• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

If humans can get along with Nopons, why can't it be the same with Ma-non?

Seriously I just did a quest to gather 3 Ma-non for a "Seminar"

The only explanation that I can think of is that the Ma-non keeps taking up all the pizzas in NLA.

Sidequest spoiler:
This is almost pretty much the reason why Murder Most Foul happens.

rhandino

Banned
After trying all the buyable Skells I finally decided to main an Inferno model.

A3Nn9gi.jpg

So cool! I do love how in control you feel in vehicule mode but I tend to miss the speed of my old Urban. Oh well, for the time being I only 1 Skell since I still like to do a lot of foot combat, maybe my next character could be a Skell fanatic and never ever leave her Skell =3

Steejee

On some reflection late last night I realized that New LA was pretty much a perfect name for the city. Real LA is a melting pot (or 'salad bowl') city second only to New York (not just at a US level, globally) - a place where people of all ethnicities, beliefs, cultures, and backgrounds end up trying to make a new life for themselves. That seems to be the direction New LA is heading for after only a few chapters, just with more actual Aliens in the mix. Come to think of it Alien Nation was also set in LA, wonder if that was on anyone's mind...

New New York would probably be too much of a mouthful, and Japan/Anime in general seems to have a thing for LA over New York, so between the two New LA fits.

TheMoon

I'm 31 minutes into the game battling bugs.

The targeting system is absurdly shit. The game says press R to target.

A gigantic red arrow appears obscuring the tiny insect making it insanely unclear what it is I'm targeting. Then a red reticle appears further obscuring the insect and then if I want to lock on to the target a green reticle appears on top of the obnoxious red arrow.

I'm not battling bugs but giant red arrows. I can't even tell what the bug is doing so if I wanted to position myself differently I wouldn't know which way the bug would be facing.

none of this matters. you won't be fighting tiny bugs in a few minutes anymore ... :)

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| The Best RPG of 2015 Is Only Available on the Wii U

aka

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Cry Me a River

This game has too much UI.

I'm so new to the game I don't even know what I can get away with turning off in the menu.

This game a going to be about overcoming the bullshit before I enjoy it, isn't it?

Don't turn off anything!!!! Only turn off UI stuff when you're familiar with everything.

Steejee

The piece of UI I'd say you can safely drop is the Social updates, like squad achievements. That just got to be tiring, especially since they'd pop up in cutscenes.

I still leave the control help up as it's fairly minimal and very helpful.

R.D.Blax

Ok, fuck the
Blood Despair
, every time I'm about to finish it, he take out its bullshit meteor strike and kill my all team in one strike.

Golnei

Seriously, I am a bit bummed that no Wrothian made it as a playable character. I like their designs.

I was really surprised none of them became playable. Even from the brief shot of Ga Buidhe in one of the trailers, I'd assumed she had to be one of the party members.

Maybe in a sequel...

On some reflection late last night I realized that New LA was pretty much a perfect name for the city. Real LA is a melting pot (or 'salad bowl') city second only to New York (not just at a US level, globally) - a place where people of all ethnicities, beliefs, cultures, and backgrounds end up trying to make a new life for themselves. That seems to be the direction New LA is heading for after only a few chapters, just with more actual Aliens in the mix. Come to think of it Alien Nation was also set in LA, wonder if that was on anyone's mind...

It does work from that perspective, but I am a little disappointed at how white the cast was for being set in a version of LA. Sure, it was still made in Japan, but it's kind of a noticeable shortcoming when they're trying to play with themes of diversity and cultural assimilation in the main narrative. Though I was surprised that they decided to make most of the Asian characters in the game Chinese-American, when it would have been so easy to write them all as Japanese and get away with it.

Shahadan

It does work from that perspective, but I am a little disappointed at how white the cast was for being set in a version of LA. Sure, it was still made in Japan, but it's kind of a noticeable shortcoming when they're trying to play with themes of diversity and cultural assimilation in the main narrative. Though I was surprised that they decided to make most of the Asian characters in the game Chinese-American, when it would have been so easy to write them all as Japanese and get away with it.

Well it's the USA ark ship so...Also Elma and Lin are not white.

casiopao

Question here guys, i am currently using mastermind class any good build? As i feel the damage i am dealing is a bit lacking.

Also. What skill augment should i focus more for my play here? Should i focus on extra thing like item sensor and exp up or things like attack and defend up?

Question here guys, i am currently using mastermind class any good build? As i feel the damage i am dealing is a bit lacking.

Also. What skill augment should i focus more for my play here? Should i focus on extra thing like item sensor and exp up or things like attack and defend up?

Mastermind does amazing damage, it's all I've used since the start of the game. Focus on beam abilities, stay ranged most of the time.

I use Beam Barrage, Myopic Screen, Ether Blast, and Gravity Blast. On the knife side of things I use Full Specs as an awesome buff and as an aura to buff Beam Barrage and Ether Blast, Screamer just as a nice debuff, and Repair and Smooth Recovery as healing for the rest of the party (you get Smooth Recovery from Irina).

For skills I use Beam Boost (+50% damage, incredible), Inner Search, High Tension and Secondary Accelerator (also incredible).

Wichu

I was really surprised none of them became playable. Even from the brief shot of Ga Buidhe in one of the trailers, I'd assumed she had to be one of the party members.
The EU artbook even includes the Wrothians in a shot with a bunch of other characters, all of whom are playable. The tease is real.

Steejee

Yeah I'd like to have seen more diversity in the supporting cast. I sorta chalked that up to 'Background anime characters only have 1 skin tone'. I don't know Elma's background yet but at least she's far darker skin toned than most people in the cast (got a bit of a Storm vibe going on), and Lin is asian-american.

On an unrelated note, for anyone that's gotten way further, does the game ever really make the non Lin/Elma party characters feel more integrated? Yeah they have their affinity quests and help out in battle, but in story cutscenes they mostly just stand there and I haven't seen any main story cutscenes where they chirp in with any thoughts. Even a line here or there that was recorded for all the possible 4th party members would do the trick.

Anybody know which are the monster who drop level 60 longsword ?

Monsters have a higher chance of dropping stuff based on your class. You also have a ridiculously higher chance getting yellows if you wear Treasure Sensor gear.

You want to hunt monsters that are above 60, preferably tyrants, while being a class that wields longswords inherently. Rest is just luck. I'm pretty succesful getting 'ultra's from
Primordia's sphinx in the cave just north of NLA, and Hayden the Terriortiral, that lvl 84 simius to the east of NLA

What is Elma supposed to be? Her facial structure is still generic anime. Just looks like she's got a spray-on tan.

Japan anime has always had a dark skin character with white hair meme going on

so I doubt they tried to get real life race into the story of NLA

although the side quests are heavy with a type of xenophobia toward Ma-nons

The piece of UI I'd say you can safely drop is the Social updates, like squad achievements. That just got to be tiring, especially since they'd pop up in cutscenes.

I still leave the control help up as it's fairly minimal and very helpful.

I removed controls, and also the quest window.

If anyone was looking for High end Thermal weps for their skells, I found the droppers. Meteor to the face!
Mislaadi Savages, and only Savages. Best spot imo is Kitsune Fortress, but there are some near the top of Mt Gogondo, both in Calderos

Steejee

although the side quests are heavy with a type of xenophobia toward Ma-nons

To be fair, if an entire ethnicity on Earth talked like the Ma-non they'd probably be the most hated group of people on the planet.

I removed controls, and also the quest window.

Those would probably be my next to go, but so far I find the reference more handy than hindrance.

I think those are pretty much all you can really safely kill, unless you want to be super-immersive and drop the minimap.

R.D.Blax

Finally, I finished the Blood Lobster quest, this boss was a real pain

Monsters have a higher chance of dropping stuff based on your class. You also have a ridiculously higher chance getting yellows if you wear Treasure Sensor gear.

You want to hunt monsters that are above 60, preferably tyrants, while being a class that wields longswords inherently. Rest is just luck. I'm pretty succesful getting 'ultra's from
Primordia's sphinx in the cave just north of NLA, and Hayden the Terriortiral, that lvl 84 simius to the east of NLA

Oh, it depends of the class ? That probably explain all these double blade I got...

Mashing

I'm not at endgame (haven't even beat the story yet), but which modifications are worth building (yes, I realize you don't need them for story, just wondering)? There are SOOOOOOOO many.

eaise

Neo Member

There is a prone tyrant level 77 in obliva at fn 307. He drops a 500+ attack gravity katana

h0tp0ck3t

If humans can get along with Nopons, why can't it be the same with Ma-non?

If it's any consolation I just did a quest where this shop owner wanted me to get a permit or something from the government so that she doesn't have to sell things to the Ma-non.

The government lady tells you to tell her to fuck off lol

Guys. I think I just made a huge discovery.

When in a flight equipped Skell, if you press ZL right after pressing ZR to jump (continue holding down ZR while pressing ZL), your Skell will go into a free fall state, effectively allowing you to make regular leaps without wasting fuel.

eaise

Neo Member
I guess I need to grind for one before fighting him again...

My fault. Should've mentioned he's a pain...
I always use my
Ares 90 skell
so I don't have a problem. One attack kills him and the two minions with him

I'll help you get one with a treasure deal if you want

R.D.Blax

My fault. Should've mentioned he's a pain...
I always use my
Ares 90 skell
so I don't have a problem. One attack kills him and the two minions with him

I'll help you get one with a treasure deal if you want

Oh, that would be cool. But first I will try to get him one last time with my anti humanoid build

casiopao

Mastermind does amazing damage, it's all I've used since the start of the game. Focus on beam abilities, stay ranged most of the time.

I use Beam Barrage, Myopic Screen, Ether Blast, and Gravity Blast. On the knife side of things I use Full Specs as an awesome buff and as an aura to buff Beam Barrage and Ether Blast, Screamer just as a nice debuff, and Repair and Smooth Recovery as healing for the rest of the party (you get Smooth Recovery from Irina).

For skills I use Beam Boost (+50% damage, incredible), Inner Search, High Tension and Secondary Accelerator (also incredible).

Ohh. Tx with the help here.^_^ Going to try to get all those skill.

And. Any good weapon skill i can focus for? To maximize the damage?

Also..... someone helped me stop running around for shiny crystal in Noctilum,Buchwald Area. I can't stop farming.T_T

eaise

Neo Member
What exactly does Treasure Deal do?

People offer items they get from enemies and people can "bid" for it. Its not actually a bid (if you want it you press minus and after a minute or two the game randomly chooses from all the people that "bid" on it and gives it to them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom