• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Clipper

robotzombie said:
perfect, thanks
You need to install more than the Homebrew Channel. Instructions of exactly what you need are here. However, for your original question, and sized SD card is enough. You only need a few MB at the very minimum, so a 512MB card is much more than enough.

qDshO.jpg
gutCa.jpg
CS8Yc.jpg

Check out my threads. (in the crappy iphone pics. Sorry) This is still right at near the start. Doing quests and trading with people can get you some great stuff.

I'm loving this game.

went with shopto for my preorder, not shipped yet but I assume it'll get sent out sometime today right? *worry*

On holiday next week so want a little playtime before I go away for the week...

I'm upto quite a difficult boss now, need to do some leveling I think! Luckily the Gaur Plain is pretty massive so there's loads of areas to explore, I'll be doing that next time I play

I skipped most of the sidequests back at the start in Colony 9 and haven't traded/gem crafted at all yet, I think I should probably do that, or start a second save concentrating on the side stuff

Reveirg

Do you think chances are good that Monolith Soft's next game will be announced at TGS?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself not having played Xenoblade yet... but still, I'm really curious to see what they're up to.

Reveirg said:
Do you think chances are good that Monolith Soft's next game will be announced at TGS?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself not having played Xenoblade yet... but still, I'm really curious to see what they're up to.

I'd put it at maybe 50-50... when was that Baten Kaitos-esque teaser image released? It was more than a month ago, right? They've got to be in the middle of something.

Nix

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
I'd put it at maybe 50-50... when was that Baten Kaitos-esque teaser image released? It was more than a month ago, right? They've got to be in the middle of something.

*White wine

Nah, probably not. In all likelihood we'll get it sometime in 2012, and a reveal sometime this winter. Before that, I'd say nothing at TGS.

Aeana

BlazingDarkness said:
I'm upto quite a difficult boss now, need to do some leveling I think! Luckily the Gaur Plain is pretty massive so there's loads of areas to explore, I'll be doing that next time I play

I skipped most of the sidequests back at the start in Colony 9 and haven't traded/gem crafted at all yet, I think I should probably do that, or start a second save concentrating on the side stuff
Side stuff is really helpful. Many quests give you great gems for your equipment. That said, going back to do the Colony 9 stuff now obviously won't be as helpful as it would have been early on, although I do recall a few quest lines that eventually lead to some great level 3 and 4 gems. And of course many quests raise your affinity with your party members, so that's always a plus.

Corleth the Fey said:
qDshO.jpg
gutCa.jpg
CS8Yc.jpg

Check out my threads. (in the crappy iphone pics. Sorry) This is still right at near the start. Doing quests and trading with people can get you some great stuff.

I'm loving this game.

Why does Shulk have girl shoes?

Reveirg

SecretMoblin said:

December 2010, First recruitment page: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/22/monolith_recruit/

June 24 2011, First mention of the title being for Wii U, more recruitment : http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/24/xenoblade-developer-monolith-soft-working-on-wii-u-title/

July 8, 2011, Monolith Soft opens a new studio closer to Nintendo: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/08/monolith-soft-open-a-new-studio-closer-to-nintendo/

July 12, 2011, Some more general info about developement, excited to show to fans: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/12/monolith-soft-staff-aims-to-surprise-fans-with-wii-u-game/

Reveirg said:
December 2010, First recruitment page: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/22/monolith_recruit/

June 24 2011, First mention of the title being for Wii U, more recruitment : http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/24/xenoblade-developer-monolith-soft-working-on-wii-u-title/

July 8, 2011, Monolith Soft opens a new studio closer to Nintendo: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/08/monolith-soft-open-a-new-studio-closer-to-nintendo/

July 12, 2011, Some more general info about developement, excited to show to fans: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/12/monolith-soft-staff-aims-to-surprise-fans-with-wii-u-game/

Thanks for this.

Another question: Can you equip/unequip gems, or is the use of them permanent? If I wanted to upgrade my weapons but keep my gems, is that possible?

Aeana

SecretMoblin said:
Thanks for this.

Another question: Can you equip/unequip gems, or is the use of them permanent? If I wanted to upgrade my weapons but keep my gems, is that possible?
You can remove them, provided they don't come with the equipment (some equipment will be slotted but already have a gem in it that can't be removed).

Aeana said:
You can remove them, provided they don't come with the equipment (some equipment will be slotted but already have a gem in it that can't be removed).

Yessss!

I'm hoping this arrives on the weekend so I can go all-out with it.

Aeana said:
Side stuff is really helpful. Many quests give you great gems for your equipment. That said, going back to do the Colony 9 stuff now obviously won't be as helpful as it would have been early on, although I do recall a few quest lines that eventually lead to some great level 3 and 4 gems. And of course many quests raise your affinity with your party members, so that's always a plus.

Do I have to change my leader to raise affinity between specific party members? I've played with Shulk as the leader until now, and the affinity between the members I don't control isn't that great.

LevityNYC

Banned
Has anyone from the USA gotten their copy from Game.co.uk?

Mine shipped was prepped monday and shipped Tuesday. I'm holding out hope that it'll arrive Saturday, but I doubt it.

EDIT:
I'm on the east coast.

LevityNYC said:

Mine shipped was prepped monday and shipped Tuesday. I'm holding out hope that it'll arrive Saturday, but I doubt it.

EDIT:
I'm on the east coast.

From your username, I was certain you were from the Bay Area.

I keed, I keed!

LevityNYC said:

EDIT:
I'm on the east coast.
no but mine from ASDA went on a drive monday. lol

LProtag

I forgot that it might come on in Saturday due to the fact that it'll end up in USPS after it gets here from the UK. Hm.

I'm on the east coast too, maybe I've got a good chance.

InsertNameHere said:
I forgot that it might come on in Saturday due to the fact that it'll end up in USPS after it gets here from the UK. Hm.

I'm on the east coast too, maybe I've got a good chance.
USPS? i guess some states ship packages on saturday if they paid extra. for me they hold it until monday.

Phenomic

RPGCrazied said:
I hate my UPS man. He always delvers late. Like 9pm late. I guess I'll be playing late that night.

In before we live in the same town. I got home the other week around 9 one day. It's like pretty much dark and I see the UPS guy delivering packages. I see the Fedex guy at like 10 AM. (Home Delivery Ground) I dunno why UPS is so slow in my area. You would think they would try to do a standard like 9 to 5 delivery day or something.

Though I guess my game will show up via USPS as well. Not sure how Royal Mail works internationally or who it actually goes to.

RPGCrazied

Phenomic said:
In before we live in the same town. I got home the other week around 9 one day. It's like pretty much dark and I see the UPS guy delivering packages. I see the Fedex guy at like 10 AM. I dunno why UPS is so slow in my area.

Though I guess my game will show up via USPS as well. Not sure how Royal Mail works internationally or who it actually goes to.

It's the cheap/free shipping. :p What I always choose.

RPGCrazied said:
I hate my UPS man. He always delivers late. Like 9pm late. I guess I'll be playing late that night.
i think they changed delivery schedule or cut back workers or something. i used to get my packages 10 in the morning or around 2pm. but yeah. now it's end of day delivery which is 8pm.

EDIT: it could be cheap shipping. i might buy something from newegg (flash drive) and we'll see lol.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
i think they changed delivery schedule or cut back workers or something. i used to get my packages 10 in the morning or around 2pm. but yeah. now it's end of day delivery which is 8pm.

EDIT: it could be cheap shipping. i might buy something from newegg (flash drive) and we'll see lol.

Oh. I think I'll just play it on the Disc. I don't much play my Wii. So I don't fear my drive all that much. Though with this and Skyward Sword is going to be on all the time.

Diffense

LevityNYC said:

EDIT:
I'm on the east coast.

Nah, mine shipped on Tuesday too.
East coast as well.

RPGCrazied

Oh. I was going to ask this. Does the game have a lot of story cutscenes? I'm not expecting Xenosaga levels, but I hope it has quite a few. I actually like watching them. I know some people that skip them. Whats the point of playing a jRPG and not watching the story? Even if sometimes its not well written.

Varion

RPGCrazied said:
Oh. I was going to ask this. Does the game have a lot of story cutscenes? I'm not expecting Xenosaga levels, but I hope it has quite a few. I actually like watching them. I know some people that skip them. Whats the point of playing a jRPG and not watching the story? Even if sometimes its not well written.
Oh absolutely. It doesn't completely inundate you in them like the Saga games and there's a much greater focus on gameplay, but there's still plenty of them, and there's some really awesome ones too.

Finally gave in to the urge to start a new game earlier on, too much watching all you people enjoying the game for the first time. Spent like 6 hours doing every quest I could find, beating every unique monster I could and completing the item encyclopedia for the first two areas before stopping for the night.

Lord Ghirahim said:
The
anthropophagous mechs
took me by surprise.
Is that what they named them in the translation? Works, though it's quite the mouthful. Quite like it though. In the Japanese version they were just boring old Faces. Black Face, etc. But damn I loved that set of cutscenes.

Pikma

Banned
Sorry if it was asked before, but which do you guys think is the best place to import the game from? I really want to play it, don't care if I have to mod my Wii. :)

RPGCrazied

I did Zavvi for the free shipping. You could do GAME too. Though the other places I don't know. 365games was having trouble with stock and won't ship until Monday.

Top Bottom