNameHere said:

yes, most of what you wrote is true, but it doesn't matter if you know this before playing. even noe put it in their teaser trailers :p. just dont think about it!

LProtag

Robobandit said:
Is it going to change whether or not you play the game depending on whether or not a potential spoiler you read was true?

If not, then why not just play the game and find out for yourself :)

No, no, I basically confirmed they're true. I just want to know if there's more to discover or not. I'm an inquisitive person and I know my curiosity will build more and I might spoil more if I go searching for answers, which I might. That's just how I work.

Man, I didn't realize everyone would make a big deal about this. I just figured people would ignore it unless they could answer my question. Haha.

RPGCrazied

Trojita said:
I still haven't played nearly any of my backlog, but since Xenoblade looks like it's not coming out here I guess I'll import.

I did Zavvi. Cheap, already shipped, no nagging questions, or running out of stock. I don't know what its like now though.

Nix

Banned
CoolS said:
Good god, I won't go near any youtube videos anymore now that I have the game. All I know so far is that Shulk will end up with the Monado for some reason :D

Why would you say this? What possessed you to do this!?
What's a Monado?

Trojita

CoolS said:
Good god, I won't go near any youtube videos anymore now that I have the game.
All I know so far is that Shulk will end up with the Monado for some reason
:D
Is this a spoiler?

CoolS

Trojita said:
Is this a spoiler?

Since every trailer showed him with the sword in hand I would go out and say no :)

Or maybe that was just a brilliant marketing scheme and he will die after an hour? That would be pretty awesome actually !

Trojita

RPGCrazied said:
I did Zavvi. Cheap, already shipped, no nagging questions, or running out of stock. I don't know what its like now though.
How much was the shipping to the US?

Lissar said:
Why would that be a spoiler? It's pretty much in all trailers and promotional materials...
He's being cautious. Better that than barreling into a youtube comments section like some other people.

LProtag

Trojita said:
Is this a spoiler?

Seeing how it's everywhere in the promotion and all the reviews mention it as it's a major part of how the gameplay works, no. If you mean in terms of it's something that happens in the game... well... yeah. But basically everyone knows about it unless you know nothing about the game besides the title. Hell, if you knew the working title you could probably have figured it out.

CoolS

Oh god, what have I done. Leave the poor guy alone.

On the game: The title screen is the best title screen EVER. so pretty and the music is even better!

Trojita

Oh I thought
Monado was a person and it was a spoiler that this person ends up someone else in a romantic relationship.

Go_Ly_Dow

So that cheap ebay CCpro I got on Monday arrived today.

I'm fairly sure it's a 3rd party one, but it still looks like the official controller.

Build quality is excellent.

K2cZF.jpg

3Q1Y3.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-CONTROLLER-PRO-NINTENDO-WII-REMOTE-WHITE-/300521904884?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item45f8805af4#ht_4581wt_905

A black one can also be found for the same price.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I heard Link gets a weapon called the Skyward Sword in the next Zelda game! Is this a spoiler?

Trojita

BocoDragon said:
I heard Link gets a weapon called the Skyward Sword in the next Zelda game! Is this a spoiler?

;P

I thought Monado was a person. I'm trying to go into the game without spoilers. I have refrained from watching videos on youtube as well.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Trojita said:
Oh I thought
Monado was a person and it was a spoiler that this person ends up someone else in a romantic relationship.

No no, just the ridiculous red sword MONAD
still bitter that it's called Monado instead of Monad as would sound more proper. Oh well, whatever Takahashi wants I suppose.

Aeana

It's better for people to be cautious with spoilers than not.
Not everybody considers the same things to be spoilers.

RPGCrazied

Trojita said:
Anyone know how much Zavvi's shipping to the US costs?

Free. Though I did receive an extra $1.50 charge, but I think that was dollar converting or something. Might be different bank to bank.

Top Bottom