• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Diffense

I ordered from Game.co.uk.
I'm not sure if I was charged for shipping: it came out to $48.
I can't say which is best, especially since I (and most importers) haven't gotten the game yet.

Varion said:
Is that what they named them in the translation? Works, though it's quite the mouthful. Quite like it though. In the Japanese version they were just boring old Faces. Black Face, etc. But damn I loved that set of cutscenes.

No, I just called them
anthropophagous
because that's what they appear to be :p
I think the mechs that
ate Fiorun
didn't even have
faces

bubnbob

Banned
Varion said:
Is that what they named them in the translation? Works, though it's quite the mouthful. Quite like it though. In the Japanese version they were just boring old Faces. Black Face, etc. But damn I loved that set of cutscenes.

They call the one in that scene
Metal Face

Phenomic

Diffense said:
I ordered from Game.co.uk.
I'm not sure if I was charged for shipping: it came out to $48.
I can't say which is best, especially since I (and most importers) haven't gotten the game yet.

Depends on when you ordered it. Google exchange rate converted right now shows that. So it sounds about right to me that you got charged 48 recently.

29.99 British pounds sterling = 49.5375 US dollars

Edit* Oh I miss read that. Yeah, if you are importing it to the states not sure why you didn't get the 5 Pounds shipping charge. If you don't mind spending the extra 6 or 7 bucks to ensure it's getting shipped quicker your best bet might be to contact the company.

Pikma

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
I did Zavvi for the free shipping. You could do GAME too. Though the other places I don't know. 365games was having trouble with stock and won't ship until Monday.

Thank you! :) I think I'll get it from GAME since they are the only ones from those three that have the CC Pro package.

Diffense

Phenomic said:
Depends on when you ordered it. Google exchange rate converted right now shows that. So it sounds about right to me that you got charged 48 recently.

29.99 British pounds sterling = 49.5375 US dollars

Edit* Oh I miss read that. Yeah, if you are importing it to the states not sure why you didn't get the 5 Pounds shipping charge. If you don't mind spending the extra 6 or 7 bucks to ensure it's getting shipped quicker your best bet might be to contact the company.

It was dispatched already so I don't think I can change anything now.
I'm just hoping it arrives in a timely manner.

Varion

Lord Ghirahim said:
No, I just called them
anthropophagous
because that's what they appear to be :p
I think the mechs that
ate Fiorun
didn't even have
faces
Oh so that was your mouthful? Oh well! I'm sure the dub actors wouldn't have liked them using that, heh.

bubnbob said:
They call the one in that scene
Metal Face
Kay, cheers for the reply. Always curious about these things in localisations.

+1 happy importer...

Oh hey, whats goin' on all. May as well post considering I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread while waiting to finally get this title in my hands. Although, I don't know if anyone else is asking themselves this question...But I am not sure if this thread is making the wait more bearable...or making the longing to play it so painful that it is almost palpable. I'm thinking the latter might be a high probability. HA...Regardless, I can't stop checking in here.

Oh and in case you were wondering; I'm in Chicago, bought it from Game, and it shipped on Tuesday. Midwest US importers...Assemble! (ok that was a bit much)

Stage On

RPGCrazied said:
I did Zavvi for the free shipping. You could do GAME too. Though the other places I don't know. 365games was having trouble with stock and won't ship until Monday.

If 365games is having stock trouble then they should say so straight out.

Holding back because "oh it might not work for your system." is just insulting doubly so if that's a lie.

Diffense

Truezeldafan said:
+1 happy importer...

Oh hey, whats goin' on all. May as well post considering I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread while waiting to finally get this title in my hands. Although, I don't know if anyone else is asking themselves this question...But I am not sure if this thread is making the wait more bearable...or making the longing to play it so painful that it is almost palpable. I'm thinking the latter might be a high probability. HA...Regardless, I can't stop checking in here.

Oh and in case you were wondering; I'm in Chicago, bought it from Game, and it shipped on Tuesday. Midwest US importers...Assemble! (ok that was a bit much)

Nice, seems as if many people who preordered before the 16th had it shipped then.
As for the wait, it's a lot easier than when I was wondering whether I'd ever be able to play in English.
Now I'm just enjoying the anticipation.

Diffense said:
As for the wait, it's a lot easier than when I was wondering whether I'd ever be able to play in English.
Now I'm just enjoying the anticipation.

True that, It's just definitely been a minute since I've been this genuinely excited for a title!

And a quick question for anyone who's imported from game...do they offer a more detailed progress report of a shipped item as it goes further along? Because all I see is "product dispatched" So am I stuck to acting like my 10 year old self (when there was no internets to tell me exactly where my package was) desperately waiting at the window everyday to see if mr. postman has my toy? Heh.

Cheers to anyone who sheds some light for me.

Just placed an order for this at Zavvi. Haven't done any homebrew stuff on the Wii yet, so this'll also be a convenient opportunity to get some Dolphin gaming in.

Subxero

After reading this thread the past couple of days I think I'm going to cave and order it from Game tomorrow. Haven't been this excited for a game in a while. I just really want to be able to play it after reading so much about it. I haven't imported anything since my Japanese Dreamcast in 98. I'm sure it will totally be worth it. Thanks for the great thread guys!

I'm just hesitant about modding my Wii to be Region Free though.

chris121580

I just put the homebrew channel on my Wii. Which region free program do you recommend using out of the 4 availabe? The easier to install the better

Diffense

Truezeldafan said:
True that, It's just definitely been a minute since I've been this genuinely excited for a title!

And a quick question for anyone who's imported from game...do they offer a more detailed progress report of a shipped item as it goes further along? Because all I see is "product dispatched" So am I stuck to acting like my 10 year old self (when there was no internets to tell me exactly where my package was) desperately waiting at the window everyday to see if mr. postman has my toy? Heh.

Cheers to anyone who sheds some light for me.

I think it only says that the order is dispatched...so...yeah..it's a waiting game.

My excitement for Xenoblade is refreshing too.
I used to think that I don't like games that much anymore.
It turns out that it's just that the games I like have become rare or belong to franchises I'm overexposed to.

The whole Xenoblade package seems to look back to a golden era while moving forward at the same time.
The music, the world's art, the freedom, the charm seems just like one of the AAA SNES rpg's levelled up.

It didn't take much investigation for Xenoblade to end up on my must-have list.
Although I'm upset with NOA the whole forbidden fruit aspect (and british VA) will probably add to enjoyment in the end.

LiK

chris121580 said:
I just put the homebrew channel on my Wii. Which region free program do you recommend using out of the 4 availabe? The easier to install the better

everyone recommends Gecko OS

Diffense

Subxero said:
After reading this thread the past couple of days I think I'm going to cave and order it from Game tomorrow. Haven't been this excited for a game in a while. I just really want to be able to play it after reading so much about it. I haven't imported anything since my Japanese Dreamcast in 98. I'm sure it will totally be worth it. Thanks for the great thread guys!

I'm just hesitant about modding my Wii to be Region Free though.

Check this page out for how to mod.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies

I haven't done it yet since I'm waiting for my SD card reader to arrive in the mail so I can copy files from my PC to the SD card.
But if you can do that, insert the SD card into the Wii and open a 'letterbomb' mail in your Wii mailbox, then you can install the homebrew channel.
After that, I've heard people recommend Gecko OS to be able to play games from other regions.
It appears quite straightforward. I'm actually itching to try it out now.

chris121580

I just did it. It took me a span of about 10 minutes thanks to the detailed tutorial. Very easy. Ordering the game now. Thanks to everyone involved in creating that.

Diffense said:
My excitement for Xenoblade is refreshing too.
I used to think that I don't like games that much anymore.
It turns out that it's just that the games I like have become rare or belong to franchises I'm overexposed to.

The whole Xenoblade package seems to look back to a golden era while moving forward at the same time.
The music, the world's art, the freedom, the charm seems just like one of the AAA SNES rpg's levelled up.

It didn't take much investigation for Xenoblade to end up on my must-have list.
Although I'm upset with NOA the whole forbidden fruit aspect (and british VA) will probably add to enjoyment in the end.

I think you've literally echoed the exact sentiments I've had about this game. I could not agree more.

And thanks for shedding some light on Game's shipping status...In that case, if you'll excuse me, I have a window perch to sit on whilst I wait for my package. (hey, who knows maybe they'll deliver it at midnight?) o_O

I can't decide if I want to play on Dolphin or on the Wii itself..

Thankfully I can transfer my save back and forth now that I've dumped my wii's nand keys..

obviously it looks better on Dolphin.. but the couch is more comfortable..

It would be too much of a pain to move my computer out to the living room, I think.. still.. it's a great problem to have.

LProtag

CruxisMana said:
GuEol.jpg

More relevant than ever now.

Yes, modding your Wii is incredibly easy, provided you follow Clipper's guide:

I was extremely hesitant about doing it at first, but I caved and did everything a few days ago. Everyone seemed to recommend Configurable USB Loader, so I did the extra steps and installed that. I'm glad I did.

After all the heartache and frustration over this whole NoA mess, I'm ready to just sit back and spend dozens of hours traipsing around a big JRPG.

wrowa said:
http://i.imgur.com/T20ZS.jpg/img]

Finally! Now I just have to feel like playing it again...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right? I bought the yesterday evening because I didn't want to wait any longer, but in reality I just have too much stuff on my mind to play a game right now. :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just got my Collector's Edition in the post. I shall soon be playing this game.

Daante

Schlomo said:
Why wouldn't it be? It has sound and slow-down problems on dolphin though.

Im not a fan of the wiimote, and as i have understanded from the past Wii games must be played either with keyboard/mouse or a wiimote on the Dolphin.?

Pietepiet

Still nothing in Dutch shops. Granted, they just opened though. Gonna try my luck again after work. TODAY IS THE DAY, I CAN FEEL IT!

Luigiv

Looks like my order has finally been despatched from ozgameshop. Guess it'll arrive next Friday, which is a little disappointing but ultimately a good thing (I got shit to do this weekend).

Pietepiet said:
Still nothing in Dutch shops. Granted, they just opened though. Gonna try my luck again after work. TODAY IS THE DAY, I CAN FEEL IT!

;_ ;

I'm checking my phone every 10 minutes to see if Gamemania sent me a text. Game comes out tomorrow, why not just sell it today?

The only thing I'm afraid of now is my Wii crapping out while playing the game. At the moment it has no problems with dual layered games, but if I get disc read errors while playing Xenoblade I'm going to punch things.

Pietepiet

GasProblem said:
;_ ;

I'm checking my phone every 10 minutes to see if Gamemania sent me a text. Game comes out tomorrow, why not just sell it today?

I doubt they actually have it in yet. They usually text you the moment they have it. Anyway, let me know if you get the text so I can try to get one at the local Gamemania. I don't like preordering. Lately I've been able to pick stuff up a day before release without even trying, so I stopped doing preorders.

Schlomo

Daante said:
Im not a fan of the wiimote, and as i have understanded from the past Wii games must be played either with keyboard/mouse or a wiimote on the Dolphin.?

Controls are freely customisable in Dolphin. You can even assign motion controls to buttons, to some extent. Since Xenoblade uses the Classic Controller, it's no problem at all to play it with a 360 pad.

Err, where will they send the artbook if they don't keep the address on file? Will it ask for my address after I register the game or something?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Murkas said:
What the fuck GAME, where is my CE edition!?

They dispatched it Tuesday, it should be here by now. :(

Edit: It's here!
Meltdown averted!

Lord Ghirahim said:
Err, where will they send the artbook if they don't keep the address on file? Will it ask for my address after I register the game or something?
I think how the OOT soundtrack and the first 3000 3DS T-shirt worked was if you succeeded in getting it a seperate link appeared somewhere on your Club Nintendo page (or maybe an e-mail) and you filled the details in there.

Murkas said:
What the fuck GAME, where is my CE edition!?

They dispatched it Tuesday, it should be here by now. :(

Edit: It's here!
Should've had mine sent to work. >__< the other day a car crashed into our apartment complex concierge where the mail boxes are. Luckily they didn't get smashed but the usual access to them from the outside is cutoff. Hopefully the royal mail understands my need for the CE and teleports it into my mailbox. :(

Top Bottom