• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

-Horizon-

No I saved right before that fight. As in when she asked you twice I was like huh I better save. I'm there. I can roam around the world and stuff. I haven't set up my probes much either. I'm getting like 21000 miranium. Wait I guess I can do normal missions and stuff right? Not affinity. I didn't even think about that.

A question though. I found a good spot to grind until level 50. Does the amount of damage a skell can do increase as your level goes up? Or is it all based off of equipment. Like if I can't beat the boss at level 45 with the same equipment as level 50? I'm just not making a lot of money right now.

Yeah you can still do regular missions.

I would say mech stats and your character stats are kept separate. I would say mech stats are dependent all on whatever you have equipped to your mech. So if you want to have better attack or defense, get better equipment.

Best place I found to grind level 50 and close to 60 was in northeast oblivia around the probe site that is all the way at the bottom of the ganglion base where its like on a small island below the cliff. There are like 3 level 50+ mechs you can fight one by one that made me level up pretty fast.

I just want it to rain in Oblivia, why is this so hard? D:
Plz game...
haha waiting for certain weather conditions in any region is so 'head to desk' inducing.

Branson

Yeah you can still do regular missions.

I would say mech stats and your character stats are kept separate. I would say mech stats are dependent all on whatever you have equipped to your mech. So if you want to have better attack or defense, get better equipment.

Best place I found to grind level 50 and close to 60 was in northeast oblivia around the probe site that is all the way at the bottom of the ganglion base where its like on a small island below the cliff. There are like 3 level 50+ mechs you can fight one by one that made me level up pretty fast.

haha waiting for certain weather conditions in any region is so 'head to desk' inducing.

Ok good to know. I guess just grinding to 50 won't help with that if I'm using the same equipment. Also thats place I'm using right now lol. Is there a guide that has good probe placements?

Steejee

Plz game...

If you're trying to kill that one Tyrant - go to the BC just Northwest of where he should be. Activate the tent, rest until the next timeframe (ie morning/afternoon/evening/etc), repeat until rain. I got it pretty quickly.

Xenoboy

If you're trying to kill that one Tyrant - go to the BC just Northwest of where he should be. Activate the tent, rest until the next timeframe (ie morning/afternoon/evening/etc), repeat until rain. I got it pretty quickly.

That's where I did it and got the rain and he wrecked my after that. Didn't help that there was two other level 40+ enemies with a shit ton of health.

Daknight

No I saved right before that fight. As in when she asked you twice I was like huh I better save. I'm there. I can roam around the world and stuff. I haven't set up my probes much either. I'm getting like 21000 miranium. Wait I guess I can do normal missions and stuff right? Not affinity. I didn't even think about that.

A question though. I found a good spot to grind until level 50. Does the amount of damage a skell can do increase as your level goes up? Or is it all based off of equipment. Like if I can't beat the boss at level 45 with the same equipment as level 50? I'm just not making a lot of money right now.

Skells works differently, raising your lv will let you use the lv. 50 skells. You should be able to get way more miranium at this point of the game (at least 50,000 I assume), yet at this point money is way more important actually to get those lv. 50 skells. You need to set up probes well to get money at this point you should be able to make a 80,000 or more setup (at least I manage to at that point). The skells lv. 50 start at around 1,900,000...highly expensive, but is best to get gear for the skells from enemies in cauldrous.

Branson

This is what someone did but its not super complete since some parts are missing from the map

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451

Still good though I think
Ok thanks. I'll look into it.

Skells works differently, raising your lv will let you use the lv. 50 skells. You should be able to get way more miranium at this point of the game (at least 50,000 I assume), yet at this point money is way more important actually to get those lv. 50 skells. You need to set up probes well to get money at this point you should be able to make a 80,000 or more setup (at least I manage to at that point). The skells lv. 50 start at around 1,900,000...highly expensive, but is best to get gear for the skells from enemies in cauldrous.

I kind of rushed to level 40 as soon as I hit 30 by grinding enemies and then just played up to chapter 12 off of that. I didn't really manage to do anything else because I've burnt out on the game pretty badly. Its actually kind of souring me on games at the moment because I'm just not getting any satisfaction from doing anything in this. But I have to finish it if I've come this far. I've been broke pretty much since I bought my team level 30 Skells.

Part of me just really really really wants this to be over. I don't feel like putting in 10 more hours to get probes perfectly set up or doing missions that are all basically the same thing just to beat the story. Sigh.

Steejee

That's where I did it and got the rain and he wrecked my after that. Didn't help that there was two other level 40+ enemies with a shit ton of health.

I think I beat that guy at 60, and had to flee the first time due to one of the adds. Wasn't using any weapons picked out specifically for him though, just a G2 Buster and misc other weapons.

I'm pretty sure I got the mission to kill him at like level 20/25, so it sat in my log for a loooong time.

Flying into the sky with my Skell has gotta be one of my top ten gaming moments of all time. It takes my breath away. Reminds me of the first time I flew Secret of Mana's Flammie and FF IV and VII's airships.

Currently on Ch 10 boss and things are getting pretty epic. Dunno if I will continue after finishing main story, just getting burnt out for some reason. And the regular Skell fight theme was stuck in my head last night while trying to sleep...lyrics in game songs often do that to me.

rhandino

Banned
Penny Arcade made another comic about the game along with a very interesting comments about their experience with it:

That save has thirty or so hours on there, we’ve got a very good loop going, and yet I still feel like we didn’t know anything about the game. We specifically haven’t sought help, either, from the vast Internet or from the grim work of the haruspex. There is so much to see and know that an indicator which reveals enemy facing was on the screen for more than a day of actual time before we perceived it.

[...]

We don’t know shit, and honestly, it’s amazing.
lol

paolo11

Finally beat the game and got my Ares90. I need to farm Necro for armor. I need a blossom build.

Do you guys use level60 skells? I was thinking of getting one or two

oni-link

I just googled how many chapters are in the game as the next one for me is
Chapter 12

Is there a point of no return in this game? If I accept that am I then unable to take on any more affinity missions until I beat the game?

My team are all level 51 and most people seem to say they beat the game in the mid 50s so I don't want to get stuck on the last mission and then have to grind before I can beat it, if I could just take on other affinity missions in the meantime

Also I'm 74 hours in and I have no idea how affinity even works, there is a Level 50 affinity mission for Irina that I don't have enough stars to accept, when she's been my 4th party member for about 40 hours of the game, I don't know what else I could have done to raise her affinity level, it must take about 500 hours to get everyone to max level

It's annoying because it's prevented me from using the other party members much as they're useless until they're pretty much up to the same level as everyone else in the party

Also as a side note, a lot has been made about the Wii U being roughly the same as the last gen consoles in terms of power, do you think theoretically this game could run on a PS3/360, and if so could it run as well as it does on Wii U?

tinantlu

Plz game...

I looked it up on GameFAQS, the easiest way to change the weather is when you have a skell just drive it out to the edge of whatever continent you are on and then

1. fly to the waters surrounding the continent so that the location switches
2. fly back to the continent
3. the weather switches each time you go back and forth with no loading
4. once it's where you want it, then just fly or drive back to the zone you are farming, don't quick travel or it will switch again
5. ????
6. profit

Also note that certain weathers can only happen at certain hours

Pokemaniac

I just googled how many chapters are in the game as the next one for me is
Chapter 12

Is there a point of no return in this game? If I accept that am I then unable to take on any more affinity missions until I beat the game?

My team are all level 51 and most people seem to say they beat the game in the mid 50s so I don't want to get stuck on the last mission and then have to grind before I can beat it, if I could just take on other affinity missions in the meantime

Also I'm 74 hours in and I have no idea how affinity even works, there is a Level 50 affinity mission for Irina that I don't have enough stars to accept, when she's been my 4th party member for about 40 hours of the game, I don't know what else I could have done to raise her affinity level, it must take about 500 hours to get everyone to max level

It's annoying because it's prevented me from using the other party members much as they're useless until they're pretty much up to the same level as everyone else in the party

Also as a side note, a lot has been made about the Wii U being roughly the same as the last gen consoles in terms of power, do you think theoretically this game could run on a PS3/360, and if so could it run as well as it does on Wii U?

At this point you've already missed all of the (fairly minor) missable content in the game. There is a point of no return of sorts, but that only applies until you finish the chapter. It will be really obvious when it happens.

You seem to be at a pretty good point to do do that chapter, but I'd just recommend making sure you have at least 1 level 50 skell.

There are support missions that unlock post game which speed up affinity grinding, among other things.

PS3 and 360 likely couldn't handle this game due to RAM limitations alone. Even if that wasn't an issue, their GPUs really aren't up to par with the Wii U's feature-wise, and their CPUs are different enough that it is very difficult to determine whether or not the game would be able to be ported and have decent performance.

-Horizon-

So after finishing up XenoX I thought it'd be a good idea to restart XenoChron and actually finish it. Oh god my eyes. My old TV plays Wii games pretty well but oh man, its like XenoX font but cranked to 11...11 being the font size. Can barely read anything in the art pallet or when the tutorial comes up >.<

Unless the other guy hurries up it will take a while though because that's the last run he's doing for a while :p

I'd laugh if (when?) both games are sub-6

Ah, well if nobody else picks up the game then obviously it won't get to that point, but I can see sub-6 being the ultimate goal. Maybe now I can finally finish watching a VoD before he gets a new time, lol.

Speaking of streams, there's a streamer called zipzo that was just fighting
Nalclyon Nardacyon the Shadowless
on foot just now and has really good builds.

so glad there is a world tyrant to farm tickets on right now

doing another build for Nardacyon following a guide about Astral Protection
after grinding reflects and Beam resist all day yesterday I could only get Nardacyon down to like 40% health before Ghost walker fails to protect me from a wip

I am enjoying the min/max aspect of this game much better than a one build kills all route

I'm sure with a more focused grind there is a 1 build that kills all but I don't have the timing skills to make them work 100% of the time

Zalusithix

so glad there is a world tyrant to farm tickets on right now

I'm half glad, half sad. It'll speed up my plans for sure, but it does feel cheap to ticket farm compared to mat farming. Especially now when I'm done breaking every part on Yggralith Zero in ~30 seconds with only a partially optimized skell build. Still, the logical side of me will always win in these cases so there'll be lots of dismantling of Yggy this weekend.

Renewed

I'm half glad, half sad. It'll speed up my plans for sure, but it does feel cheap to ticket farm compared to mat farming. Especially now when I'm done breaking every part on Yggralith Zero in ~30 seconds with only a partially optimized skell build. Still, the logical side of me will always win in these cases so there'll be lots of dismantling of Yggy this weekend.

Suffer mat farming LOL even when I break the part it somehow doesn't show up. If they were going for a 100% drop (with treasure sensor) tied to the part break , they messed up. If they intended this, I'll gladly grind tickets. Not gonna feel dirty for using what's available to me, especially now that it's come down to press one button to break nearly every part on Ygg at once.

Kindekuma

Banned
Reached level 30 and finally purchased Skells for Elma and Lin. Can afford one more, should get one for my fourth member. Holy smokes combat just got from awesome to fantastic with the team being in all Skells.

Time to start taking on much higher level enemies and farm EXP like crazy.

I got disconnect twice now while fighting this I just keep fighting until timed out

I never look for what parts I broke off because I just like to see the health bar refresh until timed out

so I guess I am doing it wrong :)

I hate going without a world tyrant for tickets, I don't enjoy it when they are not active

I got disconnect twice now while fighting this I just keep fighting until timed out

I never look for what parts I broke off because I just like to see the health bar refresh until timed out

I hate going without a world tyrant for tickets, I don't enjoy it when they are not active

Break all the parts then abandon for tickets. No need to fight it until the time run out..... Unless you want holofigure and material.

Zalusithix

Suffer mat farming LOL even when I break the part it somehow doesn't show up. If they were going for a 100% drop (with treasure sensor) tied to the part break , they messed up. If they intended this, I'll gladly grind tickets. Not gonna feel dirty for using what's available to me, especially now that it's come down to press one button to break nearly every part on Ygg at once.

Yeah, the M-Missiles make short work of Ygg's parts. It's precisely that ruthless efficiency that makes it feel kind of cheap. Get in, fire off a few weapons, confirm everything is broke, and abandon before he even really gets to do much of anything. A far cry from when you first face him and are zipping around breaking things off one by one. Then there's the on foot option which is even more intense, but frankly the horrible overdrive blur effect kills any interest for me in doing part breaks.

As far as mats go though, farming them is still far better than farming gear. Getting the weapon/armor you want with the exact attributes you want can be days of killing the same stuff over and over again.

Well if you're going for tickets, yeah, you're doing it wrong. Parts breakage = parts recovery at the end = tickets when converted. The optimal ticket farming is going in, breaking every part, and then abandoning the quest. You'll pick up the parts and get credit for every RP taken. If you're going for pure RP, then you'll probably best off with an ether based foot build with core crusher. Can also do it in a skell using a ultrafauna slayer build using the zenith cannon, but you'd be burning fuel for relatively little gain.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
There are at least 4 uncharted islands far on the edges of the world. Easiest to find is in the extreme northwest of the map in open ocean, has a level 80 tyrant and lvl.5 mechancial salvage. Currently doing the mechanical "Off The Record" mission so I can level my mechanical to 5.

I thought I had heard the worst of the soundtrack. Then I unlocked the skell flight module:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4r8ufspg0

"...Anyway, let's move on." The singer herself got tired of how vapid and shitty the lyrics were and spared us. Very kind of her.

I'm at the point where I've tuned the battle raps out and don't even notice it anymore, but this just grates my nerves the entire time I'm flying. Really can't see why Suwano was so highly sought for this kind of game; these are the kinds of pop tracks you get tired of within moments, and the player is liable to hear them for hours... possibly in one session. They'd be decent if the vocal tracks were muted... Someday an emulator mod may make it possible.

I actually like the purely instrumental music he composed a fair amount. But... Jesus. Is it just me? Is this thing on? Is there anyone there? Am I all alone? I need a bigger font.

I had taken a couple weeks off from this (still around the beginning of the game though) and... yeah, I think i fucking hate this soundtrack sometime, but mostly indifferent. It sucks (minus a few select pieces like the general overworld-daytime one) cause everything else about the game seems pretty stellar....

I hope i can get used to it though as I bought the game digitally :/

There are at least 4 uncharted islands far on the edges of the world. Easiest to find is in the extreme northwest of the map in open ocean, has a level 80 tyrant and lvl.5 mechancial salvage. Currently doing the mechanical "Off The Record" mission so I can level my mechanical to 5.

Pretty sure there are a lot more than that.

I've wasted a lot of time on the open ocean.

Branson

Alright. Level 50. Which skell should I get for chapter 12? Keep in mind I only have about 800,000 space bucks so my money situation isnt great. Also will a Light level 50 skell be enough to get through chapter 12?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Pretty sure there are a lot more than that.

I've wasted a lot of time on the open ocean.

Probably are, I was just being conservative. If I have time I'll chart them. I think the one southwest of Primordia, specifically in NLA waters and containing a lvl.5 piece of the White Whale is probably the closest and easy to see in good weather.

-Horizon-

Alright. Level 50. Which skell should I get for chapter 12? Keep in mind I only have about 800,000 space bucks so my money situation isnt great. Also will a Light level 50 skell be enough to get through chapter 12?
Buy whatever you can afford.
You won't be able to use the mech the entire time anyway.
Be ready to focus on your ground game.

My biggest disappointment with this game is that Neitieo doesn't seem to enjoy it.
I thought he was enjoying it?

The one with G-Buster, it will help you more than any other weapons. Attack with G-Buster = stagger, bind, then punish with party.

Create a fan/money machine, get 4 million moolah, and buy yourself a badass Skell.

Do it.

Branson

Create a fan/money machine, get 4 million moolah, and buy yourself a badass Skell.

Do it.

If I could pay money and give like $10 for a million credits or something I would buy like 5 right now. I know youre probably joking but this game is honestly pissing me off more than bloodborne ever did with the final boss or whatever here. Pretty crazy how I'm 5 levels above it and cant seem to defeat it. I dont have any money or enough probes to do any of these probe tricks or anything. If I need gear for the ground game I have to buy that which is like 100,000 a piece. Im now down to 400,000 because someone told me I need to make sure my ground game is good too.

Am I really expected to grind for another 20 hours for this end boss? Money is the one thing I need.

I guess I dont understand why anyone would find this fun. I see people online in other forums say they have like 4-9 million at all times and I just wonder if they have anything else they do but play this game. Its frustrating. I just want to beat this final chapter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If I could pay money and give like $10 for a million credits or something I would buy like 5 right now. I know youre probably joking but this game is honestly pissing me off more than bloodborne ever did with the final boss or whatever here. Pretty crazy how I'm 5 levels above it and cant seem to defeat it. I dont have any money or enough probes to do any of these probe tricks or anything. If I need gear for the ground game I have to buy that which is like 100,000 a piece. Im now down to 400,000 because someone told me I need to make sure my ground game is good too.

Am I really expected to grind for another 20 hours for this end boss? Money is the one thing I need.

What level are you? It's not that rough of a fight dude, just have beam weapons on your skells and a decent ground build. I rolled it at level 50, you should be fine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do I need a level 50 skell? Because I don't have enough money for one.

Don't think you do, people do it without one all the time. You just need to focus on anti-mech weapons on your skells. Beam swords everywhere, G2-Buster, BB-sword, if you've got a weapon (outside of your sidearms) that does anything but beam or gravity damage ditch it. Go farm some weapons and shit dude.

Have you been doing the normal missions? Usually people can afford at least 1 level 50 skell by that point.

Branson

Don't think you do, people do it without one all the time. You just need to focus on anti-mech weapons on your skells. Beam swords everywhere, G2-Buster, BB-sword, if you've got a weapon (outside of your sidearms) that does anything but beam or gravity damage ditch it. Go farm some weapons and shit dude.

Have you been doing the normal missions? Usually people can afford at least 1 level 50 skell by that point.

I got bored of them about 30 hours in and just grinded to 40 and mainlined the chapters as much as I could. I guess I played it wrong and am paying the price for it. I had over a million once. So that was cool.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I got bored of them about 30 hours in and just grinded to 40 and mainlined the chapters as much as I could. I guess I played it wrong and am paying the price for it. I had over a million once. So that was cool.

Yea, the normal (along with affinity) quests are the meat and potatoes of the story. All the interesting shit happens in there: the water purification plant, the cult, the stolen gold, the pizza wars, hell most of the arms manufacturers are unlocked through those. You basically bum rushed through the game and didn't build any of the infrastructure that helps make it easier.

What ground build are you using? You may just be able to fight the whole thing on the ground since skells aren't working for you.

Branson

Yea, the normal (along with affinity) quests are the meat and potatoes of the story. All the interesting shit happens in there: the water purification plant, the cult, the stolen gold, the pizza wars, hell most of the arms manufacturers are unlocked through those. You basically bum rushed through the game and didn't build any of the infrastructure that helps make it easier.

What ground build are you using? You may just be able to fight the whole thing on the ground since skells aren't working for you.

Rank 10 in duelist.

Top Bottom