• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Did you actually register it to someone in the Blade headquarters terminal? :)

Yep, double checked and everything.

What? I don't understand your question. Like the first Skell you get? Should be a blue dot on the map, go to the barracks, Skell Hangar on the computer, and make sure is registered to your character.

No blue dot anywhere.

You can get in it anytime, go to Party and choose the return to skell option

This option is greyed out.

dafuq?

How long does your skell "stay in the shop" for after you get it?

What a tease. I drove it from the garage to BLADE headquarters, started a mission and now I haven't seen the thing since.
Did it get destroyed? If so, go to the terminal in the barracks. You'll get a message that your insurance replaced your skell. When you leave the barracks again it'll be out there waiting for you, unless you've burned through your 3 insurance tickets.

Dee Dee

To chain them they must be the same type and same grade, ie all G1 and not G1 and G2 mixed. Link 3 or more to see the chain take effect. This tells you all you need to know.

I did not know that, shit!

I got the mission with the goal to get 70 000 credits at once from probes, I set up all the probes I had without succes - will double check the ranks.

You guys need to stop dissing the level 20 Skell. :/ I will buy the GBuster thing for my level 30 though.

Did it get destroyed? If so, go to the terminal in the barracks. You'll get a message that your insurance replaced your skell. When you leave the barracks again it'll be out there waiting for you.

Nope. All I did was literally drive it from the garage to the barracks, get out an accept the next story mission (6 or 7, I think?) and never saw it again. It was no longer outside the barracks, "return to skell" was greyed, checked the computer in barracks to see it's still registered to me but that's it.

Like someone jacked my shit right out in front of BLADE headquarters. Damn you,
Murderess

No, but really, this is crazy...

random25

Nope. All I did was literally drive it from the garage to the barracks, get out an accept the next story mission (6 or 7, I think?) and never saw it again. It was no longer outside the barracks, "return to skell" was greyed, checked the computer in barracks to see it's still registered to me but that's it.

Have you tried fast travel? It should be near you when you get to the fast travel point.

So whats the point of no return in Chapter 12?

I got to the
Lifehold entrance and Elma asks if I'm ready cause theres no going back. Is that it? Feels kind of early since I kept hearing how long Ch. 12 is.

Like someone jacked my shit right out in front of BLADE headquarters. Damn you, Murderess!

No, but really, this is crazy...
Register it to someone else, leave the barracks, then go back in and reregister it.

Xenoboy

So I got the second part of Alex's quest where
you follow him to oblivia and try to convince him to reconsider his actions
While he
has done some pretty unforgivable things (especially to those poor nopon)
it did seem like he had second thoughts about it all.
Until
that mysterious voice popped up. I have to wonder if its those shapeshifter causing trouble again. Or that could've been a voice from his crazy group so it might not have anything to do with the shapeshifters
Curious to see where it goes from here.

I feel like we are experiencing the game similarly. I also got to these quests not long ago and I entered that stupid spoiler thread a few days ago.
The Alex quest line has my excited for what's going to happen next.

Have you tried fast travel? It should be near you when you get to the fast travel point.

Yeah, that'tthe first thing I did. FAst travel to the mission destination which was
Oblivia where you have to fight that group of Ganglion skells as a diversion for the rest of your team going to the white whale fragment

Couldn't return to the skell so I figured you just couldn't use it in that mission or whatever.

Prone are such gross looking Xenos. Those tentacles sticking out of their heads...ugh, oh God.

That Forbidden Love quest...
Well, you do you bro.

random25

Yeah, that'tthe first thing I did. FAst travel to the mission destination which was
Oblivia where you have to fight that group of Ganglion skells as a diversion for the rest of your team going to the white whale fragment

Couldn't return to the skell so I figured you just couldn't use it in that mission or whatever.

That's weird, really. Maybe it's not registered to you?

Protip: Focus on planting probes early. Saves you alot of time later down the line.

I restarted the game awhile a ago and planted probes on every continent as soon as they let me start planting probes. It makes a hell of a difference, money and resource wise. (You also learn how to run for your life and learn the quirks of all the enemies and animals.) Exploration also will help you get a ton of money too once you get certain probes.

That final boss fight isn't even that hard.
2 of my 4 skell squad including mine just launched drones before he starts draining my fuel, and in less than 10 seconds plus a true stream edge the fight was over.

Save money for the skells later on. Then if you're filthy rich because skells makes some of your missions and planting data probes easy, then go wild with your ground gear, especially the ones with Treasure Sensor built-in augments. The moment I was able to buy skells I was rich enough to buy 4 level 30 skells in one go at the shop before I can even use them (due to level 30 constraints). Same with the level 50 skells later on. You really can live with enemy dropped armors and weapons, just constantly level up your arts and skills to make significant buffs to your party.

Thanks. I've already read in a lot of posts in GAF that probes are a thing I should focus on from the start. Good thing is that planting probes requires exploration and that's the thing I enjoy the most :D
Regarding other good advice I've noticed that I have to upgrade mechanical level first.
Now I'll add to the list that spending money for now is not essential and that leveling up arts and skills is essential (this one was more obvious and I started by this).

Again thanks, now time to go planting and reach the Skells unlocking level / mission.

-Horizon-

I feel like we are experiencing the game similarly. I also got to these quests not long ago and I entered that stupid spoiler thread a few days ago.
The Alex quest line has my excited for what's going to happen next.

A part of me actually wants to see if they'll actually
redeem Alex or if he'll stay a psycho douche

Prone are such gross looking Xenos. Those tentacles sticking out of their heads...ugh, oh God.

That Forbidden Love quest...
Well, you do you bro.

I believe in the power of vanilla
alien interspecies
love.
Go for it Leroy. Just be careful where you stick it in.

Jims

Took the advice on some of the Oblivia maps posted here and got my credits up over 130k per tick. The probes are something that I kept wanting to be lazy about but they really should be setup as quickly as you can since they keep rolling over time. Finding that second sightseeing spot for that middle node in Oblivia drove me crazy for awhile. Stupid trees.

Level 45 with about 3 million in the bank for the upcoming Skells. I feel like I'm saving for retirement.

Rurunaki

Took the advice on some of the Oblivia maps posted here and got my credits up over 130k per tick. The probes are something that I kept wanting to be lazy about but they really should be setup as quickly as you can since they keep rolling over time. Finding that second sightseeing spot for that middle node in Oblivia drove me crazy for awhile. Stupid trees.

Level 45 with about 3 million in the bank for the upcoming Skells. I feel like I'm saving for retirement.

Any chance I can see a screenshot of your probe placement for Oblivia? I'm horrible at this thing and the income is so low if's getting frustrating.

I have a question for you all re: classes. I'm 29 hours in and I just reached rank 10 in Duelist. I then switched to Commando to try something new and I promptly switched back since I would be leveling the majority of my arts from scratch again. Not sure I want to take that on right now since I'm about to face off against some strong enemies in an affinity quest.

So, my questions is, is it just better to remain in a specific branch so that you can completely earn and level all the arts in it or is it cool to hop around? I'm leaning toward the former but wanted to get some insight from you all since most of you are much further in than I am.

Thoughts?

Finally decided to take chapter 12 yesterday and finish the main story. Had done every possible affinity and normal quest before it.

Was really easy with 3 lvl 50 skells and one lvl 60 skell (the one you get after Alexa's last affinity quest).

I think it's sort of a shame the game left so many things so open. It really does seem like the game was more of setting up the grounds for more. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I would've liked something a bit more. Still though, reading the spoiler thread and various theories and ideas is interesting.

Anyway, got my A90 also almost immediately after finishing it, and indeed, it was a lot more powerful than I thought it would be. I had already got a lvl 50 superweapon before so I could kill most of the high level monsters pretty easily with it, but A90's weaponry is a lot better still.

I think it's a sort of a shame though how it just one shots pretty much everything and there's mostly no middle ground at all. The combat in the game has been very enjoyable, and I like blowing things up still, but it'd be nice if there was more of some proper combat with challenge to be had still.
Anyway, will still play for a while and do the rest of the quests for 100% survey rate.

By the way, lol at the (possible minor spoiler about post chapter quest related to nopons:)
Nopon fairy things
or whatever they were.

Any chance I can see a screenshot of your probe placement for Oblivia? I'm horrible at this thing and the income is so low if's getting frustrating.
From the OP: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451

Jims

I borrowed hiryu64's setup he posted a couple days ago. There is probably a more efficient way to do it but I just wanted a quick setup for cashflow as I look for more research probes. You only need one duplicator and two boosters to set it up.

BlnARge.jpg

I'm sure you could do things differently if you wanted to shift the balance to Miranium as opposed to cash. I'll definitely tinker with my layout again if I get more Booster Probes (I only have two G1s and a G2 at the moment, and I hear there are more).

I only had three Level 4 research probes that I used instead of the 5s for the chain and one of the boosters for mine was Level 1 instead of 2. Using all of my lower-ranked probes in that pattern, I was able to get over 100k and then got another 30-40k elsewhere. You have to find the sightseeing spots to get the full cash flow, so the flight module Skells are a requirement for it.

I think the main key is to get the three chain connected up with a duplicator and booster(s). You can do something similar in Noctilum, I think, but Oblivia is a little easier once you have the Skell. Noctilum is a pretty good place to start getting credits in the early game, as there are a few sightseeing spots in chains you can find on foot.

random25

I have a question for you all re: classes. I'm 29 hours in and I just reached rank 10 in Duelist. I then switched to Commando to try something new and I promptly switched back since I would be leveling the majority of my arts from scratch again. Not sure I want to take that on right now since I'm about to face off against some strong enemies in an affinity quest.

So, my questions is, is it just better to remain in a specific branch so that you can completely earn and level all the arts in it or is it cool to hop around? I'm leaning toward the former but wanted to get some insight from you all since most of you are much further in than I am.

Thoughts?

If you are already a level 10 duelist, you are now able to use longswords and assault rifles in other classes, and this will make it easier for you to level up those classes while remaining a "duelist" since you are using the weapons and arts associated with the duelist class while learning other classes.

If you are already a level 10 duelist, you are now able to use longswords and assault rifles in other classes, and this will make it easier for you to level up those classes while remaining a "duelist" since you are using the weapons and arts associated with the duelist class while learning other classes.
Crap. Ok. I thought I couldn't use my leveled arts anymore in the new class. I didn't press left or right to see that I can use arts from classes I had already been. In this case, I'll go on and become a Commando by really being a Duelist!

Thanks!

Rurunaki

I borrowed hiryu64's setup he posted a couple days ago. There is probably a more efficient way to do it but I just wanted a quick setup for cashflow as I look for more research probes. You only need one duplicator and two boosters to set it up.

I only had three Level 4 research probes that I used instead of the 5s for the chain and one of the boosters for mine was Level 1 instead of 2. Using all of my lower-ranked probes in that pattern, I was able to get over 100k and then got another 30-40k elsewhere. You have to find the sightseeing spots to get the full cash flow, so the flight module Skells are a requirement for it.

I think the main key is to get the three chain connected up with a duplicator and booster(s). You can do something similar in Noctilum, I think, but Oblivia is a little easier once you have the Skell. Noctilum is a pretty good place to start getting credits in the early game, as there are a few sightseeing spots in chains you can find on foot.

Thanks. I feel stupid, but do you need the flight module to find the mining sites for the North side of Oblivia? I can't seem to find the entrance to get there.

So after like 3-4 hours of trying to raise affinity with bounty missions Frye only got to one fucking heart. I am giving up, I really wanted to see Phog second affinity mission before chapter 12 but meh (it doesnt help that I kind of run out of normal missions lol)

And wtf I just discovered
Lara Mara and Lara Nara
are two different people lmao

I love
his/their
dialogues. That interaction with King H.B. <3
WVW69iuMtOQ12Bx0X0

random25

Yes. At level 24 I was more powerful than that Skell.

The damage output of the level 20 skell is pretty good when compared to the normal build of level 20-30 ground (normal as in no ridiculous augments). The only problem with the level 20 skell is its paper-thin durability.

Xbudz

Ok, I just got this game digitally. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.
If anyone wants to help when I level up a little bit, my NNID is "Xbudz-LIVE"

Wish me luck XenoGAF.

VinFTW

So, finally started the game!

Anybody know why it's not filling up my tv screen fully? Bothering the hell out of me. Also the text is incredibly small.

Don't see an option anywhere to fix it.

Golnei

And wtf I just discovered
Lara Mara and Lara Nara
are two different people lmao

Is there any reason why it's so common for Japanese gay stereotypes to come in pairs of exact clones? Victor and Vincent in Fire Emblem Awakening and Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver in God Hand come to mind first, but I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Thoughts?

What I did was max one class like you, but whenever I decided to go 'skellin' to farm/explore, I would swap my class out, as your class really doesn't do anything for your skell. Whenever you are out of fuel/miranium, and want to go do affinity quests etc, go back to your normal class.

It took awhile, and a bunch of farming, but I eventually got all classes max'd, which gives you access to your choice combo of skills and weapons.

Dimmle

Chapter 8 spoilers:

Dude, you're getting a Vita!

Sure, Sony has pretty much dropped support at this point but to call it an ancient artifact is harsh.

Regiruler

I hated that quest. I waited until I had a couple level 50 skells with good Phoenixes and G-Busters and then brute-forced it.

Nah. I'm not that patient.

The detection pants actually did help, but they needed a visual detection augment on top of it so the turret near the entrance to the node didn't trigger as you went after the ground level mob, so I only ended up triggering one turret (manageable if it goes after anyone but you first) and was able to get the key.
29 hours in and finally unlocked skell flight. Feels a bit mitigated by having all the fast travel points set up now though...

Jesus, you're fucking rushing it. Many people didn't even have skells by 30 hours. You're going to run out of story quickly at that rate.

For comparison, I'm at 87 hours and haven't gotten flight yet. Felt no need to.

Kinda sad how much more mining probes I have compared to research probes. Maybe have about 10 research probes, yet like 50 mining probes and I really don't need that much miranium and am desperate for money.

Astral Dog

Well after playing i feel like writting a review :p

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite (j)rpgs, if not really my favorite, despite some pacing issues but t i havent played a lot of those
top three would be something like XC>>FFVI >TWEWY.
So expectations were high for this sequel, wich surprisingly adds alot of things, and changes many others.

First, the presentation,MonolithSoft surpassed themselves here, easily the most impressive Wii U game to date, i was a bit worried about the more muted colors from early videos but that is not any problem, filled with gorgeous locations, Strange enemies,mostly quality textures, alot of details and an art direction that really brings this alien world to life, all at a surprisingly smooth 30fps for an open world game. not all is perfect, some character models suffer alot and animations in cutscenes can leave alot to be desired, but its definetly an A effort for the genre on consoles.

The combat system is an evolution of Xenoblade Chronicles , its really well designed and besides exploring the world its what keeps me coming back every day, new Arts, Skills, weapon and armor options, etc. the game introduces a new mechanic at halfway that gives you much more power but at first only limits your combat options, and despite some awesome designs there really was not alot of variety in Skells, these things work more for exploring the world, flying or in a vehicle.
Enemies are designed to be fought on Skells, wich is something to be aware of.

The pacing/structure of the game is really something very different from Xenoblade Chronicles, this game has a Hub world where you take missions, its mostly about battling monsters, collecting things and installing probes, because of this i felt the interaction with the world feels limited and, "artificial" in a way. monsters become too high leveled early wich can bring alot of annoying/tedious cases where something spots you and you have to run before it kills you, wich is rather difficult on foot.

There are alot of systems in this game implemented in a way that is not friendly at all, unlike the first game, HUD Text is tiny as hell, systems are not explained properly , the game seems to think you already played the first title so it does not explain the core combat at all, for example, wich is rather odd.

The Soundtrack, now first i have to say XC has what is one of my favorite game soundtracks , coming from alot of well known and respected composers, it was really something else wich helped bring "life" to the world of Bionis and Mechonis,
Maybe that game had a typical or classic style for an RPG while this game tries something different, i think it does not really compare to the first game overall, and some of the songs are annoying, it has recieved mixed impressions too.
But in the end it has alot of quality tracks too, and the more bombastic, film type soundtracks fitts this game world.

The story/characters: going with the pacing, this is a drastic change, while before i was somewhat mixed feelings, this a definitive step down, now, i get they were trying something different, and the limited budget means they could not fit a Xenoblade type plot on this, but man, this is a wasted oportunity, well first i have to say that the main characters are flat as hell, the whole game is supposed to be about BLADE and humanity survival, a very interesting concept, but it mostly focuses on Elma, Lin, and Tatsu, with Vanham,Gwin and Lao as sometimes important guests.

The problem is not that it only drops the slick presentation that the first game had, except for a few scenes, but also kinda tries to make up with these missions, i barely began to care about these humans, Lin is all about eating Tatsu and being a genius, Tatsu is Tatsu and Elma is a bland protagonist despite a few decent moments,the Avatar is really just an Avatar, they make the first game party look like fresh, compelling characters wich is not what i was expecting :/ other characters barely have their time to shine on affinity missions,
In the end i cared more about the freaking Avatar despite being against the idea of one in the first place, at least he does not speak alot and has some funny interesting dialogue choices,
Also, the villains, i guess, were more compelling than the humans at least.

the plot also is unfinished, but at least it ended on a high note.

Well, in the end i have to say despite annoying design choices and many changes the game is very well worth playing mostly for its fun combat and well designed world.not even close to what i was expecting from a "sequel" but i suppose the first game never really needed a sequel to flesh it out, unlike this one. 8/10

so i'm doing the Elma affinity quest after you beat the game...wtf someone halp how do i kill these two level 80s ??? D:::
Get as many Level 50 Skells as you can and craft and deck them out with as many Theroid Slayer XX augments (or the best ones you're able to make) at the AM terminal in Armory Alley.

Other than that, a bit of luck. Speaking of the that fight though, What's really annoying about it is that at least for me, it seemed to be kinda glitched? I managed to kill the first Sphinx and moved onto the second one, but once I did, the first one respawned for some reason, which made the fight particularly annoying. That's not supposed to happen, is it? Had the same problem with the Normal Mission Dueling Giants, where you have to take out two giant enemies in eastern Sylvalum mountains--managed to kill the first one and started focusing on the second, but as soon as I did, the first guy came back, which made that fight really annoying as well. Seems to be a problem linked to giant enemies in Normal/Affinity missions, where the flag to keep them dead doesn't seem to work to well for whatever reason. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Regiruler

Where the fuck is the lin heart to heart in the outfitter hanger. I don't see shit on the roof, in the hanger, or below on the water with either the MC or Lin as the primary character.

Beat the game. Loved it though the game really did feel like a prologue for the next game. Lots of unanswered questions and that sequel tease in the end. Down for more.

Where the fuck is the lin heart to heart in the outfitter hanger. I don't see shit on the roof, in the hanger, or below on the water with either the MC or Lin as the primary character.

Its at night I believe but not late night since she goes to bed early. The window is rather limited.

I believe she's along the western-central wall of the inside of the hanger for that one and you have to get pretty close for her to spawn for that one. Make sure the time is right and that you've done all of her previous heart to hearts.

Also, Lin can't be in your party at all. Heart to hearts only happen if that character isn't in your party since they're about running into that character as part of their normal daily life.

Is it worth tracking down the spirit wand for this Professor B quest? I've been trying for the past half hour and haven't found shit. The area its in has way to many enemies that aggro and patrol and its frustrating the hell out of me.

El Odio

Banned
Flying up to the Divine Roost during a early morning thunderstorm is something else. I think it's the one place I'll never fast travel to.

I honestly love how alive NLA feels with all the different people and xenos walking around and doing stuff.

I believe in the power of vanilla
alien interspecies
love.
Go for it Leroy. Just be careful where you stick it in.

Still not as creepy as
human x nopon relationships
though.

and the female sounded like less testosterone male, wtf

Yeah, I thought it was just one character at first that sounded like that but
all the Prone females sound very masculine.

Alrus

Is it worth tracking down the spirit wand for this Professor B quest? I've been trying for the past half hour and haven't found shit. The area its in has way to many enemies that aggro and patrol and its frustrating the hell out of me.

Well it opens up a new arms manufacturer. But yeah getting one while low lvl was kinda frustrating indeed.

Top Bottom