• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Keasar

Package should arrive today, if it was sent out Wednesday. Clock is 13:44 and the wait, is, on.
wn5WY.jpg

Zafir

Android18a said:
I've had the homebrew channel on my Wii for a while but have been running Xenoblade through a USB Loader. Although to be honest, I havent used my Wii for so long I dont think I'd miss the homebrew. If I did the system update would it just remove it without breaking my Wii?
Which update are you on about? The IOS update will just remove the IOS used in the USB loader, which you can then install to a different slot later. It won't remove the homebrew channel. As for the 4.3 update, that won't remove the homebrew channel either if you have the channel updated to the latest version.

wrowa

Android18a said:
I've had the homebrew channel on my Wii for a while but have been running Xenoblade through a USB Loader. Although to be honest, I havent used my Wii for so long I dont think I'd miss the homebrew. If I did the system update would it just remove it without breaking my Wii?
I'm confused. You are playing Xenoblade through a USB loader but you want to remove homebrew from your system? In that case you would lose the USB Loader too, you are aware of that?

Anyway, why do you want to update you Wii in the first place? I'm still on 4.0 and Xenoblade runs just fine without an update.

Zafir said:
Hate that the classic controller connects to your wii mote. Wastes the wii mote battery. >.<

I thought that takes up less battery? At least that's what I noticed. Or maybe I've just had strange cases...

Zafir said:
Which update are you on about? The IOS update will just remove the IOS used in the USB loader, which you can then install to a different slot later. It won't remove the homebrew channel. As for the 4.3 update, that won't remove the homebrew channel either if you have the channel updated to the latest version.

I mean the one on the disc. :p

I havent updated homebrew channel for a couple of years. Wouldn't know how without reading up on it now :p

Bel Marduk said:
I thought that takes up less battery? At least that's what I noticed. Or maybe I've just had strange cases...
Yes, it does. Batteries live forever with the Classic Controller since it doesn't have rumble. I get about 60 hours out of a fresh pair of batteries.

Gambit

Just home from uni and an amazon package was waiting for me...Xenoblade get!

I shall wield it later today. Actually there's no time like now. Thank you NoE, I love you.

Zafir

CoolS said:
What else should it connect to? oO
The gamecube ports. Then again the new console doesn't even have them.

I dunno it just bugs me for some reason, having to have the wii mote with you. It's silly I know.

Hazanko said:
Just got the game, and typically my wii can't read the disk! Nooooooo.
Could try getting one of those official nintendo lense cleaners?

Android18a said:
I mean the one on the disc. :p

I havent updated homebrew channel for a couple of years. Wouldn't know how without reading up on it now :p
Thats the IOS one then. It'll just remove the IOS, which you can easily just reinstall in a different slot. I'd check the Neogaf thread if and when you want to reinstall the IOS.

warpaint

sweet go my email from amazon last night saying its on the way so i hope there fast and i get it today or tomorrow so i can have a good play over the weekend

Sometimes NOE does change names between European countries (for instance in the German verison of Fire Emblem I remember Hawkeye being called Tronk) but I assume due to voice acting they might not this time.

Suzzopher said:
So, anyone else not able to download the soundtrack? Mine keeps downloading an empty folder.
When I did it this morning (7:30AM) it worked fine and dowlonaded quickly.

Bel Marduk said:
Wii remote seems to have several power levels from what I understand:
-High precision pointer
-Low precision pointer (this is why the systme menu can be jerkier to control than games)
-No pointer

Also speaker and rumble affect it (some say even if the game doesn't use these).

mclem

Oxx said:
Is there anything I should be ranting about in the text boxes of the Xenoblade survey registration survey?

I mean, now that Last Story has been confirmed there aren't too many burning localisation issues.

I'll just write 'FIRE EMBLEM' 2000 times.

I think I'm going to express disappointment on behalf of my American chums (while acknowledging it's not NoE's fault), then turn around and state my distress over the potential for Atlus titles on the 3DS not coming here. Did Nintendo themselves publish the European version of Etrian Odyssey? I think that might be the tack I take.

warpaint

what everyone thought on using the wiimote to the CC is it fine to play with the wiimote, i do have a CC but i just would like some idea on how well it plays with the wiimote

Ledsen

SecretMoblin said:
One thing I don't like about what the localization team did (yes, I spell it with a 'z' and pronounce the letter 'zee', my European friends) is that ugly 'y' in 'Reyn'.

If the katakana is &#12521;&#12452;&#12531;, doesn't it make more sense to spell it the way it was originally spelled, "Rein"?

The superfluous 'y' reminds me of the terrible fantasy trope in the West of putting apostrophes everywhere to make something sound more exotic -- except in this case, it ends up looking stupid. Why not just go all-out and name him 'Reynn'?
Reh'yinn

Zornica

Banned
Jucksalbe said:
Are the names the same in all of the (European) languages? "Rein" would be a pretty stupid name in German, maybe that's why they went with "Reyn".

they are all the same.
the german names would be closer to the japaneses originals due to their similar spelling -> &#12521;&#12452;&#12531; translates to "rain", which would sound like rain in english, but like ra-in in german [vergleichbar mit "mais" oder hai]

bubnbob

Banned
Wiimote + Chuck is perfectly fine for playing. Maybe even more comfortable. The only "issue" is camera control, but you can auto-correct it by pressing Z anyway.

2San

So finally bought it and a wii as well(didn't have one yet). I got these posters for free(I got the lower two double). :3

YB19x.jpg

MicH

Neon_Icarus said:
Damn. No Xenoblade today. :(

Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday... (No mail in my country on Saturdays...)
Yep, same for me. Oh well, at least I'll have a busy weekend so I won't have time before Tuesday anyway.

Kerub

Banned
Would this be a good jrpg to start with? I think FF9 is the only jrpg I've played.

Tempted to pick this up after reading the impressions here.

Kerub said:
Would this be a good jrpg to start with? I think FF9 is the only jrpg I've played.

Definitely yeah, just be prepared to be overwhelmed with the amount of content

This game feels so well put together; every little piece is strongly linked. I am impressed by the combat/relationship/sidequest machine they have.
I have a feeling that they might be branching story lines which would make it really important who you fight alongside, heal, and encourage... because it may dictate where the story goes(don't spoil that for me).

Mistle

Kerub said:

FF9 and Skies of Arcadia are my favourite JRPG's (along with the Paper Mario's), and so far Xenoblade has been extremely impressive.

2San

Btw does the whole affinity have an actual effect on the storyline? I get pretty ocd with these things if it influences the actual story.

Oxx

Typical. Game arrives and it's the nicest day of the week. I wish it was a handheld game so that I could play in the sunshine.

weeaboo

Also this game needs a bestiary so bad. It's really weird that a RPG so well designed haven't got one. It's probably my biggest (and only) serious complain so far.

Zwei

2San said:
So finally bought it and a wii as well(didn't have one yet). I got these posters for free(I got the lower two double). :3

http://i.imgur.com/YB19x.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

a new Wii, 3 posters, and the collectors edition?

Ah, good times..

RPGCrazied

weeaboo said:
Not at all! I'm just scared of what you could do if you do not have the game this weekend.

Mope around? :p Nah, I'll just keep this thread company! It'll be a far stretch for me to get it today. UK to Texas is not a stone's throw away. Hell, it probably just barely left the UK.

I won't say I'm as excited as others because I already played a fait bit in Japanese.
But it's always nice to say that the game arrived at my doorstep this morning.

2San

Zwei said:
a new Wii, 3 posters, and the collectors edition?

Ah, good times..
Indeed. Definitely glad I went for it. It's not really a collectors edition though, it feels more like a controller and game bundle if anything.

Dragon

Banned
Alright guys. I think I'm going to jump in. About to order a Wii from Amazon. I know it's probably been said in this thread multiple times but as an American what's the best place to order to import the game?

Top Bottom