• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

squadr0n

If I started an Affinity mission am I stuck with that mission until its complete or can I start something else and finish it later? I picked up the Repair Job quest and did know what all it entailed until halfway through.

If I started an Affinity mission am I stuck with that mission until its complete or can I start something else and finish it later? I picked up the Repair Job quest and did know what all it entailed until halfway through.

You can do Basic/Normal Missions, but you're locked out of other Affinity/Story Missions.

Additionally if your party size/members have some restrictions, that those restrictions are in place until you finish the mission.

squadr0n

You can do Basic/Normal Missions, but you're locked out of other Affinity/Story Missions.

Additionally if your party size/members have some restrictions, that those restrictions are in place until you finish the mission.

OK thanks,

Next question, Where do I purchase/acquire more Probes?

Branson

Did I pick the wrong class going the striker way? It said it was good for beginners and I was wondering if at some point I was going to have to change out of that class. I'm level 21 and getting ready to do chapter 6.

Did I pick the wrong class going the striker way? It said it was good for beginners and I was wondering if at some point I was going to have to change out of that class. I'm level 21 and getting ready to do chapter 6.

You'll want to level other classes eventually if you want to experiment with different options but the Striker class tree has really good weapons and arts that are tied to them so mastering them early is not a bad thing at all.

Branson

You'll want to level other classes eventually if you want to experiment with different options but the Striker class tree has really good weapons and arts that are tied to them so mastering them early is not a bad thing at all.
I'm fine with not going any other way if I don't have to. Im having enough fun with this class so far. I was just wondering if staying with one class is going to make the end of the story harder or anything

I'm fine with not going any other way if I don't have to. Im having enough fun with this class so far. I was just wondering if staying with one class is going to make the end of the story harder or anything

No, you picked one of the easier class trees to use (needs no augments to do fancy stuff), thus being good for beginners.

Outside of some class bonus at the end there's no real harm in learning other things after you reach the end of a class line.

Malus

You can master the class, take the weapons from that class and level up a new class while still using the old weapons/arts.

Can't get
The Endbringer
close enough to standable ground he always flies way above.Luring him with a skell isn't working for me. I don't know how someone managed to that

Part way through the fight
it will fly near the ground on its own. Aggroing it then just flying to the ground won't work iirc.

Branson

Outside of some class bonus at the end there's no real harm in learning other things after you reach the end of a class line.

You can master the class, take the weapons from that class and level up a new class while still using the old weapons/arts.

No, you picked one of the easier class trees to use (needs no augments to do fancy stuff), thus being good for beginners.

What would I do without you guys.

Golnei

Luckily for you, the diving bottoms have a convenient opening in the front, just north of the love button, and Elma shaved for aerodynamics!

(I'm a bit surprised by the "female armor" in this game, although refreshingly, one of the NPCs in the commercial district laments the risqué designs)

Considering most of Sharla's armour in the first game, as well as the designs of the Machina women and Lorithia, I'm not sure you should have been that surprised. But they definitely have shown a much more singular vision with the designs for this game.

Also, along with the one you mentioned, there's also a woman in the industrial district who laments about not being able to pull off most female armour; (her exact words are 'Oh God, I'm so old') and a Ma-non who questions why 'it's so wonderful to let female parts flop around, but not male parts'. At least they're honest.

Neiteio

Considering most of Sharla's armour in the first game, as well as the designs of the Machina women and Lorithia, I'm not sure you should have been that surprised. But they definitely have shown a much more singular vision with the designs for this game.

Also, along with the one you mentioned, there's also a woman in the industrial district who laments about not being able to pull off most female armour; (her exact words are 'Oh God, I'm so old') and a Ma-non who questions why 'it's so wonderful to let female parts flop around, but not male parts'. At least they're honest.
Haha, I love the awareness. And yes, I remember Sharla's booby armor, etc, from the first game. I guess it just surprises me here because XCX looked a bit more grounded in terms of tone.

Minions

So what exactly is the difference between boost and specup? Ex: Boost.M-ACC VII vs SpecUp.M-ACC VII ? Which would be better?

Golnei

Haha, I love the awareness. And yes, I remember Sharla's booby armor, etc, from the first game. I guess it just surprises me here because XCX looked a bit more grounded in terms of tone.

A little more grounded, but nowhere near enough to take it out of that realm, visually. Setting aside how bikini armour has found a loving home in far more 'grounded' settings than the still-very-anime X, MMO and MMO-influenced sci-fi/fantasy is essentially an eternal wellspring of tits. It's a conceit that's embedded deeply enough into the soul of the genre to be impossible to remove, regardless of how they experiment with tone.

random25

I had the same problem...got some tips on here to do it early morning..and I got an EM storm on my first fast travel, before that I had traveled and returned to skell over 40 times. So do it Early Morning and you should get one.

I would try that. Thanks!

Don't forget that it can only appear between 5 and 7 in the morning, trying to get it at any other time is useless.

If it's relevant to the post above, then it makes sense to just play around the early morning weather. Thanks!

Fishlake

So I think 'm stuck in a green quest Ovah and Out. I chose the second option when speaking to the quest giver and he gave me the quest but not the item required to beat it. I just wish i had noticed before I saved. Is there anything I can do about this?

Ninferno

So, what are some good grinding spots at level 34?

Highly recommended this if you feel the need for some lv grinding. Lone lv56 Ganlion mech in eastern Oblivia that is easy, convenient, and safe for grinding purposes, requires absolutely no weapons/arguments customization. You do need some cash (for 2 stock Amdusiases) though which should be easy to come by anyway since you are already lv34. Warp to the the FN site, turn the corner, 2 E-scythe at the back (run if any of them missed) and this mech should go down fairly quickly, leave and return to skell, and then repeat. It is so easy that it almost feels like a cheat, and could bring you to lv50 in no time. By then you can turn to a new victim called Joker which someone just mentioned (not that it can't be farmed at lv30, it is just much easier if you have lv50 skells), who is also extremely good for class lv grinding should you need it.

Again, I would say only grind if you really feel the need (e.g. hit a wall during a main story fight), to avoid trivializing the story missions.

random25

So I think 'm stuck in a green quest Ovah and Out. I chose the second option when speaking to the quest giver and he gave me the quest but not the item required to beat it. I just wish i had noticed before I saved. Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm pretty sure it's on your weapon inventory now. Have you checked it?

I finally tanked a level 50 Xe-dom on the ground. I am happy with how my build is progressing even if doesn't really have much going for it yet.

Also, there is a strong love for Mia in the free report chat it looks like.

So hunting down all these probes sucks. I feel like I'm jumbled in some weird tangled mess. I think I must have done the Hugo mission if there is only one and it is needed to start Tobias' since I'm about to finish up his second one. Done all of Kirtsy's missions that I can without finishing these and unlocking all shops. Next I need to find some guy who's probably not still called Gua Shiro in the translated version.

Then that leaves two more storage probes to grab from the last two continents, then two collectapedias to fill out and then I can finally do Kirsty's last quest which could be anywhere since I can't find any info on it. I mean damn that's confusing as all hell. Getting the Ares 90 and making an Ether Blossom build is going to be a major pain in the ass at this rate if this is just the setup for it.

Edit: Can anyone give me a breakdown of the 'Go Sirho' quest line? I've done 3 affinity quests from the barracks that are apparently tied to it and no unlock, apparently there's another chain to do off of the manons and one call cooperation that chains into some others. Any locations or any of these and is that accurate?

Kindekuma

Banned
Just finished mission 6!

"Skell License Now Available!"

FUCK YEAH! 30+ hours without it so far.

"You gotta do like 8 missions that have multiple parts lol"

GODDAMN IT.

Well, at least 2 cleared automatically. But srs, Xeno?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just finished mission 6!

"Skell License Now Available!"

FUCK YEAH! 30+ hours without it so far.

"You gotta do like 8 missions that have multiple parts lol"

GODDAMN IT.

Well, at least 2 cleared automatically. But srs, Xeno?
You'll learn the meaning of it all after you finish them.

Can't get
The Endbringer
close enough to standable ground he always flies way above.Luring him with a skell isn't working for me. I don't know how someone managed to that

There's two mountain near the flying path, one of the mountain is standable, engage him with your skell normal attack, then lure him by moving slowly to the top of that mountain.
That's how I fought him with my ground builds, and you can do it with melee build too.

Oh my... I knew Ares 90 would be powerful, but I did not expect to one-shot Hartmut the Calamity.

And before anyone suggests anything reckless, I already have negate ether reflect. :p

Irminsul

Can somebody tell me what the English name of the arms company of the Ma-non is? Because the German name is quite a brilliant pun on multiple levels.

There's a figure of speech in German, "hieb- und stichfest" which means "airtight" in English. Literally, it's something about "hardened against blows and stabs", but you can read "stichfest" also as "(able to) stab hard".

The Ma-non's company is called "Lieb & Stichfest", and "lieb" means "dear" in the sense of "endearing", which perfectly fits the Ma-non.

random25

Can somebody tell me what the English name of the arms company of the Ma-non is? Because the German name is quite a brilliant pun on multiple levels.

There's a figure of speech in German, "hieb- und stichfest" which means "airtight" in English. Literally, it's something about "hardened against blows and stabs", but you can read "stichfest" also as "(able to) stab hard".

The Ma-non's company is called "Lieb & Stichfest", and "lieb" means "dear" in the sense of "endearing", which perfectly fits the Ma-non.

Candid & Credible

Haunted

I know that much, but I don't think I have it in me to do the grind.
I think the last thing to do for someone who feels "done" with the game after getting an Ares 90 and isn't interested in grinding more or filling out percentages is to look up the strong/unique lvl 70+ tyrants and fucking wreck them.

Feels good to end the game on a power trip and seeing some more impressive enemies.

Any wordplay involved here? My knowledge of the English language tells me no, but then again I'm not a native speaker.

For what it's worth, people translated the original Japanese name 偽りなき真心堂 into Truthful Sincerity.

TheMoon

Any wordplay involved here? My knowledge of the English language tells me no, but then again I'm not a native speaker.

That's just a happy coincidence where German lends itself to some neat little wordplay like that. In some languages it works, in some it doesn't.

Neilnail fight is now super annoying takes forever when the last on just heals the damage I give it

after 9 minutes I do not like the fight anymore

what Augment do I need to stop this?

Top Bottom