• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

holy hell, it got a 9 from Edge?

Resisting the order is getting harder and harder, but I should just wait until some more videos are up.

And I want that red controller, no chance of getting it now?

M_Night said:
YAY POSTMAN!.....WAIT, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GAME!?

Mine and Blazingdarkness copies were both shipped by Asda on the same day yet he received his on Tuesday.

No doubt it will arrive tomorrow when I have to get back to work...grrr. All these positive impressions doesn't make the wait any easier!
the power of the gay is on his side.

Roxas

Got my copy from GAME this morning, been playing the last 3 hours. Its huuuuuge. Soundtrack is so good too. Reminds me of FF12 so far.

slaughterking said:
The game gave me a little trouble while trying to install it. For whatever reason my Wii crashed a few times, but now it's going smoothly. 52 minutes left.
The newer cIOS seem pretty sluggish at this. I can't recall which ones did it best but given a 1.4GB game took 15 minutes a few weeks ago I'll probably looking at about an hour too *sigh*.

My copy is in my hand. I'm in work for another 5 hours, then I have get back and make a meal so all that takes another 2 hours, throw in an hours installation and I might get 2 hours in. Well, I never expected to play it Thursdday, I went first class so I wouldn't miss the weekend.

And I want that red controller, no chance of getting it now?
Check if GAME have stock...its expensive there though (inb4 "RRP" of Xenoblade=£40 and "RRP" of CC Pro=£20 so game+CC Pro=£50=bargains)

vitacola

slaughterking said:
The game gave me a little trouble while trying to install it. For whatever reason my Wii crashed a few times, but now it's going smoothly. 52 minutes left.
Which loader are you using?

wrowa

slaughterking said:
Damn, the installation crashed again. It seems like it doesn't like my memory stick anymore. :I
Worked fine for me. I had to update all of that IOS stuff again, though -- I haven't touched the Wii in ages. I'm still at firmware 4.0 even.

Just picked it up. I ordered the normal edition, but the guy behind the counter asked if I was interested in the posters. I said sure, and know I have a huge cardboard box with all the posters in it :D Anyway, off to play.

RPGCrazied said:
Wow. I just noticed. The game hasn't gotten 1 review under 9. NoA I bet is shaking in their boots now. :p

Well actually it's gotten 2 under 90 (not on Metacritic though)...an 86 from German GamePro and an 87 from Austrian/German CONSOL.AT/Plus. Who knows if they'll add them though.

And once again, NoA are total morons who don't understand anything.

Edit:

RPGCrazied said:
Any other big sites/magazines left that hasn't reviewed it? I was hoping someone would do a video review. :/ I guess they don't do that in Europe.

GamePro did...in German.

mclem

I know it's a great game and fully deserving of the plaudits, and all, but if I were a European reviewer I would be sorely tempted to nudge the score up a little as an acknowledgement for the effort that NoE went to to bring the game to these shores.

vitacola

slaughterking said:
The configurable USB Loader.
Argh. Hope mine will work :D

GasProblem said:
Just picked it up. I ordered the normal edition, but the guy behind the counter asked if I was interested in the posters. I said sure, and know I have a huge cardboard box with all the posters in it :D Anyway, off to play.
Where?

RPGCrazied

Any other big sites/magazines left that hasn't reviewed it? I was hoping someone would do a video review. :/ I guess they don't do that in Europe.

slaughterking said:
bw6ijwas7ntkan787.jpg

Das nette Cover völlig verschandelt mit M und Bild!

mclem

I don't have a camera to hand, but you should see the back of the CE. So much fine print in so many languages.

Edit: Oooh, just noticed: "IMPORTANT: Unauthorised technical modifications to your Wii console may render this game unplayable". I very much doubt that there's anything to worry about, but I don't recall seeing that warning on other titles. I wonder if it was added as a token effort to try to dissuade Americans from importing.

Apenheul

Pikma said:
Thanks for the info! :(
I'm ordering that damn thing tomorrow once and for all then, at least I'll be able to play SSBB again. :)

The lens cleaning kit doesn't necessarily solve the problem. I have one and it made certain games that would often fail (e.g. Monster Hunter Tri, CoD: Black Ops) work again, but still not dual-layer games so I still can't play Xenoblade.

RPGCrazied

That's another thing about the logo's. Why couldn't they just put them all on the shrink wrap with stickers? That way when you take that off, you'll have a case with beautiful cover art and nothing in the way of it.

mclem

RPGCrazied said:
That's another thing about the logo's. Why couldn't they just put them all on the shrink wrap with stickers? That way when you take that off, you'll have a case with beautiful cover art and nothing in the way of it.

I would *guess* that it's because then the logo isn't present for second-hand sales.

That said, I've seen the individual packages from the GTA twin pack (3 and VC) from ages ago crop up in stores, and I don't think those had warning logos on - I think the warning logos were on the outer cardboard.

Torraz

vitacola said:
Argh. Hope mine will work :D

Where?

Same for me. I also got the posters with the normal edition.

At a game-mania in the Netherlands.

edit:

Oh, and my pal version does not have the german green USK logo, just the pegi one.

wrowa

slaughterking said:
It's "just" an artwork like Star Successor had it and not a real cover at all.
I don't even like the look of it very much. The artwork is great, but used as a cover it looks... off. I would have preferred if they put the Wii logo on it, actually. Something that makes it look a bit more "cover-ish".

Apenheul said:
The lens cleaning kit doesn't necessarily solve the problem. I have one and it made certain games that would often fail (e.g. Monster Hunter Tri, CoD: Black Ops) work again, but still not dual-layer games so I still can't play Xenoblade.

My MH3 copy has recently started to fail often (but sometimes it can keep going for a long time after some tries). Why is MH3 different?

RPGCrazied

My Wii's disc drive is in great shape. I hardly play my Wii, that maybe why. :lol. Oh things are going to change so hard with this game and Skyward Sword. I might just put them on my HD though.

mclem said:
Edit: Oooh, just noticed: "IMPORTANT: Unauthorised technical modifications to your Wii console may render this game unplayable". I very much doubt that there's anything to worry about, but I don't recall seeing that warning on other titles. I wonder if it was added as a token effort to try to dissuade Americans from importing.
Its been on plenty of other titles, I can't remember when they started doing it though.

Apenheul

Bel Marduk said:
My MH3 copy has recently started to fail often (but sometimes it can keep going for a long time after some tries). Why is MH3 different?

I had the exact same problem, don't know why MH3 is different but that game now works without fail again.

RPGCrazied

Shiggy said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6074/6055936614_533dceaa8f_b.jpg[IMG]

Some great picture, if you don't see Shulk's face.[/QUOTE]

I'm using that as my wallpaper, but logo less. Is there a bigger version for my resolution? 1920x1080

Luigiv

mclem said:
I don't have a camera to hand, but you should see the back of the CE. So much fine print in so many languages.

Yeah, typical Nintendo FUD.

BorndatascalP

Neo Member
I just received my order from a Dutch vendor. I think they included the signed posters as it is send in Katamari Damacy shaped packaging ;) Anyway,... looking forward to unboxing and sighing.

ndv7yp.jpg

Murkas

Just found out you can fast travel, thank fuck. It was needed! Map is huge.

Also who said the dub was fine?! Man I get enough of Brits in real life, I don't need it in my games too!

Hmm, would it be possible to rent a dual layer game like SSBB from GameStop and see if it works on my Wii or not, and if it doesn't, send the Wii to Nintendo with the rental disc (in a different case lol)? How much would renting a game for 2 weeks be? Just as an alternative to Cfg.

RPGCrazied

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm, would it be possible to rent a dual layer game like SSBB from GameStop and see if it works on my Wii or not, and if it doesn't, send the Wii to Nintendo with the rental disc (in a different case lol)? How much would renting a game for 2 weeks be?

I forgot where. But there is a part, like the movie section in that game, that's on the 2nd layer. If it plays fine, your drive is fine for dual layered games.

Here it would be like $10 or so for two weeks. I guess it depends on your store.

wrowa

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm, would it be possible to rent a dual layer game like SSBB from GameStop and see if it works on my Wii or not, and if it doesn't, send the Wii to Nintendo with the rental disc (in a different case lol)? How much would renting a game for 2 weeks be? Just as an alternative to Cfg.
Why would you need to send the Wii to Nintendo with the game?

RPGCrazied

Yeah. I wouldn't. You might not get it back. Just when you talk to them or call, just say something is wrong with your Wii's drive with dual layered games. They probably will just replace the drive with a newer one.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. I wouldn't. You might not get it back. Just when you talk to them or call, just say something is wrong with your Wii's drive with dual layered games. They probably will just replace the drive with a newer one.

Not get what back? The game? They wouldn't just take it lol. And unless they bended the rules a bit, I'd have to send the game too.

RPGCrazied

You never know. :p When I had to send in my 360 for repairs, I left a game in. I didn't care for it, but It wasn't in the drive when I got the system back. I wouldn't take chances, but its your choice.

How old is your Wii? Mine is probably about a year old.

grumpy

Xenobureido in da house!

Qbkap.jpg

082IF.jpg

Poster size compared to a 15" Macbook Pro and the DVD case.

2N13U.jpg
/salute

See ya in a couple of weeks, everyone.

Aeana said:
Honestly, if you're worried about your Wii's disc drive, you should really consider USB Loader.

I just might.

RPGCrazied said:
You never know. :p When I had to send in my 360 for repairs, I left a game in. I didn't care for it, but It wasn't in the drive when I got the system back. I wouldn't take chances, but its your choice.

How old is your Wii? Mine is probably about a year old.

Weird but I think it's a different case. They say bring your disc to test your disc so you should be able to get it back. I mean I haven't heard about anyone complaining that they didn't get their own disc back.

Mine's from early 2007.

RPGCrazied

grumpy said:
Xenobureido in da house!

http://i.imgur.com/Qbkap.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/082IF.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2N13U.jpg[IMG] /salute

See ya in a couple of weeks, everyone.[/QUOTE]

Jealous!!

By the way. What's everyone's main team going to be?

Mine's is going to be Shulk, Reyn and Dunban(is that how you spell it? :P). Riki looks interesting, never seen him in battle before.

Top Bottom