• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Malus

That's the squad mission online. Gonna need some BLADE medals for it though.

If you're just ticket farming, just cut off the wings and the tail, then abandon the mission since you just need those appendages cut for item drops. Then trade those for reward tickets.

Don't forget the back.

Ventara

You can't grind weapons for the Ares. You can't change anything on it except augments.

You can't grind for Ares weapons as you can't change any parts of it. You can grind for powerful augments for it however.

Oh, I did not realize this. I guess that saves me a step!

A properly augmented Ares 90 is strong enough to take on anything on its own, the super-powered level 60 skells are essentially a vanity thing in that sense.

I'd say go make your ground build.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. The Ether Blossom build seems so overpowered. Just the grind for the augments is gonna be a pain. Guess I'll see where I stand after I've got that done, since that'll take a while.

You can't equip anything else of the Ares 90 but augments. The weapons on it are locked so you'll have to make due. Path I'm taking and you should also is Ares 90 > Ether Blossom Build > Super Skell Build. The Super Skell is basically a a lvl 60 Mastema with lvl. 60 Amdusias armor swapped onto it, a lvl 60 Zenith Cannon, and the augments to make the Skell itself stronger.

Alright, will make this the next goal after my character build.

Golnei

Will it be a waste of money to get a third Level 50 Skell for Chapter 12? I know the Level 60 frames become available immediately afterwards, but I'm not sure how many of my party members will be at a level where they can use them during most of the postgame affinity missions.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Will it be a waste of money to get a third Level 50 Skell for Chapter 12? I know the Level 60 frames become available immediately afterwards, but I'm not sure how many of my party members will be at a level where they can use them during most of the postgame affinity missions.
Do it; 60 Skells are only craftable.

random25

Money becomes almost useless postgame so might as well spend it on a new skell. Support missions can also reward you a good amount of money too should you want to immediately get back at your investment.

black_clavus

Neo Member

trust me, It will be worth it... level 60 skell isn't that easy to get (farm)
Just get at least 2 level 50 skells, equip it with G-Buster & Phoenix, and last boss won't be a problem

Prepare your ground gear too

The last boss somehow instantly destroyed my level 50 Skell right at the beginning of the first phase. I had to go the rest of the battle on foot, while my teammates flew around shooting at him. One of them had a 50, too.

squadr0n

been working on the mission: Arms Testers Wanted. Where you need to equip a Titanium Knife II and kill 4 creeping Blattas in Primordia. Ive killed atleast a dozen and the counter still says 0/4. Am I missing something here lol?

The last boss somehow instantly destroyed my level 50 Skell right at the beginning of the first phase. I had to go the rest of the battle on foot, while my teammates flew around shooting at him. One of them had a 50, too.

wow that sucks

I backed out losing lv30s in phase 2
when back to grinding levels to max and buying some 50s

I was over leveled and it was a cake walk going back in with 2 50s

random25

been working on the mission: Arms Testers Wanted. Where you need to equip a Titanium Knife II and kill 4 creeping Blattas in Primordia. Ive killed atleast a dozen and the counter still says 0/4. Am I missing something here lol?

You need to hit them with the weapon at least once, whether by auto-attack or by art.

the knife has to hit at least once in the fights or it does not get counted as a research kill

also when controlling the character using it start the batter with the weapon needed visible on the back of the character that way it auto attacks with that first

El Odio

Banned
So chapter 10 wasn't as difficult as some of you made it out to be. I was only level 47 with E/L 44 and Celica at 30 something but it was no trouble at all, even with Lin losing her skell near the start.
I was hyped to see the Ga Jyirg appear ever since ut was show at the end of one of the early trailers but disappointed that the scene with the skells flying up to fight it wasn't present, less it shows up later since it's remains are still present. It actually kind of bothered me how there wasn't any resolution with its defeat at the end of the chapter and it instead focused on some tropey feel good stuff. Are they just goingto let it's wreckage sit there? Did Ryze die?
It was actually kind if funny since I got the spore storm near the end of fight and had to finish it completely blind.

I really messed up on an affinity shift with Divine Nopon yesterday

I could have lied to him and say Ma-non
Hates Pizza

I regret screwing that up

can't go back I am still stuck on 96 blood lobsters

Leiru

So chapter 10 wasn't as difficult as some of you made it out to be. I was only level 47 with E/L 44 and Celica at 30 something but it was no trouble at all, even with Lin losing her skell near the start.
I was hyped to see the Ga Jyirg appear ever since ut was show at the end of one of the early trailers but disappointed that the scene with the skells flying up to fight it wasn't present, less it shows up later since it's remains are still present. It actually kind of bothered me how there wasn't any resolution with its defeat at the end of the chapter and it instead focused on some tropey feel good stuff. Are they just goingto let it's wreckage sit there? Did Ryze die?
It was actually kind if funny since I got the spore storm near the end of fight and had to finish it completely blind.

Thats the problem

Uhhh, "only"?

I think I was 38 or so when I got to chapter 10.

I don't think it matters when you're in a skell though.

Ventara

Just got Ares90 and oh man, is this thing amazing! I'm just standing there on the spot picking off enemies one-by-one, killing them in one hit. Going around throwing around my newfound power is gonna be so fun!

Leiru

I was getting posts saying it was difficult at around that level span. Hell, some back in OT one told me to be around said level for chapter 9!

Well i've heard people beating the game at all sort of levels but from what i gathered, level 50-55 should be challenging enough, although maybe your class might have an impact on that too.

random25

Just got Ares90 and oh man, is this thing amazing! I'm just standing there on the spot picking off enemies one-by-one, killing them in one hit. Going around throwing around my newfound power is gonna be so fun!

Congratulations! Now go one-shot that Guardian Deity with your ether cannon! :)

After spending some time with it I like the idea of Overdrive but not how it's implemented.

Once you figure out that you can just repeat (2-3 Orange/Yellow Artes > Green Arte > Repeat) to kill pretty much anything it makes your party a little irrelevant when it comes to contributing to the damage. Even when your party members use Overdrive they can't do so effectively.

I think I prefer Xenoblade Chronicles' version of the mechanic, where your whole party joins in and you have to link attacks using your party's combined arte pool to deal damage. In this case no one's power far outstrips the others.

In Xenoblade X the only times I think where things are even damage wise is when you're fighting in Skells since the only thing that matters there is the gear on the Skell and whatever ground gear skills you have for Skells (which can be piloted/equipped by anyone).

Dineren

Banned
Finally got my Ares 90. I only planned on getting it real quick and shutting down for the night, but that thing is way too fun. Flying everywhere and destroying 60+ tyrants in one shot is so satisfying. After using a heavy skell since level 30 it was nice to finally have something that actually looked nice that can also take some damage.

Sadly my run came to an end when I got too cocky and tried to blast Pharsis in Sylvalum.

Anyone know best place to level to 30? I can't do next chapter until then. I'm level 26 and read a good place is Southwest Olivia, but I've been here for ages and just now got 1 level...

Now one wants me to find a "Eon Motor" (if that's the correct English term for it) somewhere in Noctilum (I love the precise local descriptions) and I have no clue where to start.

Is this for the A Proper Chopper mission in which you have to repair a chopper? If so, the English name for the item you need to collect is a Spherical EM Motor. There's supposed to be an NPC somewhere in NLA that tells you where to find such item (although I never encountered that NPC).

Anyway, in case it's really the Spherical EM Motor you're looking for, you'll have to go to the Weeping Whitewood. Here's one possible route how to get there.

I can't make up my mind if I love this game or not. I'm about to start Chapter 8, but these prereqs for missions are killing me...especially the "be this level". I'm killing Blatta on this beach and they don't appear fast enough to be of much use. And they only give 75exp. Its just frustrating that a game where the level grind should be fun, and kind of is fun, is hurt by the requirement to grind. If that makes sense....

Ventara

I can't make up my mind if I love this game or not. I'm about to start Chapter 8, but these prereqs for missions are killing me...especially the "be this level". I'm killing Blatta on this beach and they don't appear fast enough to be of much use. And they only give 75exp. Its just frustrating that a game where the level grind should be fun, and kind of is fun, is hurt by the requirement to grind. If that makes sense....

If you have 4 level 30 skells, forget about that. Equip the G-Buster weapon on everyone and go grind the Crazed Aeviters (probably butchered the name) in Northern Noctilum.

Thanks for the help!

neStRkh.jpg

Golnei

Thanks, I'll go with three Level 50s, then. Now I just have to get Elma to level 55 so she can wear the black version of her default armour.

Did Ryze die?

She and Daghan are dead
. From the way it's presented I wasn't completely sure either -
Goetia's death
was really anticlimactic as well. All three of them are used really poorly in the overall plot - it's a significant step down compared to Metal Face in the first game. I think there's only one antagonist who even came close to being properly developed...

If you have 4 level 30 skells, forget about that. Equip the G-Buster weapon on everyone and go grind the Crazed Aeviters (probably butchered the name) in Northern Noctilum.
I have about 1.1 mil in bank at moment to nab some level 30 skells, but sadly I'm still not to level 30. Unless I'm crazy, it sounds like maybe getting to 30 is going to be the worst? I'm stuck with my crummy free level 20 skell for 2 more levels, then a few of us can grab level 30 skells.

HeroR

Seriously, what grind are you guys talking about. I went up ten levels just by fooling around with my Skell and killing any Tyrant I could. I am badly over leveled since I am level 47 and haven't even started Chapter 8 yet.

Ventara

I have about 1.1 mil in bank at moment to nab some level 30 skells, but sadly I'm still not to level 30. Unless I'm crazy, it sounds like maybe getting to 30 is going to be the worst? I'm stuck with my crummy free level 20 skell for 2 more levels, then a few of us can grab level 30 skells.

Nah, it's easy enough. If you're at least ~25, you can farm the Ovis (sheep-like animals) in Sylvalum. Don't have my game open right now, but around the middle to the East in Sylvalum, there's some sort of bridge leading up to a new area that has Ovis lv-30-40 that are pretty easy to farm.

random25

Level requirements are meant to prepare the players for the upcoming challenges. Without it, you'll most likely hit roadblocks due to being too underleveled against bosses and such.

As for grinding, at that point you already have skells. Hunt bigger easy-to-kill high-level monsters and you'll easily level up in a few kills. And Exp Boost equipment is a real handy tool.

After spending some time with it I like the idea of Overdrive but not how it's implemented.

Once you figure out that you can just repeat (2-3 Orange/Yellow Artes > Green Arte > Repeat) to kill pretty much anything it makes your party a little irrelevant when it comes to contributing to the damage. Even when your party members use Overdrive they can't do so effectively.

I think I prefer Xenoblade Chronicles' version of the mechanic, where your whole party joins in and you have to link attacks using your party's combined arte pool to deal damage. In this case no one's power far outstrips the others.

In Xenoblade X the only times I think where things are even damage wise is when you're fighting in Skells since the only thing that matters there is the gear on the Skell and whatever ground gear skills you have for Skells (which can be piloted/equipped by anyone).

Overdrive is meant to be an individual thing, though a simultaneous team overdrive provide some serious boost especially on defense. Soul voice and soul challenge basically is the team attack of this game. While you have less control over it, it is more dynamic and can be an active chain especially with team morale at peak.

Thanks for the help!

Nice! Go get the tyrants!

So what's a good all around augment setup for the Ares?

I'm thinking put 3 Damage Above XX on the frame, 5 Evade XX on the armor, but then idk about the weapons, they have three slots each. I'll put a Negate Ether Reflect XX on both of the ether attacks, then no idea, ranged accuracy?

Ulysses 31

I'm thinking put 3 Damage Above XX on the frame, 5 Evade XX on the armor, but then idk about the weapons, they have three slots each. I'll put a Negate Ether Reflect XX on both of the ether attacks, then no idea, ranged accuracy?

Weapon Attack Up XX on the Agni and superweapon.

You need just on negate ether aug, it's global. You don't even need to put it in the ether weapons.

Gattsu25

Banned
Beat the game.

I love this game.

I'm not sure if this is my GOTY 2015 but it's definitely one of the best games from last year.

mAcOdIn

Well, ultimately for the frame I think the clear goal is to get three EtherAttackUP XX's, whatever they're called, 3 Custom.WpnAttackup XX on the super weapon cannon thing, and then things get murky. I believe you only need 1 Ether Reflect and one Thermal Reflect to cover everything, I think one covers the whole skell for each type of damage, I don't think every Ether weapon needs an Ether Reflect. For the Gattling Gun I'm starting to lean towards 3 Weapon Speed Cooldown XX's as you can then use it pretty much without cool down.

So what I'm thinking is the Ashura Cannon or whatever it's called gets 3 Custom Weapon Attack Up XX's. The Gattling Gun gets 3 Weapon speed UP XX's. And then on the more useless weapons like the melee blade and the autoblaster I'm putting some Critical Chance ups and the Ether and Thermal Reflects. The Thermal weapon that throws those rings, I'm not sure what to put on there, maybe I'd craft some Antiultrafauna or whatever I plan on fighting or keep stacking more critical chance which would be effective towards everything.

I want to change my avatar to
Ayylma
, but I guess I wont be able to do it for a couple of months, yet. :p

The more I listen to the OST the more I start to love it. I think ACE+ type of music wouldnt have been a good fit this game at all. The sci-fi atmosphere Sawano pieces match completely with the theme of the game.

Level requirements are meant to prepare the players for the upcoming challenges. Without it, you'll most likely hit roadblocks due to being too underleveled against bosses and such.

That's what it's supposed to be for at least, then you have random ones like
Nagi's Time
where it's like ??? :p

Top Bottom