• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

If I could pay money and give like $10 for a million credits or something I would buy like 5 right now. I know youre probably joking but this game is honestly pissing me off more than bloodborne ever did with the final boss or whatever here. Pretty crazy how I'm 5 levels above it and cant seem to defeat it. I dont have any money or enough probes to do any of these probe tricks or anything. If I need gear for the ground game I have to buy that which is like 100,000 a piece. Im now down to 400,000 because someone told me I need to make sure my ground game is good too.

Am I really expected to grind for another 20 hours for this end boss? Money is the one thing I need.

I guess I dont understand why anyone would find this fun. I see people online in other forums say they have like 4-9 million at all times and I just wonder if they have anything else they do but play this game. Its frustrating. I just want to beat this final chapter.
No no no. I'm not joking, cap'n. I beat Xenoblade just a few nights ago, and honestly I had to force myself to finish a bit. I'm glad I did beat it, but the battle system kind of pissed me off a few times. Probably because I was so broke.

In order to get over this hump, I ran around enough to get research probes to generate 70K revenue, then I tied a string to an oscillating fan, then to my joystick on gamepad, and let it run 2 nights while I slept. I had a few million after it was all said and done. Then I bought best Skell I could, then beat game.

Branson

You don't need to, but it seriously ups your damage potential on foot. Wow, you really did just speed through the game.
Yeah. I guess I'll just grind out these normal missions for the next 50 hours.

No no no. I'm not joking, cap'n. I beat Xenoblade just a few nights ago, and honestly I had to force myself to finish a bit. I'm glad I did beat it, but the battle system kind of pissed me off a few times. Probably because I was so broke.

In order to get over this hump, I ran around enough to get research probes to generate 70K revenue, then I tied a string to an oscillating fan, then to my joystick on gamepad, and let it run 2 nights while I slept. I had a few million after it was all said and done. Then I bought best Skell I could, then beat game.

Oh man. I wonder if I can just set the joystick in an up position and let it run into a wall for like 3 days.

Yeah. I guess I'll just grind out these normal missions for the next 50 hours.

Oh man. I wonder if I can just set the joystick in an up position and let it run into a wall for like 3 days.
No. I think it detects if your movement is constant. It has to change. It took me no time at all to setup though. Trust me, it is easy. If you have a fan that turns, that works best. Make sure you have the game set to stream onto the gamepad. I put my heavy boots to left of my gamepad, tied a tiny loop and wrapped around left stick, and tied other end on back of fan. I constantly adjusted gamepad so the distance when the fan turns is just enough to pull the joystick a bit at the end of its turn so it pulls my character to run. Then when the fan spins back towards gamepad, he stops running. The heavy boots are to make sure it pulls the joystick and that it doesn't just pull the whole gamepad closer. Then you can stop adjusting, leave it alone for night, and come back tomorrow for lots of money. Oh, and go into the barracks so you don't accidentally run into the wilds and get eaten.

Like this

Branson

No. I think it detects if your movement is constant. It has to change. It took me no time at all to setup though. Trust me, it is easy. If you have a fan that turns, that works best. Make sure you have the game set to stream onto the gamepad. I put my heavy boots to left of my gamepad, tied a tiny loop and wrapped around left stick, and tied other end on back of fan. I constantly adjusted gamepad so the distance when the fan turns is just enough to pull the joystick a bit at the end of its turn so it pulls my character to run. Then when the fan spins back towards gamepad, he stops running. The heavy boots are to make sure it pulls the joystick and that it doesn't just pull the whole gamepad closer. Then you can stop adjusting, leave it alone for night, and come back tomorrow for lots of money. Oh, and go into the barracks so you don't accidentally run into the wilds and get eaten.

Like this

Haha that's amazing man.

I fucking finally beat the V. Holy shit.

Branson

Well. I think I've finally hit my wall with this game. I beat V and then can't beat the next dude. I guess I Just have to know when to quit. I haven't sold a game in years but I can't sleep because I've felt like I just wasted 50 hours of my life to this.

Thanks to everyone trying to help but I just can't do it anymore. Sigh.

Feels nice to finally be able to move on to other games though.

Flipside

Just started the game a few days ago and I'm really liking it so far. I'm about 14 hours in and just started
chapter 5

The amount of information being presented can feel a little overwhelming at times. I don't have any problems playing the game but I don't know how every little detail works yet. The green bar next to the characters at the combat screen, when is that B button event triggered, etc. I guess things will become more clear in due time.

A lot of the quests seem to be about "gather material A and B for me" but they never really give you a location for those materials. Sometimes you get a general direction but even the collectopedia isn't saying anything about locations of items. It's also often unclear if it drops from an enemy, a blue gem or from a yellow item that has to be explored. Is this supposed to be this vague or am I missing something? Because just wandering around hoping to stumble upon an item can make quests a bit tedious and unfocused.

Anyone got any tips for farming shard eyes for the treasure sensor XX augment?

Getting them is so painful.

Use missiles with custom mag traits.

By the way, I think farming for treasure sensor is kinda worthless if you can just scout for someone with 100% treasure sensor set.
Here few people that I've found with the set:

NTR: Scout for lvl60, full metal jaguar, dual guns, shield
Layfon: Lvl60, drifter, dual guns, shield

Irminsul

Okay, maybe I've overlooked something blatantly obvious, but two things are currently driving me mad:

1. I would like to start the "Hope springs eternal" mission or whatever that's called (in German it's "Hope dies last", lol), but I can't, because the basic mission isn't there at the BLADE terminal. What do I have to do?

2. I got a lot of information about where I can meet Elma and Lin for their second, third and fourth heart-to-heart. But nothing about the first. And I guess I have to remove them from my team, but where do I meet them then? And who tells me that?

Pokemaniac

Okay, maybe I've overlooked something blatantly obvious, but two things are currently driving me mad:

1. I would like to start the "Hope springs eternal" mission or whatever that's called (in German it's "Hope dies last", lol), but I can't, because the basic mission isn't there at the BLADE terminal. What do I have to do?

2. I got a lot of information about where I can meet Elma and Lin for their second, third and fourth heart-to-heart. But nothing about the first. And I guess I have to remove them from my team, but where do I meet them then? And who tells me that?

The list of basic missions changes every time you bring up the menu.

I don't remember the heart to heart locations of the top of my head, but Google is a good resource for that. Heart to hearts occur in the hexagon they're marked in on the map, and you collect information about them through gossip (the yellow smilies). You don't actually have to have heard about a heart to heat to do it, they will still occur as long as you meet the requirements.

Neiteio

So the "L" is for "Ladies"

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017nsnx.jpg

Well. I think I've finally hit my wall with this game. I beat V and then can't beat the next dude. I guess I Just have to know when to quit. I haven't sold a game in years but I can't sleep because I've felt like I just wasted 50 hours of my life to this.

Thanks to everyone trying to help but I just can't do it anymore. Sigh.

Feels nice to finally be able to move on to other games though.

50 hours? You give up at the final boss?

all you had to do is grind to level 60 that would take 20 minutes at the right farm area

Oh well at least you have other games

I waited 3 years for X, gave it 560 hours so far still grinding for perfect drops and builds

I might be here a while longer

On Topic: Dudes I farmed 8,000 tickets today and I swear I was only able to craft like 3 XX augs with that some of these damn things are insane time sinks

This freaked game man

oni-link

Ok I started chapter 12, I have one Level 50 mech and 3 level 30s, my team are all at level 51

Is the
Vita
the last boss? I died with all my skells down and me trying to destroy the
shield orb thing
but if there is more after that i'm not going to be able to do it with no skells, so if so I'll probably grind a whole lot more

I've not bought many skell weapons but always equip the most powerful stuff I find, I also have the awesome lazer from Lin's affinity mission, but I don't use it for me cos it takes away loads of other art slots, but when I give it to another skell they never seem to fire it

I have about 600k left in the bank, not sure what would be best to do, I'm at 76 hours now and have had a great time, but I'm just looking for a way to get to the end credits at this point

Irminsul

The list of basic missions changes every time you bring up the menu.
Hm, I though the social ones that start affinity missions are always there. Maybe I'm wrong. But I also checked more than once already.

I don't remember the heart to heart locations of the top of my head, but Google is a good resource for that. Heart to hearts occur in the hexagon they're marked in on the map, and you collect information about them through gossip (the yellow smilies). You don't actually have to have heard about a heart to heat to do it, they will still occur as long as you meet the requirements.
I guess I'll just have to do that, meh.

Karanlos

So I finally got to play this game after a lot of school and work.
Could any give me some pointers in regards to gear? Getting one shot in my next chapter mission and haven't gotten anything from drops. The shop mostly has level 1 gear or level 10 gear and I'm not 10 yet.
Some of the side missions are confusing like the find 3 zizi rabbits but doesn't tell me where so I had to look it up and found it to be nowhere near me.
Should I be doing something else to get levels and gear?

176 hours in and I just found out that you can abandon Squad and Global Nemesis missions and still get all of the goodies you earned. Just press + for the battle menu, then X twice, then select Abandon to save yourself valuable minutes.

There's still plenty I haven't discovered yet and I'm going to keep playing for a while but trying to clear out my inventory last night almost made me want to quit. There's no way to sort it and selling each item one at a time with confirmation takes too long. They did a lot of stuff right in this game but little things like that can really add up after a while.

Doing some affinity mission, cruising around in my beginner Skell in Oblivia and then I see the Leaning Ring, thinking it might be fun to ride to the ring's top...

...suddenly I get a loading screen. It's Mia! Quite a surprise.

(so adorable, yet so far away from unlocking her)

44h in, I just beat chapter 7, doing all the side quests I can.
I have a team of 4 level 30 skells, just one question : should I continue taking my time with the game or should I get the flying module for sKells in order to explore everything ?

I ask because there are a lot of side quests (namely the tyrant ones) I can do easier because I have skells now, so I wonder if flying would allow me to really enjoy the game more.

Branson

Ok I started chapter 12, I have one Level 50 mech and 3 level 30s, my team are all at level 51

Is the
Vita
the last boss? I died with all my skells down and me trying to destroy the
shield orb thing
but if there is more after that i'm not going to be able to do it with no skells, so if so I'll probably grind a whole lot more

I've not bought many skell weapons but always equip the most powerful stuff I find, I also have the awesome lazer from Lin's affinity mission, but I don't use it for me cos it takes away loads of other art slots, but when I give it to another skell they never seem to fire it

I have about 600k left in the bank, not sure what would be best to do, I'm at 76 hours now and have had a great time, but I'm just looking for a way to get to the end credits at this point
Haha hey you're like me last night. The Vita
isn't the last boss
and you have to beat the very last one
on foot for the second half of it.

Neiteio

Guy in the background is just like, "There goes the neighborhood"

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01grri2.jpg
Quoting my own picture to say, I just love how NLA keeps welcoming new xenos. I'm astonished at how many have come to town: At this point after Ch. 7, with many sidequests done, I have
Nopon, Ma-non, Orphe, Prone (Tree Clan), a Definian or two — and whatever the heck you call Professor B!

NLA, in general, has really grown on me. So many people to talk to after every quest, and nobody overstays their welcome. Very well-written and nicely paced dialogue with strong characterization. I also appreciate how the blue speech bubbles you trigger by walking by are spread out, so if you're running around town you usually have time to read one before triggering the next one. It's like a constant stream of storytelling you can take in while jumping around town, Super Mario 64-style!

Really feels like a lively place with the way I keep discovering funny little scenes like the Nopon and Ma-non attempting to play tennis, etc.

Greddleok

I got to the point where I am doing things to get my skell licence and I just completely ran out of steam. I have to explore a bunch, which is fine, but work got in the way and I've not turned on a games console in a week.

I was enjoying it too :/

gogogow

Doing chapter 9 and i'm getting my ass kicked. Gwin is too low level. He dies instantly when the battle starts (Heal me! I'm like "fuck off"). Can't choose Doug or Lao to be a team member since they are excluded. I'm looking for Irina and can't find her at her hangout?!

Why did Monotlith make putting members in your team such a chore? Why can't we just select our team members from a menu?

oni-link

Haha hey you're like me last night. The Vita
isn't the last boss
and you have to beat the very last one
on foot for the second half of it.

I've grinded from 51 to 55 and now have 2 level 50 skells, and two level 30s, plus I have about 200k left in the bank

I guess I need to research how to get some decent skell weapons and ground gear (so far I've more or less been using whatever I've found from drops)

Any tips?

-Horizon-

About to start this, any tips for a beginner?
Don't be afraid to explore or face tough enemies. There's no repercussion other than having to start at the last key location.
Also try to explore NLA after like every chapter. Its pretty interesting to see what changes.

Doing chapter 9 and i'm getting my ass kicked. Gwin is too low level. He dies instantly when the battle starts (Heal me! I'm like "fuck off"). Can't choose Doug or Lao to be a team member since they are excluded. I'm looking for Irina and can't find her at her hangout?!

Why did Monotlith make putting members in your team such a chore? Why can't we just select our team members from a menu?
Maybe the time you're checking for Irina is when her heart to hearts are active? I looked online and it says if you've done 3 of her heart to hearts, her 4th has her unavailable to recruit since she'll always be at her heart to heart location.

gogogow

Maybe the time you're checking for Irina is when her heart to hearts are active? I looked online and it says if you've done 3 of her heart to hearts, her 4th has her unavailable to recruit since she'll always be at her heart to heart location.

I don't remember doing any heart to heart....
Just checked and there are like 5 heart to heart locations, but I already have a mission (chapter 9) active, so it's not like I can do a heart to heart and recruit her......

Guess I have to grind with Gwin for hours till he is reasonably close to my level. We are now 10 levels apart...

Regiruler

I haven't played in 2 weeks. Once you stop playing for a while, the urge to go back in gets weaker...

Will I need the flight module to find the senripa water?

-Horizon-

I don't remember doing any heart to heart....
Just checked and there are like 5 heart to heart locations, but I already have a mission (chapter 9) active, so it's not like I can do a heart to heart and recruit her......

Guess I have to grind with Gwin for hours till he is reasonably close to my level. We are now 10 levels apart...

I thought it was only affinity missions that were locked. Don't know then. I can't imagine any other reason that Irina wouldn't be active.

I haven't played in 2 weeks. Once you stop playing for a while, the urge to go back in gets weaker...

Will I need the flight module to find the senripa water?

No. You can reach it on foot.

Xenoboy

I feel like my team is under leveled. Like I'm 45 and have yet to start Ch.11, but my highest leveled teammate is 40. A bit annoying.

Steejee

Man, 3x PositionDmg.ABOVE XX + Pheonix + Water Torture - Super fast/easy Affinity farming (and everything else farming). Easy to craft those ABOVE augments and never hard to get above a foe in a Skell. Trying to get everyone to 5 hearts so that I don't need to think about managing anyone's affinity.

Steejee

I don't see how that's possible in the second phase unless I don't know something. God that would have been easier. I still haven't beat them. Haha.

I sorta used a Skell:

First time I got beat up pretty bad, second try I was about to use my skell a few times - I led the battle off with a G-Buster attack, parked the Skell a bit away while I engaged the boss on foot, and when the Chimera came out I had enough fuel stored up to hop back in and immediate take a swing at the Chimera. Eventually got enough fuel for one more strike on the boss and that did enough for me to finish him off on foot.

Tripon

I sorta used a Skell:

First time I got beat up pretty bad, second try I was about to use my skell a few times - I led the battle off with a G-Buster attack, parked the Skell a bit away while I engaged the boss on foot, and when the Chimera came out I had enough fuel stored up to hop back in and immediate take a swing at the Chimera. Eventually got enough fuel for one more strike on the boss and that did enough for me to finish him off on foot.
Buy a better skell.

Top Bottom