• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

watershed

Banned
Toma said:
The cheapest I've seen was 45€ - about 65$
Okay thanks. One of my hesitations about importing, though I've already tried several times, is the cost. It would be a tad irresponsible of me to spend too much on gaming at the moment.

Edit: What a terrible top page post :(

wazoo said:
Just a sidenote.

For all who mod the wii for Xenoblade, import Disaster Day of Crisis !
Ohhhh... I have a bunch of credit of CEX so I'll look it up after work. Thanks for the reminder! =)

And I might have an extra CE copy coming in, so if any of you guys are interested, I'll let you guys know if/when it comes in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
donkey show said:
Ohhhh... I have a bunch of credit of CEX so I'll look it up after work. Thanks for the reminder! =)

And I might have an extra CE copy coming in, so if any of you guys are interested, I'll let you guys know if/when it comes in.
and that reminds me. My friend's going to an anime convention here soon. I wonder if they'd have Xenoblade EU for sale...

Diffense

Diffense said:
I preordered from Game.co.uk over the phone after my online order triggered "fraud protection".
They will honor oversees orders but it seems that the online transaction raises flags for some types of charge cards.

I see the regular edition is now out of stock at Game so the above is moot.

mclem

PumpkinPie said:
Well sheeeeit, I might buy another copy just to try and get it to number 1. Gentlemen, I think we have passed the test.

If they had any doubts about going through with the localisation of The Last Story, I bet they're completely erased now.

Can I propose a change of thread title to "NoA: Whatta buncha jokahs"?

AniHawk

xenoblade was always expected to do well, considering it's such a well-known franchise. i'd like to see what happened if a new ip with a budget of a zelda or mario was released.

mclem said:
If they had any doubts about going through with the localisation of The Last Story, I bet they're completely erased now.

Can I propose a change of thread title to "NoA: Whatta buncha jokahs"?

I second this!

AniHawk said:
xenoblade was always expected to do well, considering it's such a well-known franchise. i'd like to see what happened if a new ip with a budget of a zelda or mario was released.

Please tell me that's sarcasm. First off, Xenoblade is not part of any series. It has nothing to do with Xenogears or Xenosaga.

Secondly, Europe has only ever gotten 1 "Xeno" game and that was Xenosaga 2 on the PS2 (which sold like absolute crud). So even if you counted Xenoblade as being part of the same series (which it isn't, not by a longshot), the series is practically unknown in Europe so there is no brand recognition to be gained from the "Xeno" name here in Europe as the name is meaningless to us.

Fomalhaut said:
Sleep? Too busy playing Xenoblade!

jIeGj.png
I don't know why, but this picture really cracks me up. :lol

Dunbar

Diffense said:
I see the regular edition is now out of stock at Game so the above is moot.
Jesus Christ, this couldn't have taken more than two hours. And I STILL haven't gotten an order placed. I'm starting to get frustrated.

Roxas

AniHawk said:

i dunno, were the Xenosaga games even released in Europe? I know Xenogears wasnt..

MYE

Nuclear Muffin said:
Please tell me that's sarcasm. First off, Xenoblade is not part of any series. It has nothing to do with Xenogears or Xenosaga.

Secondly, Europe has only ever gotten 1 "Xeno" game and that was Xenosaga 2 on the PS2 (which sold like absolute crud). So even if you counted Xenoblade as being part of the same series (which it isn't, not by a longshot), the series is practically unknown in Europe so there is no brand recognition to be gained from the "Xeno" name here in Europe as the name is meaningless to us.

AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.

watershed

Banned
So what are the chances that NoA has seen these numbers, been in conversation with NoE and will announce a limited release of xenoblades in the US tomorrow? I'm sure its not gonna happen but it really should at this point!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
artwalknoon said:
So what are the chances that NoA has seen these numbers, been in conversation with NoE and will announce a limited release of xenoblades in the US tomorrow? I'm sure its not gonna happen but it really should at this point!
None. NoA will never get Xenoblade or Last Story. The WiiU will sell poorly. So on and so on.

weeaboo

artwalknoon said:

Nah, They will wait until next week and then, when Xenoblade dissapears from the Top10, Reggie will tell IGN "TOLD YA YOU RAINFALL FUCKING IDIOTS!"

Sadist

artwalknoon said:
Lowered expectations...

Anyway, I just beat the
the Tellethia
and the monsters are getting stronger.

AniHawk

artwalknoon said:
well anyone in the us that would have bought it already imported it, so there's no need for an american release.

_Alkaline_ said:
Come on Muffin, you've been here a while now. That was hardly Ani's most subtle work.

Bah! Had to deal with dispelling so much bullshit on these forums recently that I didn't even notice who it was posting lol.

I swear, the FUD spreading fanboys/doomsayers on these forums is getting worse by the day.

watershed

Banned
AniHawk said:
well anyone in the us that would have bought it already imported it, so there's no need for an american release.
True, I forgot to consider this fact. And of course Reggie knew this would be the case long all along.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Bah! Had to deal with dispelling so much bullshit on these forums recently that I didn't even notice who it was posting lol.

I swear, the FUD spreading fanboys/doomsayers on these forums is getting worse by the day.

Like you, I've only been here since 2006. So I can't say whether or not it was worse before then or not.

But I agree - GAF is just plain bad right now.

sphinx

the piano man
artwalknoon said:
Okay thanks. One of my hesitations about importing, though I've already tried several times, is the cost. It would be a tad irresponsible of me to spend too much on gaming at the moment.

Edit: What a terrible top page post :(

the €45 is mostly Ebay sellers offering that price to stay competitive. The gamestop 1minute away from my street will most surely have it for €49.99 and you have to add shipping to America of at least €5.50.

if you have already made up your mind about getting xenoblade, you gotta know you will pay an "unfair" price, no matter what, euros kinda suck :-/

but hey, why not try 365games.co.uk or shopnto.net? It's the easiest and cheapest way for anyone in the US.

wrowa

AniHawk said:
Are you serious? The only Xeno game released in Europe was Xenosaga 2 -- and it bombed horribly. The Xeno brand is worth nothing in Europe.

mclem

One thing's just crossed my mind: I've read a couple of spoilers by accident due to thinking they were about something I've already seen but then realising they're not. Fortunately, nothing too revealing yet, mainly the names of a few upcoming bosses.

Would it be possible to accompany spoilers with a brief mention of the level of the average grunts in your current area? That would give a spoiler-free idea of how far into the game the given spoilers lie. For instance, I'm in
Gaur Plains
, so enemies are around L17 or so.

wrowa said:
Are you serious? The only Xeno game released in Europe was Xenosaga 2 -- and it bombed horribly. The Xeno brand is worth nothing in Europe.

lol maybe it would had help if we had Xenosaga 1, good to see RPG back hope the last story do well too

Diffense

sphinx said:
the €45 is mostly Ebay sellers offering that price to stay competitive. The gamestop 1minute away from my street will most surely have it for €49.99 and you have to add shipping to America of at least €5.50.

if you have already made up your mind about getting xenoblade, you gotta know you will pay an "unfair" price, no matter what, euros kinda suck :-/

but hey, why not try 365games.co.uk or shopnto.net? It's the easiest and cheapest way for anyone in the US.

I'm so glad I didn't vacillate about preordering.
Who'd have thought that on the week following the Friday release, Xenoblade would be scarce?
After all, it's a niche game that nobody would be buying right?
And it would hit bargain bin prices right after release.

Ulthwe

squall23 said:
You only get arts by levelling. The books you get are so that you can upgrade those arts even further.
Ok, that clarifies it. So the books don't teach you anything new, just let you upgrade the arts more. That's why in the Arts menu there's books with I, II, III... at the top of the level column.

slaughterking said:
Gems: You need at least 100% for any "ability" to create a gem at the end of the crafting process. So if you start with "Ability X 135% / Ability Y 64%" you will definitely get an "Ability X" gem since that one is already over 100%. If you can also get "Ability Y" over 100% during the crafting process you will get that gem, too.
Getting any ability to reach 200% means you will get a gem of a higher rank than you normally would.
Not even reaching 100% means you wont get a gem but a cylinder (or "flask" as you call it), which you can then use for crafting again.
High flame makes one single ability stronger during the process, a middle flame is growing multiple abilities equally and the low flame is for creating cylinders, which you can use to keep <100% abilities.
Understood. Then the flame level used (high, medium or low) is random?

Antagon said:
It helps to have good affinity as you get more crafting turns.
So the number which appears just before crafting (4-7 or whatever) is the number of turns for each member? Is it also random?

By the way, did you get all this just playing? Maybe it's because I just started that I haven't unlocked further tutorials regarding gem creation.

There's a fair amount of word of mouth spreading about this game and people are still trying to buy it. If Nintendo does have a few back in the warehouse which it can get to the retailers quick - I think they'll be plenty of sales this week as well.

Looking at that charttrack list is pretty fucking depressing though. It's mostly just a list of the same 30 odd games that have been cluttering up the shelves of supermarkets up and down the UK for months. Pretty plain to see where the biggest retail game sales are, and a pointer towards Zumba's domination of the chart.

Kenka

Holy shrimp, not only Xenoblade but all 7 first spots are ruthlessly occupied by Nintendo software x_X. What a unmannered way to claim back the spotlight. Damn, I am happy for Xenoblade.

Feep

Banned
Sadist said:
Lowered expectations...

Anyway, I just beat the
the Tellethia
and the monsters are getting stronger.
Okay, listen, everyone. There's no reason for me to highlight this, because I haven't even played the game yet. But this is not how you do spoiler tags.

Context is required. Your sentence gives absolutely no indication as to whether your sentence will or will not be a spoiler for any given person.

Please do not do this. Little pet peeve of mine.

Diffense

Iwata: Reggie, I think you should take a pay cut. *laughs*

BTW, here's to hoping USGAF gets the game today.
I'm tired of spoiler paranoia etc.

Aru

The collector's edition is sold out in France. I missed it :(

I think I'll order a UK copy of the regular edition, then.

Top Bottom