• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

rhandino

Banned
I have a blank section where I missed an AM at some point. That must be them. I'm finished with Chapter 8. Is it too late to go back and get them?
Nope... the optional Arms Manufacturers requisites are:

1) Six Stars: Complete the Prospective Partners and A Challenger Approaches affinity missions in the BLADE Barracks.

2)
Orphean Technologies
: Complete the Rescue at the Ensconced Citadel normal mission from Julius. He is at the left side of BLADE Tower and available after Chapter 3...

3) Nopon Commerce Guild: Complete the BFF's Affinity Mission (available after Chapter 5 and had completed The Ties that Bind affinity mission.

4)
Factory 1.21
: Complete all the missions related to Professor B, he is located in the Industrial District near the elevator that you use when entering New L.A. for the first time.

Lunar15

Are you saying the affinity missions themselves are a waste because the characters are boring, or that it's a waste to have affinity requirements because it leads to people skipping over the affinity missions?

Yeah, that was a wonky sentence. What I meant was, it's a waste to have so many characters because most of them aren't very interesting. But you don't really know this until you start leveling up affinities and doing their quests. Had it focused on a smaller crew that was more interesting, I would have done more affinities and enjoyed them more. Like, I'm late game now and I really don't feel like leveling up the affinities of the playable characters you get in the late game. It's a shame because they seem way more interesting than the first few characters they throw at you.

Basically, that fourth character slot is a pointless, revolving door of generally underleveled characters for me right now. It's hardly a game-breaker, but it just feels disappointing because the entire concept makes perfect sense in a game like this. It's a slice of life anime, basically.

Fandangox

Yeah, that was a wonky sentence. What I meant was, it's a waste to have so many characters because most of them aren't very interesting. But you don't really know this until you start leveling up affinities and doing their quests. Had it focused on a smaller crew that was more interesting, I would have done more affinities and enjoyed them more. Like, I'm late game now and I really don't feel like leveling up the affinities of the playable characters you get in the late game. It's a shame because they seem way more interesting than the first few characters they throw at you.

I'd recommend doing H.B's and Yelv's. H.B is probably the most endearing optional party member, and his questline has it interact with Vandham, so it comes off a little better in terms of making him feel integrated to the world.

Yelv's final quest has some implications about the plot that become more clear if you have already beaten the game.

Lunar15

I'd recommend doing H.B's and Yelv's. H.B is probably the most endearing optional party member, and his questline has it interact with Vandham, so it comes off a little better in terms of making him feel integrated to the world.

Yelv's final quest has some implications about the plot that become more clear if you have already beaten the game.

Yeah, these are the two I'm working on. I'm also working on
Nagi
, just because I want his second art. I'll probably just slot both of them in and go actually finish a lot of these quests I've been sitting on. They all ended in some kind of collection thing, so I've ignored them.

Fandangox

Yeah, these are the two I'm working on. I'm also working on
Nagi
, just because I want his second art.

Nagi's
was weird in that it has one of the coolest cutscene in the game, but in terms of closure I don't really feel like the ending of that one feels like I progressed
Nagi
as character or learned more about him.

1) Six Stars: Complete the Prospective Partners and A Challenger Approaches affinity missions in the BLADE Barracks.

2)
Orphean Technologies
: Complete the Rescue at the Ensconced Citadel normal mission from Julius. He is at the left side of BLADE Tower and available after Chapter 3...

3) Nopon Commerce Guild: Complete the BFF's Affinity Mission (available after Chapter 5 and had completed The Ties that Bind affinity mission.

4)
Factory 1.21
: Complete all the missions related to Professor B, he is located in the Industrial District near the elevator that you use when entering New L.A. for the first time.

Thanks, I have 2 and 3. I guess I need to start looking for 1 and 4.

boxter432

Ah, I see. I'm OK with that. Once I my get skell, I still plan to spend most of time traveling by foot. I like the super-run and moon jump too much! I also enjoy jumping all over the place while shooting my guns like I'm fucking Looney Tunes.
You will LOVE skell jumping. I miss it even though I can fly...

In what way? You can start exploring almost from the onset. Just pick a direction and run — the world is mindblowing in this game. :)

Exactly. I don't understand the complaints about the opening hours. It's like a badass 5 minute cutscene, then dropped immediately into exploration/combat before being introduced to NLA, which is extremely impressive in itself.

One of the best and most immediately satisfying openings in JRPGs since...FFVII?

Unless people are saying they're just confused and overwhelmed by the systems, then I get that.

vareon

In Skyrim, 100 hours in and I'm a walking dragon god who one shots dragons and throws lions from a cliff by shouting at them.

100 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X and I'm still getting squished by random bugs.

Good lord these first couple hours is rough

Yeah its rather slow. Took me a few days to work up motivation to get through the first few hours but once you get past chapter 3, it really opens up. Its a good thing I was on vacation when I really got into this game because I was *obsessed*.

Exactly. I don't understand the complaints about the opening hours. It's like a badass 5 minute cutscene, then dropped immediately into exploration/combat before being introduced to NLA, which is extremely impressive in itself.

One of the best and most immediately satisfying openings in JRPGs since...FFVII?

Unless people are saying they're just confused and overwhelmed by the systems, then I get that.

The very opening until you first step foot into NLA was fantastic but its all the exposition, explanations inside the Barracks that really bored me, even if it was important stuff to know.

Golnei

Basically, that fourth character slot is a pointless, revolving door of generally underleveled characters for me right now. It's hardly a game-breaker, but it just feels disappointing because the entire concept makes perfect sense in a game like this. It's a slice of life anime, basically.

The concept definitely could have been much better realised - I like the whole structure of having a larger cast with their own missions focused on them; but the party restrictions for most affinity and story missions, lack of shared EXP and limited character interactions and development along with the hit-and-miss nature of the individual arcs themselves all make it fall short in practice.

Though it's still something I'd want to see refined in future games instead of removed completely in favour of a traditional RPG party.

The immediate beginning is more or less fine, but the endless NLA exposition cutscenes are painful - even if the information is largely necessary, I'm not sure half an hour clustered around a table was the best way to deliver it. I wouldn't place it anywhere near FF7 in terms of keeping the player engaged.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

2)
Orphean Technologies

4)
Factory 1.21

I have somehow gotten to chapter 10 and not unlocked #1 there. I even have some of the others at lvl 5 already... hmmm need to go find those quests.

rhandino

Banned
How do you remove all fashion gear.
There are 2 forms:

1) Remove the pieces directly in the Fashion Gear menu.

2) There is an option to view the Equipped Gear instead of Fashion Gear, it's in the same menu where you select to change Fashion Gear.

novenD

So, couple questions here:

1. I'm trying to get a Spirit Wand drop, but I'm not having any luck, even when I do the S.Waters grind trick. Would Treasure Sensor augments improve my odds of finding one, or do those only improve drop rates of items from killing enemies?

2. (Yardley-related Spoilers)
Is it weird that the first thing I did upon completing Yardley's questline was make my male character into a body double of Elma so we could go have wacky anime hijinks together?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

2)
Orphean Technologies

4)
Factory 1.21

Thanks for this post, I'm still missing a couple and I've already leveled up four of them to 5!

I've nearly reached the limit for the amount of reward tickets I can carry. Is there anything I should use them on before I max out? I hear the best skills in the game require hard to get grindy items?

Xenoboy

So, couple questions here:

1. I'm trying to get a Spirit Wand drop, but I'm not having any luck, even when I do the S.Waters grind trick. Would Treasure Sensor augments improve my odds of finding one, or do those only improve drop rates of items from killing enemies?

2. (Yardley-related Spoilers)
Is it weird that the first thing I did upon completing Yardley's questline was make my male character into a body double of Elma so we could go have wacky anime hijinks together?

1. Treasure Sensor works only for enemy drops from what I know. Just go around S. Waters.

2. Yes. You should've gone for Irina.

I've nearly reached the limit for the amount of reward tickets I can carry. Is there anything I should use them on before I max out? I hear the best skills in the game require hard to get grindy items?

Ares90/Level 60 Amdusias/Mastema materials if you don't have them already.

Otherwise, you can never go wrong with Potential Up XX regardless of your build. Ultrafauna Slayer XX is a good augment for the strongest tyrants as well.

Ares90/Level 60 Amdusias/Mastema materials if you don't have them already.

Otherwise, you can never go wrong with Potential Up XX regardless of your build. Ultrafauna Slayer XX is a good augment for the strongest tyrants as well.

Ultrafauna XX is for the Telethia
and something ??? I have yet faced after 400+ hours

according to the Enemy Index

You haven't encountered any
Yggralith's
outside of the global nemesis?

I thought Yggralith Zero and Pharsis, the Everqueen were the only two Yggraliths? it's interesting how this parallels Telethia Plume and Telethia, the Endbringer being the only two Telethia

I thought Yggralith Zero and Pharsis, the Everqueen were the only two Yggraliths? it's interesting how this parallels Telethia Plume and Telethia, the Endbringer being the only two Telethia

The everqueen is the only yggralith outside of the global nemesis. So he hasn't found her yet it seems lol

Renewed

the one I want to make is still blank on the google list :(

anyone made a reflect damage XX? need a list of materials to grind for

Yggralith Horn - 1 (well, I can only imagine Pharsis would be reliable for this)
Cloudy Gerrid Soup - 5 (they're disc-like bugs on stilted legs that hop about and flop over. In Den of the Dead, below Delusians Northern Summit on the west side)
Sabula Backbone - 5 (sandworms, like the Tyrants in Oblivia/Sylvalum or the little versions you find near the Sabula tyrants Atreides and Gesserith in Sylvalum).
Bonjelium - 1 (FN mining resource)

Malus

The Affinity System is a great idea on paper but for some reason Monolith Soft always make it tedious to gain it affinity. At least in the original you could gift collectibles in between characters but it was kind of hard still if you don't constantly rotate them and since you also had character affinity between party members AND you also had to be making sure that the characters in the party were not maxed out between them to try to optimize the whole process. ugh.

I do wonder if some of the DLC characters could have been blocked and only made available in the post-game since a lot of people use them instead of Gwin and end up being blocked to Chapter 11 or at least unlock more early the Support Mission to raise affinity.

Oh well.

Affinity's been surprisingly easy for me so far. Haven't felt like I've been really grinding for it like in the original, save for a couple of the last characters but the support mission makes it easy.

CPCunha

Started flying... game expanded again... how am i supposed to finish this.... goddam.
I'm still completely lost on how to structure my gameplay. I've been doing all normal missions i find and some affinity (it takes sooooo long to farm affinity so i can meet requirements for missions)...so when i played chapter 8 i felt super OP. Then i went to 9 and got my ass kicked.

...this game...

I spent the past hour listening to Giantbomb Beastcast and clicking through the Enemy Index clearing the red NEW

we need a better way for OCD heads to get rid of these

edit: I'm going to have strange dreams again :( these creepy things
why do these robot enemies need boobs?

Yggralith Horn - 1 (well, I can only imagine Pharsis would be reliable for this)
Cloudy Gerrid Soup - 5 (they're disc-like bugs on stilted legs that hop about and flop over. In Den of the Dead, below Delusians Northern Summit on the west side)
Sabula Backbone - 5 (sandworms, like the Tyrants in Oblivia/Sylvalum or the little versions you find near the Sabula tyrants Atreides and Gesserith in Sylvalum).
Bonjelium - 1 (FN mining resource)

THANK YOU!

now I guess I have to meet this thing

boxter432

weather specific anything is stupid.

tyrant needs cauldros electromagnetic storm...have fast traveled and returned to skell at least 30x and its just cloudy or brimstone showers. no electro storm. dumb and an unnecessary waste of time.

Golnei

edit: I'm going to have strange dreams again :( these creepy things
why do these robot enemies need boobs?

Do you mean the Milsaadi? I always thought they were just another alien race...

Regardless, it's pretty obvious why they gave them boobs. If they don't even try to make them somewhat appealing, why make them female in the first place? I still can't believe how lazy they got with the female Ma-non and Nopon - it's all the more infuriating because they got it right with the Prone. Keeping the current designs for the males and then using that head on a more proportionate body for the females would have made so much more sense. As it is now, you can barely tell them apart.

tyrant needs cauldros electromagnetic storm...have fast traveled and returned to skell at least 30x and its just cloudy or brimstone showers. no electro storm. dumb and an unnecessary waste of time.

do it early morning it shows up sooner like 1-3 refresh

make sure you also have the right time, otherwise it won't matter how many times you reset the weather (dashing in and out of the Cauldros Waters to reset is also faster than return to skell iirc)
Do you mean the Milsaadi? I always thought they were just another alien race...

Regardless, it's pretty obvious why they gave them boobs. If they don't even try to make them somewhat appealing, why make them female in the first place? I still can't believe how lazy they got with the female Ma-non and Nopon - it's all the more infuriating because they got it right with the Prone. Keeping the current designs for the males and then using that head on a more proportionate body for the females would have made so much more sense. As it is now, you can barely tell them apart.

lel

Top Bottom