• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

I really want to love this game but I'm having trouble. I'm only five hours in and I just am not sure how to proceed. I don't know what's important and what I should be prioritizing.

I just got to the point where the introduction seems to be over; my team told me I can accept missions, decide who to take, etc. I met the potato guy.

How so? Is there a way?
Support missions on the online console. There are various missions for various stuff, such as affinity, battle points and miranium.

I really want to love this game but I'm having trouble. I'm only five hours in and I just am not sure how to proceed. I don't know what's important and what I should be prioritizing.

I just got to the point where the introduction seems to be over; my team told me I can accept missions, decide who to take, etc. I met the potato guy.
Take any social quests from the mission console and walk around the city a bit to see if there are any quests too. Or just continue the main story for a bit.

Here's a very basic question. I pick up gear but can't equip it. It will say "You aren't the right class for that." I can tell what kind of class I am, but I can't tell what kind of class the gear wants. Either it's right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it, or it's just not shown.

Z3M0G

I'm doing an Afinity mission and it tells me to kill X of something in the first continent... but the game seems to provide me NO hint of where to find the enemy... other than the enemy's level, which I do not find helpful. According to the beastiary I killed a few of them before though...

Any tips? Am I missing something?

Here's a very basic question. I pick up gear but can't equip it. It will say "You aren't the right class for that." I can tell what kind of class I am, but I can't tell what kind of class the gear wants. Either it's right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it, or it's just not shown.

Class or level?

I'm doing an Afinity mission and it tells me to kill X of something in the first continent... but the game seems to provide me NO hint of where to find the enemy... other than the enemy's level, which I do not find helpful. According to the beastiary I killed a few of them before though...

Any tips? Am I missing something?

Which affinity mission? if you have to search out monsters the GamePad map will sometimes have hint markers for the general area where they're found.

Fandangox

You can't see what classes are attached to a weapon during the weapon equipment screen, but you can see which weapons are attached to each class on the Class selection screen.

PetrCobra

Try to do whatever you enjoy. Complete a mission if it feels like fun, let it rot in your mission list if it doesn't. If it's a kill/fetch quest, chances are it gets completed anyway, without you really thinking about it. Explore, get killed, laugh it off and explore some more. Dig through the menus until your brain bleeds.

I dunno, this worked for me. You really shouldn't worry about "what am I supposed to do" too much because the game isn't really structured that way anyway. It's you on an uncharted planet where danger waits around every corner. Have fun and learn stuff along the way.

Class, I think. Definitely not level. I can see where the level requirement is.

Class selection screen. It tells you the associated weapons.
Once you max out a class path, you can use those weapons in any class.

Upon testing this Ares 90 in vanilla, it's still powerful enough to one-shot Elvira, that one level 90 tyrant in Drop Shaft in Primordia. I tested it this time with Luciel, that Millesaur tyrant. Too bad it can only deplete about a half of it's life with that laser. And it destroyed my Ares 90 in 3 hits lol. I guess it found its match in that dinobeast.

I have 3x attribute.ether up on the frame and 3x custom.wp-atk on the cannon. It'll one-shot Luciel. I'm taking a break from farming before trying to optimize it further for the tougher tyrants (if not craft a new skell).

I'm stuck on a boss in chapter 12 and I keep laughing because
Vita is supposed to mean life but it keeps killing me :(

That boss is simply bitter about
the handheld console wars
I recommend leveling up to 55. It's very prone to stagger/bind from a higher level, and you'll need a good ground game for the later phases.

Z3M0G

Which affinity mission? if you have to search out monsters the GamePad map will sometimes have hint markers for the general area where they're found.

The very first one for the young girl... where you need to repair a sensor or whatever. I need to go out and get a couple items from a certain monster. So it's not exactly the monster that is the target, which would usually show up on the map... it is the item drop from the monster.

Don't worry, this isn't the last time Tatsu does something stupid.

You say that like Tatsu's stupidity is a thing that stops and starts, like there are events of stupidity rather than it being a universal constant against which all other stupidity is measured.

How I feel about Tatsu is how I was worried I'd feel about Riki when he first joins your group in the first game.

I miss Riki. Or maybe I don't miss him and that Miiverse message which keeps popping up every time I play the game has finally brainwashed me,

Irminsul

Can you only have one active standard mission at a time?

I'm currently grinding for Chapter 5 (because I think I'm a few levels too weak for it) and wanted to take some standard missions for one. Now one wants me to find a "Eon Motor" (if that's the correct English term for it) somewhere in Noctilum (I love the precise local descriptions) and I have no clue where to start. So I wanted to take another one and just at some point find that damn motor out of luck. But no chance, I can't find any question marks anywhere.

Can you only have one active standard mission at a time?

I'm currently grinding for Chapter 5 (because I think I'm a few levels too weak for it) and wanted to take some standard missions for one. Now one wants me to find a "Eon Motor" (if that's the correct English term for it) somewhere in Noctilum (I love the precise local descriptions) and I have no clue where to start. So I wanted to take another one and just at some point find that damn motor out of luck. But no chance, I can't find any question marks anywhere.
You can only have one affinity or story mission at a time. Can't abandon them either. Always save before you start them.

No such limits on normal and basic missions.

The very first one for the young girl... where you need to repair a sensor or whatever. I need to go out and get a couple items from a certain monster. So it's not exactly the monster that is the target, which would usually show up on the map... it is the item drop from the monster.

Oh, yeah, everyone always bitches about that one.

Your best bet is to look at the spreadsheet in the OP to find them.

Or just use Reward Tickets.

Weird. Is there a general lack of normal missions around where I am, story-wise?

Well, it's not like I forgot how to grind, it is a JRPG after all... Come here, stupid wildlife...!

A bunch of Normal Missions open up after each chapter. There's a bunch that open after Chapter 5.

Xenoboy

I did Bozé's second mission, he's come around my better side now, but what he said in the first mission still sits bad with me. Let's see how his last mission pans out, I want to know some more things.
Can
Clarrisa survive
in this mission?

Menthuss

So uh, about that Alien Nation sidequest. That was pretty fucking grim.
I started getting suspicious when he wanted to take the Manon to some secluded spot on Primordia but I didn't expect him to start executing them.

Mandelbo

Is there a specific, scheduled time each day that you get FrontierNav resources, or do you get them after waiting a certain amount of time regardless of the time in game? I'm doing The Repair Job affinity mission and I need to get four more mineable items - I have probes set up in the right places to do this, but is my only option just to wait until the rest of it has been extracted?

I did Definian Downfall last night and have done her Sylvalum quest.

then it may be the case you're not at the right container. Her container is behind a shield that must be deactivated first. The door is guarded by a level 60 milsaadi and around her container are a bunch of level 35 hippos.

also what chapter are you on?

then it may be the case you're not at the right container. Her container is behind a shield that must be deactivated first. The door is guarded by a level 60 milsaadi and around her container are a bunch of level 35 hippos.

also what chapter are you on?

I'm in the post game and am at the correct container, I youtubed someone starting the quest to make sure :p

Edit: Exited and restarted the game and it activated immediately.

Top Bottom