• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

Anyone know where i can find shrads? Or what they look like?

Ball-type mechanoids that roll around. Check Cauldros around White Phosphor Lake for some weak ones (although I wouldn't recommend fighting there, aside from the white phosphor...)

Finally! 4 suits!
31WbfCe.jpg

If I can get everyone with suits then it would be awesome, but 4 is the minimum.

Mistle

Well they are a requirement to do some things and get some places so they have their place, but honestly I try to stay on foot if I can help it.

You can tell the final two zones were designed with skells in mind.

Yeah, I had similar feelings when traversing Sylvalum and Cauldros with flight (cool experience for a short while but quickly became hollow). Went on foot and yeah, they don't feel anywhere near as well designed as the first three continents. At least for foot traversal.

Skells are a lot of fun, but I too am getting a feeling on waning interest, now that the exploration aspect has almost become a cake walk.

Kyzon

Ball-type mechanoids that roll around. Check Cauldros around White Phosphor Lake for some weak ones (although I wouldn't recommend fighting there, aside from the white phosphor...)

Ahhhhhhhhh those. Thanks. I remember where they are. I'll try the lake and the skywalks around there

-Horizon-

Just finished chapter 6

Oh my god that scene where that
giant bird thing swooped in and took care of those tainted sphinxes by just swatting them

I was like

Chris-Schauble-Shocked-GIF.gif

Also Tatsu pls

Started the path to getting a mech license finally
After almost 50 hours. I actually might already be past that lol.

I also completely forgot there were cat/feline people in this game. Oh please let it be possible for them to join my team down the line.

Blues1990

Are there any decent guides on how to build powerful skells? I feel like my team can dish out a whole lot more damage, but even after farming for high-level weapons, they aren't cutting it.

Yea it completely nullifies the smaller moment to moment stuff when running around like getting the collectible blue orbs or needing to take alternate paths to avoid enemies or just terrain, not to mention you miss the scale the of the world flying over it.

I try to avoid flying when it isn't necessary, collecting shards on the ground level.

But why did they remove jumping altogether??

Vena

:eek:

Teach me your ways

Not much to teach. Be meticulous with the gear drops and favor BOOST over SpecUp after a specific cut-off point. The former is % scaling, the latter is hard scaling. % scaling will eventually trump hard scaling. Don't worry about MACC/RACC as you can easily make the augments to make it impossible (or near impossible) for you to miss.

Most of my weapons are Potential, Evasion, and M/R Attack, and no other wasted stats.

Not much to teach. Be meticulous with the gear drops and favor BOOST over SpecUp after a specific cut-off point. The former is % scaling, the latter is hard scaling. % scaling will eventually trump hard scaling. Don't worry about MACC/RACC as you can easily make the augments to make it impossible (or near impossible) for you to miss.

Most of my weapons are Potential, Evasion, and M/R Attack, and no other wasted stats.
You can hit 400-450 with the light 50 mechs as long as you make sure you average one boost.eva.X or spec.eva.X per weapon/armor, and fill in all the armor slots with boost.evaV which u can farm like 50 of in 10 minutes.
Excellent. Where do I go to farm this glorious equipment?

Golnei

I also completely forgot there were cat/feline people in this game. Oh please let it be possible for them to join my team down the line.

You can never have a catgirl. Dressing up as one is still an option, though.

I really want to play this in VR!

Wouldn't the floaty on-foot movement feel kind of off in VR? The scale of in-game objects might not lend themselves very well to it either.

Though it's possible that could be rectified by just limiting you to a Skell.

Weird question:

My Wii U seems to drop video signal to my TV in this game, I've tried multiple HDMI cables and ports on my receiver and I get the same results. It only happens with XCX too, as I tried Smash Bros and it didn't happen.

Is there something weird going on in the game where it changes display resolutions or something that could cause this?

Hah, found Mia again. Shes hilarious.

there's a big tree in the middle of that open area with a spiral ramp up to the bridge

Thank you so much. Wasted almost an hour jumping around the woods in the section before it trying to get up there. SMH.

The camera was a doozy going up though. Jesus.

frequency

Does anyone else keep getting disconnected randomly from this game? Every other game works and my internet is fine but I haven't gone a single session in this game without getting the "Disconnected from server" message.

It's really frustrating.

JulianImp

TAKAHASHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

At least there's that ridiculously expensive bunnygirl suit or something... I only wish it could've been wearable by both male and female characters rather than being just for girls.

Best you can get is natural kemomimi Celica, I guess. I made Lin go nekomimi mode alongside her school blazer, and Elma wears her leather jacket and pants with some Adam Jensen-grade sports sunglasses for the ultimate badass look. Finally, my MC used to wear a black tank top and those jeans with flowery patterns on them to complete my casual wear team, but then I went and stole Celicas' suit and gave it to her as fashion gear.

By getting really lucky and farming any mech in the game? Qmoevas for light armor.

Excellent. Where do I go to farm this glorious equipment?

Any Xeno camp, though mechanoid xeno's are where it's at for drops. I'm still personally looking for where to get orange thermal weapons.

Wherever you go, make sure you are packing some Treasure Sensor armor, it makes grinding a lot better. If you max the AM C&C, they offer it as their final mod. 2-3 full suits of it and mobs drop pretty much only yellow armor and orange+ weapons.

But yea, if you average one evaX boost per item, and average one attribute dmg or crit or position mod per item, you can have a very hard to hit, and decent dmg dealing light mech. I spec mine all toward one damage type. Beam, Electric, and Thermal make decent light mechs. My 4th is some gravity hybrid. I can't really get a good Physical build going.

-Horizon-

Does anyone else keep getting disconnected randomly from this game? Every other game works and my internet is fine but I haven't gone a single session in this game without getting the "Disconnected from server" message.

It's really frustrating.

Yeah, every other day I get disconnected a couple minutes or hours in. Like it happened today for me.

I use the Wii U's wifi though so who knows if its because of that or not.

Fandangox

Okay so its my first time playing online since I got the game, and is there some issue with the party members? I can't find some like yelv or boze and changing the time doesn't make them appear.

Are there any decent guides on how to build powerful skells? I feel like my team can dish out a whole lot more damage, but even after farming for high-level weapons, they aren't cutting it.

All mods in the game stack. Try and get as many Attribute.+, Crit, Position+ on all your weapons/armor. Get Slayer.+ too, they should be easy to craft.

-Horizon-

At least there's that ridiculously expensive bunnygirl suit or something... I only wish it could've been wearable by both male and female characters rather than being just for girls.

Best you can get is natural kemomimi Celica, I guess. I made Lin go nekomimi mode alongside her school blazer, and Elma wears her leather jacket and pants with some Adam Jensen-grade sports sunglasses for the ultimate badass look. Finally, my MC used to wear a black tank top and those jeans with flowery patterns on them to complete my casual wear team, but then I went and stole Celicas' suit and gave it to her as fashion gear.

That's something I suppose :<

Vena

Any Xeno camp, though mechanoid xeno's are where it's at for drops. I'm still personally looking for where to get orange thermal weapons.

Wherever you go, make sure you are packing some Treasure Sensor armor, it makes grinding a lot better. If you max the AM C&C, they offer it as their final mod. 2-3 full suits of it and mobs drop pretty much only yellow armor and orange+ weapons.

But yea, if you average one evaX boost per item, and average one attribute dmg or crit or position mod per item, you can have a very hard to hit, and decent dmg dealing light mech. I spec mine all toward one damage type. Beam, Electric, and Thermal make decent light mechs. My 4th is some gravity hybrid. I can't really get a good Physical build going.

Do you happen to know where Orange armor drops? Does that even exist? I know the Frame-60s come with it default but it has rather junky stats.

My current build is Gravity damage largely (Super Weapon, G-Buster) with a good split on R/M.Att to avoid resistances and reflects. I've found that over-specializing Skells in either Melee or Ranged tends to hit brick walls against certain Tyrants (such as the ones immune to one art type or the other). I am not sure if I want to use another Gravity Bomb shoulder piece or Drones.

Golnei

Are its stats really good enough to the point you'd need to put it on the male characters? Though I guess it wouldn't have hurt to have it equippable to them, but just show up as the tuxedo model - that way, they wouldn't have to waste time on a completely new model, and it'd be one less set of segregated equipment.

Do you happen to know where Orange armor drops? Does that even exist? I know the Frame-60s come with it default but it has rather junky stats.

I haven't seen any orange armor drop. I have 3 chars in TS: V, and 2 of them have TS:XII helms.

Certain mob types favor certain drop types though, as far as weaponry. Like Lophids are good for shields, Xe-dom's are for drones/xx snipers, Ceto's for G2 Busters.

Rnr1224

finally bought my level 50 skell and I am loving it so far. Before I start chapter 12, is there anything else that is recommended? I'm still deciding if I want to get another level 50 skell or just stick with the one if it'll be fine.

Kyzon

I've not really done any squad things. Since I'm done with the story, anyone wanna go online?

Also, is there a gaf chat?

frequency

Yeah, every other day I get disconnected a couple minutes or hours in. Like it happened today for me.

I use the Wii U's wifi though so who knows if its because of that or not.

I'm using the wifi too. My router is right here like 1-2 meters away from it though. And my Wii U has no issues with any other game. This game just doesn't want me to be online for some reason. It makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom