• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Starwolf_UK said:
I think how the OOT soundtrack and the first 3000 3DS T-shirt worked was if you succeeded in getting it a seperate link appeared somewhere on your Club Nintendo page (or maybe an e-mail) and you filled the details in there.

I see, thanks. I hope I don't end up unsealing the game for nothing.

Reknoc

Nice if people are getting their copies from GAME today then this isn't a Zelda ting. Guess I need to camp infront of my door now.

Murkas

I'm off to play it now, I probably won't be back in this thread until I've finished it because knowing my luck I will click on this thread the same time some poster writes something and forgets to put spoiler tags on. :(

mclem

A parcel arrives!

It's my OoT soundtrack CD.

Another parcel arrives!

Threadless order.

Another parcel arrives!

Some Japanese game that clearly won't sell well over here, plus a nice red controller.

Today has been an embarassment of riches.

Murkas

Reknoc said:
Aha! Success! I knew the postman would come when I was on the loo.

Oh man the amount of times this has happened. I just hold it in till he comes now. In fact that is what happened today.

Edit: Awesome avatar, love it. Yian Kut Ku <3

mclem

I'm not going to be able to settle down properly with it until tomorrow evening myself. Although I've got some flexitime to use up which I'll use next weekend to have a nice long bank holiday weekend.

2San

GasProblem said:
Just got the text from Gamemania that I can come and pick up the game. Wooohoooo!
Ahhh wondering if it's worth to hit the town to pray something is out yet. Don't feel like going all the way to Amsterdam. :| We have a Dixons, Dynabyte, e-plaza, intertoys, saturn, free record shop, bart smit over here.

CoolS

6 hours in and I have to say: this rocks!

I have to retract my previous statement: The items you have to find for quests ARE marked on the map. Very nice, now I just have to fidn certain enemies for their drops ^^

The combat system really is surprisingly deep and even gets more complex with time, I really dig that. And even the bigger battles and the first boss battles were not too hectic.

I spent almost 5 hours in the first area before I decided it was time to move on, even though some quests where left unfinished (for now).

Story spoilers up to when you reach the second area:

Fiora NOOOOOOOOO! :( I was really really sad at that part, I kind of suspected it when Shulk first saw the vision but I was still hoping it would be somone else..
The visions are also pretty awesome, the first lenghty one with lots of people that look a lot like the bad guys. And that dream/vision about the true Monado was also quite interesting.
And just now the ones in the caves with the giant spider were pretty cool as well, I was really worried about Reyn there for a second ^^
When you get to that cliff after the cave und you first see the two giants in the sunset, I just went wow. You really feel small right there and it just looks amazing.

I am loving this and it seems to live up to all the hype it's gotten perfectly so far :)

Go_Ly_Dow

YAY POSTMAN!.....WAIT, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GAME!?

Mine and Blazingdarkness copies were both shipped by Asda on the same day yet he received his on Tuesday.

No doubt it will arrive tomorrow when I have to get back to work...grrr. All these positive impressions doesn't make the wait any easier!

Murkas said:
Don't redeem it yet, go on Club Nintendo you get so 50 extra stars first. Then redeem it tomorrow or after release.

What do you mean? I don't care about Stars anyway, I just want the artbook. It gives me "Veuillez saisir un code produit valide" now, which probably means it's too early.

Lord Ghirahim said:
What do you mean? I don't care about Stars anyway, I just want the artbook. It gives me "Veuillez saisir un code produit valide" now, which probably means it's too early.

If you register interest in certain games before their release, you get a stars bonus when you register them. But if you're not bothered about stars then it doesn't really matter.

Just an hour in and I'm in the Colony having a nose around. Haven't a clue what a lot of items are for and whether I should sell them or keep them to trade but there's a lot to learn.

I'm fighting on with the Wii remote at the mo as I don't have a CC. I'll probably get one as it'll be easier to access the buttons but wanted to see how I got on with the normal remote first.

CruxisMana said:
If you register interest in certain games before their release, you get a stars bonus when you register them. But if you're not bothered about stars then it doesn't really matter.

Oh, that? Yeah, I went ahead and did that, not that it matters anyway. I doubt I'll be using this account ever again.

weeaboo

mclem said:
Reading the text of the review, I'm actually mildly surprised it's not a ten, given that it explicitly highlights the innovation that Edge likes to champion, and doesn't really show any negatives. Still, I'm not complaining, it's a great score.

EDGE hates the j/wRPG so... even a 9 is a surprise!

FatCat said:
A question to those who have played the game: is playing with the wiimote nunchuck setup really that bad?

No, It's very comfortable when you learn how to deal with the camera

CoolS

FatCat said:
A question to those who have played the game: is playing with the wiimote nunchuck setup really that bad?

I'm playing it that way right now. It controls perfectly, only camera control takes a bit to get used to since you don't have a second stick available.

abunai

FatCat said:

I'm using that setup and it works really well. The only problem that I've came across in about 8 hours of play is the camera is slightly annoying to control using the dpad while holding the c button (especially in combat) but it isn't game breaking at all.

Pikma

Banned
GasProblem said:
The only thing I'm afraid of now is my Wii crapping out while playing the game. At the moment it has no problems with dual layered games, but if I get disc read errors while playing Xenoblade I'm going to punch things.

Whaaaat? Is Xenoblade dual layered?
I need to get that cleaning kit too if that's the case ):

RPGCrazied

I don't think any American has yet. I don't think people call the mailman, post in the states? Maybe some do, but I don't. :p

Let Day 4 of waiting now commence!

bw6ijwas7ntkan787.jpg

JerkShep

Is there a guide somewhere for the subquests? There are billions :D
The chart with the people of every area, their location, when they are avaiable and the relationship between each other reminds me of Majora's Mask, btw

4 hours in and LOVING it. More later, can't.stop.playing

The game gave me a little trouble while trying to install it. For whatever reason my Wii crashed a few times, but now it's going smoothly. 52 minutes left.

Top Bottom