• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Diffense

Nekobo said:
Should I just cancel my 365game order and go with Zavvi? I've read some mixed reviews about Zavvi.

My GAME.co.uk order shipped on the 16th (just noticed how to check on the website given information I got from customer service).
I'll post when I get it. Don't know much about Zavvi.

Nekobo said:
Should I just cancel my 365game order and go with Zavvi? I've read some mixed reviews about Zavvi.
i say don't. it's sort of late to preorder now if the numbers of orders increased during the week.

To every one else playing; do you feel like the combat and level up system is closer to Dragon Age than any other game?
The stances, the stamina bound buffs, automatic attacking, backstabs and side stabs, etc.., but I'm only 4 hours in.

But this is what i liked the most in the game so far:
Even the ugliest/most menacing monsters did not attack me in the first area, so I was being friendly with them too; except when you get to the point where monsters do attack, they kill you instantly. So you are forced to attack the innocent monsters if you ever want to take on the big ones...... oooo I also got attacked by an Articuno looking bird while exploring... and level 70 Piranhas :(... the swimming is aight too... and the fact that the freaking world is a giant titan who fell in battle :0

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just ordered it! I'll be playing with you guys soon. I love the Xeno franchise so I'm looking forward to this.

RPGCrazied

Trojita said:
I just ordered it! I'll be playing with you guys soon. I love the Xeno franchise so I'm looking forward to this.

Did you go with Zavvi? Hope it ships out for you. I think the first batch that was sent out early were for early preorders.

I put my order like mid June.

Go_Ly_Dow

Nekobo said:

I would ask the same question in this thread:

Cheap Arse Gaffer (Euro Gaming)

There have plenty of cases of Zavvi taking literally weeks to deliver in the UK itself. (tho I have know idea how they are with new releases)

The customer service is also known to be really poor and unresponsive.

You could try ASDA or GAME.

Aeana

crazyjah2003 said:
To every one else playing; do you feel like the combat and level up system is closer to Dragon Age than any other game?
The stances, the stamina bound buffs, automatic attacking, backstabs and side stabs, etc.., but I'm only 4 hours in.

But this is what i liked the the most in the game so far:
Even the ugliest/most menacing monsters did not attack me in the first area, so I was being friendly with them too; except when you get to the point where monsters do attack, they kill you instantly. So you are forced to attack the innocent monsters if you ever want to take on the big ones...... oooo I also got attacked by an Articuno looking bird while exploring... and level 70 Piranhas :(... the swimming is aight too... and the fact that the freaking world is a giant titan who fell in battle :0
Well, those things have all been in other games, like Dark Age of Camelot and other MMOs. But Dragon Age is a decent comparison, except for not being so focused on party control. FF12 with positional and reactive abilities is also a fine comparison.

Azure Phoenix said:
Odd question, but does the cover of the actual game box inside the special edition have that awful USK logo plastered over it ala. the outer cardboard box?

Going by the unboxing video posted earlier, yes it does. It was the same for both the MHtri and Goldeneye special editions. Presumably just one version is made for the whole of Europe and they have to put on enough labels to cover all the countries. It also explains why they come with an instruction book you could choke a whale with. Thankfully, unlike those other two games, we can reverse the cover of this one.

Nekobo

DMPrince said:
i say don't. it's sort of late to preorder now if the numbers of orders increased during the week.

Good call. I'll just honor my transaction with 365game. I hope it arrives before September. Anyone know how long it usually takes to ship something from the UK to California? I went with the free shipping.

Well, I did my part. It really does feel like the fate of this game is tied to the Last Story, haha.

Azure Phoenix said:
Odd question, but does the cover of the actual game box inside the special edition have that awful USK logo plastered over it ala. the outer cardboard box?

Unfortunately it does.

It also has NOT FOR SEPARATE RESALE plastered on it in all the Europe languages as well.

As Cosmic Schwung said, the same CE packaging is being used for the whole of Europe so it's just sort of cluttered with different languages and ratings.

Thus why I'm making use of the reverse cover.

Ugh. So I placed my order for the game/ccpro bundle with gameplay.co.uk last week, and twice now my order has been cancelled with "card failed" as the reason.

I've placed the order again each time, and contacted my bank to make sure this isn't something they're doing, but they've assured me that it's not their end, and they actually have no record of even an attempted transaction. So frustrating. I was actually hoping to be able to snag one of the red bundle controllers too, as stupid as that sounds. But at this rate, I'll settle for even being able to order the damn game. :(

Diffense

necrolysis said:
Ugh. So I placed my order for the game/ccpro bundle with gameplay.co.uk last week, and twice now my order has been cancelled with "card failed" as the reason.

I've placed the order again each time, and contacted my bank to make sure this isn't something they're doing, but they've assured me that it's not their end, and they actually have no record of even an attempted transaction. So frustrating. I was actually hoping to be able to snag one of the red bundle controllers too, as stupid as that sounds. But at this rate, I'll settle for even being able to order the damn game. :(

Are you in the UK?
My CE edition order was failing as well and the message had a number to call.
When I tried ordering over the phone the rep informed me that the CE is not being shipped oversees.
So I ended up with the standard edition.

Diffense said:
Are you in the UK?
My CE edition order was failing as well and the message had a number to call.
When I tried ordering over the phone the rep informed me that the CE is not being shipped oversees.
So I ended up with the standard edition.

Not in the UK, I live in Chicago. So they're not going to be shipping the bundle across the pond? Bummer if so. I guess I'll wait for them to cancel this re-order attempt as well, as it's likely too late in the day over there for me to call them.

Loto

necrolysis said:
Not in the UK, I live in Chicago. So they're not going to be shipping the bundle across the pond? Bummer if so. I guess I'll wait for them to cancel this re-order attempt as well, as it's likely too late in the day over there for me to call them.
Unless Game is lying to me, My CE has been shipped to California. Got the email Monday AM.

Yuterald

Loto said:
Unless Game is lying to me, My CE has been shipped to California. Got the email Monday AM.

I live in Pennsylvania and my order has been shipped as well. I also did not receive any credit/debit card problem emails either. I ordered from Game as well and so far it's been a smooth process.

Zwei

Yuterald said:
I ordered from Game as well and so far it's been a smooth process.

Yeah, I'm surprised at how smooth ordering from GAME has been, too. Expecting my CE to arrive in Texas early next week if their delivery estimates on international orders are to be believed. (4-6 business days)

Loto

It was funny, I did get an email from my credit card company asking if I wanted to authorize the purchase, but I got it after Game had shipped my CE... Wonder what would have happened if I declined the purchase >______>

Zwei

RPGCrazied said:
I'm in Texas too, but I went with Zavvi. Mine says 15-20days, but I hope that's just there for safety reasons.

I bought Tactics Ogre from Zavvi and it only took a solid week to arrive. So yeah, I doubt it will take anywhere close to 15-20 days to arrive.

eXistor

Tomorrow bitches. I have the day off and we're getting it in at the shop tomorrow. I've stocked up on Monster energy so I'm ready to go all day.

Hiltz

Sucks that other people are also having payment problems and bank calls with trying to import the game.

I just got a call from my bank's fraudulent department today about wanting to verify recent activity on my debit card. I was a little suspicious that the number provided was disconnected and it didn't match the phone number on the back of my card. I had already checked my account online just minutes before so there wasn't any fraudulent charges on it. I just assumed the call was related to my payment problem of trying to buy Xenoblade from Zavvi.com. I went to my bank today to clear up the matter and they said they didn't block my import purchase. The bank just said that it's probably that particular site that's giving you the problem and that there shouldn't be any fraudulent issues if you're certain that the website is legit. I'm gonna try again in a couple of days to buy the game from 365 games site but will have to wait until Monday now. At least my sd card should arrive from Amazon tomorrow.

RPGCrazied

Zwei said:
I bought Tactics Ogre from Zavvi and it only took a solid week to arrive. So yeah, I doubt it will take anywhere close to 15-20 days to arrive.

I hope you're right. That means I should get it Friday or early next week!!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
RPGCrazied said:
Did you go with Zavvi? Hope it ships out for you. I think the first batch that was sent out early were for early preorders.

I put my order like mid June.
Yep. I can wait I guess. Though I would like to get it as soon as possible.

mjc

My Zavvi order shipped out last Saturday I think...but I don't expect it to come until the end of the month. (I'm in the midwest US)

kunonabi

has anyone seen the red cc pro in person? Does it match up with the red wiimote and nunchuck? That unboxing vid almost made it look more orange than anything.

CoolS

Three hours in, had to force myself away because it's getting to late, even though the story and atmosphere were great right now and I could have kept going for a long time.

Really digging it so far, especially the music and the battle system. Though the battles tend to be a little confusing from time to time when a lot is going on, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

The thing I disliked most so far was the various sidequests. Not that I mind the amount (and there really is SO many) but the intruction seem pretty bad at times. A few people asked me to find some items they lost in the city. Well the city is big and I had NO idea where to find them :( Same with the enemies and some drops, a little more information would be very helpful for that at times. I hope that will get better as well.

Graphically it*s also really pretty and the occasional bad texture is countered by the immense scale of the whole game, even if I only saw the area around Colony 9 so far :)

Now to sleep and then continue playing since I wanna now what happens next :)

CoolS said:
The thing I disliked most so far was the various sidequests. Not that I mind the amount (and there really is SO many) but the intruction seem pretty bad at times. A few people asked me to find some items they lost in the city. Well the city is big and I had NO idea where to find them :( Same with the enemies and some drops, a little more information would be very helpful for that at times. I hope that will get better as well.

Yeah it's a shame there's no marker on your map, similar to the ones for story missions, that indicate the area of the enemy you need to hunt/ npc you need to talk to, considering how big the environment is

CoolS

BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah it's a shame there's no marker on your map, similar to the ones for story missions, that indicate the area of the enemy you need to hunt/ npc you need to talk to, considering how big the environment is
Xenoblade is one of those titles where I would really like a big official guide with all the secrets in it, especially for the quests.
I mean, I will try to find as much stuff as I can by myself but a guide (with lots of nice artwork) would still be great!

Chesskid1 said:
if you haven't seen the title screen yet...

beautiful art + amazing music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPV8IVusTA

man... i could just watch this for a while. it goes through the day/night cycle.

Yep, started the game twice s far, watched the title screen for at least five minutes each time. Amazing really.

RPGCrazied said:
So there isn't even map markers for quests? Yeah, this game is going to need a faq written someday.
There are ! markers on the map to indicate a quest giving NPC but it doesn't indicate where you need to go to carry out the quest, it would simply say 'Colony 9' or will say 'Residential District' if someone asks you to go and talk to a specific NPC.

RPGCrazied

Oh, well at least they are easy to find a quest. I'll find it. I plan on fighting everything I see and exploring every inch of the map. At least you get the rewards as soon as you do the quest. Don't have to go back to the quest starter to finish it.

Zwei

CoolS said:
Xenoblade is one of those titles where I would really like a big official guide with all the secrets in it, especially for the quests.

There won't be a strategy guide? Weird. Is this usual for Europe?

Top Bottom