• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

wanders

OQ7rGet.jpg

8D0y3Jv.jpg

CGaKEwI.jpg

ecKeX27.jpg

7gf6ih3.jpg

GJaPMJB.jpg

1Ld9WUi.jpg

JgcNL6G.jpg

wUzdl6H.jpg

Its so fun taking photos! More here: http://imgur.com/gallery/jWvYQ/new

Xenoboy

Been doing some L stuff and he's being shady as always. L's Conundrum makes him out to be a
con man
, lol.

Here's a fun picture from a heart-to-heart with him as well.
dO9tmth.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I'm burning out quick with the quest loop. I think it wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't grinding for affinity.

I've given up worrying about affinity until postgame. I am leveling the party members who are gonna give me the arts I want. (Don't care about optimal builds atm, so I'm angling to look cool AF with Photonsaber/Dual Gunzzzzzz). Sadly, this means I have to do
Dougie-Fresh's
quests and he isn't my favorite. I really want to spend more time with
Nagi, my boy,
but hearing they aren't available for endgame stuff is L-A-M-E.

jonjonaug

Been doing some L stuff and he's being shady as always. L's Conundrum makes him out to be a
con man
, lol.

Here's a fun picture from a heart-to-heart with him as well.
dO9tmth.jpg
You can find the NPCs in that quest hanging around town later. In my case, I sold them exactly what they needed. Not sure how that changes dependibg on your choices.

Xenoboy

You can find the NPCs in that quest hanging around town later. In my case, I sold them exactly what they needed. Not sure how that changes dependibg on your choices.

Lol, I gave the first one something totally unrelated and the second one too. I didn't really think about it regarding the first customer.

Pineconn

A Fateful Choice (red
Orphean
mission) – is there any meaningful positive outcome from killing the
Telethia rather than just ending it
? Because I definitely can't kill it right now.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Requires 5 perforated oar. These can be obtained from Terebra enemies, which are those small theroids with big ears.

http://birdonwheels5.no-ip.org/xenoblade/augment_search.php?search_term=Reflect.NEG-ETHER+XX

Keep in mind this is for skells only. The augment for ground gear requires the same materials, but has a different name.

Let me clarify a bit. This augmentation doesn't even show up in my list yet. That's the issue I'm having. I need to make it available in the list first.

Hey guys, how are most people capturing direct screenshots of this game? Is there something I'm missing in-game, or are they utilizing a capture card?

Edit: Never mind, I read the FAQ in the OP. My bad.

Rootbeer

Banned
I keep getting kicked into Offline mode! Is there a way to reconnect without fully quitting the game? What is the easiest way?

i tried pressing Menu, opening the browser and loading a random webpage. it works, but when i jump back into the game i'm still "Offline"

Let me clarify a bit. This augmentation doesn't even show up in my list yet. That's the issue I'm having. I need to make it available in the list first.

To unlock augments you need to collect one each of the required materials. So in the case of the skell negate ether reflect, you'll need a perforated oar and a marine rutile (precious resource from data probes).

I keep getting kicked into Offline mode! Is there a way to reconnect without fully quitting the game? What is the easiest way?

i tried pressing Menu, opening the browser and loading a random webpage. it works, but when i jump back into the game i'm still "Offline"

I think you have to go back to the title screen.

yeah it sucks

lionpants

Can someone explain the difficulty colors for the segmants? I have read the manual and it claims that purple is the easiest, some monsters that are 10 levels higher than me also have purple names. Am I really supposed to be killing monsters that are higher level than I?

mclem

Just started playing (Selecting division now, so had a break to make a decision!). I've added myself to the spreadsheet, although I'm pottering around the very early content for now.

ivysaur12

Banned
Will that be enough though? It sold roughly 130k in Japan (with digitals counted in), right?
Lets remember that Xenoblade Wii. due to its poor release schedule, was pirated by millions, so I guess expectations were higher.

I dont see an actual sequel happening with these numbers, honestly.

We don't know how much it's sold in Japan until next week. With digital it's probably (guessing) close to, but under, 200k. But yeah, it's probably going to end up around 600k-700k. All things considered, that's not bad and will probably get a sequel.

Oh man I'm burning out quick with the quest loop. I think it wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't grinding for affinity.

Yeah do the quests because you want to do them and take your time. If you try to rush the burn out comes hard and fast.

I was extremely frustrated by the Mia Cauldros grind and wanted to stop completely but then one or two enjoyable side quests distracted me and before I knew it I was having a blast and got to 65%. Similarly with grinding affinity I just have 3 characters I want to build more affinity with and just taking my time with the quests. Already got some up.

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Oh, my brother is planning to main the Formula model but my little brother comes and says that the best model is the Mastema... oir faces:

XbgaKdo.gif
looks wont save you from big damage
get an Asmadeus then just craft the mech you really want endgame

Malus

Can anybody help me find the Murderess? She's gone at all times of day for me now and I wanna do her last affinity mission.

edit: Wow, just as I finish typing this I went and did a Hope heart to heart while searching, and I overhear a conversation that unlocks the Murderess's last h2h. Nice.

She's at a heart-to-heart spot; her last three are all "all day" availabilities, so she'll be there forever until you go see her if you're at a high enough affinity for them to be available. Since you want to do her final affinity quest, you must at least be at 4 affinity with her. Check the spreadsheet, allies tab, heart-to-hearts at the bottom to see where they are.

Thanks anyways. It's great discovering this stuff just when you're on the verge of looking it up.

Can anybody help me find the Murderess? She's gone at all times of day for me now and I wanna do her last affinity mission.
She's at a heart-to-heart spot; her last three are all "all day" availabilities, so she'll be there forever until you go see her if you're at a high enough affinity for them to be available. Since you want to do her final affinity quest, you must at least be at 4 affinity with her. Check the spreadsheet, allies tab, heart-to-hearts at the bottom to see where they are.

This is one of the funniest thing I've seen in this game.

qugl7gi.jpg

Not sure if they're worshipping the helicopter or about to have a dope breakdance / rap battle. Saltats are the best

-Horizon-

Oh my god so many quests open up after chapter 10 >.<

Orphe waifus are now a thing
Aw yeah lol

The one mission where
the orphe wanted to tame that giant fish but kept getting eaten
was hilarious. The power of friendship for what was a cold and calculating species is great though.

Also Lana pls.

Also got the 6 stars arms unlocked...where are my katanas dang it?!

Malus

Yeah do the quests because you want to do them and take your time. If you try to rush the burn out comes hard and fast.

I was extremely frustrated by the Mia Cauldros grind and wanted to stop completely but then one or two enjoyable side quests distracted me and before I knew it I was having a blast and got to 65%. Similarly with grinding affinity I just have 3 characters I want to build more affinity with and just taking my time with the quests. Already got some up.

I hear people saying 65% a lot but I had to get to 80%.

Zareka

Where the hell is the Boot Camp affinity mission? Feel like I've tapped every segment on my map and it hasn't come up. I have a cat so I've already done Nine Lives.

Top Bottom