• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Regarding Celica (end game spoilers?):

I thought her and Rock would be more central to the storyline. She was advertised in trailers and promotional artwork so I was surprised her story is on the side. I have one more affinity mission of hers to play so I guess I'll learn more about them.

I really thought she and Rock were Ryzz and the big dude. Rock mentions being forced to fight so I assumed they were being controlled somehow. Yet theyre separate characters. I wish we got to see more of Ryzz after the Zu Pharg went down. Maybe theyre a similar pair but havent gotten their freedom yet? Do we also know why they hate humans? Is it the same reason as Luxaar? Assumed they were different species.

Is there any reason why it's so common for Japanese gay stereotypes to come in pairs of exact clones? Victor and Vincent in Fire Emblem Awakening and Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver in God Hand come to mind first, but I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Maybe is part of the joke character? I dunno, but thats a good observation I havent realized before. Happens in anime too.

Honestly, Idont know if I should be offended or not by the stereotyping. I just find the Laras to be endearing.

I had a really funny glitch yesterday.

WVW69iuvigwGaxvb_x

I killed the boss so fast that it didnt give the "killing" animation a chance, lol.

This is the Wrothian way. Dying like a true warrior.

Maybe is part of the joke character? I dunno, but thats a good observation I havent realized before. Happens in anime too.

Honestly, Idont know if I should be offended or not by the stereotyping. I just find the Laras to be endearing.

WVW69iuvigwGaxvb_x

I killed the boss so fast that it didnt give the "killing" animation a chance, lol.

I had that glitch too.
I just thought she got petrified by an ability and then died like that. Kind of hilarious. Did you try to call out to her? I chose the option to just fight the skell instead.

How the hell do you
destroy the torrents for the man-non in Oblivia?
There's like a friken ganglion every other 10 steps....
By doing your best to avoid the Pugiliths (the giant robot walkers) entirely by jumping along the rock/cliff-faces as much as possible. You're not expected to actually fight them at that point of the game, but to do your best using stealth to get to the turrets and take them out.

Renewed

WVW69iuvigwGaxvb_x

Yes,
she died where she stood. You try calling out to her when you arrive to see her enemy but she was already dead on the spot. If you find the bracelet before hand and show it to her before she leaves, she'll survive.

I had that glitch too.
I just thought she got petrified by an ability and then died like that. Kind of hilarious. Did you try to call out to her? I chose the option to just fight the skell instead.

I dont totally remember my choices, honestly. But I think I did.

Yes,
she died where she stood. You try calling out to her when you arrive to see her enemy but she was already dead on the spot. If you find the bracelet before hand and show it to her before she leaves, she'll survive.

So it isnt a glitch then? And omg dont tell me that. This the second character that I get killed because of my poor choices :(

I feel like we are experiencing the game similarly. I also got to these quests not long ago and I entered that stupid spoiler thread a few days ago.
The Alex quest line has my excited for what's going to happen next.

Do the preacher girl quest! You are gonna love it too.

Wait, you mean you could
save her
? FUCK.

I felt like shit because
I ended up killing 4 Wrothians due to poor decisions. The 3 Talons one hurt the most because I chose poorly and the sister was just hysterical and in despair. And then she dies.
Fuck that sucks.
I wish I could have saved all of them.

I dont totally remember my choices, honestly. But I think I did.

So it isnt a glitch then? And omg dont tell me that. This the second character that I get killed because of my poor choices :(

Do the preacher girl quest! You are gonna love it too.
Pretty sure it wasn't glitch. I chose not to follow her and she died, got the dialogue saying she died standing like a true warrior.

Blues1990

I thought her and Rock would be more central to the storyline. She was advertised in trailers and promotional artwork so I was surprised her story is on the side. I have one more affinity mission of hers to play so I guess I'll learn more about them.

I really thought she and Rock were Ryzz and the big dude. Rock mentions being forced to fight so I assumed they were being controlled somehow. Yet theyre separate characters. I wish we got to see more of Ryzz after the Zu Pharg went down. Maybe theyre a similar pair but havent gotten their freedom yet? Do we also know why they hate humans? Is it the same reason as Luxaar? Assumed they were different species.

I won't spoil anything for you, especially since you are so close to the finish line. But the game does explain why Luxaar and his merry band of tentical alien babes, feline samurai, and muscle bound alien militia have such a grudge against humanity.

And, yeah. I thought Rock and Celica were going to have a greater importance to XCX's overall plot, and like yourself, I thought they were Dagahn & Ryzz after being captured, disfigured, & tormented to the point of being unrecognizable.

I really like having Lao in my party. Who do you guys like having in your party?

Perhaps I'm boring, but Elma, Lin, and L are my favourites to have. I'm still going through everyone's Affinity Missions, so that will change.

I feel this game was just all set-up for a majority of the characters. Similar to Sothe from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance -- who later on became a main in Radiant Dawn. I think basically these characters will have more prominent roles in a future game. Most especially L and Celica. Celica seemed like she was shoe-horned into this game, even though design wise she stood out so much more.

I was not expecting a quest-giver on top of BLADE tower. It pays to explore I guess!

That one was really cute and sad. It also delivered a great screenshot.

WVW69ivDrWwTAWvBHS

This game, its photography <3.

Pretty sure it wasn't glitch. I chose not to follow her and she died, got the dialogue saying she died standing like a true warrior.

Oh, really? I find it amusing though, dying like that. So over the top.

wheapon

Is the level 20 skell really that bad when you're not even level 30 yet? lol

It kinda depends on what you put on it--I had an intergalactic level gun on it and I was able to one-shot most level 20-25 mobs and did OK with 25-30 ones.

That said I switched out of the jedi final class and was using Psycorruptor at the time so it's possible I just preferred it since my class wasn't leveled.

StAidan

After 53 hours on foot, I finally finished chapter 6 and got my skell license. I'm level 38, so I immediately bought three level 30 skells and left the free one for my fourth party member.

I'm both shocked at how easy the "old" battles are now, and confused about how to approach some of the higher level aspects of skell combat. For example, the arts cool down so slowly. I accidently ran into a level 49 mech (that I think was a ganglion skell?) and decided to engage, because why not try out my new powers? We had the thing to 25% health within probably 10 seconds, but then all I had left was auto-attack and it took forever to whittle down the rest of its life bar. As a result, Lin lost her skell shortly before the battle was over.

Jesus, you're fucking rushing it. Many people didn't even have skells by 30 hours. You're going to run out of story quickly at that rate.

For comparison, I'm at 87 hours and haven't gotten flight yet. Felt no need to.

I wasn't trying to rush it, just the way things turned out I guess. Figured that, whenever the story icon popped up on the gamepad that I was "good to go" to progress. I'd rather be close to the mission level than outstip it from doing those random mission boards.

87 hours? What are you doing that is taking that long? I've been doing some support and NPC missions but I must be missing something if folk are going through the game at that rate. Maybe it was the 100% focus on probes (didn't realise doing other missions on the map was adding to the survey total until pretty recently) that pushed me ahead?

I won't spoil anything for you, especially since you are so close to the finish line. But the game does explain why Luxaar and his merry band of tentical alien babes, feline samurai, and muscle bound alien militia have such a grudge against humanity.

And, yeah. I thought Rock and Celica were going to have a greater importance to XCX's overall plot, and like yourself, I thought they were Dagahn & Ryzz after being captured, disfigured, & tormented to the point of being unrecognizable.

I finished chapter 12.
I assumed the Ganglion were like the Covenant from Halo, like a bunch of different species together and not just one species. So humanity could also wipe out the other races as well if they rebelled against the Samaarians?

I feel this game was just all set-up for a majority of the characters. Similar to Sothe from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance -- who later on became a main in Radiant Dawn. I think basically these characters will have more prominent roles in a future game. Most especially L and Celica. Celica seemed like she was shoe-horned into this game, even though design wise she stood out so much more.

Yeah it definitely feels like it as well. So many unanswered questions left at the end. This feels like the prologue or chapter 1 of a much larger story. I do hope we see some of these characters back, they were cool

Maybe they had more ideas for Celica but they cut them during production.

That one was really cute and sad. It also delivered a great screenshot.

WVW69ivDrWwTAWvBHS

What I loved about that mission was that while she was talking about how much she hated her cute fluffy ears, the camera just kept focusing on the ears only and cropped the rest of her body out of some scenes. It was pretty funny.

Devinian Downfall final boss:
Holy shit this thing sucks. A moment after I get it below half health it always just one shots me with something. Even if I do survive for a bit longer, it always knocks me down and drains all of my TP away which screws me from doing Overdrive. Anyone have any tips?

hohoXD123

What are these G-Busters I keep seeing people hyping, and where can I get one for my level 30 Skell?

A big sword which does a lot of damage. The southernmost FN site in Sylvalum has an enemy base, killing the ones there should get you G-Busters/G2-Busters/Phoenix which makes everything a lot easier.

Support Missions with weak characters are pretty fun! Especially if you play as one of them and let the IA control your avatar.

Kinda reminds me of arena challenges in MH games.

Fandangox

Devinian Downfall final boss:
Holy shit this thing sucks. A moment after I get it below half health it always just one shots me with something. Even if I do survive for a bit longer, it always knocks me down and drains all of my TP away which screws me from doing Overdrive. Anyone have any tips?

If you are having trouble, try Scouting my character, an Interceptor called Rock, with military jacket. I geared him up for that bossfight, if you are able to control him directly (not sure if you can directly control a scouted character) just use melee AUTO attacks to easily get a lot of TP and enter overdrive, of which I have an infinite build for.

A big sword which does a lot of damage. The southernmost FN site in Sylvalum has an enemy base, killing the ones there should get you G-Busters/G2-Busters/Phoenix which makes everything a lot easier.

Oh! One of the purple swords? I have an SRM-M130SA Buster on my Skell and it does stupid damage. I assume that's a "G-Buster". Crazy weapon.

What I did was max one class like you, but whenever I decided to go 'skellin' to farm/explore, I would swap my class out, as your class really doesn't do anything for your skell. Whenever you are out of fuel/miranium, and want to go do affinity quests etc, go back to your normal class.

It took awhile, and a bunch of farming, but I eventually got all classes max'd, which gives you access to your choice combo of skills and weapons.
Ok. Great advice. Thanks for this.

If you are having trouble, try Scouting my character, an Interceptor called Rock, with military jacket. I geared him up for that bossfight, if you are able to control him directly (not sure if you can directly control a scouted character) just use melee AUTO attacks to easily get a lot of TP and enter overdrive, of which I have an infinite build for.

I'll check it out, thanks

Jims

Exploring Cauldros on foot was a really good idea. With all the flying enemies patrolling everywhere, it seems like a place designed for flying to a specific spot and then getting out to explore on foot. Lots of ramps and over-under places you can go. Sylvalum feels kind of similar... A lot of blocky and flat areas but if you can find a place of interest, there is a lot of stuff to find on foot. Found a gigantic cave recently that was fun to explore. I think the novelty of Skell flight is really wearing off, at this point.

Also, finally got
Phog
in my party. He's such a beta personality that he's kind of fun to keep around in party. He activates the purple Soul Voices a lot more than Elma and Lin, however.

Thanks. I feel stupid, but do you need the flight module to find the mining sites for the North side of Oblivia? I can't seem to find the entrance to get there.

I think you have to fly to the northern one (with the V on it in the picture) as well as the far northeastern one. I believe there's another one on the far south that is on an island by itself.

cbq

I was afraid of this. Looks like I'm gonna take a break and give it a go later this evening.
I was searching for it today too. Got my skell wrecked in Shivering Sands so many times I ran out of money to fix it :p Take your skell and hover on water to the west of Sylvalum until you reach Sylvalum Waters. There should be two small islands with very powerful enemies, so don't get to close. Going back and forth between them, you will find many items on water and eventually the Spirit Wand.
I think I lost something like 2 hours exploring the whole Sylvalum and seaching for it.

Haunted

Celica literally has the face of a baby. It's pretty gross to see that thing attached to a body with realistic proportions.

Creepy-Mets-baby.gif

I finished chapter 12.
I assumed the Ganglion were like the Covenant from Halo, like a bunch of different species together and not just one species. So humanity could also wipe out the other races as well if they rebelled against the Samaarians?
(continuing with post game spoilers:)
I think that the Ganglion were originally that one race, probably something like what Luxaar looks like, but with time they came to be more like a covenant of different species as they conquered those others. But still the original Ganglion were there and they're still the masters ultimately in control, and humanity could only wipe them out.

It's kind of left open though, but the conquering part is definitely true at least (like we know they conquered the Prone for example).

Could be of course that they were originally multiple species too, but then they just conquered more species to have under their control, in which case humanity could wipe out all the original species.

Nah, don't think the game lets you take control of scouted characters. What you should be able to do however is keep an eye on the TP and once it fills up, open up the Battle menu with +, tab over the Scouted character with ZR and then pick the "Use Overdrive" option there. Not sure if the CPU will be smart enough to trigger the infinite from there, but worth a shot.

Can you actually purchase level 60 skells, or do they max out at 50?
You can't purchase Level 60 Skells, no. However, post-game there are a number of Level 60 Skells you can craft from monster materials + Miranium from the AM terminal in Armory Alley.

Fandangox

Can you actually purchase level 60 skells, or do they max out at 50?

After you beat the final story chapter you will be able to craft level 60 skells. Before that you can also complete Alexa's affinity missions and get the blueprints for a level 60 Skell.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
LOL the Alien Nation sidequest
The one where Alex takes those aliens to the cliff side and stars shooting them in the face. Everytime I chose to watch him and not stop him and Lin and Elma responded with positive Affinity and Murderess did not! LOL wat. That makes no sense to me.

LOL the Alien Nation sidequest
The one where Alex takes those aliens to the cliff side and stars shooting them in the face. Everytime I chose to watch him and not stop him and Lin and Elma responded with positive Affinity and Murderess did not! LOL wat. That makes no sense to me.

Well though Murderess is kind of an asshole, she never kills anyone :p

Neifirst

You can't purchase Level 60 Skells, no. However, post-game there are a number of Level 60 Skells you can craft from monster materials + Miranium from the AM terminal in Armory Alley.

Thanks. I'm finished with the first 10 story chapters and have knocked out pretty much every basic mission with the exception of bounties for tyrants level 65+ whom I can hardly get more than 50% of their health depleted before getting smoked. I should probably just wrap up a few normal missions and available affinity quests and proceed to the end at this point.

After seeing Celica's face, I don't get why people complained about Lin's.

This game sure has a lot of content. Almost worried it has too much. Like there's way too many party members (though mostly it is because we have the DLC added in).

Renewed

Is it crazy to think to try for all achievements?

Yes and no. I have 105 or so achievements left and about 100 of those are killing enemies enough times (kill Mortifoles this many times for these 3 achievements, kill Forfexes this many times for these 3 achievements, etc.).

Basically, 100% survey rate put me at this point so at that point all that's left is online related things like treasure deals, playing with people in missions, or completing squad tasks. There's no achievement I've really gone out of my way to get because I just do anything that crosses my mind as I play, like doing online related things for example.

Although there's an achievement for doing 300 basic missions lol

Jisgsaw

(Post-game spoilers)
I'm trying to figure the story out, and I'm wondering if the crator themselves had it fidured out...
So where I'm at, NLA (probably along at least another ship) was warped to Mira, just as those other races. The second ship was also warp to another place on Mira, and has the equivalent to Elma (maybe the second person of her Skell?). I presume Mira is an artificial planet (maybe one created by Shulk?) and someone is having fun watching the races mingle together.

Humans are the descendant of the Samaarian.
The Samaarian created the Ganglion. And probably the Zaruboggans(or that were the humans, in which case the warp was also in the future/a place in limbo (which would explain Proffessor's B troubles)).
The form seen aproaching Lao is probably of Elma's race. I'm unsure if it's supposed to be Elma's copilot?
In parallel, humans are toying with mims and AI, as seen in Yelv's affinity mission. This makes me wonder what the player is exactly? Maybe a form of deus ex machina to avoid the destruction of the human race?

What I'm still completely unclear about:
- What the hell happened to the civilization on Cauldros? You can't build all that and explain nothing...
- Why Elma's race cares about Ganglion/human wars; is the shadow at the end with Lao an antagonist? What has he planed/why.
- What the hell is up with Mira; who built it; why.
- Who the hell send all those races to Mira.
- What the hell happened to the Samaarian.
- How the hell do you "implant a failsafe in human DNA", and how does it work?
- And a lot more that don't come to mind right now.

The story is a real clusterfuck, and I begin to doubt the developer themselves had something clear in mind for the game.

Yazuka

So I'm level 45 now and I'm at the boss of chapter 10. And it is kicking my ass.
Where is a good place to train? I want too get up to level 50 and buy a better skell.

Top Bottom