• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Sennorin

Banned
Varion said:
There's no timer unfortunately. Although is the fish monster you're referring to the one in front of a mining point? If so try changing the time of day, it wasn't there when I finally did that quest. Think the L70 fishes only come out at night.

Thx, will try that :D

And yes, killing whole families of certain monsters makes me feel reaaaally bad.

RPGCrazied said:
I must be doing something wrong, or my settings are. Most Wii games look like ass on my TV. Its a Samsung 32" 720p. Every time I play a Wii game I'm usually always messing around with the settings to get a better picture. Why can't the Wii use HDMI? If it did I could play on this 23" monitor, and 100% positive it would look so much better. Yes, I have component.

I play with component cables on mine and most games look great. I don't have Xenoblade yet because 365games hasn't shipped it yet.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
I don't get it. I thought Samsung is a good TV brand? It was a Christmas present a few years ago, and the people buying it for me knew I was an avid gamer. What kind of settings do you use?

Backlight level?
Sharpness?
Contrast?

It's not the TV. Different games look different, and Xenoblade happens to look particularly shit on an HDTV.

Mr YuYu

Anybody else having problems to open the soundtrack from its zip file?
The download from the nintendosite seems to go fine but when i try to extract the songs from the zipfile it errors out.

File is damaged or something? or am i doing something wrong?

Tried to download it 2 times allready.

The download from the nintendosite seems to go fine but when i try to extract the songs from the zipfile it errors out.

I got problems with it too. It's all fine until it hits 77%, then it just... stops.

Mr YuYu said:

Nintendo's download server is apparently pretty bad and people have trouble downloading the OST. Your download probably didn't finish properly and left a corrupted/incomplete file in your download folder.
Nintendo is not good with the interwebs. :I

What's the deal with
Warrior plate and Empress plate
? I have both of those but no one can equip them, is it for future characters? They're both body armor

Aeana

BlazingDarkness said:
What's the deal with
Warrior plate and Empress plate
? I have both of those but no one can equip them, is it for future characters? They're both body armor
IIRC those are heavy armor? So you need to learn the skill, or link the skill on characters you want to equip them on.

RPGCrazied

slaughterking said:
So you fear Zavvi accidentally shipped a Twilight BluRay instead of Xenoblade to you? :p

I fear I won't get it today. If they ship me the wrong thing, it won't be a good day for anyone around me. :p

Sadist

lol @ the Nintendo buys Monolith Soft thread.

Story spoiler:
I just beat the the tentacle Mechon and faced another Face Mechon. They kinda remind of Bayformers Starscream, but better.

RPGCrazied said:
2 hours until mail arrives! I'm fearing the worst though.
KVhX7.jpg

2h30 in, done with I assume was the prologue. Good game so far.

I'm really liking the system, the game doesn't look as bad as I feared, it seems Takahashi has finally learned how not to be a complacent asshole and the music is pretty great.

But come on, Only THREE SAVES ? Fuck that. That's honestly my only gripe so far.

A game that has a semi-open world, loot, side quests, fast travel and a skill tree can't go wrong in my book. Hell, it even has achievements.

My biggest concern is that I go through all the song and dance of hacking my Wii...and then Nintendo announces it's getting localized for North America...this is how my life works.

Zafir

Where are the Brogs in the Bionis' Leg? Need meat off them, managed to get one piece of the unique monster you need to kill for a quest, but can't find any more...

Palette Swap said:
2h30 in, done with I assume was the prologue. Good game so far.

I'm really liking the system, the game doesn't look as bad as I feared, it seems Takahashi has finally learned how not to be a complacent asshole and the music is pretty great.

But come on, Only THREE SAVES ? Fuck that. That's honestly my only gripe so far.

A game that has a semi-open world, loot, side quests, fast travel and a skill tree can't go wrong in my book. Hell, it even has achievements.
orly?

RPGCrazied

bigdaddygamebot said:
My biggest concern is that I go through all the song and dance of hacking my Wii...and then Nintendo announces it's getting localized for North America...this is how my life works.

Even if they do, it probably won't be until 2012 sometime. I'd say go for it now, you'll get to play it much faster.

Ledsen

bigdaddygamebot said:

Hacking your Wii will take an hour tops and you will get many more advantages than simply being able to play Xenoblade (like installing your games on USB sticks/a hard drive).

Aeana

bigdaddygamebot said:
So you'd have a hacked Wii that allows you to play your games from a hard drive with reduced loading times and less wear on the disc drive, and a game that cost less than it would have at retail in North America. Sounds win/win to me!

epmode

bigdaddygamebot said:
Song and dance = 1 SD card and roughly 20 minutes of your time.

And if you bother with the USB loader, you'll be kicking yourself for not hacking your system years ago.

bigdaddygamebot said:

You don't lose anything by hacking your Wii.. and you gain the ability to play your existing games off of a hard drive for faster loading..

Even if they were to announce that they were bringing it here (which they won't), it wouldn't be until Europe's sales numbers were in.. and it's far, far too early for that.

Got through the Ether Mine today.
I had to retry the first Xord battle a few times. Again, I seemed to have a lot of difficulty the first few times, then the next try was easy. I think sometimes it comes down to a bit of luck with aggro. The second battle was a breeze though. I'm going to miss Xord though. I enjoyed his voice. lmao.

The story
is still picking up, with the addition of the Telethia, the guardians of Bionis, and the strange man who seems to be able to communicate with both them and Shulk through the Monado. During the vision it also looked like their was someone inside of Metal Face? Or maybe I saw that wrong.

However, I still can't enter Colony 6? Or at least the back entrance was still closed. Does it open later in the story?

Aeana

CruxisMana said:
However, I still can't enter Colony 6? Or at least the back entrance was still closed. Does it open later in the story?
Yes, it does and there's a big set of sidequests for rebuilding it with some great rewards.

Wow...okay... :/

Had no idea it was "better" so to speak.

So...the only game I play online is Monster Hunter Tri. The hacked Wii won't prevent me from getting online and playing it?

I know this sounds stupid. I just thought the the big three had a way of "knowing" these days that your console is hacked? Once again...sorry if this sounds stupid.

I do believe I'm going to make this my Saturday project then...

RPGCrazied said:
Also. I think waiting the 1-2 weeks is more annoying then hacking your Wii.

I'm completely fine with the wait. Two weeks blows by quick. It's fucking something up that concerns me.

Erasus

I don't have a Wii, but I have a feel I would like the game a lot as I loved FFXIIs battle system.

I don't really get why they made this for the Wii instead of the PC/PS3/360 as it does not seem to use any of the Wii features so its like playing and xbox 1 game in 2011. I mean imagine this in 720/1080p on a modern engine.

bigdaddygamebot said:

So...the only game I play online is Monster Hunter Tri. The hacked Wii won't prevent me from getting online and playing it?

I know this sounds stupid. I just thought the the big three had a way of "knowing" these days that your console is hacked? Once again...sorry if this sounds stupid.

People didn't have any problem to play MH Tri with their hacked Wii back when I played it. I doubt that has changed.

I don't really get why they made this for the Wii instead of the PC/PS3/360

Nintendo is not yet 3rd party.

Seik

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:

I'm completely fine with the wait. Two weeks blows by quick. It's fucking something up that concerns me.

As long as you follow the GAF tutorial, you should have no problems at all. And yes, MHTri works fine :) I tried it myself.

Aeana

Erasus said:
I don't have a Wii, but I have a feel I would like the game a lot as I loved FFXIIs battle system.

I don't really get why they made this for the Wii instead of the PC/PS3/360 as it does not seem to use any of the Wii features so its like playing and xbox 1 game in 2011. I mean imagine this in 720/1080p on a modern engine.
Because Nintendo owns the developer.

Zwei said:
what does this mean?
It means I absolutely hated the storytelling in Xenosaga Episode I, because it was mostly mired in pseudo-mystical bullshit while not doing the elementary job of making me care at all for the characters or what was going on. It actually built on the stuff I didn't like in Xenogears (all the idiotic mystical/philosophical navel gazing) while leaving out my favorite parts (character development, a story actually unfolding). XS III was on a better track but not completely there.

The first hours of Xenoblade are leaps and bounds above that and convey way more stuff IMO.

I don't mean to derail the thread so I'll leave it at that. My point is that from what I've seen, people who disliked the guy's previous works should be more than okay with this one.

Seik said:
As long as you follow the GAF tutorial, you should have no problems at all. And yes, MHTri works fine :) I tried it myself.

Okay...reading through the instructions now.

I know...it seems simple but I`m already feeling anxious about doing this. : /

<--- pussy

I do believe I'll need to buy a bigger SD card as well.

Seik

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
Okay...reading through the instructions now.

I know...it seems simple but I`m already feeling anxious about doing this. : /

<--- pussy

I do believe I'll need to buy a bigger SD card as well.

Yeah, I was on the fence too last week. But after doing it you won't regret, GUARANTEED! :D

I'm using a 2Go SD card and it's perfect. You can find one for around 5$ these days.

Peff

Aeana said:
Yes, it does and there's a big set of sidequests for rebuilding it with some great rewards.

How many waves do you have to defeat in the bridge in order to finish the first quest? I went there after I got to the fetch quest in Satori Marsh and managed to defeat the first mob of six only to find out that there's another higher level one spawning right there. Is that the last one?

Seik said:
Yeah, I was on the fence too last week. But after doing it you won't regret, GUARANTEED! :D

I'm using a 2Go SD card and it's perfect. You can find one for around 5$ these days.

What size (storage cpacity) am I looking for?

Also...is this Homebrew Channel also the thing guys use on here to make their Wii games look super good?

Bisonian

Is there any way of knowing if you acquired or completed all the quests in a given area? What about found all the NPCs for the affinity menu? Does it unlock an achievement or something?

Everytime I walk through Colony 9 I seem to find more people I haven't talked to, so it's scratching my OCD in a bad place.

RPGCrazied

bigdaddygamebot said:

Also...is this Homebrew Channel also the thing guys use on here to make their Wii games look super good?

Dolphin?

No, thats a PC emulator.

Sennorin

Banned
Bisonian said:
Is there any way of knowing if you acquired or completed all the quests in a given area? What about found all the NPCs for the affinity menu? Does it unlock an achievement or something?

Everytime I walk through Colony 9 I seem to find more people I haven't talked to, so it's scratching my OCD in a bad place.

Forget about that OCD-shit and play the game so that it is fun.

Seik

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:

2Go like I said is perfect.

The Wii CAN'T go beyond 480p, no programs, hack or anything can make it better. Those awesome HD screenshots you see there are from an emulator called Dolphin. For more information I suggest you the Dolphin thread.

Durante

Bisonian said:
I know exactly what you are talking about, I got the "talk 100 times" achievement less than an hour into the game.

Bisonian

Durante said:
I know exactly what you are talking about, I got the "talk 100 times" achievement less than an hour into the game.

Haha, yeah exactly. I know it may not be the most sane way to play it, but I'm having great fun running around and exploring and letting sub-quests lead me and fighting named mobs. So, more NPCs and more quests is fine with me.

I noticed there's an achievement for "becoming friends with all the soldiers of Colony 9", but I'm not sure that's quite what I was asking about.

Top Bottom