• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

That feel when you wreck shit with the Ares 90.

giphy.gif

Anyone know of any good advanced combat guides? I'm talking doing art combos, proper team builds, overdrive use, and maybe weapon setups ect. After getting my butt kicked trying to go through the Ganglion Antropolis, I've realized that I'm still pretty behind on a lot of this stuff despite playing for 85+ hours.

I looked through the OP, but didn't see anything good enough.

TheMoon

Anyone know of any good advanced combat guides? I'm talking doing art combos, proper team builds, overdrive use, and maybe weapon setups ect. After getting my butt kicked trying to go through the Ganglion Antropolis, I've realized that I'm still pretty behind on a lot of this stuff despite playing for 85+ hours.

If you find one, tell me so I can link it there for future reference.

How much is this on the eshop? I planned to come home with a copy today but nowhere in my town sells wii u stuff anymore leaving me with only one option of going to GAME to pay the £45 they're asking which will magically become £50 once I reach the store.

KingBroly

Banned
Chapter 12 question

Is there ANY WAY to speed up this fuel re-charge before Lao or am I going to have to wait another 3 hours?

EDIT: Okay, I think I did it...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

There are some real good videos on YouTube. Here are a few I've watched, I'm sure these users have others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1JGo9uDwfw Agument TP Gain XX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpiYaR_usBo Unlockin Field Skill Lv.5

Honestly GameFaqs has some good threads too, just search what you're looking for. There's a good database of info on there.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
How much is this on the eshop? I planned to come home with a copy today but nowhere in my town sells wii u stuff anymore leaving me with only one option of going to GAME to pay the £45 they're asking which will magically become £50 once I reach the store.

I don't know how much or what your internet is like, but this game is like 20+ GB download. So you won't be playing anytime soon.

There are optional data packs to install if you buy the disc, but at least you can play right away - and download those data packs at night when you're sleeping, because they also take hours to download and install.

So just a heads up, if you buy physical its possible to immediately begin playing (with long load times), but if you buy digital you're going to have to wait hours.

-Horizon-

Someone pointed out earlier in the thread that Alex, Gus, and Tobias should never have been let on the White Whale in the first place. They were exactly right.

So I got the second part of Alex's quest where
you follow him to oblivia and try to convince him to reconsider his actions
While he
has done some pretty unforgivable things (especially to those poor nopon)
it did seem like he had second thoughts about it all.
Until
that mysterious voice popped up. I have to wonder if its those shapeshifter causing trouble again. Or that could've been a voice from his crazy group so it might not have anything to do with the shapeshifters
Curious to see where it goes from here.

Pokemaniac

Chapter 12 question

Is there ANY WAY to speed up this fuel re-charge before Lao or am I going to have to wait another 3 hours?

Once you've gotten to that point in the fight, you're probably only going to be able to fire off a single attack before you're drained again anyway. You're probably better off just waiting to get just enough fuel to use your most powerful art.

Got 2 of em. The Lvl 60 nemesis just pops like a ballon.
Killed the lvl 91 milleasaur in primodia also. Think the fight lasted 20 seconds

I seriously was not expecting the level of power it had. It's still shocking how you can end things so quickly. I'm working on the augments now to make it even more silly, hehe.

Haunted

Someone pointed out earlier in the thread that Alex, Gus, and Tobias should never have been let on the White Whale in the first place. They were exactly right.
Xenophobic military types that have the necessary qualifications for a mission like this seems like a pretty believable trope to me.

Speaking from a pure survival perspective, there are a ton of useless civvies on board that shouldn't have gotten any sort of priority treatment (though this is alluded to later in the story).

Once you've gotten to that point in the fight, you're probably only going to be able to fire off a single attack before you're drained again anyway. You're probably better off just waiting to get just enough fuel to use your most powerful art.
That fight was hilarious - using fuel-re up tickets I had saved up and just mashing to get all my biggest attacks out meant the fight lasted like 10 seconds.

KingBroly

Banned

Yeah, I was probably blinded by rage. I did beat it this time, though. No Difficulty decrease.

4 hours in, this game is awesome. I just want to kill myself for not having played Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii... will play 3DS version after finishing XCX for sure.

I love exploring so much, the atmosphere is just so awesome. It's really like a Jurassic Park feeling when discovering all the species and the various environnements (and I've seen like 5% lol).

Thanks for the good help in OT with useful links and information.

I know there's the nicely done Sheet with everything in it but I don't want to get lost in all this information for now (that's already a lot with all that there is in the 1st OT) but if someone has a link or an advice for weapons and equipment it'll be great. I can't wait to customize my character but I don't want to spend money on good looking gear that will be useless (it seems that spending wisely till you get a Skell is the best thing to do so).

I'll post my character later
Linkle
... and Skell as soon as I have one ^^

Edit: reading all the posts here it's almost like I'm LTTP lol

Pokemaniac

That fight was hilarious - using fuel-re up tickets I had saved up and just mashing to get all my biggest attacks out meant the fight lasted like 10 seconds.

Couldn't you also theoretically keep going by one-shotting appendages? I know you get some fuel for that, but I'm not sure if it would be enough.

I don't know how much or what your internet is like, but this game is like 20+ GB download. So you won't be playing anytime soon.

There are optional data packs to install if you buy the disc, but at least you can play right away - and download those data packs at night when you're sleeping, because they also take hours to download and install.

So just a heads up, if you buy physical its possible to immediately begin playing (with long load times), but if you buy digital you're going to have to wait hours.

Ugh. Still finishing a 32gb download for Witcher 3 and got to catch up on over a year's worth of OS updates on my Wii U. I think I might leave this one for a bit instead as I didn't realize there are even downloads for the retail version. May as well go digital instead but will probably have to wait for a price drop since I'm expecting a £50 rrp.

It's oddly impossible to find a price for the game on the eshop on the Web too.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Weapons and equipment are sort of trivial to worry about pre-skell. Just use whatever you want, everything is balanced to get the job done. There are best setups you can use late or post games, but there's always a way to do it . Don't worry about using up battle points on the "wrong" thing, you can always change your direction later

cyress8

Banned
Chû Totoro;191029931 said:
4 hours in, this game is awesome. I just want to kill myself for not having played Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii... will play 3DS version after finishing XCX for sure.

I love exploring so much, the atmosphere is just so awesome. It's really like a Jurassic Park feeling when discovering all the species and the various environnements (and I've seen like 5% lol).

I know there's the nicely done Sheet with everything in it but I don't want to get lost in all this information for now (that's already a lot with all that there is in the 1st OT) but if someone has a link or an advice for weapons and equipment it'll be great. I can't wait to customize my character but I don't want to spend money on good looking gear that will be useless (it seems that spending wisely till you get a Skell is the best thing to do so).

Linkle
Protip: Focus on planting probes early. Saves you alot of time later down the line.

I restarted the game awhile a ago and planted probes on every continent as soon as they let me start planting probes. It makes a hell of a difference, money and resource wise. (You also learn how to run for your life and learn the quirks of all the enemies and animals.) Exploration also will help you get a ton of money too once you get certain probes.

random25

That final boss fight isn't even that hard.
2 of my 4 skell squad including mine just launched drones before he starts draining my fuel, and in less than 10 seconds plus a true stream edge the fight was over.

Chû Totoro;191029931 said:

Linkle

Edit: reading all the posts here it's almost like I'm LTTP lol

Save money for the skells later on. Then if you're filthy rich because skells makes some of your missions and planting data probes easy, then go wild with your ground gear, especially the ones with Treasure Sensor built-in augments. The moment I was able to buy skells I was rich enough to buy 4 level 30 skells in one go at the shop before I can even use them (due to level 30 constraints). Same with the level 50 skells later on. You really can live with enemy dropped armors and weapons, just constantly level up your arts and skills to make significant buffs to your party.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Protip: Focus on planting probes early. Saves you alot of time later down the line.

I restarted the game awhile a ago and planted probes on every continent as soon as they let me start planting probes. It makes a hell of a difference, money and resource wise. (You also learn how to run for your life and learn the quirks of all the enemies and animals.) Exploration also will help you get a ton of money too once you get certain probes.

Exactly, here are simple beginner tips:

1. Upgrade your mechanical skill once you increase your Blade rank (talk to the lady in front of the mission board)
2. Focus on planting probes
3. Its okay and encouraged to run away from enemies. You WILL get OHKO'ed by enemies, its OKAY. don't let that discourage you from exploring an area, just try again! Try walking instead of running past enemies or finding another way around.

So here is the weapon on my level 20 Skell I was talking about:

1MQ24ml.jpg

PS: The flame thrower ("Brenner") is so much fun too! I will keep using "Pumpkin", as I called the guy in memory of the fucking Squash fetch quest, until I hit level 50 and can buy better Skells for sure.

You need the 12,000 buster sword.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You need the 12,000 buster sword.

Yeah the Lv20 smell is garbage, its not even worth giving to your party members.

1. Invest the first AM company to Lv5
2. Buy a Lv30 skell, really anyone will do. I'd recommend having just one Heavy type since they have more HP and hit slightly harder.
4. Buy the GBuster right shoulder weapon.

Rinse and repeat for all your party members. The G buster weapon does insane damage relative to anything a lv20 skell can do . I've taken out the Lv 55 nemesis that you need to kill foe the Lv.5 Mechanical skill quest.

You won't need to spend anymore until you hit Lv.50.

NeoRausch

Hey guys/gales,

I need to kill some Xiphias in Noctilum for their stupid horns.
They should be near water/beach, but I can't find any of them.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That final boss fight isn't even that hard.
2 of my 4 skell squad including mine just launched drones before he starts draining my fuel, and in less than 10 seconds plus a true stream edge the fight was over.
Don't believe this guy; it's only easy if you are over leveled or overgeared, I hate it when people try to push their experiences on others.

Yeah the Lv20 smell is garbage, its not even worth giving to your party members.

2. Buy a Lv30 skell, really anyone will do. I'd recommend having just one Heavy type since they have more HP and hit slightly harder.

Rinse and repeat for all your party members.

Oh, I had enough credits to buy four skells and gear by the time I hit level 30. I have 2 or 3 AMs at lv5. I'm only level 32 right now and have already brought in over 1,000,000 credits through FrontierNav. I'm over 30,000 credits per cycle. I need some supply probes, though. I take in more than my max miranium every time...

This has all happened pretty naturally as I was playing. I explored and planted as many probes as possible. I focused on mechanical and planting probes, then accidentally discovered combo bonuses when I threw all three of my original supply probes down near each other.

cyress8

Banned

Rinse and repeat for all your party members. The G buster weapon does insane damage relative to anything a lv20 skell can do . I've taken out the Lv 55 nemesis that you need to kill foe the Lv.5 Mechanical skill quest.

Yep, I made the mistake of upgrading the lvl 20 skell. Waste of money.

Skells ranked using Dragonball characters
Lvl 20 Skell: Yamcha
Lvl 30 Skell: Base Goku
Lvl 30 Skell w/ Super Weapons: SSJ Goku
Lvl 50 Skell: SSJ 2 Goku
Lvl 50 Skell /w Super Weapons: SSJ 3 Goku
Ares 70: SSJG Goku
Ares 90: Beerus
Lvl 60 Skell /w Full Augments and Super Weapons: Beerus and SSJG merged with the fusion dance.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So whats the best way to raise affinity?

Post-story support missions accessed in the back of BLADE barracks

other wise normal/basic missions. and when in combat, keep hitting as many soul voice combo things as possible.

Revven

I'm really, really loving this game and I have no idea how many hours I've put into it so far (maybe 15?) but I just finished Chapter 4 last night and have been doing as many affinity missions in between that I can (saving before actually confirming them though in case they require something ridiculous and I need to reset).

I haven't read the manual at all but I've been able to get by just fine with paying attention to the soul voices and being particularly mindful of buying armor/weapons when I think there's new stuff. Oh and reading the arts descriptions as well as sticking to the Striker build until I feel comfortable moving to something else.

Only thing I don't think I really "get" still are the data probes. How do you link them up again so they get the red circles around them? I have several set up with Mining Probes (mainly G1s or G2s depending on what probe is near) but they don't link up like the first three for that one mission I had to do. It'd be nice if someone here could sort of explain it better than the game does... (if it already has been explained recently just link me to the post instead).

I'm also sort of understanding when I should use my TP arts but I'm definitely not using them all the time.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm really, really loving this game and I have no idea how many hours I've put into it so far (maybe 15?) but I just finished Chapter 4 last night and have been doing as many affinity missions in between that I can (saving before actually confirming them though in case they require something ridiculous and I need to reset).

I haven't read the manual at all but I've been able to get by just fine with paying attention to the soul voices and being particularly mindful of buying armor/weapons when I think there's new stuff. Oh and reading the arts descriptions as well as sticking to the Striker build until I feel comfortable moving to something else.

Only thing I don't think I really "get" still are the data probes. How do you link them up again so they get the red circles around them? I have several set up with Mining Probes (mainly G1s or G2s depending on what probe is near) but they don't link up like the first three for that one mission I had to do. It'd be nice if someone here could sort of explain it better than the game does... (if it already has been explained recently just link me to the post instead).

I'm also sort of understanding when I should use my TP arts but I'm definitely not using them all the time.

Read all of the guides posted on the page 1 OP, then come back here. I'm not trying to be snarky but this game has SO MUCH. All the questions you asked have been asked hundreds of times, the game does a bad job of teaching.

If you have any more specific questions after reading through all the OP let us know!

Thanks.

Rifle TP? I'm 120h in and I still use it. I wish I could improve its firerate though.

Yes. I'm full on melee Duelist. I activate an aura, whip out the ramjet for a quick burst, then bam incendiary Edge. I just never use the rifle until I need a quick dose of TP, then put it away until I need it again.

Motooni

To chain them they must be the same type and same grade, ie all G1 and not G1 and G2 mixed. Link 3 or more to see the chain take effect. This tells you all you need to know.

Doorman

Regarding this question in particular: probes need to be not just the same type, but also the same level in order for the combinations to link together. So you'd need, for instance, three Mining G2 probes to form a combo, not just three mining probes. As far as I've seen so far, mining and research probes run all the way up to G10, so sometimes having enough of one particular level to make a real good chain can be tough to pull off. I think my biggest one is a group of like ten mining G2 probes, though at that point it might be better to split that into two or three smaller, but higher-grade chains.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah the Lv20 skell is garbage, its not even worth giving to your party members.

Just reached level 30! Any tips on what to buy in stores at this point??

There ya go!

random25

Don't believe this guy; it's only easy if you are over leveled or overgeared, I hate it when people try to push their experiences on others.

But people saying it's too hard is also pushing their own experience too, ne? I'm just putting a different perspective is all. The game offers a player different degrees of freedom to have different experiences anyway. :p

Linking data probes should be of the same level, like others said.

As for TP arts, if it's an attack (melee or ranged) I use it as a finishing move since you might never know when you need to use TP for other things like reviving, aura or healing/buffs. But it really is up to your playstyle since going all-out the first second of the fight can really turn the tide in a battle to your favor. Just learn to take advantage of some of its additional effects to make the most of your TP arts, like using it in melee/ranged combos, using it behind the enemy, etc. Also, melee/ranged TP arts uses the potential stat as a damage factor so better to make ways to increase the potential stat with the gear and augments you equip.

How long does your skell "stay in the shop" for after you get it?

What a tease. I drove it from the garage to BLADE headquarters, started a mission and now I haven't seen the thing since.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
But people saying it's too hard is also pushing their own experience too, ne? I'm just putting a different perspective is all. The game offers a player different degrees of freedom to have different experiences anyway. :p
your perspective is worth nothing if you don't elaborate properly. All your post adds up to "it's easy, yo."

Sabine

Neo Member

What a tease. I drove it from the garage to BLADE headquarters, started a mission and now I haven't seen the thing since.

Did you actually register it to someone in the Blade headquarters terminal? :)

Fandangox

What? I don't understand your question. Like the first Skell you get? Should be a blue dot on the map, go to the barracks, Skell Hangar on the computer, and make sure is registered to your character.

Top Bottom