• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
phew manage to beat it w/o going into phase 3... guess constant getting rekt at phase 2 & 3 makes me know the phase transition cutoff ahahahaha
Telethia Tips:
If you get your ether resistance to 100 all of his attacks will do 1 dmg to you. This includes the ether aura that starts up in phase 2. At that point it only has 2 attacks that can hurt you, the physical attacks and its topple/sleep into electric burst combo.
Having an Arts.GP augment is incredibly useful as it'll let you build overdrive faster. Try to get one of those.

If you can stand continuing to grind after getting those augments, i'd also recommend getting a couple of ultrafauna slayer augments. The higher your damage output the less time he has to hurt you in phases 1 & 2.

Aside from that, what I did to get through phases 1&2 quickly was enter overdrive immediatly in phase 1 to do enough damage to immediatly transition into phase 2. Then while it's slowly flying down to ground floor, go get another 3000 GP off of the aligators/reindeer that are hanging around. Enter overdrive again as you start phase 2.

Also I would recommend having at least 1 frame patch in case you need an emergency heal during Phase 3. If you have the skill Synchrony, use it. If you have skell ground gear that boosts GP, wear it.

Some of the fight comes down to hoping your skell RNG is good. I wish you the best of luck.
thanks.. but already done planning with the setup before reading the post

time to finish that stupid lobster quest & start hunt for remaining tyrants that are required for surveys....

Does anyone know what the Upgrades stat on armour is about? It doesn't seem to be anything about having augment slots on them as even decked out it'll still say "Upgrades: 0/10"

Chaos17

Not feeling this game so far.

I have played through all of the Xeno games. Xenogears being my favorite game of all time Xenosaga 2 being one of my least favorite. XCX is falling on the XS2 end of the spectrum.

I love the world. Its vast, it's beautiful. Everything else though feels like a husk.

I just finished chapter 3 - I really hope the game gets better.

Intro finish at chapter 4.
Be sure to do the normal quests and affinity quests, they complete nicely the main story.
It's less story driven than previous Xeno games but those side quests do help a lot to compensate that.

I love the world. Its vast, it's beautiful. Everything else though feels like a husk..

XCX is an exploration game with a good dose of RPG elements to it. If you play it that way, then you'll enjoy it. If you keep hoping/dreaming for the game to have elements it doesn't, you'll just be missing out on the experience.

Chaos17

That's the exact screencap I'd seen of Celica before I first saw her ingame, the one that'd led me to believe she'd be more of a disaster than Lymle. I'm glad her actual writing and performance is well above that, but it really is a hideous model. She almost makes Lin look like an organic lifeform.

I love her model and personality.
I'm just sad that she is so far into the story like Mia to get :(

Steejee

Just finished Chapter 5, quite the transformative chapter, lots of info to take on. Didn't have too much trouble with it as it basically came down to finding a path around the enemies (and occasionally up walls) to avoid any big bads.

The 'we're robots' caught me by surprise, but like a good twist actually makes a fair bit of sense, and it was nice to see them directly discuss the whole language question.

The ship pulling up over NLA was kinda funny as I half expected it to attempt to land inside the walls somehow.

Did they reaaaally have to make the Ma-non sound like chipmunks? If this were a Bethesda game I'd probably have to start killing them.

I like how Lin uses Trash Talk which presumably would include some trash talking at the enemy to taunt them, but no, she literally just yells "Trash Talk!" and somehow this makes the enemy angry enough to target only her.

Frodo

I like how Lin uses Trash Talk which presumably would include some trash talking at the enemy to taunt them, but no, she literally just yells "Trash Talk!" and somehow this makes the enemy angry enough to target only her.

And I love how she will agro tirants and gigantic enemies nearby with that and kill my entire party. Love. It.

Not my pic. Somehow I have never seen this.

3Ltrjwe.jpg

Recall

I'm 31 minutes into the game battling bugs.

The targeting system is absurdly shit. The game says press R to target.

A gigantic red arrow appears obscuring the tiny insect making it insanely unclear what it is I'm targeting. Then a red reticle appears further obscuring the insect and then if I want to lock on to the target a green reticle appears on top of the obnoxious red arrow.

I'm not battling bugs but giant red arrows. I can't even tell what the bug is doing so if I wanted to position myself differently I wouldn't know which way the bug would be facing.

daakusedo

Is there a second layer of lowering difficulty?
On the last part of the final boss, focused on overdrive I didn't see the lizards coming and on the second attempt, there's only one that spawned...

Discovered a bit late that purple art give pt fast in overdrive, with one that load quick, managing the state is easy.

The tail end of Noctilum is like something out of Majora's mask.

Shahadan

please no url in the OT and something that does not completely looks like an inside joke if we want to "invite" people to discover this great game!

Ok

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| There is a party in my asscave and you're invited

Surely it's inviting enough.

PetrCobra

Well this duplicator and all the sightseeing spots are getting me 82000. I added another duplicator below the middle booster and I'm sitting at 115k from just those two.

Seems like you have a lot more high level research probes than I do. Do you know what's the best way to get them? I accept every normal quest I can find...

A gigantic red arrow appears obscuring the tiny insect making it insanely unclear what it is I'm targeting. Then a red reticle appears further obscuring the insect and then if I want to lock on to the target a green reticle appears on top of the obnoxious red arrow.

I'm not battling bugs but giant red arrows. I can't even tell what the bug is doing so if I wanted to position myself differently I wouldn't know which way the bug would be facing.

You press the right stick to target appendages. Your target, as in the enemy you are targeting, does not change unless you press R (right trigger) and then cycle the enemies with Y/A

Jackano

Seems like you have a lot more high level research probes than I do. Do you know what's the best way to get them? I accept every normal quest I can find...

Same. Research and stock probe hints anyone?
I barely have good research ones and only two or three stock. Not that it will matter as soon as weapons factory are done.
Also, I plan on quiting this thread at the end of the week, spoilers become difficult to avoid :/

Recall

You press the right stick to target appendages. Your target, as in the enemy you are targeting, does not change unless you press R (right trigger) and then cycle the enemies with Y/A

And how do I remove the obnoxious enemy covering red arrow?

PetrCobra

And how do I remove the obnoxious enemy covering red arrow?

Never had that problem, it doesn't really cover my enemies... not sure what's the problem here.

Edit: also the UI tells you where you are positioned relatively to your target. It's written somewhere above the arts palette, a bit to the right

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Same. Research and stock probe hints anyone?
I barely have good research ones and only two or three stock. Not that it will matter as soon as weapons factory are done.
Also, I plan on quiting this thread at the end of the week, spoilers become difficult to avoid :/
Research come from field actions, Stock come from specific quests, and often gated by chapters.
some tyrants sure are hard to find :\
I can't even find the bug one outside West NLA, but I only checked when it was raining...

Dawg

CWzYF1AUYAExqHa.jpg:large

Small question again, since this keep bothering me:

Which weapon is better here? The attack value on the chrome pilum is a "blue 156" meaning it's better but when I go look at my full stats, I see:

Total Melee Attack 194 (+24) [blue]

Melee Attack 38 (-15) [red]

It's kinda confusing :c

Shahadan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWzYF1AUYAExqHajpg:large[IMG]

Which weapon is better here? The attack value on the chrome pilum is a "blue 156" meaning it's better but when I go look at my full stats, I see:

It's kinda confusing :c[/QUOTE]

You're losing the Melee Attack Up II augment, that's why melee attack goes down.

PetrCobra

Your current weapon has Melee Attack Up, which ups your default melee attack stat, but the total attack would be better with the new weapon. I think.
beaten of course

Xenoblade Chronicles X [OT2] Hmm, what should I whip up today?

Xenoblade Chronicles X [OT3] Hmm, what should I whip up today?

Xenoblade Chronicles X [OT4] Hmm, what should I whip up today?

Etc...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now that my team is level 40 I can finally go in the last area without too much fear. Goddamn, that place is high level.

Also... I found Joker. By accident. I got wrecked. That's the one people farm for Phoenix weapons, right?

casiopao

Theres a way to farm BP post game so go nuts on leveling arts and skills if you want.

plenty of treasure that is only there to give BP
my guess is the game is designed to MAX out everything that uses BP

I go for a 3 hour play just exploring and can MAX out like 4-5 level 1 skills per party member

that way I get the most out of my Arts and Skills

Tx alot for the info guys.^~^ also another question here, i am currently using mastermind class any good build? As i feel the damage i am dealing is a bit lacking.

SodaBeam

Neo Member
Is the end of chapter six supposed to be dramatic and mysterious? It just made me laugh.

Vandham: "Hey Elma, about that thing I'm not supposed to bring up in public..."
Nagi, or whoever: "Vandham!"
Vandham: "Oh, whoops! Forget I said anything."
Everyone: *extremely drawn-out awkward silence*

Recall

This game has too much UI.

I'm so new to the game I don't even know what I can get away with turning off in the menu.

This game a going to be about overcoming the bullshit before I enjoy it, isn't it?

When you're targeting an enemy the UI tells you where you are in relation to it. Lower right, it will say front/side/back as well as above/below.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Guy's he's asking which is better. TMA = MA + Weapon's attack.
Higher TMA = Lots of auto attacking good
Higher MA = you like to use a lot of attacking arts

When applying damage using arts, the MA is multiplied by the art modifier and then the weapon attack is simply added on after.

Jackano

I'm so new to the game I don't even know what I can get away with turning off in the menu.

This game a going to be about overcoming the bullshit before I enjoy it, isn't it?

Pretty much. Felt like you for a good amount of time at first. Even now I'm 60-70h in and there are still things I don't get.
But at some point you will be able to overcome that and enjoy the game .

R00bot

You'd be surprised how much UI is necessary.

Now that my team is level 40 I can finally go in the last area without too much fear. Goddamn, that place is high level.

Also... I found Joker. By accident. I got wrecked. That's the one people farm for Phoenix weapons, right?

no... joker is used for different stuff such as level grind or entry lvl-60 weapons

Any tips for the Lava Walker?
The archeology one? I've heard it is the hardest off the record one (though the biology stuff can be tedious) so I've put it off. I saw online a video of someone one shotting it using (post game Skell)
Ares 90
so I'll try when I have that :p

No. You farm it with phoenix (but will likely need something else to finish it off) as insects don't like thermal damage. Joker and co just drop level 57-60 weapons which is great for bringing in the cash not that you'll need it when you can farm it...they also drop insect wings which you funnel into more insectoid slayer augment (I need to test how much this augment drops off...)

If you want level 30 version of phoenix I wrote a guide for farming that. There might be better locations etc but this is quick and easy to do.

Jackano

Also wanted to say somewhere that rare feeling in Sylvanum, with the giant thing that really remembers me FFVII
Emerald weapon
Pretty annoying however, I just want to kill bugs for a quest and that thing come into battle.

random25

I still think there's plenty of uncanny-valley dollishness to her model ingame, but my problem is also with the design as a whole. When she's the second of only two xeno party members in the entire game; having her be a boring elf loli is a massive missed opportunity. I get that they have to abide by the restriction of a humanoid frame, but the female Prone, Orpheans, even the obligatory catgirl all worked within those lines and managed to have distinct and at least relatively inhuman designs.

She's already 18! She's already legal!

Seriously, I am a bit bummed that no Wrothian made it as a playable character. I like their designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom