• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Do you mean the Milsaadi? I always thought they were just another alien race...

Regardless, it's pretty obvious why they gave them boobs. If they don't even try to make them somewhat appealing, why make them female in the first place? I still can't believe how lazy they got with the female Ma-non and Nopon - it's all the more infuriating because they got it right with the Prone. Keeping the current designs for the males and then using that head on a more proportionate body for the females would have made so much more sense. As it is now, you can barely tell them apart.

Yeah the Index description does call them a race but are not unlike machines

so I guess the Borg of Mira

I love the Definian's form my favorite is Juda

I hate the Tree Clan Prone males for the stupid :O mouth

Ryyz is much cooler than Goetia

I do not mind the Nopon and Ma-non sexless because they are more child-like innocent races which would be weird with boobs

the Kitties are great hope we see them in more games

rhandino

Banned
Affinity's been surprisingly easy for me so far. Haven't felt like I've been really grinding for it like in the original, save for a couple of the last characters but the support mission makes it easy.
I have Elma and Lin maxed and Doug, Gwin, Irina, Phog, Yelv and H.B. at 4 hearts but now I have Frye, Celica, Hope, Boze, Alexa and Murderess to level up... it's kind of overwhelming =P

vareon

Definian Downfall's last boss keeps killing me even when I'm level 59. There's one attack that chips away huge HP :/

Malus

I have Elma and Lin maxed and Doug, Gwin, Irina, Phog, Yelv and H.B. at 4 hearts but now I have Frye, Celica, Hope, Boze, Alexa and Murderess to level up... it's kind of overwhelming =P

The only one I have left that needs significant leveling is Mia and I should get a couple more hearts through the remaining affinity missions.

...damn. I'm almost done with this game. :'(

Given the events of the rest of the game's sidequests, they're not wrong.

That's why it's a normal mission spoiler :)

I regret that one party member I did not max out before the cut-off :(

I'll play a new game with a second account in a few months while waiting for NX

I don't really have a problem with affinity; I just have them in my party a bunch and do their soul voices, and clear missions with them.

El Odio

Banned
So
Alex's
last stand stuff.
It's been awhile since I did the previous mission but was he always working with the definian/ganglion? Why would a xenophobe work with aliens. I suspect this isn't really the end of this quest chain.

Diablos54

After 73 hours I can finally spread my wings and take to the sky!

Sylvalum/Cauldros Exploration:

SAcXVan.jpg

RU5FQWo.jpg

mMtU00a.jpg

K83U6kV.jpg

PTugtAi.jpg

QyNWAan.jpg

oKsec4u.jpg

Ohe6TIH.jpg

lD1OI6A.jpg

O5cWvX0.jpg

Lr6lCB4.jpg

gUpt8Gi.jpg

TdkRt2o.jpg

z7JMPNY.jpg

JR9FIYW.jpg

lBuGyyp.jpg

AZZ23Mq.jpg

ypC6pBZ.jpg

IMoqj1i.jpg

SbFKhok.jpg

oB7Ppge.jpg

rhandino

Banned
I regret that one party member I did not max out before the cut-off :(

I'll play a new game with a second account in a few months while waiting for NX
My brother have that party member as his 4th main and has neglected to use any other party member... I better spoiler free warn him to use Gwin so he is not blocked by those affinity missions when trying to do Chapter 11.

My brother have that party member as his 4th main and has neglected to use any other party member... I better spoiler free warn him to use Gwin so he is not blocked by those affinity missions when trying to do Chapter 11.

getting blocked by a 1-heart requirement? that's just sad lol

Golnei

I do not mind the Nopon and Ma-non sexless because they are more child-like innocent races which would be weird with boobs

It being weird is exactly why I want to see them try. They're so adamant in fetishising every humanoid alien race even when it leads to ridiculous dimorphism like the Prone's, the bizarre spectacle of a "hot Nopon" is the only logical conclusion. Imagine a humanoid Ma-non in bondage gear delivering an innuendo-laden villainous monologue in exactly the same voice as the rest of the species.

It'd be amazing.

So
Alex's
last stand stuff.
It's been awhile since I did the previous mission but was he always working with the definian/ganglion? Why would a xenophobe work with aliens. I suspect this isn't really the end of this quest chain.

I don't think he was until the end
. He probably didn't want to turn to them, but he had no other choice due to his steadily more radical ambitions; both parties were probably planning to turn on each other regardless.

yep I was blocked by Gwin when I was ready to go for ch11

it also sucked when I decided to max level up Nagi to take him with me to do Ch12

which really
sucked to find you can't use him for that

rhandino

Banned
getting blocked by a 1-heart requirement? that's just sad lol
I know... at least he likes to do a LOT of on foot combat and bounty missions so he is going to level that heart quick. But he don't particularly like Gwin so... =P

yep I was blocked by Gwin when I was ready to go for ch11
lol

Now that I think about it... does that mean that some people don't unlock the pets until chapter 11? That's so sad and also don't get to do some of the Heart-to-Hearts early =P

Timeaisis

Alright, finished Chapter 11. Not too bad.

I'm at 46 with all 30 Skells, so I need to grind a little before chapter 12? I'm just trying to finish this game at this point so I can move on. But I hear 12 is difficult.

It being weird is exactly why I want to see them try. They're so adamant in fetishising every humanoid alien race even when it leads to ridiculous dimorphism like the Prone's, the bizarre spectacle of a "hot Nopon" is the only logical conclusion. Imagine a humanoid Ma-non in bondage gear delivering an innuendo-laden villainous monologue in exactly the same voice as the rest of the species.

It'd be amazing.

I don't think he was until the end
. He probably didn't want to turn to them, but he had no other choice due to his steadily more radical ambitions; both parties were probably planning to turn on each other regardless.

ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZ it is so hard to be a ladykiller-pon

I love those guys and gals just the way they are lol they still reach into some crazy relationships

I can't believe I still stop a few minutes when I find a few xenos just hanging out together at some random place you did not expect to find them

El Odio

Banned

It'd be amazing.
I'm crying at the mental image.

I know... at least he likes to do a LOT of on foot combat and bounty missions so he is going to level that heart quick. But he don't particularly like Gwin so... =P

lol

Now that I think about it... does that mean that some people don't unlock the pets until chapter 11? That's so sad and also don't get to do some of the Heart-to-Hearts early =P

yeah I got my pets pretty late and started heart to heart end game
granted I was like 250 hours in at the time, I really did not like Gwin

but hate Doug even more so at least it was not him doing the blocking

Vena

Definian Downfall's last boss keeps killing me even when I'm level 59. There's one attack that chips away huge HP :/

Beam damage. You probably have like no beam resistance.

Western Volkampf tracker: 270,573 as of January 8th, 2016 - 13:44 GMT
I am still holding on hope that these numbers are just for the US. Otherwise this will be Xenosaga 3 all over again. ;__;

It the whole western market. Anyway, applying the Japanese scaling, that puts us around ~310k if we have a similar ratio of Volkampf kills to actual LTD (assuming my memory hasn't failed me).

The game will likely make its way to 500k, maybe stretch it out to 600k.

Question, how does reflect augments work?

Does it hit you then X amount of that damage get reflected? If so having higher resistance to the damage reduce the reflected amount?

random25

Almost completed NLA. A few more segments in commercial district and Ma-non ship left. Gonna build my second Ares 90 to keep up with the superbosses left.

can you go back to where it spawned and kill it over and over?

if some troll knows it is being tracked as a tool to guess sale numbers

If someone really wants to take literally days off their life to restart over and over again just to troll, maybe?

edit: also something important to remember is that the rate it increases=/=the rate sales go up, it's more likely that new copies are finally being played, as such the ratio will converge to 1 over time (though it will never get there)

Question, how does reflect augments work?

Does it hit you then X amount of that damage get reflected? If so having higher resistance to the damage reduce the reflected amount?

You need to use a reflect art aura to activate the reflect augments. I don't really know how the damages were calculated but from my experience, higher resistance didn't reduce the amount of damage being reflected to the enemy.

Beam damage. You probably have like no beam resistance.

It the whole western market. Anyway, applying the Japanese scaling, that puts us around ~310k if we have a similar ratio of Volkampf kills to actual LTD (assuming my memory hasn't failed me).

The game will likely make its way to 500k, maybe stretch it out to 600k.

Will that be enough though? It sold roughly 130k in Japan (with digitals counted in), right?
Lets remember that Xenoblade Wii. due to its poor release schedule, was pirated by millions, so I guess expectations were higher.

I dont see an actual sequel happening with these numbers, honestly.

Will that be enough though? It sold roughly 130k in Japan (with digitals counted in), right?
Lets remember that Xenoblade Wii. due to its poor release schedule, was pirated by millions, so I guess expectations were higher.

I dont see an actual sequel happening with these numbers, honestly.

Chances of a sequel also depends more than just sales. Apparently this is considered a low/modest budget game so it doesn't need to be a blockbuster to recoup

Renewed

Found the
black Yggralith
in squad missions. Got 616 reward tickets and a bunch of materials. Too bad it comes and goes with the squad missions. It's only level 55.

shanafan

Good lord these first couple hours is rough

When people say this, do they literally mean the first couple hours? I have played up to entering NLA and thought it as awesome so far. I had fun just running and killing all the mobs, and figuring out the controls and equipping new gear.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
When people say this, do they literally mean the first couple hours? I have played up to entering NLA and thought it as awesome so far. I had fun just running and killing all the mobs, and figuring out the controls and equipping new gear.

Story delivery is quite poor for the first few chapters, even by JRPG standards. Tons of info dumps and super boring cutscenes.

Wait they didn't divide EU and NA for tracking?
You guys sure?
You sure cause when I checked with my friend EU had a different total than NA's?

You have to start the game at pretty much the exact same time, otherwise the one that starts it up later will have a slightly higher number.

but at any rate if they were actually separate it would be a really strange coincidence to always be so close togther

Wiseblade

can you go back to where it spawned and kill it over and over?

if some troll knows it is being tracked as a tool to guess sale numbers
It's only generated for that one story mission, so the only way to get multiple kills would be by starting the game over. I think you'd actually need to save afterwards for the kill to register on the server. People who bought the game and don't progress to that point and those who disable the online stuff also throw off the number, but it's still good as a general low-end estimate.

rhandino

Banned
Does anyone have a guide of what the materials are for the Ares models and how much of each of them? I want to start using the tickets in before I reach the limits and have a little advantage to avoid much grinding =P

Poyunch

Oh man I'm burning out quick with the quest loop. I think it wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't grinding for affinity.

jonjonaug

Does anyone have a guide of what the materials are for the Ares models and how much of each of them? I want to start using the tickets in before I reach the limits and have a little advantage to avoid much grinding =P
Use tickets for 2 gold ygg hearts, 4 silver vita cores, and 12 crude neinhall (or however you spell it) masks.

Top Bottom