• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

The AI in this game is pretty smart. Just having a fight and I got an add (another monster joined in the fight), one of the characters immediately used an arte and put it to sleep - then carried on fighting the original nasty.

Man - this game is really special. Both the girlfriend and I are playing in the lounge - she's a bit ahead of me though. So if I turn around - I get spoilers!

Zafir said:
Just wait a long time I think. That's what I had to do for the unique monster in colony 9 that I accidentally killed before getting the quest.

I'm in the same situation with the terkin unique. Stuck waiting for it to respawn.
Yeah
Violent Andante, Trainer Harmelon and Vagrant Alfead aren't where they should be

weeaboo

Does this game have a theatre option to rewatch all the cutscenes? I love the british dub but I just realized that Norio Wakamoto is in this game.

Antagon

BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah
Violent Andante, Trainer Harmelon and Vagrant Alfead aren't where they should be

At what level did you kill Violent Andante? At lvl 18 he was still kicking my ass :(

FreeMufasa

I'm having freezing problems with USB loader so I don't want to start it till I get it sorted. Losing progress in an RPG makes me rage hard.

For those that have it, I have two questions. What is the save system like? Can you save anywhere, only at specific locations, save & heal etc.

And if you die from a battle, do you have to reload a save or are there checkpoints scattered around?

RPGCrazied said:
Fuck! ;/ The mail didn't have it. I sure hope to god this didn't get lost or something
Dude, it would've been a miracle if you've gotten the game one day after the European launch. :p
Be prepared to wait at least until the end of next week.

weeaboo

FreeMufasa said:
I'm having freezing problems with USB loader so I don't want to start it till I get it sorted. Losing progress in an RPG makes me rage hard.

For those that have it, I have two questions. What is the save system like? Can you save anywhere, only at specific locations, save & heal etc.

And if you die from a battle, do you have to reload a save or are there checkpoints scattered around?

You can save anywhere and there's no death penalty at all, you just respawn at the nearest landmark. It's a very well designed game :D

RPGCrazied

slaughterking said:
Dude, it would've been a miracle if you've gotten the game one day after the European launch. :p
Be prepared to wait at least until the end of next week.

But it shipped last Monday. Zavvi shipped out the first batch of early preorders early.

FreeMufasa said:

Why can't you just play it off the disc then?

RPGCrazied said:
But it shipped last Monday. Zavvi shipped out the first batch of early preorders early.
I know and that is still not even one full week of wait. I regularly import games from North America to Europe and I usually have to wait at least 10 (+/-) business days.

RPGCrazied

Two people from the US in here, one from my state no less, got something in 6 days? Knowing my luck its in the mail sorting room in my city.

Seik

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it ;)

I cannot count how many time I was being upset about a package and I finally received it just few days later. Stay cool, it'll get to ya. :)

EDIT: Canada here, and I wonder if I'll even get it next week...:(

Zafir said:
Just wait a long time I think. That's what I had to do for the unique monster in colony 9 that I accidentally killed before getting the quest.

I'm in the same situation with the terkin unique. Stuck waiting for it to respawn.

Do you know if it's related to the ingame clock or the system's clock, 'cause I'm in the same situation with a couple of quests.

Also I know it's been said earlier, but the lack of a beastiary/location information for creatures and people is really annoying given how streamlined and accessible the rest of the game strives to be.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
if it makes you feel better i didn't get it today ;P

Still a chance for UPS right? Free shipping though, so I doubt its coming UPS. Oh wait, they don't run on the weekends. Well, this weekend is screwed I guess.

Seik said:
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it ;)

I cannot count how many time I was being upset about a package and I finally received it just few days later. Stay cool, it'll get to ya. :)

EDIT: Canada here, and I wonder if I'll even get it next week...:(

Oh, I'm trying, really I am! Maybe I should stop entering this thread until I get. Seeing everyone love the game and talk about their adventures is making me sad. :p

RPGCrazied said:
Two people from the US in here, one from my state no less, got something in 6 days? Knowing my luck its in the mail sorting room in my city.
You're starting to flap, son. Take a chill pill.

FreeMufasa said:
Load times really bother me. But I'll have to if I don't get it sorted by tonight.
There's very little loading to interupt the play in this game and it's never very long.

RPGCrazied said:
Still a chance for UPS right? Free shipping though, so I doubt its coming UPS. Oh wait, they don't run on the weekends. Well, this weekend is screwed I guess.

Oh, I'm trying, really I am! Maybe I should stop entering this thread until I get. Seeing everyone love the game and talk about their adventures is making me sad. :p
we can add in FedEx and DHL lol.

RPGCrazied

Corleth the Fey said:
You're starting to flap, son. Take a chill pill.

There's very little loading to interupt the play in this game and it's never very long.

My username is quite fitting, wouldn't you say?

CoolS

Question: There is this one unique mob
White something near the lake Raguel
that is supposed to appear when there is a thunderstorm. But I can't find the fucker :( any help?

Phenomic

RPGCrazied said:

Where did they order from and what states?

Aeana

CoolS said:
that is supposed to appear when there is a thunderstorm. But I can't find the fucker :( any help?
It's on the island in the lake.

RPGCrazied

DownLikeBCPowder said:
How many United States people have received their games yet, if any?

I really don't think anyone from the USA has it yet. Least I don't know. I'd like to know too, so I can figure out by their location when to expect it.

Yuterald

I didn't get mine yet either and I'm in PA. It's cool though, I've been obsessed with the Score Attack Mode in El Shaddai getting G Ranks and I've got Trinity Souls of Zill O'll to chill out with on the side. I've waited this long a couple more days isn't going to kill me.

CoolS said:

There's an island in the middle of the lake at water level. He'll be there during a storm (make sure it's an actual storm not just raining).

RPGCrazied said:
My username is quite fitting, wouldn't you say?
Heh, yep. I know it's hard, but set your sights on it turning up next weekend - it has a very good chance of that. Do anything you need done this weekend, and have the whole of next weekend ready and free for the game.

Whenever it turns up - I 100% guarantee you're going to have 'crazy' love for it!

CoolS

Aeana said:
It's on the island in the lake.

Mhh the one with the bird mobs? I checked there last time probably was only rain then. but thanks anyway :)

Die Squirrel Die said:
There's an island in the middle of the lake at water level. He'll be there during a storm (make sure it's an actual storm not just raining).

Yep, that was the problem then ^^

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Woo, got my CE! The "Not to be sold separately" in seven different languages plastered across the cover is kind of annoying though, and negates some of the coolness inherent in having gone out of my way to get the CE. I could stand it if it were just the PEGI and USK logos, but this seems overkill.

Hm... now, should I play it now, or wait until I'm home next week? :D

CoolS said:
Mhh the one with the bird mobs? I checked there last time probably was only rain then. but thanks anyway :)

I had a lot of trouble with that one too. Sometimes it can be hard to tell about the specific changes in weather. Sometimes I think the game is just trying to annoy me :/

RPGCrazied

Phenomic said:
Where did they order from and what states?

Zavvi. The same place I bought it from. Zewi I think his name is, is from Texas, same as me. eLzhi, or something like that, don't recall their exact names and I don't know his location.

Dragon

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Zavvi. The same place I bought it from. Zewi I think his name is, is from Texas, same as me. eLzhi, or something like that, don't recall their exact names and I don't know his location.

If you were near me I'd take you out for a drink to calm you down. Seriously play another game, it'll get there when it gets there. Be happy you know it's shipped, mine hasn't even done that :/

Zafir

Antagon said:
At what level did you kill Violent Andante? At lvl 18 he was still kicking my ass :(
I beat it at level 17. My tip is to clear out all the surrounding mobs, and make sure Reyn manages to keep aggro. Every time your health skill recharges, use it on who evers lost the most health(usually Reyn) and Sharla should keep health up aswell. I had a bit of trouble at first because more mobs kept on aggroing, but without them it wasn't any trouble.

RPGCrazied said:

I'm a Zavvi guy, too, and I'm in MN.

But I have the latest version of VVVVVV to hold me over until it arrives, so I'm fine with waiting and reading these wonderful early impressions of the game.

RPGCrazied

TheBranca18 said:
If you were near me I'd take you out for a drink to calm you down. Seriously play another game, it'll get there when it gets there. Be happy you know it's shipped, mine hasn't even done that :/

Its all good. I really don't have much to play right now. I might watch some anime. I have a few series to start watching. I don't drink though. :p I know its shipped, but I don't know where it is, if it got lost, if it was stolen or what. If it is, i'm really screwed since I live in the US. I'm not going to call some international number to ask about my order.

Zafir

Lissar said:
Woo, got my CE! The "Not to be sold separately" in seven different languages plastered across the cover is kind of annoying though, and negates some of the coolness inherent in having gone out of my way to get the CE. I could stand it if it were just the PEGI and USK logos, but this seems overkill.

Hm... now, should I play it now, or wait until I'm home next week? :D

I had a lot of trouble with that one too. Sometimes it can be hard to tell about the specific changes in weather. Sometimes I think the game is just trying to annoy me :/
Yeah I know what you mean. I was annoyed when I saw that on the box. Usually the not sold seperately is put where the barcode usually is, would have much rathered that.

Mysterious Face's voice
Bahahaha cockney robots, so good
I beat
Tentacle Mechon
real easy with a level 25 party, definitely overleveled for that - the cutscenes were really good

RPGCrazied

There is an upside though! When I finally do get my copy, so many EU people will have it beat. So if I have a problem with a boss or quest, I know EUGAF will help me. :)

BlazingDarkness said:
Mysterious Face's voice
Bahahaha cockney robots, so good
I beat
Tentacle Mechon
real easy with a level 25 party, definitely overleveled for that - the cutscenes were really good
Wow, lol are you pretty much doing every side quest?

Antagon

Zafir said:
I beat it at level 17. My tip is to clear out all the surrounding mobs, and make sure Reyn manages to keep aggro. Every time your health skill recharges, use it on who evers lost the most health(usually Reyn) and Sharla should keep health up aswell. I had a bit of trouble at first because more mobs kept on aggroing, but without them it wasn't any trouble.

Personally haven't gotten Sharla yet. Didn't want to continue with the story as I don't know when I lose those quests but I guess I'll just do that until I've gotten Sharla.

At 9 hours now.

My party is level 22 each, and I've just entered
Colony 6's Drainage system

The only real deaths I've had so far was from overpowered groups from my exploration, and from getting mobbed by like 10 Mechon along a certain route on the way to where I am now.

I just quick traveled to Spiral Valley and almost shit myself
massive level 90 blue baboon Immovable Gonzalez right in front of me

In better news, two of those unique mobs respawned so I was able to complete those quests, just waiting on one more

Antagon said:
Personally haven't gotten Sharla yet. Didn't want to continue with the story as I don't know when I lose those quests but I guess I'll just do that until I've gotten Sharla.

I've gotten next major area after Gaur Plains and all of the sidequests are still there.

BlazingDarkness said:
massive level 90 blue baboon Immovable Gonzalez right in front of me [/spoiler
:lol

I did that too.

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
massive level 90 blue baboon Immovable Gonzalez right in front of me

In better news, two of those unique mobs respawned so I was able to complete those quests, just waiting on one more
Any idea on how long it took for 'em to respawn?

LProtag

Yeah, nothing today. Nor my replacement debit card my band is sending because they forced me to close my old one as this 'possible fraudulent activity' made them finally realize they should tell me my card had been compromised. I had to ask my mom to loan me 40 dollars in cash because I'm low on gas and all my money is in my checking account, blargh. Seriously Bank of America, it would have been nice to tell me my card had been compromised before waiting to see if any weird charges went on my account.

Top Bottom