• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Golnei

"The Repair Job" affinity quest may be why this game isn't getting more GOTY awards. What an awful design.

But I'm still playing cause it's too damn good otherwise.

Considering how early it is in the game, it could have benefited from including a few more tutorials - blatantly telling the player where they need to mine and that the parts they need can be bought may have helped people get through it with less frustration.

okay, simple question about Miranium
so far I only use it to increase AM level and create augments, is there any other use?

should I pursue more Miranium or Money/whatever they call it here?

Miranium is really important once you get a Skell because it's used to purchase Skell fuel. It's also important for post-game stuff. Early on, I'd prioritize research probes for money.

marrec

Banned
Considering how early it is in the game, it could have benefited from including a few more tutorials - blatantly telling the player where they need to mine and that the parts they need can be bought may have helped people get through it with less frustration.

Terrible design. I was able to figure out everything but only after wracking my brain for a few and even AFTER you've figured out the esoteric quest objectives you still have to wait a few hours for the mining materials to come in. What a shit show.

The level gate being too low is the least of that quests worries I think. I pray that there are no other quests like it going forward... because I fucking love this game.

Malus

Ah, I think someone posted an image of the
Sword of Legendaryness
here. Darn, would've been a neat surprise.

Is it normal for the full/partial body wear to be some of the best armor that you can get early in the game? It seems that it provides better defense than any combination of other armor pieces I have, but sacrifices some TP. I find my self sticking with this Distinguished Wear over most of the new armor pieces that drop. I feel like I'm missing something...

Also, should I help out yardley with w/e shenanigan's he's up to? The mats he's asking for are a bit rare.

Malus

Played through chapter 9, did a ton of sidequests, and things seemed to quiet down in NLA. Finish chapter 10...red question marks everywhere...

limes_guy.jpg

I thought I'd just do missions until I had enough money to get a lvl. 50 Skell and then finish up chapter 12. About 10-15 hours and dozens of missions later, I'm still doing normal missions and having a blast. I feel like I might clear most of the missions before proceeding with 12 and then finish up some of the affinity missions afterwards.

I dont want this game to end ;_;

Did you do the hat quest for one of the Nopons in Dorian Caravan? I think the ears are a fixed reward for that.

Oh yeah, you're right. Whoops.

rhandino

Banned
WVW69itUyvYeD-NgKX

Now this game features time traveling using a car?

This game.

PLTZJRh.gif
Wait, what!? He exists? I been hearing about Professor B from some NPCs for a while but I nver found him... let me seek him again!

EDIT: That armor set though, I think is the one my brother gave to Lin because he said it reminded him of Aqua armor from Birth by Sleep ×_×

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hold R and press L to see the names of the enemies listed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, then go to the enemy index to see what they look like. While you're out tracking them down, look for the ones with the S above them, as they are the specific targets for the squad tasks.

And the white dots in the index just means that you defeated them.

Okay, thanks for info!

I think you have to speak to Hope at the church at least once before it can show up on the quest board.

I got the quest without even talking to Hope!

The game is so hard to play on just the Gamepad screen because the text is pretty much unreadable. But it looks pretty damn good since the screen is so small.

I decided to wait on this game to let someone get it for my for Christmas. God, that was a long wait. Got it today, finally. Just got done downloading the high-speed loading DLC from the eshop and I get to dive into the game tonight and tomorrow.

Anything I should be doing or not doing right off the bat to not completely screw myself over? (Like in a SMT game, I'd tell a new player "don't forget to fuse demons, it's essential to playing the game")

Voliko

The game is so hard to play on just the Gamepad screen because the text is pretty much unreadable. But it looks pretty damn good since the screen is so small.
It can be a bit hard to make out at times but I think it's definitely playable. Played quite a bit in bed this weekend, super comfy.

It just boggles my mind seeing the small text on the gamepad up close and the sheer amount of space they could have used to make it bigger.

zroid

Banned
Wait, what!? He exists? I been hearing about Professor B from some NPCs for a while but I nver found him... let me seek him again!

EDIT: That armor set though, I think is the one my brother gave to Lin because he said it reminded him of Aqua armor from Birth by Sleep ×_×

remember to buy the most expensive car just because

Voliko

remember to buy the most expensive car just because
I bought the junk car, really makes me wonder how things would have turned out otherwise.

I like the frequent choices in this game. Sort of reminds me of Growlanser and Devil Survivor but more limited. It's like they took the heart to heart dialogue choices from the last game and worked them in everywhere. It's been a pleasant surprise.

I really like the OST in this so far. Some songs are kinda bleh, but a lot of the battle songs, like the one that plays in Nightglow Forest against tyrants, are really great.

Soulflarz

Banned
Help >__<

Can't find boot camp, the affinity mission.
Gwin is above 1 heart (the second is glowing), I'm a 60 so level isn't an issue....er

Any ideas? The icon isn't there at all :/

Renewed

Definian quests
I just read if you choose to spare Fortun's life, you actually get to unlock different quest line?

Yeah, I spared her so I got another quest that involved her. It's a different kind of quest if you destroy her but I didn't go back to change things. Both lead to completing the Definian stuff so there's resolution but I dunno how it is for the other route. For my route, it was kind of silly but I liked it.

The outfitters hangar? That's the one I searched >___>

No icon on my map either, not even one saying you can't do this quest yet.

Did you look inside the actual giant room?

Because I got nothing. It's been there for me for ages and I can't even accept it yet. :(

Edit: Did you do his first Affinity Quest?

Soulflarz

Banned
Did you look inside the actual giant room?

Because I got nothing. It's been there for me for ages and I can't even accept it yet. :(

YEP

wait

is there a prereq quest for it

Now that I think about it, ch 11 is nine lives + Boot Camp...

does Nine Lives unlock Boot Camp and the game just assumed you'd do them in order? -_-

edit: you had the same idea as me
*adds this to the list of bad game design next to the fact you even *have* to grind affinity at all*

Soulflarz

Banned
lol how have you still not done Nine Lives at Ch 11?

you need that one to get pets, man!

"How are you 60 at 35 hours"
"Why did you spend 3,000,000 on inferno level fif- where the hell did you even get 3m from in chapter 10??"
"Why did you miss ____"

The life of Soulflarz, missing stuff in XCX because he wanted to do the story first :V

Murder Most Foul

Well, that mission was tragic for everyone involved.
Was it possible to save that one dudes life? I thought the bomb thing was a joke but he was really strapped with bombs and he jumped in the water and blew up into a million pieces. I felt like such a dick for not helping him out.
Man it seems like a good half of these missions involve some sort of xenophobia.

It can be a bit hard to make out at times but I think it's definitely playable. Played quite a bit in bed this weekend, super comfy.

It just boggles my mind seeing the small text on the gamepad up close and the sheer amount of space they could have used to make it bigger.

Not only that but the choice of font is puzzling too. The worst font you could pick in such small sizes.

But yeah playing on the Gamepad is doable though I've come to realize how often I look at the map for navigation. Decided to spend time exploring Cauldros and I felt really lost and immersed since I could easily look at the map to find myself.

Murder Most Foul

Was it possible to save that one dudes life? I thought the bomb thing was a joke but he was really strapped with bombs and he jumped in the water and blew up into a million pieces. I felt like such a dick for not helping him out.
Man it seems like a good half of these missions involve some sort of xenophobia.

Not only that but the choice of font is puzzling too. The worst font you could pick in such small sizes.

But yeah playing on the Gamepad is doable though I've come to realize how often I look at the map for navigation. Decided to spend time exploring Cauldros and I felt really lost and immersed since I could easily look at the map to find myself.

iinm
it is possible, but you need to find some random info telling how to diffuse a bomb, then at that scene pick the other option
note that this is what someone posted here before... i myself picked the same option as you lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
iinm
it is possible, but you need to find some random info telling how to diffuse a bomb, then at that scene pick the other option
note that this is what someone posted here before... i myself picked the same option as you lol

I picked the disarm option, and he still croaked. Poision. :(

Murder Most Foul

If you want to know...

You could have saved Ackwar by diffusing that bomb. I saved before that choice so I saw both scenarios. By diffusing the bomb Gerome still dies, but his body is still there. Ackwar then finds poison in his body as well as pizza and was able to piece everything together. When you face Powell, Ackwar only plays dead and is yet to be buried. He interrupts Powell, before he could go into detail about the Ma-non killing his wife then fight starts.

Lumyst

Murder Most Foul

Just did a run through of that one and restarted. I prevented him from blowing up but he still dies. In the end, my outcome was that Ackwar lives and Powell and everybody else died :p
I'm going to try again and see if I can get a more satisfying outcome, but I once found out in another quest that the bad outcome can be the more entertaining outcome. I'm glad I got to see the bad outcome for
---Alien Nation---
in particular, didn't realize the normal quests could get that shocking despite what I heard about the normal quests before.

Gravidee

So, before starting chapter 5 I'm going through the Weaponized affinity mission and it's pretty nuts. Since I don't have a Skell to traverse yet, I just swam all the way from the northern tip of Primordia to Sylvalum.

Just did a run through of that one and restarted. I prevented him from blowing up but he still dies. In the end, my outcome was that Ackwar lives and Powell and everybody else died :p
I'm going to try again and see if I can get a more satisfying outcome, but I once found out in another quest that the bad outcome can be the more entertaining outcome. I'm glad I got to see the bad outcome for
---Alien Nation---
in particular, didn't realize the normal quests could get that shocking despite what I heard about the normal quests before.

I think the game sometimes tries to compensate the player if they choose the bad choice. For that one quest gives you a little more information and
makes Powell much more sympathetic.

Clawww

I forget if I saw another GAFer or a reviewer say it, but anyway...

The game is a PS2 RPG in spirit, a game that gave an honest effort at impressing you both with its graphics and with its depth. Like, it obviously looks much better and has quite a lot of modern quality-of-life enhancements, but at its heart it is a big, ambitious, not-perfect RPG that people will still remember 10 years from now. It has a lot of flaws but what it does right is simply unmatched.

there's a hand-craftedness to everything that just makes everything tick and feel right. the overall level of cohesion is just super impressive and engrossing. I'd pay good money for QOL improvements and stuff, but even some of the cumbersome aspects pay off in their own way.

So, before starting chapter 5 I'm going through the Weaponized affinity mission and it's pretty nuts. Since I don't have a Skell to traverse yet, I just swam all the way from the northern tip of Primordia to Sylvalum.

Maaaan, I saved all the Sylvalum quests until I got the flight module lol

Top Bottom