• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

kunonabi said:
has anyone seen the red cc pro in person? Does it match up with the red wiimote and nunchuck? That unboxing vid almost made it look more orange than anything.

I have it and it's the same colour.

CoolS

Zwei said:
There won't be a strategy guide? Weird. Is this usual for Europe?
Normally there is one for every bigger Nintendo title but i couldn't find Anything just now on amazon.de. Hopefully it'll just take a few weeks till it pops up.

Chesskid1

Banned
i always leave subtitles on. weird accents/action noises in the background in video games make it very easy to miss what a character is saying.

Peff

Game's good! They reaaally nailed the exploration by awarding experience when discovering new places and achievements. It really has that "I wonder what's ahead" feeling. The battle system seems complex enough, if a bit hectic at first, but managing the skills and extra abilities is fun.

RPGCrazied said:
Question.

Can you turn off subtitles for the cutscenes?

Don't think so.

vitacola

CoolS said:
Normally there is one for every bigger Nintendo title but i couldn't find Anything just now on amazon.de. Hopefully it'll just take a few weeks till it pops up.
I'd love a PiggyBack one <3

Chesskid1 said:
i always leave subtitles on. weird accents/action noises in the background in video games make it very easy to miss what a character is saying.

After Assassin's Creed I always have subtitles on now.

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
Question.

Can you turn off subtitles for the cutscenes?
I definitely remember a subtitles option. There's also an option for letting the voiced dialog boxes auto-advance or not.

vitacola said:
What happened? Foreign language appeared out of the dark?

Yeah. Especially in AC2 and Brotherhood.

There are just random sentences in Italian that aren't explained if you don't have the subtitles on to translate.

Antagon

Does anyone know if the part of the intro of the game where the camera flys through several areas of the game and then zooms out to give a view of the two titans is realtime or not? Would be really impressed if they pulled that off.

Peff

Aeana said:
I definitely remember a subtitles option. There's also an option for letting the voiced dialog boxes auto-advance or not.

Ooops, that's what I confused it with. It's below that, yep.

vitacola

CruxisMana said:
Yeah. Especially in AC2 and Brotherhood.

There are just random sentences in Italian that aren't explained if you don't have the subtitles on to translate.
That's what I like about US-American series sometimes. Some Spanish comes along and I missed a part, because I had no subtitles ;)

mclem

Zwei said:
There won't be a strategy guide? Weird. Is this usual for Europe?

There is, but it's only being released in America

Of course that's not the case, but the idea tickled me

FreeMufasa

HDD should arrive tommorow. Hoping I can get my entire library on it before Xenoblade arrives. Looks like i'll be modding my console along with you guys.

Quick question for those that have it already. Are load times greatly reduced when the game is installed? How long are they when you play it from a disc?

RPGCrazied

This would make an awesome wallpaper, but way to small. :(

xenoblade_36.jpg.jpg

FreeMufasa said:
HDD should arrive tommorow. Hoping I can get my entire library on it before Xenoblade arrives. Looks like i'll be modding my console along with you guys.

Quick question for those that have it already. Are load times greatly reduced when the game is installed? How long are they when you play it from a disc?

They're certainly reduced, but I don't know about "greatly". It's definitely noticeable. There are, of course, a number of other benefits to ripping your games to an external hard drive:

-all your games are easily accessible from one place
-generally reduced load times and smoother transitions
-the Wii's disc drive isn't in use, prolonging its life
-the Wii runs quieter
-you can run import games & use cheats (though I haven't tried this)

So go ahead and do it; ripping the games doesn't take as long as I initially thought it would.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I finally bit the bullet and preordered this from GAME. I hope it gets here in time for my vacation.

The art for this game is fantastic. I want to get this one day when I have some extra cash. Did Yasuyuki Honne just do the Xenoblade concept models, or was he also involved in the art direction as well?

These in particular are quite striking to me, mostly because of the colour palettes.

yFi3l.jpg

oy0Lw.jpg

ga24T.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
DMPrince said:
Does this work on flash drive? someone mentioned awhile back. i might just get one just to have it until i get a HDD.

yeah, i used a 16GB flash drive for a while till i upgraded to an HDD.

Playing Xenoblade is making me realize that we should have a great MMORPG on consoles by now.

I mean, for all intents and purposes this game is like a single-player version of FF11, without the stupid design decisions.

But it'd still be nice to share such an enormous world with other players.

xtrasauce said:
Playing Xenoblade is making me realize that we should have a great MMORPG on consoles by now.

I mean, for all intents and purposes this game is like a single-player version of FF11, without the stupid design decisions.

But it'd still be nice to share such an enormous world with other players.

You should get Journey when it comes out...

Zwei

xtrasauce said:
I mean, for all intents and purposes this game is like a single-player version of FF11

Hey, that actually sounds like a good idea. Square Enix needs to make this happen. I've shied away from FF11 all these years precisely because it is an MMORPG. But I would buy this in a second.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dark Schala said:
I finally bit the bullet and preordered this from GAME. I hope it gets here in time for my vacation.

The art for this game is fantastic. I want to get this one day when I have some extra cash. Did Yasuyuki Honne just do the Xenoblade concept models, or was he also involved in the art direction as well?

These in particular are quite striking to me, mostly because of the colour palettes.
Honne was credited for conceptual art design, but the art director is Norihiro Takami. He's mainly been involved with CG before and was the movie director for Square Visual Works on Chrono Cross. I think he took over the art direction of Xenosaga for II/III when Honne went to work on Baten Kaitos.

2San

Friend of mine paid back a loan in cash. Definitely buying the Wii+Xenoblade now. I have a life rule that physical cash is meant to be spent. Anyone know if any Dutch retailers(non-online) are selling early?

I have some kind of 512 mb "switch and carry" sd card thing, will that be all i need to do the soft modding stuff? Or am I going to need a bigger card?

Ragus

Banned
robotzombie said:
I have some kind of 512 mb "switch and carry" sd card thing, will that be all i need to do the soft modding stuff? Or am I going to need a bigger card?

That's more than enough. You basically only have to install Homebrew Channel.

Spike

Please someone who has imported help me out here.

Does the game work on 480i SD sets? I want to order, but I'm afraid that it will be like Pikmin 2 and won't work.

Thanks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Zornica said:
i stayed there forever too ^^. the music.... and that day/night cycle. never seen anything like it before
just take a look:
day+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fv_OzYTOQ
night+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWYL3XXSs4

= Overkill
It looks so gorgeous at night. I'll rehost the second one if you don't mind...

3NN2a.jpg

What a remarkable difference between both shots, especially when you take the music into consideration as well.

jj984jj said:
Honne was credited for conceptual art design, but the art director is Norihiro Takami. He's mainly been involved with CG before and was the movie director for the opening of Chrono Cross. I think he took over the art direction of Xenosaga for II/III when Honne went to work on Baten Kaitos.
I see; thank you for the info. Takami did a great job on a lot of this stuff because I've liked everything I've seen so far. I almost mistook the work for Honne's (and I love Honne's work very much).

RPGCrazied

Dark Schala said:
It looks so gorgeous at night. I'll rehost the second one if you don't mind...

3NN2a.jpg

What a remarkable difference between both shots, especially when you take the music into consideration as well.

I see; thank you for the info. Takami did a great job on a lot of this stuff because I've liked everything I've seen so far. I almost mistook the work for Honne's (and I love Honne's work very much).

Damn that place looks awesome. I'm assuming there is a town nearby? I'm going to stick around there for awhile.

Spike said:
Please someone who has imported help me out here.

Does the game work on 480i SD sets? I want to order, but I'm afraid that it will be like Pikmin 2 and won't work.

Thanks.

It should work, especially if you're using component cables. Pikmin 2 was a unique case if I recall correctly. Most PAL games can work on a SD 480i set if you force NTSC mode.

Top Bottom