• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omzz

I'm level 40 right now, with two level 30 skells and the default skell. Am I ready to start Chapter 10? I've heard it's a tougher one.
This is exactly me. I got destroyed in chapter 9 but managed to clear it

Now I'm too scared to go any further

The difference isn't very noticeable. Even in a S-rated node for combat support (does that help for fuel?), I would not have noticed the difference if I didn't check the fuel recovery right before and after setting the probe.

Okay, so I'm not going crazy. The fuel probe is by far the most useless probe ever!

I thought that as well, so I have no fuel recovery probes placed :p . Perhaps a higher combat support rating is needed?

I have it placed in an FN site with S combat support. Worthless.

R00bot

This is exactly me. I got destroyed in chapter 9 but managed to clear it

Now I'm too scared to go any further

It should be possible, make sure to take out the
butt of the monster, as it poops more enemies that can quickly overwhelm you. Also, after that take out the plates on the sides, as they're all worth a large portion of the health.
I was in the same boat as you, took me a few tries to work out what I just told you.

ohlawd

Make sure you have some aoe arts or skell gear that can take out a large group of enemies. Also if you're not overly reliant on your skell and can fight bosses well on foot you shouldn't have too much trouble. It's a boss gauntlet with no breaks or chances to reclaim skells so just be sure to be ready.

ooh ok I'll see what I can do. I'll post my success/failure story

I love the game and all but I gotta shelve it soon. I broke 60 hours already :x need to clear the backlog some more by two weeks time. hoping to be done later tonight or at worst wednesday morning

Renewed

So I copied this Oblivia layout that Qurupeke posted but I'm only earning about 40k atm

I've got a few of the sightseeing locations, will the rest really bump me to over 100k? Also mine doesn't have a 3-link bonus for some reason.

Well this duplicator and all the sightseeing spots are getting me 82000. I added another duplicator below the middle booster and I'm sitting at 115k from just those two.

ieYe8OS.jpg

dammit there's
telethia
phase 3? gah

yes.
It is a literal waiting game. He gets to wail on you until he decides to drop his invincibility and there is literally nothing you can do to accelerate it, so buckle in. You can invincibility frame through his sleep inducing move by using an art so keep that in mind. Also he can re-enter his invincibility aura so make sure you have an overdrive ready to go the moment you see you can damage him.

Yousefb

HELP! I honestly have no idea how to progress in this game. I can't access the affinity missions or story missions yet. I'm trying to do the basic missions but even those are giving me trouble I'm so lost lol. I'm on the "marry me" mission now. I have no idea where to go or where to find the natural pearls.

Snugenz

Neo Member
The wait for the sequel is going to be unbearable T_T

If the rumors turn out accurate about the NX being a beast, imagine what MoSoft could do with a sequel, look what they managed to squeeze out of the Wii U.

HELP! I honestly have no idea how to progress in this game. I can't access the affinity missions or story missions yet. I'm trying to do the basic missions but even those are giving me trouble I'm so lost lol. I'm on the "marry me" mission now. I have no idea where to go or where to find the natural pearls.

Check with the ticket vendor for the pearls, it's in your barracks.

Arkain

The Marry Me quest is a prelude to the Hope Springs Eternal affinity mission, which you can find in front of the cathedral. You just need to accept the Marry Me quest to accept Hope Springs Eternal, no need to find the pearls.

Check with the ticket vendor for the pearls, it's in your barracks.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get Natural Pearls is through the Hope Springs Eternal quest.

Blues1990

1. What exactly does a Ramjet Rifle make it an essential weapon for a thermal build?

2. With regards to L, what Art's, Skills, & such are essential to make him effective for on foot combat?

Shahadan

IIRC this quest just opens the affinity quest for Hope, just get to her in the residential area

Jackano

IIRC this quest just opens the affinity quest for Hope, just get to her in the residential area

Did that quest a couple days ago. I was like no I don't want the pearls that way, and I don't want you in my team either!
Sometimes the game doesn't give you much good choices :/

Snugenz

Neo Member
The Marry Me quest is a prelude to the Hope Springs Eternal affinity mission, which you can find in front of the cathedral. You just need to accept the Marry Me quest to accept Hope Springs Eternal, no need to find the pearls.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get Natural Pearls is through the Hope Springs Eternal quest.

Ah ok, i honestly couldn't remember the mission. Or i never did the mission as i'm 180 hours in and i still havn't unlocked hope...

Yousefb

OK thanks guys. So what's the best way to to unlock the affinity missions? Just beat up monsters to level up?

Chaos17

OK thanks guys. So what's the best way to to unlock the affinity missions? Just beat up monsters to level up?

Kinda random, my roomate got Hope quest when he was at chapter 10 and me I got it when I was in chapter 5.

Just refresh from time to time the board, imo.

yes.
It is a literal waiting game. He gets to wail on you until he decides to drop his invincibility and there is literally nothing you can do to accelerate it, so buckle in. You can invincibility frame through his sleep inducing move by using an art so keep that in mind. Also he can re-enter his invincibility aura so make sure you have an overdrive ready to go the moment you see you can damage him.
sigh... back to planning then... definitely need to improve current setup against it
Huh, I G-Bustered some flying Tyrant in north Oblivia and my Skell instantly exploded....

gravity reflect

Just did the first Murderess affinity mission.
She got me good when she just up and shot the Xeno in the arms after it was talking too much. I like her a lot more now lol

sigh... back to planning then... definitely need to improve current setup against it
Telethia Tips:
If you get your ether resistance to 100 all of his attacks will do 1 dmg to you. This includes the ether aura that starts up in phase 2. At that point it only has 2 attacks that can hurt you, the physical attacks and its topple/sleep into electric burst combo.
Having an Arts.GP augment is incredibly useful as it'll let you build overdrive faster. Try to get one of those.

If you can stand continuing to grind after getting those augments, i'd also recommend getting a couple of ultrafauna slayer augments. The higher your damage output the less time he has to hurt you in phases 1 & 2.

Aside from that, what I did to get through phases 1&2 quickly was enter overdrive immediatly in phase 1 to do enough damage to immediatly transition into phase 2. Then while it's slowly flying down to ground floor, go get another 3000 GP off of the aligators/reindeer that are hanging around. Enter overdrive again as you start phase 2.

Also I would recommend having at least 1 frame patch in case you need an emergency heal during Phase 3. If you have the skill Synchrony, use it. If you have skell ground gear that boosts GP, wear it.

Some of the fight comes down to hoping your skell RNG is good. I wish you the best of luck.

NeonZ

About sightseeing spots, does every hexagon have one, or is there just one in each probe site areas(the hexagons that light up when you probe the probe site)

If you click on the probe, if it has sightseeing spots it'll say "Sightseeing Spots Found 0/2" etc.

Sometimes the Sightseeing Spots marked there can be in an adjacent hexagon, rather than the one with the probe itself, but, yes, that's basically it.

Is the only point of the Guardian spoils to sell them? I can't find any item that actually uses them for development.
The appendages torn off can be traded for reward tickets on the console (should be done before the nemesis flees otherwise it gives you 1 ticket per appendage which sucks) but the other items must be used for things somewhere. There is armour shown to you in the ternimal that uses telethia stuff for example.

These stats... lol...

And I thought my Frame-50 Urban was broken, and this is still using its trashy default gear.
That "light" frame has twice as much armour than my level 60 excavator. Excavator really is trash-tier (but dirt cheap).

How can there be two of my chracter in the same place at the same time? This must be Professor B&(#~'s doing!
I remember when I first started that quest I thought he was swearing rather than it just being you can't understand what he is talking about.

Its a post-game thing to make farming easy.
Seems kind of daft as post-game you can also easily kill joker which selling trash from gives quite a good return.

The difference isn't very noticeable. Even in a S-rated node for combat support (does that help for fuel?), I would not have noticed the difference if I didn't check the fuel recovery right before and after setting the probe.
It does make a difference to the buff you get. How combat works is the level buff you get is as follows:
S-3,A-2,B-1. Max is 5 so you need duplicator and/or multiple of the same buff to max it. Even duplicator can fail is the neighboring nodes are B rank (which I think in both cauldros 4 connecting spots they are :( ).

That said no idea if level 5 refuel is a huge improvement over level 3.

But honestly I'd rather have resist, ez-debuff, melee and ranged attack buffs at as high a level as possible.

Got the flight module. Time to install all the data probes!
You mean time to go off the record for mechanical 5 (don't worry the Galdr tyrant is easy to beat...if you don't aggro a patrolling Xe-Dom by existing :S) as otherwise you won't be able to do some sites.

TheMoon

please no url in the OT and something that does not completely looks like an inside joke if we want to "invite" people to discover this great game!

brb, scouting youtube for obscure links now :)

Yeah on this note...something like "RPG of the generation."

Or I'll just put a Bloodborne diss in there, that'll bring us to OT3 in a day :D

With OT2 fast approaching, do you guys think we can get a better title this time around? :)

Nope. It'll be worse.

Slight question. I'm picking up old quests that I've been neglecting, and noticed there was a 'Backup Request' one that bad been there for a while. I can tell from the description that I'm supposed to be looking for a dude called Bose, but I can't find him. I used the guide ball to pin-point a location, and that's where the mini-map also says he is... except he isn't. All I see is an affinity quest that requires me to complete Backup Request first. I've cycled through some times of day using the nearby bench, but I'm not really seeing Bose anywhere. Helpful tips are appreciated.

Another thing that may be handy is figuring out when I'm supposed to proceed with story missions. Story missions have no level requirements, and so it's hard to judge if I should be doing more exploration or missions, or take on the mission. Early on in the game I accidentally over-leveled myself for a story boss, and I barely scraped by in a later chapter.

Golnei

Slight question. I'm picking up old quests that I've been neglecting, and noticed there was a 'Backup Request' one that bad been there for a while. I can tell from the description that I'm supposed to be looking for a dude called Bose, but I can't find him. I used the guide ball to pin-point a location, and that's where the mini-map also says he is... except he isn't. All I see is an affinity quest that requires me to complete Backup Request first. I've cycled through some times of day using the nearby bench, but I'm not really seeing Bose anywhere. Helpful tips are appreciated.

That doesn't require the quest to be completed - the 'backup request' mission being currently selected is a condition for being able to accept the affinity quest, like the pearl one for Hope's recruitment mission. Accepting the affinity mission will autocomplete it.

Just got the game and at chapter 3 right now and loving it

Just one question GAF. I keep reading tips saying I must talk to every NPC.

What's that about? I normally see "?" Icons when there's a side quest available. Is there any other reason to talk to all these npcs besides some info?

Just a quick question : any reason to hang on to your outdated weapons & armor ? They don't sell for much but I didn't find some way to break them down into materials. I'd like to make some room in the inventory, the lvl1 gear isn't going to cut it anymore.

R00bot

Just got the game and at chapter 3 right now and loving it

Just one question GAF. I keep reading tips saying I must talk to every NPC.

What's that about? I normally see "?" Icons when there's a side quest available. Is there any other reason to talk to all these npcs besides some info?

I haven't been talking many of them at all. I'm 100 hours in, haven't hit any problems aside from a few hard bosses. Maybe they're just trying to avoid missing any story, because the NPC's do give side info about the story, but usually it seems to be stuff I already know from another point of view.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just a quick question : any reason to hang on to your outdated weapons & armor ? They don't sell for much but I didn't find some way to break them down into materials. I'd like to make some room in the inventory, the lvl1 gear isn't going to cut it anymore.
I haven't sold a single thing, I am honestly afraid to look haha. I don't think there's any reason to hold on to it.

Golnei

Fashion gear, maybe? Some of the earlier palettes for armour look better than later ones - the mustard-khaki variant of the Norak set in particular should be avoided at all costs, regardless of stats.

I haven't been talking many of them at all. I'm 100 hours in, haven't hit any problems aside from a few hard bosses. Maybe they're just trying to avoid missing any story, because the NPC's do give side info about the story, but usually it seems to be stuff I already know from another point of view.

Some passive NPC dialogue sometimes is relevant to sidequests - the 'blue wire' thing for the helicopter comes up in a random NPC conversation, for example; but there's not much that's gameplay essential. Though there is a fair bit of missable NPC dialogue you won't hear if you don't talk to them fairly often - their opinions on the Ma-non are overwritten by conversations about the Prone, and so on.

Golnei

My bae! Why you go without me!?

That's the exact screencap I'd seen of Celica before I first saw her ingame, the one that'd led me to believe she'd be more of a disaster than Lymle. I'm glad her actual writing and performance is well above that, but it really is a hideous model. She almost makes Lin look like an organic lifeform.

random25

That's the exact screencap I'd seen of Celica before I first saw her ingame, the one that'd led me to believe she'd be more of a disaster than Lymle. I'm glad her actual writing and performance is well above that, but it really is a hideous model. She almost makes Lin look like an organic lifeform.

I actually like the model. Maybe too smooth-looking, but she looks less dollish in 3D. Probably due to the face paint.

fallingdove

Not feeling this game so far.

I have played through all of the Xeno games. Xenogears being my favorite game of all time Xenosaga 2 being one of my least favorite. XCX is falling on the XS2 end of the spectrum.

I love the world. Its vast, it's beautiful. Everything else though feels like a husk.

I just finished chapter 3 - I really hope the game gets better.

If the rumors turn out accurate about the NX being a beast, imagine what MoSoft could do with a sequel, look what they managed to squeeze out of the Wii U.

There are no such rumors and NX beeing a "beast" in terms of rare power is not only unlikely but completely impossible, since the price for such a system would be to high.

Nonetheless Monolith next game will be probably be gorgeous too.

Golnei

I actually like the model. Maybe too smooth-looking, but she looks less dollish in 3D. Probably due to the face paint.

I still think there's plenty of uncanny-valley dollishness to her model ingame, but my problem is also with the design as a whole. When she's the second of only two xeno party members in the entire game; having her be a boring elf loli is a massive missed opportunity. I get that they have to abide by the restriction of a humanoid frame, but the female Prone, Orpheans, even the obligatory catgirl all worked within those lines and managed to have distinct and at least relatively inhuman designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom