• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaPanda

I hate the loot screen after battle. Why way to disable it / auto loot all items? Totally kills the flow of running around the world since starting a battle is seamless.

Gurrry

Im a little confused. When i started the game up today when i click continue, its asking me what type of squad i want to join?

How do i just play single player and not do this online squad stuff?

Kinsei

Banned
Im a little confused. When i started the game up today when i click continue, its asking me what type of squad i want to join?

How do i just play single player and not do this online squad stuff?

Disconnect your Wii U from the internet. Alternatively You can just join the top squad and turn off notifications to simulate offline play.

Proc

My copy came a couple days ago. Looking forward to cracking the plastic this weekend. Seems like it's receiving generally positive praise :)

Rewind

This game is already "bought" (my wife got it at my request as a Christmas gift) but I did have two questions that weren't quite answered in the OT:

- OT says "20-30 hours" before you get your first Skell. Is this a minimum estimate, or an average? Would I be able to blaze through the prerequisites and get a Skell in, let's say 10 hours? Or would players say that it's better to just be patient and enjoy the game as-is and get them in due time?

- The texture packs describe better loading times, but what does this specifically affect in a game that essentially has no load screens? Does this reduce pop-in? Does this only affect the initial load of the game? Just curious what this affects since I've heard of some minor issues regarding pop-in.

It took me about 40 but I did most of the quests I could find for my level.

Kinsei

Banned
anyone has recommendations for the item shiny lamp? It says caves in Noctilum but would love a FN/fast travel location that's nearby a good cave

Do you have mechanical level 5? If so there's a cave with a fast travel point in it on the coast in the southwest of the main portion of the continent. Here's a pic of the items there.

WVW69ipGTcs_QuDhCy

alvis.exe

Just beat the 2nd Nopon Affinity mission and caught a Nopon in NLA talking about giving red pollen orbs to Ma-Non. They should consider putting that in the Ganglion water supply instead :p

Also loved all the heropon references!

So I have been pretty busy. SPent much of my time grinding to Level 30 with the sole purpose of owning my own L30 Skell. And here it is!
WVW69ipfDvAjpWyztL

And here's me.
WVW69ipfCX4a0BiCi2

I'm happy you can use a Fashion option to keep your look and still equipping armor to keep the effect.

Back to the Skell subject, what are some recommended frames for Elma and Lin?

Also, messed around to plant some more probes and decided to to some mountain hopping.
And...

This game...

This game!

THIS GAME!!!

Salbug

53 hours in, and got my posse looking good, and armed to the teeth. Fourth slot's reserved for BLADE Scouts. I just need one more Skell now.

jFdGm39.jpg

Do you have mechanical level 5? If so there's a cave with a fast travel point in it on the coast in the southwest of the main portion of the continent. Here's a pic of the items there.

WVW69ipGTcs_QuDhCy

Nope. But fortunately I found it. Found spirit lamp too then a fucking tyrant appeared and killed my skell, didnt time the fucker and ain't about to lose one insurance over this, not this soon. Good thing I saved right before hand.

RaptorGTA

So I have been pretty busy. SPent much of my time grinding to Level 30 with the sole purpose of owning my own L30 Skell. And here it is!
WVW69ipfDvAjpWyztL

And here's me.
WVW69ipfCX4a0BiCi2

I'm happy you can use a Fashion option to keep your look and still equipping armor to keep the effect.

Back to the Skell subject, what are some reccomended frames for Elma and Lin?

Also, messed around to plant some more probes and decided to to some mountain hopping.
And...

This game...

This game!

THIS GAME!!!

Amazing screen shots!

Just unlocked Factory 1.21

They seem to be gravity based weaponry.

So what's gravity good for? Is it only useful if you have arts that are gravity-focused or is there another use to this type of tech?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ok, I got suspicious yesterday but can confirm it today after completing a affinity mission with irene. The people you can add to your party levels up with you until you actually add them, for instance, i wanted to tackle chapter 4 yesterday, and i did, but wanted 4 members, so i scouted gwin.

I was surprised to see that he was level 12, as everyone made me think they started at level 1 or level 5 or something, but that made me suspicious that he was 1-2 levels below my main party perfectly suitable for the first time i ever used him, so I continue on and get Lao as he appears in the story, and he is a full on level 15, also pretty great, well today I just did a affinity mission that involves having irene in my party.

she was actually restricted so i thought she would just appear in a cutscene, like doug did in the "we were soldiers" quest, but it was actually focused on her, which means she was joining my party, just on her "day off" anyways, when she joined she was about level 13 or 14, cant quite remember.

So that actually confirms my suspicions that it really is a better idea to add other party members much later when your fairly high level as they will join at that level.

jgwhiteus

Just got my skells (around level 30, 30 hours in) - first thing I did, after buying skells for Elma and Lin, was go and beat that stupid tyrant that's hanging around Roof Rock at night (Hephaestus, the Absconder I think) - even though it's only level 25, when I was on foot it always decimated my party with its electric attacks, and they barely made a dent in it.

Honestly, even with 3 skells the fight was still a bit challenging - I have to get used to skell combat and arts, and figure out the gear system (thanks for all the guidance, game!) - but it was pretty damn satisfying to finally clear that quest off my list...

Nicko

WVW69ipfDvAjpWyztL

And here's me.
WVW69ipfCX4a0BiCi2

Back to the Skell subject, what are some recommended frames for Elma and Lin?

And...

This game...

This game!

THIS GAME!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My LE from Walmart is FINALLY supposed to arrive tomorrow... The wait has been excruciating, but looks to have been worth it ;) Thx for the sweet pix!

Kjellson

I got a mission where you had to gather stuff from enemies called cerveses (or something) in Sylvalum. Anyone know what kind of enemy that is and where to find them? I know what Oc-serv is, are they the same thing?

Chaos17

I had the opportunity to visit for the first time Sylvanium, thanks to npc dlc quest companion. I really like its music.
I like a lot Phog, he has a good synergy with me in combat.
I already have because of that 2 hearts, just by bringing him to lvl 20.

I found all the noppons cute beside Tatsu, lol.
Maybe it's the glasses...

I got a mission where you had to gather stuff from enemies called cerveses (or something) in Sylvalum. Anyone know what kind of enemy that is and where to find them? I know what Oc-serv is, are they the same thing?

Try to check this database made by Cawww : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/pub#

So my project for tonight is to grind my character and hopefully a few party members to lv30 to get fancy new skells. I'm lv 27 and most my team are around lv24. Any recommendations on good grinding spots?

Chaos17

So my project for tonight is to grind my character and hopefully a few party members to lv30 to get fancy new skells. I'm lv 27 and most my team are around lv24. Any recommendations on good grinding spots?

I personally grind through npcs quests, planting probes and killing monsters on the way , lol.

Chazbc24

Neo Member

1.buy the GBUSTER sword for the right shoulder of your skell.

2.once you get to level 30 give your free skell to a teamate

3.buy another GBUSTER for yourself,

4.dominate.

can't remember the spot exactly, trying to find it, but I did the same thing was similar leveled when I was trying to find a good spot to do the same go from 28 to 30. In obilivia there's a FN site with a bunch of separated level 35-36 grexes, easy pickings with a party of 4 and very good exp for you. like 600+ per kill.

jgwhiteus

Do you already have skells? If not, you might as well do some exploring to prep you for the skell license quests. If you reach the far north / northeast of both Noctilum and Oblivia and place probes there, it'll save you some travel time later when you have to mine materials / do some quests there (and the monsters in those areas are all generally 28+, so they can also be useful grinding spots).

Do you already have skells? If not, you might as well do some exploring to prep you for the skell license quests. If you reach the far north / northeast of both Noctilum and Oblivia and place probes there, it'll save you some travel time later when you have to mine materials / do some quests there (and the monsters in those areas are all generally 28+, so they can also be useful grinding spots).

Yeah I've already gotten my skell license. They sound like decent grinding sports though, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Didn't realize there were a bunch of responses in the last page. Thanks for the feedback, guys! Looks like I'll be heading to Oblivia to thin the indigen population

Koeta

Anyone know how much Affinity which characters need for main story line?

It takes a long time to level Affinity from what I can tell and I just wanna work on it now for the ones who need it so I'm not blocked later again like I just was with
Lao on Mission 8

Chazbc24

Neo Member
Yeah I've already gotten my skell license. They sound like decent grinding sports though, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Didn't realize there were a bunch of responses in the last page. Thanks for the feedback, guys! Looks like I'll be heading to Oblivia to thin the indigen population

let me know what you think of the G-Buster. it slices idigens like butter

Anyone know how much Affinity which characters need for main story line?

It takes a long time to level Affinity from what I can tell and I just wanna work on it now for the ones who need it so I'm not blocked later again like I just was with Lao on Mission 8.

i think the highest would be Gwin at level 2... can't really remember

If you sell some of those unique mission rewards, is there any way to get them back? Or would it be better to just never sell them. (They're starting to clutter things up something fierce.)
Well, 29hrs and 54 minutes in I've finally gotten my first skell!
HmH1FyJ.jpg

Funny timing... I just Skyrim'd my way up there without a Skell and took a screen to prove it. (I've really gotta disable the HUD and center the cam for this stuff...)
4b1eEtn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom