• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask again just in case someone recalls when the mission unlocked for them. But anyone know when Lakeside Getaway unlocks in the story/progression?

I did Water Woes and Rosie/the NPC in front of the water purifier plant hasn't unlocked the mission. So I can only assume there's more I gotta do/go further in the game.

And the mission is for murderess. Her affinity mission requires you do another mission called Haywire, but that only unlocks after you do all these other normal missions and progress so far in the story.

Weird. It unlocked for me right after clearing Water Woes.

What decision did you go with in Water Woes BTW? Did you find them the parts or cleared the indigens?

Weird. It unlocked for me right after clearing Water Woes.

What decision did you go with in Water Woes BTW? Did you find them the parts or cleared the indigens?

cleared
the baddies
. I'm really hoping the game didn't glitch or something,, because i had completed frontier spirit (another of the missions in this chain) before or something. You remember what chapter you were in when you did those missions then?

I mean if I can't get Murderess' skill it's not the end of the world but I just cleared chapter 7 and rosie still refuses to speak to me. Something is up.

Wow, the Celeste Three sidequest is really good. Probably the best normal mission I've done so far.

Does the
fourth key show up later? Is it missable? Anyone know what quest it comes from or where I find it? I wants dat gold!

Fuck.

h4YiC3I.jpg

Falcs

Banned
I'm not very far into this game at all.. Only just joined up Blade and picked my division. I can now roam around NLA freely, and I must say I'm kind of disappointed in what you can actually do in the city.

I mean it looks like there's heaps of people I can get missions from, but that's it.
I walked all around the Residental and Commercial districts, they're so dead and lifeless. I was hoping I could at least go in and browse around some shops in the commercial district, you know, buy some new fancy clothes and stuff, but I couldn't even find one shop!
What's the point of the commercial district?

Does this change at all later on? Or is NLA pretty much the most boring place in the planet?

MihowZa

Banned
Putting a white leather jacket and shades on Elma turned her into John Fucking Woo!

Also, Ch 5
what the fuck fuck lol

random25

Holding R gives access to team commands, like concentrate fire to focus on one enemy and part, assemble so they will stick with you during battle, gain tension so the team members will conserve their TP somewhat. There's also when you press (+) but I haven't experimented on that part.

Now that my main two party members have their own skells alongside myself, I'll fully suit up heavy armor and leave Lin looking like the Valkyrie like I've done so far.

As to Rosie and not unlocking that normal mission, I'll just keep doing every normal mission that comes my way and maybe it unlocks later for some reason or something. I'll start to be bothered by it when I hit chapter 10, but at the end of the day all it means is that I don't have ONE Art that while useful it won't be the end of the day if I don't get it.

where do you get storage probes i cannot hold all this miranium?

I think the same way as any other probe, just getting those mechanical containers throughout the map. My next stop will be to do this because I'm currently only 200 away from reaching my miranium max. I need at least one more probe and I still have two continents to unlock probes for.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Are you kidding me with this white cometites business? I have to place mining probes at specific locations and WAIT!?

random25

Are you kidding me with this white cometites business? I have to place mining probes at specific locations and WAIT!?

That's mining for ya :p I have lots of them, if only selling is feasible. You can just buy them at the barracks using reward tickets I think.

Tbh, I had like 12 of those by the time I got around to doing that. I guess I got lucky and planted mining nodes on those spots early without even realizing it. :S

yeah it's annoying, but this is the perfect chance to grind. Go do normal/basic missions for money and affinity, or go find monsters a couple of levels above you and grind them for experience. Every 30 minutes come back to the AM terminal and upgrade your AMs as you get the miranium

george_us

Holding R gives access to team commands, like concentrate fire to focus on one enemy and part, assemble so they will stick with you during battle, gain tension so the team members will conserve their TP somewhat. There's also when you press (+) but I haven't experimented on that part.
I had no idea that was even possible. Would have saved me SO much trouble of certain fights. FUCK.

killroy87

Suuuuuuuper noob question. Is there an easy way to switch which enemie I'm targeting? Only way I can figure out is to unlock then try locking on again, but that's a bit finicky.

My re-ordered Collector Edition Guide from Amazon finally shipped today! Will only be about 2 weeks late.

On a positive note this game is amazing! Just finished chapter 4 and I can't seem to get enough.

Edit: Pre-ordered guide.

Sora_N

Should I feel really overwhelmed by this game?

I have and played a bit of the original, but didn't get that far into it.

Even starting in NLA was crazy, so many NPCs there and conversations.

random25

Should I feel really overwhelmed by this game?

I have and played a bit of the original, but didn't get that far into it.

Even starting in NLA was crazy, so many NPCs there and conversations.

Yeah it can be overwhelming at first, but the best time to spend the first few hours is outside NLA exploring Primordia.

zroid

Banned
Tbh, I had like 12 of those by the time I got around to doing that. I guess I got lucky and planted mining nodes on those spots early without even realizing it. :S

Not sure if I have one of those yet, but I've been making an effort to put down mining probes at the spots where different precious minerals are available... so hopefully I'll have what I need when the time comes...

El Odio

Banned
I don't think I've encountered any tyrants lately who don't have a gold crown of sorts. Are they all just preying upon unsuspecting people or what?

How do you guys lay out your hotbars? Trying to figure out how to make the most efficient layout for the sake of Overdrive.
Just what I need the most often closest to the center, and things I need less often (e.g. TP-based skills or defensive moves) on the periphery.

...I have no idea what Overdrive is though so maybe this isn't helpful.

Shaldome

I don't think it has necessary to be a Mining Probe, at least I could not find anything about that it hast to be. Still sucks of course if you need one to complete a quest now. Fotunately I did a lot of probing relatively early while exploring and accumulated a lot of the minearls allready.

hey guys how do you change the public greeting?
Ok di check real quick, It's under Social - Edit greetings after you press start.

TheFatMan

How do you guys lay out your hotbars? Trying to figure out how to make the most efficient layout for the sake of Overdrive.

I keep all my melee attacks on one side, and all my ranged stuff on the other, as best I can. To be fair though I haven't even unlocked Overdrive...I don't think...

Kyzon

Arts using my melee weapon go on the left, Arts using my ranged weapon go on the right. It also helps during battles before overdrive since the secondary cooldown of each type is next to each other

Chazbc24

Neo Member
It's spectacular that Linkin Park and Lady Gaga finally teamed up to create this wonderful soundtrack. Does anyone know the name of the song when u meet HT665: Erio? its just a solo piano piece but there are some interesting subtle dissonant notes in the chorus and outro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom