• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

kunonabi

You can't see the icon at all? Just so I'm following you corerectly, you're looking for the orange Affinity Mission icon near Barista Court?

Hmm, I'm not familiar with any glitch. Just to be clear, you picked up the bracelet before talking to her in person for the first time?

I did. It finally worked like the 20th time I tried it.

Vic_Viper

It should be in the Missions section of the menu. You may need to change the filter to display all. As for the other requirement, you can check your survey completion percentage on the GamePad screen (on the screen that brings up the map of all 5 continents for Fast Travel selection).

For the flight module, you need to complete the affinity mission "A Girl's Wings" which unlocks after Chapter 9 IIRC. Making money is chiefly done by setting up Research probes, especially at sites with sightseeing spots (which you need to find first to unlock). This should be done in conjunction with the usual strategies of linking probes and using Duplicator/Booster probes to max effect. There should be tons of guides available online with suggested set-ups if you don't want to figure that stuff out on your own. Don't forget to go through your inventory and sell all your unneeded gear!

OK, I just found that I have completed it lol. Guess Im ready to take on Chapter 8. About to try now. Thanks for the help. Been awhile since Ive played and I guess I did Matchmaker before I stopped.

Is 6000 Mira the max that you can hold? I'm always seeing that I'm making 'money', but that I can't hold any more. Is there anything I can do to hold more than 6000 Mira?

Vic_Viper

Getting my ass handed to me in this Chapter 9 fight. Any recommendations for good places to level up? My Party is all level 34 but I just recently switched to a new class so I need to level up his skills alot.

Is there a way to get out of the mission and pick it up later?

Edit nvm, I just picked a different mission

Pokemaniac

Getting my ass handed to me in this Chapter 9 fight. Any recommendations for good places to level up? My Party is all level 34 but I just recently switched to a new class so I need to level up his skills alot.

Is there a way to get out of the mission and pick it up later?

You're (generally) free to wander off and do other things if you want, but you can't fully drop story and affinity missions once accepted. The only way out is to reload a save file from before you accepted the mission.

Storage probes increase how much miraium you can hold.

You'll need to line them up and add a few duplicator probes to get anywhere near the amounts you need to upgrade the arms manufacturers. I have way more mining probes than capacity to store miranium at the moment.

Thanks guys! I totally forgot about storage probes! I need to read some guides to best utilize those probes.

Recall

I'm struggling on getting 15,000 credits in a single hit for the Skell License. I'm overflowing with mining probes but research probes are seemingly non existent.

So in a single tick I bring in 24,535 Miranium and 11,225 credits.

Where can I get more research probes? I've opened sooooo many mechanical chests and still nothing in regards to more research probes :(

Ninferno

Besides finding more research probes, you should also look into wiser use of Booster and Duplicator probes, as well as chain bonus and tourist spots. There are a lot of people sharing their screenshots on this topic of income optimization.

Recall

Besides finding more research probes, you should also look into wiser use of Booster and Duplicator probes, as well as chain bonus and tourist spots. There are a lot of people sharing their screenshots on this topic of income optimization.

How can I retrieve probes I've already used?

If I've made a mistake in which probe is where ow do I in do that?

alvis.exe

How can I retrieve probes I've already used?

If I've made a mistake in which probe is where ow do I in do that?

Just replace them with the probe that you actually want. You can also replace them with a Basic Probe if you haven't decided what you want to do with that segment yet.

kunonabi

So I've done absolutely everything except finishing off the basic missions, crafting super weapons etc., getting all the play awards, and killing all the tyrants.

Does have anybody have a good setup for blowing through the tyrants? I've heard stuff about the Ares.90, some one-hit kill canon, and a blossom dance/infinite overdrive build.

I don't mind grinding a crazy amount I just want something I don't have to think too much about. I don't have access to the DLC characters yet so something without them would be preferred.

So I've done absolutely everything except finishing off the basic missions, crafting super weapons etc., getting all the play awards, and killing all the tyrants.

Does have anybody have a good setup for blowing through the tyrants? I've heard stuff about the Ares.90, some one-hit kill canon, and a blossom dance/infinite overdrive build.

I don't mind grinding a crazy amount I just want something I don't have to think too much about. I don't have access to the DLC characters yet so something without them would be preferred.
Yeah, documentation on this is really bad. Everyone likes to point to one YouTube video. TheAres 90 is what you'll need for grinding gear for the end game ground gear build. There is a simple guide on gameFAQ for that.
Ground build is Ghost Walker and potential, ether blossom is great, but the same damage can be reached with just about any weapon.

kunonabi

Yeah, documentation on this is really bad. Everyone likes to point to one YouTube video. TheAres 90 is what you'll need for grinding gear for the end game ground gear build. There is a simple guide on gameFAQ for that.
Ground build is Ghost Walker and potential, ether blossom is great, but the same damage can be reached with just about any weapon.

Thanks, this should help.

Wichu

I think the end-game tyrants are easier to kill in Skells. It's fairly simple to craft augments to make your Skell practically immune to the Tyrant's main attacks, and it's easier managing infinite overdrive with diskbombs than on foot. Plus you have to lure them to ground level in order to fight them on foot - if I have to get in a Skell at the start, might as well stay in it for the whole fight.

Lailah Queen is my favourite Skell both in terms of looks and capability, though the Inferno Skydon gets fun once you've beaten a couple of superbosses and gotten reflect augments. REFLECT ALL THE THINGS ALL THE TIME!

I only have the Cauldros superboss left to beat, and that's only because it's got thermal resistance so I can't just diskbomb it to death.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just started this game, got it on sale from Best Buy

how big a deal is picking a division? anything I need to super avoid?

Tripon

just started this game, got it on sale from Best Buy

how big a deal is picking a division? anything I need to super avoid?
Not a big deal, you can switch anytime you want at base. The big reason you want to be with the leading group is because of the salvage tickets you can get for free if you wreck your mech a bunch of times.

kanamechan

Finally finished the story of this game. Excellent game, I feel, although I didn't like some aspects of it (female alien clothing design made me laugh out loud multiple times, so awful xD).

That ending.

I take it that this is where we're left: Lao's alive, possibly in a human body, we never got closure on the Great One or who the Black Knight was, and do not truly know why the humans still have a mind.

Interesting setup, I feel. It sure hooked me for a sequel, as the ending brought up so many questions.

I also liked the foreshadowing. That Elma was an alien was something I suspected early on, just like Lao's betrayal. Those didn't come out of left field, and made sense, to me.

I really dig the game. My main complaint is grinding, particularly for prime materials for some quests - I am not sure how I should have found the
gather items for the mechanical lv5 quest
on my own, considering I took 30 minutes of cruising in the area where they drop until I got my first one. Is there a way to make prime items show up more, or is the gathering mechanic just a bit silly there?

My favorite part of the game was exploration
before flight
, especially getting to those places guarded by enemies multiple times my level. Felt really good managing to get to a lot of those, finding sneaky paths or climbing cliffs to do so :D Reminded me of older PC games, like Might&Magic VI, where I did similar climby stuff sometimes.

Great experience, all in all :)

Jezan

I hace to say one of the first Skell weapons I got as a drop was Phoenix, and I basically broke the game cause I leveled up super fast that coupled up with the claymore abd its extra damage to insects I was taking down monster 15 levels above me.

When I thought it was all I could exploit befire end game, I discovered the Drones(the beam one, not the ultimate weapon), those things are really broken,if you equip one in each shoulder abd all the other weapons hace a fast cooldown youcan trigger the cockpit view so fast while keeping up a fucking storm of Drones, watch tyrants go down as fast as your gas.

Also I think I already said this, but Mastermind is my favorite class, when I discovered what Brainjack and Servant Sacrifice could do, holy shit, no one can stand in my way. Only tyrants but the Drone combo takes care of them.

This mission is asking me to go to something or rather fort in southern Noctilim. I have tried to get up there (through a path in Primordia), but I cannot scale the cliffs.

Is this something I need a Skell for? I have just unlocked the Skell license mission but held off on doing it because I wanted to bump up my affinity with Murderess.

I hate her character so far by the way, same as Laos. As punishment, I have changed their fashion gear to swimsuits while everyone else is running around in well matched casual outfits. Elma and Cross could model for tge Gap. The ultra grizzled thing Lao goes for is totally undermined when he's wearing a snorkelling mask and as for Murderess... Yikes. Irina looks fierce in the dark suit though.

kunonabi

Well I took out all the tyrants except Telethia. It's irritating as well that they tied a normal mission to him but whatever. Now comes the long boring grind.

Is there any point to killing that crazy tyrant in Oblivia with the crazy health? I don't want to bother if there isn't a play award or holofigure tied to him.

Got my Skell license, then gleefully jumped around climbing mountains for an hour before deciding to tackle that mission. Turns out that the mission was in a cave and not at the top of the mountain like I thought, so I didn't even need a Skell.

But then I followed the mission through and it asked me to kill five enemy mechs, which I thought would be no problem at my level, but then a random LV 48 roaming monster got involved and I unlocked the "My Skell! NOOO!" achievement.

Better get some insurance on this baby.

kunonabi

Lost a bunch of tickets because I got kicked offline while I was accessing the blade console. These connection issues really should have been fixed.

almost there

WVW69jfWa54V3V0XKW

lol fml
WVW69jfWd7kScVACxl

kunonabi

Does that say nearly 5000 hours...?

Considering the insane levels of bullshit that the achievements get to I can't say that that number shocks me. I was intending to 100% every major Wii U game but I'm seriously thinking about giving up on that endeavor at this point.

Considering the insane levels of bullshit that the achievements get to I can't say that that number shocks me. I was intending to 100% every major Wii U game but I'm seriously thinking about giving up on that endeavor at this point.

eh do you have to do all achievements? why not just 100% the map areas and call it a win?

kunonabi

eh do you have to do all achievements? why not just 100% the map areas and call it a win?

That's pretty much what I've settled on. I may get the holofigures but having to kill all those tyrants again because I had treasure sensor armor on is a pain. The two online holofigures also sound like a real pain in the ass. It's just disappointing as I loved every bit of the games design only to run into this total nonsense at the very end. It isn't really going to change how I feel about the game but it's just not the satisfying conclusion to my time with it that I was expecting.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So if I've finished chapter 5 and haven't even touched two of the continents, is that normal? or should I be exploring my way up north?

TheMoon

So if I've finished chapter 5 and haven't even touched two of the continents, is that normal? or should I be exploring my way up north?

Yes that's normal. Do whatever you want, go wherever you want. If you can survive it. Or just hang back and do stuff in familiar areas.

I haven't touched Chapter 8 and I have most of each continent bar Cauldros explored and that only because my skell isn't up to scratch. I also have all of my arms manufacturers so far fully levelled up.

I have a playtime of around 60 hours. You're doing fine.

Wichu

Is there any point to killing that crazy tyrant in Oblivia with the crazy health? I don't want to bother if there isn't a play award or holofigure tied to him.

It drops some unique Skell augments, I think (
Reflect.THERM and Reflect.PHYS
IIRC). I have the latter on my Inferno build, along with the augments from the other superbosses.
I still died horribly to spike damage when I tried fighting Nardacyon :/

kunonabi

It drops some unique Skell augments, I think (
Reflect.THERM and Reflect.PHYS
IIRC). I have the latter on my Inferno build, along with the augments from the other superbosses.
I still died horribly to spike damage when I tried fighting Nardacyon :/

I ended up killing him since my Ares.90 seems able to kill everything I come across so far. Except for that one monster in the noctillum cave you have to swim to. Ugh, that's going to be such a goddamn chore if I decide to kill it.

alvis.exe

I ended up killing him since my Ares.90 seems able to kill everything I come across so far. Except for that one monster in the noctillum cave you have to swim to. Ugh, that's going to be such a goddamn chore if I decide to kill it.

The chimera tyrant? There's actually a video online showing a super easy and super reliable way to kill it with store bought equipment haha.

kunonabi

Well, I've got all the online holofigures and all the superboss boss ones aside from the chimera tyrant. Is it possible to get holofigures if you have just one character with treasure sensor gear on? If so, I'll get his next and probably go ahead and get all of them.

kunonabi

Finished all the basic missions or at least I think so anyway since I'm only getting cleared missions from the console now. I was going to purchase the DLC to start working on getting the holofigure from the cave superboss in Noctillum but Best Buy made some weird charge on my card so that will have to wait. I might spend the next few days grinding tickets and building the rest of the dolls instead.

So I have a unique LV 30 skell weapon with a 40s cooldown and something ridiculous like 28000 force behind it (all the weapons I can buy cap out at around 600 or so). It means that I'm one-shotting things that I would normally run away from, screaming in terror like a little girl. I did the "Prone, sweet Prone" mission about ten levels below what I was supposed to with it.

It was a drop from a tyrant or something, I'm sure, but I have no idea where I actually got it. It was in my inventory already when I got my first skell. Anyone experience something like this?

Pokemaniac

So I have a unique LV 30 skell weapon with a 40s cooldown and something ridiculous like 28000 force behind it (all the weapons I can buy cap out at around 600 or so). It means that I'm one-shotting things that I would normally run away from, screaming in terror like a little girl. I did the "Prone, sweet Prone" mission about ten levels below what I was supposed to with it.

It was a drop from a tyrant or something, I'm sure, but I have no idea where I actually got it. It was in my inventory already when I got my first skell. Anyone experience something like this?

Skells typically punch above their weight in terms of levels. Size is an important factor in how strong something is in this game.

Skells typically punch above their weight in terms of levels. Size is an important factor in how strong something is in this game.
I've noticed that. It's more that this one weapon is ridiculously overpowered (by two orders of magnitude) compared to everything else I own or can even buy. It almost seems like it's a level 50 weapon that was classified as level 30 by mistake. I didn't realise that you could even get weapons like this.

Top Bottom